September 6-8, 2013
5) The Strasburg Heritage Society will hold its 39th annual Antique and Craft Show tomorrow (Saturday, September 7th) from 9AM to 4PM. Over 40 vendors as well as demonstrations of traditional crafts and trades. The historic 1793 John Shroy House will be open for tours. Events include, live music, a quilt raffle, and admission is free. More Info: 717-687-8816 **Update: this event was recently cancelled, with the exception of the quilt raffle. Click here for details from www.LancasterOnline.com
4) Colonial Days 250th Anniversary of St Paul’s Wolf’s Church in York tomorrow (Saturday, September 7) beginning at 11am. The Central Middle School Fife and Drum Corp will perform, Scott Mingus – author and historian will speak. There will be games for children, cake walks, chicken corn soup, homemade apple butter and more. More Info: 717-792-0731
3) 2013 Apple Fest, tomorrow (Saturday, September 7) 4-8pm.
at Lancaster County Christian School, Games and Crafts, Community Meal and a concert by Phredd! More info:(717) 431-5061
2) Opening Night at the Community Room on King as part of First Friday Lancaster, tonight (Friday, September 6) from 6-9pm. The night will include an art show showcasing local talent and a concert by Matt Wheeler and Vintage Heart. More info: 717-572-5914
1) Outbreak Festival tomorrow (Saturday, September 7) from 10am to 6pm at the East Petersburg Community Park. Outbreak will feature many speakers and entertainers, as well as artists, games, trophies, and great food. More Info: hempfieldcob.org
August 30 & 31 and September 1, 2013 – Labor Day Weekend.
5) Huffnagle Park Concert Series, tomorrow (Saturday, Aug 31) 7:00p to 9:00p, Quarryville. The Lampeter-Strasburg Community Band and the Flipside Big Band will perform. Bring lawn chairs. More Info: 717 393-7541
4) Juan Catorce Band will be celebrating the release of their first full-length album at the Art & Soul Cafe in Mountville on tomorrow (Saturday, August 31). Doors open at 6:30 PM, and the show starts at 7:00 PM with a special acoustic set by Fervency. The release party will be an evening of music, art, food, and prizes for the whole family. Kids will be able to create their own piñata. Admission is free!
3) 29th Annual Hospice Labor Day Auction at the Lampeter Fairgrounds, Labor Day weekend, tomorrow (Saturday, August 31) thru Monday, September 2. Auctions of thousands of items, including quilts, handmade Amish furniture, original artwork, autographed sports memorabilia, plants & garden supplies, used items and much, much more. More Info: hospicecommunity.org
2) Heart of Lancaster County Arts and Craft Show, tomorrow (Saturday, August 31) and Sunday at Roots Market, Graystone Rd., Manheim from 10am-4pm. Over 200 local and regional fine arts and crafts vendors, with 50 live demonstrations, food and music by Susquehanna Pipes and Drums, as well as the Jazz Group, Over Easy. Admission for those attending is free. More INfo: hlcshow.com
1) Kids Cookie Break Fest, tomorrow (Saturday, August 31) Morning program 10am-2pm and Evening 3pm-7pm. If you weren’t able to get tickets you can Listen live on WJTL to concerts by Slugs & Bugs, Steven Courtney and the Suitcase Musicians, Chip Richter, King’s Strings & Phredd. Listen online at WJTL.com.
FRED MCNAUGHTON – There are no more tickets available for Kids Cookie Break Fest. Both the Morning and Evening Programs are completely “SOLD OUT”. No tickets will be available at the door. Everyone must have a ticket to attend. There will be a limited amount of lunches available for purchase on site. We will be broadcasting portions of KCB Fest Live on the radio tomorrow and online at WJTL.com.
August 23, 24 & 25, 2013
5) Stehman Memorial of Millersville will be holding a free concert tomorrow (Saturday, August 24th) with Steven Courtney and the Suitcase Musicians and special guest Mark Garber. Mark will come on at 6pm and Steven Courtney at 7pm. For More Info: 717-872-8668
4) The 4th annual Pennsylvania Cigar Box Guitar Festival tomorrow (Saturday, Aug 24) 10am-6pm at the York Emporium featuring Glenn Kaiser of Rez Band Fame. Two stages. Free and family-friendly. Glenn Kaiser takes the stage at 5PM. Visit their facebook page for more information.
3)REAL Youth Ministry Fundraiser and Car Show at Barry’s Paint Shop in Ephrata, tomorrow (Saturday, August 24) 10am-3pm. Kids Rides, Car show, Air Bag Deployments, Vehicle Roll Over Demonstrations, Shop Tours, Free Ice Cream and more. More Info: 717 733-6900
2)62nd Annual Shrewsbury Flower Show: A Walk Thru Candyland at the Shrewsbury Fire Hall tomorrow (Sat. Aug. 24th) & Sunday (Aug. 25th) from 1-5pm. Flowers, Prizes and more. Admission is free. More info: (717) 235-1130
1) Fourth Fridays in Mount Joy, Columbia, Marietta & Wrightsville, tonight (Friday, August 23). Artists, Artisans, Music, Culture, Family and friends in Downtown USA. Fourth Friday’s are an opportunity to experience and support your local community. More info: PaRivertowns.com
As many of you know, Lisa Landis was hospitalized on June 26th with a serious bacterial infection. Many of you have expressed interest in leaving a message for Lisa. This page would be a great way to do that. Simply leave your reply to this message and we will pass your well-wishes along to Lisa and her family.
Some listeners and organizations have also asked about organizing a Get Well card shower for Lisa. If your church or organization or family is interested in doing that you can send your cards to WJTL, 1875 Junction Road, Manheim, PA 17545 Attn: Lisa Landis, and we will pass them along to Lisa and her family as well.
Additionally, many have been asking about ways to help Lisa during her lengthy illness and Hospital Stay. If you would like to help with Lisa’s Medical & Rehabilitation Expenses, a special fund has been set up. Please send your gift to…
FULTON BANK: MCGOVERN AVENUE
20 MCGOVERN AVE.
LANCASTER, PA 17602
Please Indicate on your check that this is for the
LISA LANDIS BLOWERS FUND
or call or visit the FULTON BANK branch nearest you.
For the weekend of August 16, 17 & 18, 2013…
5)Kids Cookie Break broadcasting Live at Rockvale Outlets Lancaster for Back to School Fun tomorrow (Sat. August 17) John Staffieri and the Kids Cookie Break will be at Rockvale Outlets Lancaster for their Back to School Fun Dayfrom 9AM-Noon. More info: 717-293-9595
4) BACK TO SCHOOL FAMILY FUN DAY at Winterstown United Methodist Church in Felton tomorrow (Sat. Aug. 17th) from 10AM-1PM. There will be emergency vehicles on display, including the medic helicopter, The Chic-Fil-A cow, The York Revolution Mascot, Clowns, inflatable rides, food and school supplies for children in daycare and grades K thru 6th grade while they last. More info:717-244-1984
3)Back to School Blessing tomorrow (Sat. August 17) 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm at York Christian Church in York. 100 Backpacks will be given to families that can use a little extra help while they last. More info: 717-755-1893
2) Cavod Open House tomorrow (Sat. August 17) Noon-2PM.at their new location – 501C East Main Street, New Holland, PA More info:717-354-3355
1) The Community Haus Free Concert with Sammy Horner and the Sweet Sorrows, tonight (Friday,Aug 16) at Cafe One Eight, West Orange Street, Lancaster. More info: thecommunityhaus.com
August 9, 10 & 11, 2013
5)Tim Zimmerman & The King’s Brass will be in concert at Lancaster Alliance Church, Pitney Road, Lancaster – tomorrow (Saturday, August 10) at 7pm. The King’s Brass features trumpets, trombones, tuba, percussion and keyboards. Doors will open at 6:30pm. A freewill offering will be received. More info: lancastercma.org
4) Peach Festival at Cornwall U.M. Church in Lebanon tonight (Aug. 9th) 5:30-7:00 at the church. Music, Food, Entertainment, Worship Teams, Children’s Activities and more: 5:30-7:00. More Info: cornwallchurch.org
3) Lancaster Circuit Riders Open Session tonight (Aug 9)
at the Lancaster Convention Center beginning at 7pm. Circuit Riders prepares Believers to share the gospel, pray for healing, invest in others through discipleship, and live a worship lifestyle. More Info: ywamharrisburg.org/circuitriders or Lancaster Circuit Riders on Facebook
2) Steven Courtney & the Suitcase Musicians live in concert tomorrow (Saturday, Aug 10) at Tender Years Early CDC GRAND OPENING in Mechnicsburg, beginning at 11:30am. More info:stevencourtney.com
1) “Creatures of the Garden” Open House and Garden Tours at the Governor’s Residence 2035 North Front Street, Harrisburg, Sunday (Aug 11) from 1-4PM. Guests will enjoy live animal demonstrations by Zoo America educators throughout the day. The Ned Smith Center, Backyard Beekeepers Association and PA Game Commission will offer displays and educational demonstrations. At 2pm Jack Hubley will present a hands-on, educational presentation featuring live critters! The Penn State Extension Master Gardeners of Dauphin County will lead a do-it-yourself bird feeder activity for children. For more information, please contact the Office of the First Lady: 717-787-1965
Last Thursday (Aug 1st) Stacey Gagne, Intern Sandra and I packed the Cookie Car with Cookies, Hula Hoops,Ukuleles, KCB Pencils, magnets, and wristbands and headed to Aaron’s Acres Lancaster Location. Aaron’s Acres provides children and young adults with disabilities ages five through twenty-one, social and recreational programs to promote age-appropriate socialization and communication skills.
I sang 5 or 6 songs with the kids. It was awesome hearing them sing “My Mom’s a Pirate” and “42 Monkeys”. They danced and laughed and enjoyed the sound of the ukulele. Stacey and Intern Sandra played the “Face the Cookie” game and the “Hula Hoop” Game. “Face the Cookie” is the game where contestants try to get an oreo cookie from their forehead to their mouth without using their hands and without dropping it. The “Hula Hoop” game was to test who could Hula Hoop the longest. Both were big hits. The biggest hit of the day, however was the Cookie Car. Everyone wanted to sit in it and pretend they were driving. We shared cookies with everyone and passed out the KCB pencils, magnets and wristbands.
The highlight of the day for me was meeting David. David is a little 7 or 8 year old guy with Down Syndrome who was enjoying spinning his piece of yarn and uncooked pasta wheel necklace. He was covered in Oreo Cookies. I couldn’t help but notice the residue of his snack on his face and hands while I sat beside him and talked. He looked up at me with a glint in his eye, smiled and ran his cookie-crumb-filled hands through my beard. I don’t think he ever saw a beard like mine, or at least was never close enough to touch one. I spent the rest of the day getting cookie crumbs out of my beard, but I hope I never get the picture out of my mind of the smile on that little guys face. It was awesome! You can see more pics here.
You are invited to Kids Cookie Break Fest coming up Saturday, August 31, 2013 at the Junction Center! This year there will be two identical programs; Morning 10 to 2 and Evening 3 to 7 . Kids Cookie Break Fest is FREE!!!!! However, you do need a ticket! Free tickets will be available for download (while they last) beginning today (August 12th) at 9am. There will also be boxed lunches available for purchase to enjoy the day of the fest to help offset the cost of this free event.
We are asking everyone who attend Kids Cookie Break Fest to bring a canned food item to benefit Hempfield Area Food Pantry and the Manheim Food Bank.
There will be concerts by Slugs & Bugs, Steven Courtney & The Suitcase Musicians, Chip Richter, King’s Strings, and Phredd
PLUS there will be a petting zoo, inflatables by Big Bright Bounces, Firetrucks, Pedal Cars, tours of the WJTL facility, KCB games, prizes and more!
The $5 lunch can be ordered when you reserve your ticket. It includes a Chick-Fil-A Sandwich and Chocolate Chip Cookie, bag of Herr’s snacks, a bottled water from Turkey Hill, and a piece of fruit
Kids Cookie Break Fest 2013 is Presented by Turkey Hill Dairy’s All Natural Ice Cream and Sponsored in part by Chick-Fil-A, Herrs, Oregon Dairy, Four Seasons Produce, WJTL and Walk in Love.
We hope to see you there!
For the weekend of August 2, 3 & 4, 2013
5) CHRISTIAN MULTI CULTURAL FESTIVAL tomorrow (Saturday Aug. 3) from 11am-7pm,Lindle Road in Harrisburg. Gifts and games for the kids. Music and Ministry from Puerto Rico, Los Angeles California, Texas, York, Philadelphia and more. More Info: 787-344-0793
4) FREE Family Fun Day and Open House tomorrow (Saturday, August 3) from 9am-1pm at Small Wonders Academy in Lititz. Moon Bounce, Food, Face Painting, Games, Prizes and more!
3) I BIKE MJ a Mount Joy Bicycle Awareness Meet – tomorrow (Saturday, August 3) beginning at 11 AM. Bikers should meet in front of The Green Market Company in Mount Joy at 11AM and then enjoy the town at your leisure. This bicycle gathering is intended to promote bicycle awareness and encourage people to ride in downtown Mount Joy.
2) 3rd Annual Keystone Cruise at the Leola Ball Field – Adjacent to Leola Pool tomorrow (Sat Aug. 3) from 10AM-3PM. Antique, Classic, & Street Rod Cars, along with Trucks, Fire Apparatus & Motorcycles, a dunk tank, drawings, and more. More Info: 717-666-4386
1) Rock Da Reservoir is an annual community outreach concert at Reservoir Park in Lancaster, tomorrow (Sat Aug. 3) from 2-5PM. Multiple christian artists from surrounding cities coming together for worship in the park, free food, drinks, moon bounces, face painting, giveaways, and entertainment for the whole family. More Info: 717-435-3191