Once again this year you have the opportunity to let everyone know that WJTL is your FAVORITE! We would be honored if you would vote for WJTL as your favorite radio station in the Lancaster Newspapers and Lancasteronline “Readers Choice Awards”. You don’t even have to be from Lancaster!
Click on http://contests.lancasteronline.com/readers_choice/ if you would. After you give a little info about yourself, click on the miscellaneous tab and type in WJTL under favorite Radio Station. Let everyone know you LOVE WJTL.
You can read all the rules and how-to’s while you are there. One key thing is that you must vote in at least 10 categories. You have until Friday, June 15, 2012 to register your support of WJTL.
Awards are great, and it would be an honor to be recognized by Lancaster Newspapers and Lancaster Online. Last year WJTL was voted Favorite Radio Station and we were very pleased with the ministry opportunities those “open doors” created. Our hope is that, once again this year, being voted Favorite Radio Station would be a way to introduce WJTL to new listeners.
Thanks and happy voting!
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! June 8, 9 & 10, 2012
5) Lititz Area Mennonite School Auction today (June 8th) and tomorrow (Sat. June 9th). Kid’s Event, Junk Rock Band, Auction, Chicken BBQ and more. More info: lamsauction.info
4) 2012 Revolutionary War encampment at the Historic Rock Ford Plantation, Lancaster, tomorrow (Saturday, June 9) and Sunday (June 10) Revolutionary War period music, food, shops, fashion show, parade and reenactments. Lisa and KCB broadcasting live tomorrow morning. Kids 12 and under are free. More info: rockfordplantation.org
3) LCBC Church’s 13th Annual Motorsports Show & BBQ tomorrow (Saturday, June 9) at their Manheim Campus. The event is free to vehicle exhibitors and spectators; and features muscle cars, street rods, new & antique cars and motorcycles, scooters, trucks, and RC cars, airplanes and helicopters.
More info: www.LCBCChurch.com
2) Lancaster County Public Safety Training Center’s
Open House and Community Education Day -Sunday, June 10, Noon – 5pm at their facility on Champ Blvd, Manheim just off 283. Emergency apparatus and emergency equipment on display, local Fire, EMS, and Police on hand. Dunk Tank, The City Mounted Police Unit, Fire Safety Trailer, Demonstrations, Free Food and Refreshments. More info:www.lcpstc.org/
1) Witness Festival 2012 – Free Christian Music Festival tomorrow (Sat. June 9th) Noon til 10pm at Quarryville Memorial Park in Quarryville. Jeremy Camp, Speaker Tony Nolan, Britt Nicole, Big Daddy Weave, The City Harmonic, Jamie Grace and Reilly. WJTL broadcasting live and emceeing.More info: witnessfestival.com
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! June 1, 2 and 3, 2012
5) York Libraries Kick Off Event tomorrow (Sat. June 2nd) from 9am-2pm at the Sovereign Bank Stadium in York.
York County Libraries and The Healthy York County Coalition Offer a Theme-Based Program that promotes Reading and Physical Activity among children during the summer. Kids Cookie Break broadcasting live! More info: yorklibraries.org
4) Soccer Shots Free Soccer Clinic for ages 3 to 8, tomorrow (Saturday, June 2) beginning at 9am at Conestoga Valley High School. Food, games prizes. Donations benefit Global Goals. More Info: lancaster.soccershots.org
3) Ken’s Gardens 40TH Anniversary Event tomorrow (Saturday June 2) 8AM-5PM at both the Smoketown and Intercourse locations. Refreshments, Master Gardeners on hand with gardening advice, Jesse Rothaker and His Reptile Friends and more! More info: kensgardens.com
2) Sunday In The Park with LEFC at Lititz Springs Park, Sunday, (June 3rd) 11am – 5pm. Bounce Houses, Dunk Tanks, Volleyball Competitions and more. Former Harlem Globetrotter Seth Franco, Jesse Rothacker and Forgotten Friends Reptiles. More info lefc.net/sundayinthepark
1) “The Day” at New Holland Park tomorrow (Sat. June 2nd) from 10AM-10PM. Worship bands playing throughout the day, including Christopher Wright, SisterBrother, Brad & Rebekah, Brothers McClurg, and more. Acoustic cafe at 10 am. There will be food vendors and a kids zone, featuring bounce houses, face painting, and a concert by Jim Rule. The rain location is at Petra Christian Fellowship in New Holland. More info: thedayofworship.com
FRED MCNAUGHTON – Our very own Lisa Landis is featured in the latest edition of Fine Living Lancaster. What’s the point of the Kids Cookie Break? When did her love for radio begin? What role have her grandparents played in her faith? Find out in this revealing interview. Visit Fine Living Lancaster on Facebook or visit their website FineLivingLancaster.com
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! Memorial Day Weekend Friday May 25 thru Monday May 28.
5)Mount Joy Memorial Day Parade tomorrow (Sat. May 26th) beginning at 2PM. Look for the WJTL vehicles including the Kids Cookie Break Smart Car!
4) Jacobus Lions Ambulance 5th Annual EMS Open House tomorrow (Sat, May 26)10am- 2pm, S.Main Street
in Jacobus. TheOpen House features local EMS units, Fire equipment, Police vehicles, and aeromedical units including Life Lion from Hershey Medical Center.
3) Maytown School invites the community to join them for their closing celebrations thiss weekend. Tomorrow (Saturday, May 26th) through Monday (May 28th). Tours, Pig Roast, and fireworks on Saturday! A church service at 10 AM Sunday morning. Tours and exhibits Sunday afternoon, and an official closing at 2pm on Monday. More info: 717 426-2998
2) Strasburg First Presbyterian Church invites everyone to a free cook out on Memorial Day (Monday, May 28). Immediately following the Strasburg Memorial Day Parade. free hot dogs, chips, and soda. More info: 717- 687-6030.
1) 4th Annual Mount Joy Community Popcorn Festival today (Friday May 25th) 5pm-10pm and Saturday (May 26th) 4pm-10pm – Kunkle Field in Mount Joy. Food, live entertainment, inflatable rides, games, AND Popcorn contests such as a Popcorn Spitting Contest and a Popcorn Eating Contest. More info: mountjoypopcornfestival.com
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! May 18, 19 & 20
5) Elizabethtown’s Reading on the Square: tomorrow (Saturday May 19)from 10AM-1PM. Free books, reading time, programs, and the chance to win prizes from local businesses.
More info: www.etownpubliclibrary.org
4) Freedom Fun Fair – tomorrow (Sat. May 19th) from 10AM-2PM at Lebanon Valley Bible Church. Games, Pony Rides, Balloon Animals, A Petting Zoo, Cotton Candy, A Bounce House, Face Painting, Train Rides, Food, Fun for all ages and Much, Much More! Rain or Shine! (717) 867-4403. More info: lvbiblechurch.org
3) A night of music with Singer/Songwriter/Multi-Instrumentalist – Terry Bone tomorrow (Sat. May 19th) at 7PM at Hosanna A Fellowship of Christians in Lititz. A Choir, full band and special guests. A love offering will be taken. This is a goodbye concert, Terry is leaving to minister in Norway. More info: hosannalititz.org
2) 29th Annual Rhubarb Festival today (Fri, May 18) and tomorrow (Sat. May 19th) 9am – 6pm at Kitchen Kettle Village in Intercourse “Best Rhubarb Dessert In Lancaster County” baking contest • World’s Only Rhubarb Race Car Derby • Rhubarb Stroll (min parade) • Whoopie Pie Filling Contest • Musical entertainment, food demonstrations & samplings. More info: kitchenkettle.com
1) Sertoma Chicken BBQ at Long’s Park tomorrow (Saturday, May 19) Long’s Park LAncaster. KCB Broadcasting live 9am to noon, then a full day on the Weaver’s Garage Stage from noon til 5pm featuring Bruce Fite, Kimberliana, Chuck Gibson Band, DKers, WJTL Talent Challenge, and The Beggar Folk. More info at WJTL.com
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! May 11, 12 & 13
5) Alive And Amplified Youth Festival tomorrow (Saturday, May 12) at Redeemer Lutheran Church in Parkton, MD. 2pm-8pm. Music by Ashes Remain and other Local Christian Artists; a message by Erik Dressel, skits, testimonies and light refreshments. Admission is free.
More info: redeemerparkton.com
4) Alpaca Breeder’s Showcase tomorrow (Sat, May 12) and Sunday (May 13) 8:30am-7:30pm both days at the Toyota Center, York Fairgrounds. Over 300 alpacas from over 100 farms will compete for ribbons, prizes and contests, including an Alpaca Fashion Show and Alpaca to Shawl Auction. It’s FREE to the public . More info: paoba.org
3) Kraybill Mennonite School auction today (Friday May 11) 4:30-8pm and tomorrow (Saturday, May 12) 7am-4pm, Games, inflatables, Jesse & Forgotten Friends Reptiles, Food, Auction and more. Kraybill Campus, Kraybill Church Rd, Mount Joy. More info: kraybillauction.org
2) Friendship Community Fest and Auction today (Friday May 11) 4-8pm and tomorrow (Saturday, May 12) 7am-4pm, Oregon Pike, Lancaster. Tethered Hot Air Balloon rides, Bounce Castle, music, food and auction. More info: friendshipcommunity.net
1) SVPS Walk/Run for Life tomorrow (Sat. May 12th) at Calvary Church in Lancaster and South Hills Park in Lebanon, 9AM-Noon. Games, Inflatables, Music and WJTL and Kids Cookie Break Broadcasting live!!! More Info: SVPS.org
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! MAY 11, 12 & 13, 2012<P>
5. Alive And Amplified Youth Festival on Sat. May 12th at Redeemer Lutheran Church in Parkton, MD. 2-8PM. Music by Ashes Remain and other Local Christian Artists; a message by Erik Dressel, skits, testimonies and light refreshments. Admission is Free! http://www.redeemerparkton.com/<p>
4. Alpaca Breeder’s Showcase on Sat. May 12th and Sun. May 13th from 8:30AM-7:30PM both days at the Toyota Center, York Fairgrounds. Over 300 alpacas from over 100 farms will compete for ribbons, prizes and contests, including an Alpaca Fashion Show and Alpaca to Shawl Auction. Free to the public. http://paoba.org/<p>
3. Kraybill Mennonite School Auction Fri. May 11th from 4:30-8PM and Sat. May 12th from 7AM-4PM. Games, inflatables, Jesse & Forgotten Friends Reptiles, Food, Auction and more. Kraybill Campus: Kraybill Church Road in Mount Joy. http://kraybillauction.org/<p>
2. Friendship Community Fest and Auction Fri. May 11th from 4-8PM and Sat. May 12th from 7AM-4PM on Oregon Pike in Lancaster. Tethered Hot Air Balloon Rides, Bounce Castle, music, food and auction. http://www.friendshipcommunity.net/<p>
1. SVPS Walk/Run for Life on Sat. May 12th at Calvary Church in Lancaster and South Hills Park in Lebanon from 9AM-Noon. Lisa Landis and The Kids Cookie Break Broadcasting Live! Games, inflatables and music. http://svps.org/<p>
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! May 4, 5 and 6, 2012
5) 23rd-Annual Cherry Blossom Festival, Millersburg (Dauphin County) tomorrow (Sat, May 5) 9am – 3pm at Market Square & Union Street Gazebo. FREE Admission & Parking; Baby Parade; Pets; Food, crafts; Ferry Boat & Horse-drawn Carriage Rides. Large, Model RailRoad display.
More info: millersburgpa.org
4) Family Day on the Farm with the Freedom Hills Therapeutic Riding Program, Sunday (May 6) 1-5pm, at Rolling Hills Ranch, Port Deposit, MD. Music, food, games, crafts, animal attractions, pony rides, riding demonstrations and more! All proceeds go toward Freedom Hill’s therapeutic riders and horses. More info: freedomhills.org
3) 8th Annual The Great Pennsylvania Clean-up tomorrow (Sat, May 5) 9am to noon at Lancaster’s Stauffer Park on Lititz Pike. Help clean up and beautify Stauffer Park. Gloves, tools, drinks, and snacks will be provided by the Commissioners Office. More info: manheimtownship.org
2) Baby and Kids Expo presented by Memorial Hospital in York tomorrow (Sat. May 5th) from 9AM-4PM at the York Expo Center. Free Admission. Features two shows by Steven Courtney & The Suitcase Musicians, a diaper derby, science shows, vendor exhibits, Costumed Characters like Elmo, Dora and more. More info: mhyork.org
1) The Kids Cookie Break live tomorrow ( Sat. May 5th) from 9AM-Noon at The African Festival on the grounds of Lancaster County Christian School next to the Worship Center. African Music, Food, Games, Prizes, face painting and African story telling. More info at: www.rafikiafrica.org
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! April 27, 28 and 29
5) Manheim Christian Day School Family Fun Days tonight (Friday, April 27) and Tomorrow (April 28) on the grounds of the school, Lebanon Road, Manheim. Airplane Candy Drop, Barrel Train Rides, Bounce House, games, music, food and Auction. More info:manheimchristian.org
4)The Mennonite Children’s Choir of Lancaster will perform Sunday (April 29) 6 p.m. at Mount Joy Mennonite Church. The concert is free, but an offering will be received. The 110-voice choir involves singers in grades 2-12. For more information mennonitechildrenschoir.org
3) Healthy Kids Day, tomorrow (Sat, Apr 28)1:30-3:30pm at the Lampeter-Strasburg YMCA, Village Road, Lancaster. Free community event for children. Interactive activities such as camp crafts, mini-sports camps, healthy eating demos, kids Zumba, story time and canoe and kayak demonstrations. Meet NFL Super Bowl champion and former Pittsburgh Steeler, Dan Kreider. More info lancasterymca.org
2) Lancaster City-Wide Clean Up with Water Street’s Teen Haven tomorrow (Saturday, April 28) 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Volunteers will meet at Teen Haven’s Lancaster City Center, 205 South Queen Street, Lancaster. Event will end at the Mix at Arbor Place, 520 North Street, Lancaster. All are invited to take part in A City-Wide Clean Up covering large portions of the Southeast and Southwest quadrants of Lancaster City. More Info: waterstreetministries.org
1) Kids Cookie Break Earth Day event at Sahd Salvage Center in Columbia tomorrow (Sat. April 28th from) 9AM-Noon. FREE celebration of recycling! Games, Prizes, KCB Cookie Car, Shredding, Rita’s Italian Ice and A Bake Sale to benefit the Columbia Food Bank and much more–fun for the entire family! Benefits the ministry of WJTL . More info:recycleyourmetal.com