FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! November 2, 3 & 4, 2012
5) The Solid Rock Cafe is featuring singer Cristabelle Braden for a night of music, speaking, and fellowship tomorrow (Sat. Nov. 3rd) at 7PM. The Solid Rock Cafe is at the World of Life Center at Mount Zion Road Church of the Brethren. MOre info: 717-933-4926
4) Habitat for Humanity Praise Concert at Zion UM of Iona in Lebanon tomorrow (Sat. Nov. 3r)d from 6:30-9PM. Groups featured are: Habitat for Humanity Guitar Choir,Damaskus Road, Zion UM of Iona’s praise team, Ring Leaders Quartet and more. Raise awareness of the mission of Habitat Lebanon. A goodwill offering will be taken. More info: (717). 867-1044.
3) Harvest Fest 2012 – Trinity United Methodist will host a free community festival tomorrow (Sat. November 3rd) from 11am to 2pm. Pie, music, games, free food, petting zoo, kid’s zumba, door prizes, a pie bake-off and live music. and more! A cross between a carnival and a good old community block-party. More info: 717-235-2544
2) A benefit coffee house for Compassion International held by MGBC’s young adult small group tomorrow (Sat. Nov. 3rd) 6:30pm at Manheim Grace Brethren Church. Coffee and desserts are FREE. Music from several artists including KimberLiana and Juliana Schnee, both featured on the Kids Cookie Break 4 CD. Also, an art gallery from local artists. More info: 717-665-2334
1) Lititz Wesleyan Church Lititz Harvest Celebration. Enjoy free food, carnival style games and a barrel train ride for the kids. today, (Friday, Nov. 2nd) from 6-8pm. You are also invited to drop off a coat for the church’s annual Coat Drive. More info: 717-626-6100 **UNFORTUNATELY, THIS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL NEXT FRIDAY, NOV. 9 6-8PM!**
FRED MCNAUGHTON – Christ in Action is going to Southern NJ to help those affected by Hurricane Sandy. Our friend (and former Damascus Drummer – Daryl Stoltzfus) is the PA Coordinator for Christ in Action. They will begin receiving volunteers as soon as Friday (Nov2). Daryl will be taking a team down Saturday night and you could possibly travel with his team. If you are available and want to help our neighbors in NJ who have been devastated by this storm, please go the Christ in Action website and fill out a volunteer form now. If you want to go with Daryl Saturday please email him – Daryl at Christ in Action dot com and of course make that look like a regular email address. Listen to Daryl’s interview at our WJTL Casts page.
3 things you can do for Christ in Action:
1) Volunteer to go to Southern NJ
2) Make a donation at the website to help underwrite their service there.
3) Pray for the Christ in Action team as they serve those in Southern NJ who have lost everything.
FRED MCNAUGHTON – Red Cross Responding to Hurricane Sandy In Central PA
Seventeen Shelters opening on Monday
Harrisburg, PA, Sunday, October 28, 2012 — The American Red Cross is responding throughout Central Pennsylvania as Hurricane Sandy bears down on the Commonwealth.
The American Red Cross will be opening shelters at the following Central Pennsylvania locations:
· Adams County: Gettysburg Senior High School, 1300 Old Harrisburg Road, Gettysburg, PA 17325
· Blair County: Altoona School District Junior High School, 1400 7th Avenue, Altoona, PA 16601
· Centre County: Bald Eagle Area High School, 751 South Eagle Valley Road, Wingate, PA 16823
· Clinton County: Renovo Fire Company, 230 Eleventh Street, Renova, PA 17764
· Cumberland County: Silver Spring Presbyterian Church, 444 Silver Spring Road, Mechanicsburg, PA 17055
· Dauphin County: Harrisburg High School (John Harris), 2451 Market St, Harrisburg, PA 17103
· Franklin County: Salem United Brethren Church, 4349 Letterkenny Road, Chambersburg, PA 17201
· Huntingdon County: Cassville United Methodist Church, 30 Maple Street, Cassville, PA 16623
· Lancaster County: Manheim Township Middle School, 150 School Road, Lancaster PA 17601
· Lebanon County: Lebanon Valley Expo Center, 80 Rocherty Rd., Rocherty, PA 17042
· Lycoming County: New Covenant United Church of Christ, 212 E Third Street, Williamsport, PA 17701
· Northumberland County: Shamokin High School, 2000 W. State Street, Coal Township, PA 17866
· Snyder County: Selinsgrove Area Middle School, 401 N. 18th Street, Selinsgrove, PA 17870
· Tioga County: Knoxville-Deerfield Volunteer Fire Company, 105 Case Street, Knoxville, PA 16928
· Union County: Donald H. Eichhorn Middle School, 2057 Washington Ave., Lewisburg, PA 17837
· York County: Northern High School, 653 S. Baltimore Street, Dillsburg, PA 17019
· York County: York County School of Technology, 2179 S. Queen Street, York, PA 17402
The shelters will open Monday at noon, except for locations in school buildings, where classes are in session. (If schools are in session, the shelter will open at 3:00 p.m. If classes are cancelled, the shelter will open at noon). Those coming to a Red Cross shelter should bring the following with them: identification, any medicines and medical equipment, pillows, towels, blankets, personal care items, bathrobes, change of clothes, books/magazines, personal care items. For children and infants, please also bring infant supplies such as formula and diapers and items to comfort and entertain the children. It is strongly suggested that you arrive as early as possible.
FRED MCNAUGHTON – Lancaster County Emergency Management has announced that all school districts in Lancaster County will be closed Monday and Tuesday in anticipation of Hurricane Sandy. Millersville University will also be closed Monday and Tuesday.
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! October 26, 27 & 28
5) Grace Point Church of Paradise Fall Fun Fest, tonight (Oct. 26) 6-8:30 p.m. Free meal for those who register, games, candy & fun. Non-scary costumes or masks please. More info: 717-687-7971.
4) Bethel Assembly of God’s Twelfth Annual Light the Night, tonight (Friday, October 26) 6-9pm in Littlestown. “Light the Night” is an alternative to trick-or-treating and is for families that have children under 12 years of age. More info: bethelag.com
3) St. David’s E.C. Church in Dover Community Fun Fest tonight (Friday, October 26th) from 6 to 9PM. Located behind Pizza Hut off Rte. 74 in Dover. Fun, Food, Games, Hayrides, Bounce House, Candy and costume contests with prizes, More Info: 717-764-0033
2) Gateway Church International “Wacky Wild Safari” tonight (Friday, October 26) from 6-8PM, Blunston Rd, East York. This is a fun, family Halloween alternative. Children and parents are encouraged to come dressed for the event in their most wild and wacky safari costumes. Food, Games, Face Painting, Crafts, Rides including Bounce House, Barrel Trains, Hay Rides and lots of CANDY at Candy Lane. Music and Puppet entertainment too. More info:717-252-4148
1) Calvary Church of Lancaster Harvest Fair, 1051 Landis Valley Rd, tomorrow (Saturday, Oct 27) 1 to 5pm, A Free Community Event, Fun For The Whole Family, games, rides, prizes and The Kids Cookie Car. More info at the Calvary Church Facebook page.
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! Oct 19, 20 & 21
5) The Caring Closet of the West Shore Evangelical Free Church in Mechanicsburg today (Friday, October19) open til Noon. There will be a time of worship and prayer, an A children’s program . More info: (717) 697-0226.
4) David Meece and Band in Concert tonight (Fri. Oct. 19th) at 7PM at Manheim BIC. No tickets needed, a love offering will be taken. More Info: 717-665-2133
3) Milk to Meat Youth Ministries of Grace Community Fellowship in Manheim is hosting a free Christian Concert Outreach Event tonight (Fri. Oct. 19th) 7-8:30pm. All youth in grades 7-12 are welcome. More information: 717-665-7222
2) Stand Strong the Movie will be showing tomorrow (Saturday October 20) & Sunday (Oct 21) 7pm at Living Waters Theater in Strasburg PA. No reservations needed, Freewill offering will be received. More info: (717) 687-4263
1) 97th annual Dillsburg Farmers’ Fair Fantastic Parade tomorrow (Saturday, October 20) at 7:30 pm. Bands, Floats, Classic Cars, Firetrucks and more. Children’s Parade today 10am to noon. More info at dillsburgfarmersfair.org
So sorry this posted late.
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! October 12, 13 and 14, 2012
5) Timberline Church Harvest Fest, tomorrow (Sat Oct 13th) 4pm. The event is geared for children ages 3 through 5th grade. Activities include petting zoo, carnival games, hay rides, popcorn, scarecrow making, pumpkin painting, pumpkin bowling, face painting and sand art. At 6pm there will be a bonfire to roast hotdogs and make smores. More info: 717-687-5118.
4) Free Concert featuring Brett Rush and his Band along with Scott DeRaps and Ben Rothermel tomorrow (Sat. Oct. 13th) from 3 to 10pm at Colerain Baptist Church, 1923 Noble Rd., Kirkwood, Pa. More info at 717-529-2492
3) The Teen Challenge Choir will provide musical ministry and testimonies of lives saved from addiction at Garden Spot Village Chapel, Sunday (Oct. 14th) from 7-8pm. Love offering taken. More info: 717-355-6000
2) St. Paul Christian Early Learning Center of Lititz is having a ”Touch-A-Truck” event tomorrow (Sat. October 13) 9am – 1pm. at St. Paul Lutheran Church on Orange St. in Lititz, This educational outdoor event is intended to give children the opportunity to explore first-hand a variety of trucks and vehicles seen operating around the community. The event is free with the donation of a non-perishable food item or canned good to benefit the Community Chest food bank. More info:717-627-0900.
1) Fields of Faith is a community outreach event tomorrow (Sat. Oct. 13th) from 6-8pm at the Conestoga Valley High School football stadium The event is being hosted by the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and the school’s Fellowship of Christian Students. More info: 717-397-5231
FRED MCNAUGHTON – FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! October 5, 6 & 7, 2012
5) The 27th annual Apple Festival tomorrow (Saturday Oct. 06,) 9am-3pm rain or shine, Boehm’s United Methodist Church, Willow Street. Copper kettles of homemade apple butter, Apple dumplings, baked goods, homemade vanilla and apple ice cream, apple bread, and more apple celebrations!
4) Hinkletown Mennonite School Benefit Auction, today and tomorrow (Friday, Oct 5 & Saturday, Oct 6) at the school, Wanner Road, Ephrata Children’s activities include crafts, bounce house & hay tunnel. For more info: hmsk8.org
3) First Annual Car & Motorcycle Show at In The Light Ministries, Shippen St., Lancaster, tomorrow, (Sat. Oct. 6th) from 11am-2pm. Featuring Hector from The Fast and The Furious. Musical performances by Chozen, G.O.D.SENT, Chris White, and more. More Info: 717-209-0097
2) LBC Homecoming and Open House tomorrow (Saturday, October 6) beginning at 9am, Kids Play area, 5k run, LBC Alumni Baseball and Soccer, Tours of the School, and Kids Cookie Break Broadcasting Live. More info: lbc.edu
1)Water Street Ministries Family Day, tomorrow (Saturday, October 6) from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the ministry’s Prince Street campus: 210 South Prince Street, Lancaster. Music by Phredd at 10am, Matt Wheeler and the Vintage Heart at 11:45 and Saint Elouise at 1:30pm. A seminar Led by Steve Brubaker, based on the book, Invisible Neighbors will also take place, participants receive a free copy of the book. Tours and food will be offered throughout the day also. More info: Waterstreetministries.org
FRED MCNAUGHTON – FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! September 28, 29 & 30, 2012
5) Free Museum Day – tomorrow, (Saturday, Sept 29) in culmination of September being Museum month, many Museums throughout Pennsylvania and the US are offering free admission tomorrow. Check with your favorite museum to see if they are participating and celebrate or visit smithsonianmag.com/museumday/venues/
4) Christian Rap and Hip Hop group “4 Trinity” will perform at Miller Chapel on the Lebanon Valley College campus tomorrow (Saturday, September 29 ) at 7pm. The concert will feature praise and worship hip hop and rap in English and Spanish and serve as part of LVC’s Hispanic Heritage Month at the College. More Info: 717-867-6135
3) World Help’s Children of the World International Children’s Choir Rescue Tour Concert tomorrow (Saturday, Sept 29) 7pm at the Worship Center in Lancaster and also on Sunday (September 30) 6pm at Gateway Church’s Parkesburg Campus. The choir is made up of children from many different countries and will include sining, dancing, spoken word and multimedia. More info at worldhelp.net/cotw
2) Mount Calvary Christian School’s 20th Annual Benefit Auction and Barbecue tonight (Friday Sept 29) and tomorrow (Saturday Sept 30) at the school in Elizabethtown. Auction, food, games, Kids Tent and concerts by Phredd Saturday at 10am and 1pm. More info: mccsauction.net
1)Manheim’s 250th Anniversary Founder’s Day Celebration. tomorrow and Sunday (Sept 29 & 30) including a musical fireworks spectacular tomorrow night 9pm after the soccer game at the football stadium at Manheim Central High School. Jeremiah Coyne and Emazing Grace Musicfest earlier in the day from 5-8:30pm. Many other family friendly activities at the Farm Show Building and Memorial Park. More info: manheim250.org