March 15, 16 & 17, 2013
5) Lebanon Valley Youth For Christ Bids For Kids Benefit Auction Tonight & Tomorrow (March 15 & 16) at Lebanon Valley Expo & Fairgrounds. More Info: lvyfc.com
4) Rainbow’s End 30th Anniversary Banquet featuring Dawson McAllister tomorrow (Saturday, March 16th) 6pm at Kraybill Mennonite School. Free Event. More info: reys.org
3) Night of Worship with the Jimmy Emig Band at Bethany UMC in Lebanon, tomorrow (Saturday, March 16) 6pm! More info: 717-628-1186.
2) The Bryn Mawr Mainliners Men’s Chorus will entertain in barbershop style as part of the Garden Spot Village Saturday Evening Concert Series tomorrow (Sat. March 16th) at 7pm. Classic four-part harmonies and a capella voices. Free. Donations accepted. More info: 717-355-6000
1) 1863 Invasion in the Valley Exhibit, today (Fri, Mar 15, 2013) 10am-2pm at the Cumberland County Historical Society 21 North Pitt Street, Carlisle. In June 1863, Confederate and Union forces clashed in Cumberland County from Shippensburg to Camp HIll. Discover the stories of soldiers, the citizens, and stolen cows, through Civil War artifacts, documents , and photographs. Free Event. More Info: historicalsociety.com
March 8, 9 & 10, 2013
5) The 150+ voice National Christian Choir is performing a free concert at Grace Bible Chapel, 1949 Joseph Biggs Highway, Rising Sun, MD on Sunday (March 10) at 6pm. More info: 410-658-5767
4) Chick-fil-A at Lincoln Highway East in Lancaster is having its first-ever Pirate-Princess Breakfast from 9 to 11am tomorrow (Saturday, March 9) at its location across from Rockvale Outlets. The event will include a special treasure chest craft and appearances by a real “princess and pirate.” Reservations are not required, the event is free, other than the cost of breakfast. More info: chick-fil-a.com/lincolnhighwayeast
3) Audio-book narrator George Guidall will be at the Hershey Public Library on Sunday, (March 10, 2013) at 2pm. Get a behind the scenes look at the making of an audio-book. George has recorded over 900 unabridged novels and is the recipient of two Audie Awards for excellence in audio-book narration. This special event, sponsored by the Friends of the Hershey Library, is free and open to everyone but pre-registration is required. More info: 717 533-6555 or hersheylibrary.org
2) My Brother’s Keeper Ministries International – a ministry to Romania – is having 1st Picnic Lancaster – 2013! Tonight (Friday March 8) 6:30pm at Crossroads Brethren in Christ Church Family Center, Mount Joy. More info: MBK.ro
1) In honor of Charter Day, Sunday, (March 10) many PA Museums will be open for Free, including the State Museum in Harrisburg (where the original charter will be on display), Landis Valley Village & Farm Museum, Ephrata Cloister Museum, Railroad Museum of PA in Strasburg, and many others. More info: (717) 772-3257
March 1, 2 & 3, 2013
5) First Friday Lancaster, tonight (March 1) celebrate the arts in downtown Lancaster – Galleries, museums, artist studios, artisans, unique shops, music and more. More info: lancasterarts.com
4) For the Moms! Sisters In Christ Women’s Conference, tomorrow (Sat. March 2nd) from 6-9pm at Lancaster Bible College. Worship and Speakers. Free event. More Info: PaSistersinChrist.com
3) The Making of a Picture Book with Author Lee Harper
tomorrow (Mar 2, 2013) at Lancaster Public Library, North Duke Street in Lancaster from 10:30-11:30am. Registration is encouraged, seating is limited. More info: (717) 394-2651
2) Dr. Seuss Birthday Party tomorrow (March 2) at Carlisle Theatre, 40 West High St, Carlisle beginning at 2pm. Meet-and-greet and birthday party with Dr. Seuss characters, activities and screening of “The Lorax”. Free event! More info: CarlisleTheatre.org
1) Movie (Undaunted) at Life Streams Productions in Ronks. Tomorrow and Sunday (March 2,& 3) 7pm both nights. Undaunted is the true story of how Josh McDowell set out to prove Jesus Christ never existed — but ended up on a journey that brought him face to face with God’s love and transforming power. Free event, no reservations needed, freewill offering. More info: (717) 687-4263
February 22, 23 & 24, 2013
5) River Towns Fourth Friday tonight 5-9pm at all the river towns – Visit galleries, antique shops, local eateries, and specialty shops in the Columbia, Marietta, and Wrightsville. View exhibits from local and visiting artists, enjoy refreshments and discover the uniqueness of towns along the Susquehanna River. More Info: (717) 684-5249
4) A Comedy presented by the BBCoB youth group tomorrow (Sat. Feb. 23rd) at 7pm and Sunday (Feb. 24th) at 2 & 7pm both days at Blue Ball Church of the Brethren in Blue Ball. An offering will be taken to benefit the youth summer mission trip. More info: 717-354-7990
3) The Crispus Attucks Association of York is sponsoring a Lecture Series in celebration of Black History Month at the Early Learning Center in York (the corner of S Duke St and E Boundary Ave) Sunday (February 24) at 2 PM. In addition to the lectures, light refreshments and auxiliary exhibits related to the lectures. The Lecture Series is free and open to the public. More Info: 717-848-3610 x 280
2) Watch the Schreiber Volleyball Bash tomorrow (Sat. Feb. 23rd) from 9am-9pm at Millersville University. 12-hour non-stop Volleyball Bash for All ages. Spectators are welcome. Benefits Schreiber Pediatric. More Info: schreiberpediatric.org
1) Glenview Alliance Church in Glen Rock is hosting A Winter Family Fun Day with Forgotton Friends Reptile Sanctuary’s Jesse Rothacker tomorrow (Saturday, Feb 23) 10:00-11:30 A.M. An interactive reptile show, crafts, snacks, and door prizes. More Info: (717)428-2502.
February 15, 16, 17, 2013
5) Community Parents Night Out tonight (Fri. Feb. 15th) from 6pm to 8pm at York Springs United Methodist Church. A night of games, ice cream, food, movies, crafts, and more. More info:717-528-4314
4) A Night of Worship with the Jimmy Emig Band tomorrow (Sat. Feb. 16th) at 7pm at Strasburg Assembly of God, Gap Road, Strasburg. More info: (717) 687-6865
3) Chris Ivey “Character Juggler” will be performing at Central Manor Church of God in Washington Boro tonight (Friday February 15th) from 6:30-7:30PM. Donations accepted but not required. More info: 717-872-2772
2) THE NATIONAL CIVIL WAR MUSEUM, Resevoir Park, Harrisburg is having a Community Free Day tomorrow (February 16, 2013) from 10am-4pm. Family fun for all ages! Children’s games with Thompsons Battery C, Lectures, Living Historians, Music. More info: nationalcivilwarmuseum.org
1) Lititz Fire & Ice Festival, tonight, tomorrow and Sunday (Feb 15- Feb 17) Ice Sculptures, Chili Cook-offs, Friday night block party tonight 5-9 includes a fire eater, marshmallow roast, wing eating contest, and more. The weekend will continue with an art show and auction, live entertainment, a Winter Wonderland carnival and more! WJTL broadcasting live tonight. More info: lititzfireandicefestival.com
Feb 8, 9, 10 2013
5) FX Live is a 90-minute family production that builds character and faith – Glad Tidings Worship Center in West Lawn, tonight (February 8) 7pm (Doors open at 6 p.m.) Glad Tidings will be collecting diapers, baby bottles and wipes for local crisis pregnancy centers. More Info: 610.678.0266 ext 290
4) Free coffeehouse tomorrow (Sat. Feb. 9th) from 7-11pm at Immanuel Evangelical Free Church of York. August to October in concert. Open mic is before and after featured band. Games and activities are also provided. Held on the second Saturday of every month. More info: 717-755-2413
3) Family Hike in Landis Woods Park, tomorrow (Saturday, February 9) 9:30 am. One and a half mile hike on trails. Hikers meet at the outdoor theater at the park just off the Lititz Pike in Neffsville. More info: (717) 892-2026.
2) Former Newsboy, Phil Joel will perform a free concert at Grace Fellowship Church in Shillington tomorrow (Sat. Feb. 9th) at 7PM. Doors open at 6pm. Galen Crew will open the program. More info: 610-775-0151
1) Steven Courtney and Phredd Concert- Kids and family Show tomorrow (Sat Feb 9th) at 10:30 am at Manheim Brethren in Christ Church in Manheim. Donations will be accepted, and proceeds will be going to help fund “Truth Matters,” a youth-oriented apologetics conference featuring Sean McDowell, on November 1-2, also at Manheim BIC. More info: 717-682-4746
February 1, 2 & 3 , 2013
5) First Friday Lancaster tonight (Feb 1) 5-9p celebrate the arts in Lancaster. Music, art, special activities, vendors and more. More info: Lancasterarts.com
4) Solid Rock Café featuring Dan College and the band Youth of Zion tomorrow (Saturday, February 2nd) 7-9pm at Mount Zion Road Church of the Brethren, Lebanon. Free admission. More info: 717-933-4926
3) First Friday – LEGO Building Party, tonight (Friday, Feb 1) 5 -8:30p at Hammel Associates Architects of Lancaster. More than 10,000 Lego pieces. More info: hammelarch.com
2) Veritas Art Show featuring the art of various School District of Lancaster art teachers as part of Lancaster First Friday, tonight (February 1) from 6-9pm at the Community Room on Prince . Also enjoy live music by Lancaster’s own Ben Rothermel. More info: veritaspa.org
1) 11th Annual Ephrata Groundhog Day at Ephrata Park tomorrow (Sat. Feb. 2nd) from 9-9:30AM. Ephrata’s 200 pound Groundhog, Cocalico Cal, will again prognosticate the weather for the remainder of the winter after what is always a comical skit about his complicated life. Free coffee & doughnuts.
January 25, 26 & 27, 2013
5) Bobby and JR Wehner in concert tonight (Friday, Jan 25) 6:30pm-8:30pm. Hear singer-songwriter Bobby Wehner and his dad perform two generations of music: From bluegrass/country to modern folk/rock at Ten Thousand Villages Cafe in Ephrata. More info: ephrata.tenthousandvillages.com
4) Salem Hellers Church Movie Night, Horseshoe Rd, Lancaster tonight (January 25) at 7pm featuring “End of the Spear,” the story of the unlikely friendship forged between tribesman from the jungles of Ecuador and the son of a man he killed, Steve Saint. Admission is free and popcorn and drinks will be provided. More info: 717-656-9249
3) Fourth Friday – Mount Joy – Tonight (January 25) 5-8pm in Downtown Mount Joy. Stroll the town, Browse shops, Special events, music, art and more. More info: mainstreetmountjoy.com
2) Frosty Full Moon Hike – tomorrow (Saturday, Jan 26)
9 -10:30pm. Bundle up for a frosty hike into the woods of Lancaster County Central Park with Naturalist Karen Waltemyer Free but registration is required. More info:717-295-2055.
1) Join WJTL and Ski Roundtop for the Cardboard Derby Sunday (Jan. 27th) Check-in begins at 3:00 pm, judging at 4:00 pm. Teams build crazy cardboard contraptions and you can watch them ride down the tubing runs. Free for spectators! More info: skiroundtop.com
FRED MCNAUGHTON – January 18, 19 and 20, 2013.
5) Showing of the movie “Last Ounce of Courage” at the Living Waters Theater; tomorrow and Sunday (Jan 19 & 20)7pm. Doors open at 6pm. Freewill offering, no reservations needed. More Info: (717) 687-4263
4) FREE showing of the movie October Baby tomorrow (Sat. Jan. 19th) at 6:30pm at Manheim Brethren in Christ Church. Before and after the movie meet local ministries involved in promoting the value of human life. More info: 717-538-4889
3) October Baby, a feature length film will be shown at Jerusalem Church 1620 Newport Rd Manheim at 6:30pm Sunday (January 20th). Following the movie, Lisa Hosler of Susquehanna Valley Pregnancy Services will share. Light refreshments will be served afterwards. The movie is rated PG-13 and deals with the serious emotions of abortion. Parents should use discretion in bringing children. More info: 717 665-6565
2) A string quartet of present and past members of the Philadelphia Orchestra will be in concert Sunday (Jan. 20th) at 6:30pm at Calvary Monument Bible Church in Paradise. More info: calvarymonument.org
1) Coffeehouse and Open Mic night with Unusual Suspects
Tonight (Friday, Jan 18) 7-9p at the Community Room on Prince in downtown Lancaster. The event is free, there will be an opportunity to donate to support the music of Unusual Suspects.
FRED MCNAUGHTON – January 11, 12, 13 2013
5) SECOND FRIDAY in LITITZ tonight (January 11, 2013) 5-9pm. Historic Downtown Lititz streets filled with family activities and entertainments, free and open to the public. More info: venturelititz.com
4) Ichthus Coffeehouse, Games and open mic for music or spoken word, tomorrow (Saturday, Jan 12) 7pm-11pm at Immanuel Evangelical Free Church of York. More Info:717-755-2413
3) E-town 2nd Fridays, tonight (Saturday, Jan 11) 5-9 pm. Downtown Elizabethtown. Music, Art and Kids Activities. More Info: facebook.com/Etown2ndFridays
2) Family R We Conference tonight 7-9p and tomorrow 8:30am to noon (Fri & Sat Jan 11 & 12) Moms, Dads Grandparents and Kids engaged in interactive activities that help them discover what makes family, family. Wesley United Methodist Church, Quarryville. Presented by House on the Rock Ministries.
1) 97th Pennsylvania Farm Show. continues tonight and tomorrow (Friday and Saturday Jan 11 & 12) at the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex and Expo Center, 2300 N. Cameron St., Harrisburg. Hundreds of exhibits, contests, all celebrating PA agriculture. Admission is free, there is a cost for parking. More Info: farmshow.state.pa.us