FRED MCNAUGHTON – FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! October 5, 6 & 7, 2012
5) The 27th annual Apple Festival tomorrow (Saturday Oct. 06,) 9am-3pm rain or shine, Boehm’s United Methodist Church, Willow Street. Copper kettles of homemade apple butter, Apple dumplings, baked goods, homemade vanilla and apple ice cream, apple bread, and more apple celebrations!
4) Hinkletown Mennonite School Benefit Auction, today and tomorrow (Friday, Oct 5 & Saturday, Oct 6) at the school, Wanner Road, Ephrata Children’s activities include crafts, bounce house & hay tunnel. For more info: hmsk8.org
3) First Annual Car & Motorcycle Show at In The Light Ministries, Shippen St., Lancaster, tomorrow, (Sat. Oct. 6th) from 11am-2pm. Featuring Hector from The Fast and The Furious. Musical performances by Chozen, G.O.D.SENT, Chris White, and more. More Info: 717-209-0097
2) LBC Homecoming and Open House tomorrow (Saturday, October 6) beginning at 9am, Kids Play area, 5k run, LBC Alumni Baseball and Soccer, Tours of the School, and Kids Cookie Break Broadcasting Live. More info: lbc.edu
1)Water Street Ministries Family Day, tomorrow (Saturday, October 6) from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the ministry’s Prince Street campus: 210 South Prince Street, Lancaster. Music by Phredd at 10am, Matt Wheeler and the Vintage Heart at 11:45 and Saint Elouise at 1:30pm. A seminar Led by Steve Brubaker, based on the book, Invisible Neighbors will also take place, participants receive a free copy of the book. Tours and food will be offered throughout the day also. More info: Waterstreetministries.org
FRED MCNAUGHTON – FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! September 28, 29 & 30, 2012
5) Free Museum Day – tomorrow, (Saturday, Sept 29) in culmination of September being Museum month, many Museums throughout Pennsylvania and the US are offering free admission tomorrow. Check with your favorite museum to see if they are participating and celebrate or visit smithsonianmag.com/museumday/venues/
4) Christian Rap and Hip Hop group “4 Trinity” will perform at Miller Chapel on the Lebanon Valley College campus tomorrow (Saturday, September 29 ) at 7pm. The concert will feature praise and worship hip hop and rap in English and Spanish and serve as part of LVC’s Hispanic Heritage Month at the College. More Info: 717-867-6135
3) World Help’s Children of the World International Children’s Choir Rescue Tour Concert tomorrow (Saturday, Sept 29) 7pm at the Worship Center in Lancaster and also on Sunday (September 30) 6pm at Gateway Church’s Parkesburg Campus. The choir is made up of children from many different countries and will include sining, dancing, spoken word and multimedia. More info at worldhelp.net/cotw
2) Mount Calvary Christian School’s 20th Annual Benefit Auction and Barbecue tonight (Friday Sept 29) and tomorrow (Saturday Sept 30) at the school in Elizabethtown. Auction, food, games, Kids Tent and concerts by Phredd Saturday at 10am and 1pm. More info: mccsauction.net
1)Manheim’s 250th Anniversary Founder’s Day Celebration. tomorrow and Sunday (Sept 29 & 30) including a musical fireworks spectacular tomorrow night 9pm after the soccer game at the football stadium at Manheim Central High School. Jeremiah Coyne and Emazing Grace Musicfest earlier in the day from 5-8:30pm. Many other family friendly activities at the Farm Show Building and Memorial Park. More info: manheim250.org
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! September 21, 22 and 23, 2012
5) The movie Monumental starring Kirk Cameron will be showing Saturday & Sunday (September 22 & 23) at 7pm at Life streams Productions in Ronks. No reservations needed, freewill offering will be taken. Doors open at 6pm. More info: (717) 687-4263
4) Third Friday in Strasburg on tonight (Fri. Sept. 21st) from 7-9 at Center Square An evening of food, shops and live music More info: strasburg.com
3) The ABC Construction Rodeo, Sunday, (September 23rd) from 1 to 5pm at ABC Keystone, 135 Shellyland Road, Manheim. Loads of construction-related activities and competitions, Heavy equipment, Games, food, clowns and more. FREE admission! Benefits Make-A-Wish, and the Merit Shop Scholarship Fund. Rain or Shine. More info: abckeystone.org/
2) 11th Annual Neffsville Car Show, tomorrow (Saturday, Sep 22) 9am – 4pm at Manheim Township Community Park in Neffsville. Over 400 Classic cars and Street Rods, Live music,prizes and food. This is a rain or shine event!
More info: (717) 669-0952
1)Balloon and Fallfest on Fri. Sept. 21st and Sat. Sept. 22nd at Houston Run in Gap. Brought to you by The Family Center of Gap. Fri. 3-8:30PM and Sat. 6AM-9PM. Balloon rides, yard sale, crafts, vendors, games, and more. 717-442-4071
FRED MCAUGHTON – Lisa is in Kenya with Rafiki Africa . Rafiki Africa has a school on their campus in Alendu, Kenya. Most of our students at LightHouse Academy are orphans and come from families where there is no access to education. The families make less than $1.00 per day. At LightHouse the students receive Christian education, 2 meals a day, after school and holiday programs and all school supplies. You have the opportunity to support some of the students on a monthly basis. We’ve included photos of Merab and Samantha. Check out more of Lisa’s photos at the WJTL facebook page and listen to her past reports at our WJTLCasts page. And of course, stay tuned as Lisa continues to bring us live reports.
Fred McNaughton – FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! September 14, 15 & 16, 2012
5) The Denver Fair, today and tomorrow (Fri and Sat, Sept 14 and 15) – Rides, Food, Exhibits, Animals, Petting Zoo, Pet Show, Jello Eating Contest, Fireworks and more. More info thedenverfair.com
4) Brittney’s Hope Walk of Love, 5k run and fun walk, tomorrow (Saturday, Sept 15) 9am Ironstone Ranch, Elizabethtown. Benefits orphan care and adoption expenses. Face Painting, Pony Rides and more.More info: Walkoflove.com
3) Free Family Night In The Park tomorrow (Sat. Sept. 15th) from 4-7pm at Elizabethtownship Community Park featuring ventriloquist Sandy Andy, KCB Fest favorites This Way Up, and Jim Rule. There will also be a bounce house, crafts, games, face painting, balloon twisting and free FOOD! Sponsored by River of Life, New Beginings and Brickerville Grace Church. More info: 717-665-7195
2) Gravel Hill’s Community Day 2012, tomorrow (Saturday, September 15) events all afternoon and evening, fun, fellowship, live music including REMEDY DRIVE AT Gravel Hill United Methodist Church in Palmyra. EVERYTHING is free! MORE INFO: (717) 838-4721
1)Paradise Township 300th anniversary parade/celebration. tomorrow (Sat. Sept. 15th) beginning at 10am. The parade will form at McIlvane Rd, then west on route 30 to Londvale Road. After the parade at Paradise Park, there will be Music, food, games, crafts, re-enactors, Native American Heritage, tractors, calliope steam engine, farmers market, 300th anniversary memorabilia and more. The day ends with a car raffle and auctions of memorabilia. More info: 717-768-8222
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! September 7, 8 and9, 2012
5) Ichthus Coffeehouse featuring the music of Matt Wheeler tomorrow (Saturday, Sept 8) 7pm, Icthus Coffeehouse is located on Witmer Rd in York. More info: 717-741-0679
4) COBYS Bike and Hike Sunday (Sept. 9th) beginning at 1:30PM at Lititz Church of the Brethren in Lititz. The event includes a 3 mile walk, 10 and 25 mile bike rides and a 65 mile motorcycle ride. WJTL will be broadcasting live from 3-5PM. More info: cobys.org
3) Crossway Church in Millersville is holding a free Open House as part of their Grand Opening Weekend tomorrow (Saturday September 8) from 4pm to 8pm. There will be free food, cotton candy, snow cones and popcorn. Also, carnival games, hayride, live music and tours of the new facility. More info: crosswaypa.org
2) 12th Annual Cruisin’ the Colors of the Harvest at Lloyd H. Fuhrman Memorial Park in Maytown tomorrow (Sat. Sept. 8) 2:30-6PM. A free family car, truck, cycle & antique tractor show. Kids activities, Bounce House, barrel train ride, and more. Cash donations will be accepted to benefit the Maytown Fire Company and non-perishable food items will be taken to benefit the East Donegal area Food Bank.
1) Landis Homes Fellowship Day and Auction, tomorrow (Saturday, Sept 8) 7am-3pm, 1001 East Oregon Rd
Lititz, Auction, Food, KCB’s Lisa Landis Live with Grandma Landis and her Harmonica! More info: landishomes.org
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! August 31, Sept 1, 2 and 3, 2012
5) Garden Tractor Pulls tomorrow (Sat Sep 1) at Newberrytown Peddlers Market, Dover, PA from 10am – 2pm
More info: 717-932-4264
4)Christian Recording Artist, Derek Sandstrom in concert Sunday (Sept. 2nd) at 7:30pm at the Mt.Olivet Campmeeting. A free-will offering will be received. More info: 717-503-8520
3) The 28th Annual Labor Day Auction to Benefit Hospice of Lancaster County at the Lampeter Fairgrounds today, tomorrow (Saturday, Sept 1) and Sunday (Sept 2) More info:717 295-3900
2) 25th Annual Heart of Lancaster Arts and Craft Showtomorrow (Saturday, Sept 1) and Sunday (Sept 2) from 10am to 4pm both days rain or shine, at Root’s Market, Manheim. 200 Select Artists and Craftsmen from Pennsylvania and nearby states will display their work. Live entertainment by the Susquehanna Pipes and Drums and a Jazz group, Over Easy. More info: heartoflancasterartsandcraftshow.com
1) High School Football kicks off this weekend, take in a game, enjoy the band, some are free, some a nominal charge. Tonight Warwick takes on Manheim Central, Hempfield visits Lampeter Strasburg, E-town plays Donegal, Central Dauphin tackles Manheim Township and Dallastown visits Lancaster Catholic. Lots more games on schedule! One place that you can get more info - Lancasteronline.com has a blog called TheHuddle with lots of info.
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! Aug 24, 25 & 26, 2012
5) FREE COFFEE HOUSE at Enola First Church of God tonight (Fri. Aug. 24) at 7pm Featuring “Randy Simpson”. Refreshments will be served. A freewill offering will be received. More info: enolacog.com
4)Garden Spot Village in New Holland is showing the movie “Dolphin Tale” tonight (Fri Aug 24) beginning at dusk. The movie,based on a true story will be shown on the 40-foot-high Turkey Hill screen. Tune in to the soundtrack on your car radio or listen to the outdoor sound system. More info: 717-355-6000
3) A Community Family Fun day tomorrow (Sat. Aug. 25th) at Christ United Methodist Church in Yorkana. fun, food, fellowship and activities. More info: 717-755-3998
2) 46th Annual Lititz Springs Park Antique Show tomorrow (Sat. Aug. 25th) 9am-4pm Outdoor antique and collectibles show. No admission fee. More info: 717-626-4573
1) Zion Lutheran Church Peach Festival in Kutztown tomorrow (Sat. Aug. 25th) from 4-9pm. Homemade food, games, and music. The festival helps support a variety of charities, including Habitat for Humanity, Care Net, and the Potato Project, More info: 610-683-6853
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! Aug 17, 18 and 19, 2012
5) Peach Festival at Cedar Grove Presbyterian Church in East Earl tomorrow (Sat. Aug. 18) from 7:30AM-1PM. Book and bake sale, white elephant, crafts and silent auction, Breakfast and lunch available. More info: 717-354-5573.
4)Touch a Truck – an interactive hands-on experience children to see, touch, and explore a variety of working trucks and vehicles seen in everyday life, up close and personal. Colonial Park Community Baptist Church in Harrisburg tomorrow (Sat. Aug. 18) from 9AM-Noon. Vehicles will include a police car, fire truck, tow truck, garbage truck, and more.
More info: 717-545-3261
3) Winterstown United Methodist Church in Felton is having a Community Back to School Family Fun Day Saturday (August 18) from 10am – 2pm. Emergency vehicles, games, inflatable rides, food and schools supplies for children in daycare and grades K thru 6th grade. More Info: 717-244-1984.
2) Free Family Concert featuring Steven Courtney tomorrow (Saturday August 18) 11am at the Adams-Ricci Park in East Pennsboro. Door prizes, fun activities for kids, and free stuff! More info: 717-683-7275
1) The Movie “October baby” will be showing tomorrow and Sunday (August 18 & 19) at 7pm at Life Streams Productions in Ronks. A freewill offering will be recieved, no reservations needed, More Information: (717) 687-4263
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! August 3, 4 and 5, 2012
5) Community Fun Day at Immanuel Church in Mechanicsburg tomorrow (Sat. Aug. 4th) from 10am-2pm. Classic Cars, Pony Rides, Petting Zoo, Bounce House, Slide, Games, Kids Crafts, Games, and more!!! More info: 717-766-4633
4) Dunkard Valley Live – Christian Music Festival for all ages tomorrow and Sunday (Aug. 4th & 5th) at Codorus Church of the Brethren Ballfield, Dallastown. Craft Tables. Kids Tent. Prayer Tent. Various Bands & Speakers.
More info: dunkardvalleylive.com
3)Cavod Academy’s Open House tomorrow (Sat. Aug. 4th) from 11am-3pm, East Main St. New Holland. Bounce House, Face Painting, Food, WJTL Broadcasting live noon to 2pm. More info: cavodacademy.com
2) Missions Fest Lancaster and Smoketown Aviation Fair at Smoketown Airport today thru Sunday (Aug 3-5) Special Speakers, Exhibits, Flight Demonstrations, Kids area. More info: missionsfestlancaster.org
1) Teen Haven In the City – tomorrow (Saturday, Aug 4) 9am-5pm at Water Street Ministries, Queen Street, Lancaster. Chances to win and request songs. Moonbounce, Firetrucks, Contests, Facepainting, KCB Broadcasting Live, Lisa will play Olympic themed games, Richie Righteous & PHREDD Concert. More Info: kidscookiebreak.com