Tune in to the Afternoon Drive with Kristi Leigh all week (Monday – Friday, 2-6 PM) for your chance to call in and win a $10 gift card to Naturally Grounded in Stevens! We’ll give one away daily! Naturally Grounded is a new family-owned and operated coffee shop and “neighborhood joint”. It’s rooted in the community in Stevens and is a great place to catch up with a friend, do some work, hang out or just relax! In addition to coffee and hot/cold drinks, Naturally Grounded offers soups, sandwiches and desserts! They also have live musicians and open mic nights Live In The Cafe! Get all the details, hours and info–plus The Naturally Grounded Story–here!
JOHN SHIRK – From Ephesians 5:19.
“Speak to one another with psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
Over the centuries, God has used music as an instrumental tool for worship and ministry. Songs with Christian lyrics have been known to be a source of comfort in troubled times, a source of spiritual growth for the heart that is searching for God, and a source of wisdom to teach us what it means to follow Jesus.
Music is a language to express our love for God and to praise Him for His goodness and greatness. Music is also a means to speak to each other about God’s saving grace through the testimony of Jesus Christ.
We can share His story through a variety of Christian songs today.
The use of psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs for worship and ministry is a vital sign of a changed life in the Year of Transformation.
FRED MCNAUGHTON – The Kids Cookie Break 4 cd features new and familiar songs from Cookie Break favorites such as Slugs & Bugs, The Donut Man, Steven Courtney, Kelly Good, The Beggar Folk, Kimberliana, Bigsby, Chip Richter, The Wonders, Jim Rule, Bruce Fite, Jesse Rothacker of Forgotten Friend Reptiles, Phredd, This Way Up, Juliana Schnee, Emazing Grace and Gretchen & Heidi. Songs of Faith, Fun and Family brought to you by The Kids Cookie Break & WJTL.
Cookie Breakers will recognize songs like Slugs & Bugs’ “Under Where?”, Jim Rule’s “Because I Said So!” and Bigsby’s “God Made Monkey”. Look for new songs from Cookie break regulars and new artists such as The Donut Man, Phredd, The Beggar Folk, Kimberliana, Steven Courtney and many others. The Kids Cookie Break 4 cd features 17 songs in all and is available at WJTL live events and online at the WJTL Store. Get yours today!
Kids Cookie Break 4 includes…
1 Super Green Turtle Machine – Jesse Rothacker of Forgotten Friend Reptiles (with Steven Courtney and Phredd)
2 Under Where? – Slugs & Bugs
3 Rock and Roll – Kelly Good
4 My Potatoes – Steven Courtney
5 Before the Beginning – The Donut Man
6 Wild Wheat and Daffodils – The Beggar Folk
7 Why Did the Chicken Cross the Road Last Night? – Phredd (with Matt Goss and Steven Courtney)
8 Cereal King – Kimberliana
9 God Made Monkey – Bigsby
10 How Many People – The Wonders
11 Because I Said So – Jim Rule
12 Swing Low Sweet Chariot – This Way Up
13 Love HIM – Bruce Fite
14 Expectations – Juliana Schnee
15 Ridin’ My Bike – Chip Richter
16 Dear Old Dixie – Emazing Grace
17 Get Happy – Gretchen & Heidi
The first 3 Kids Cookie Break cds sold out and are no longer available.
FRED MCNAUGHTON – FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! August 5, 6 & 7, 2011
5) Immanuel’s 6th Annual Bigger & Better COMMUNITY FUN DAY. GAMES: Slide, Pony Rides, Down Pour Derby,Tricycle Races, Duck Pond, Fishing, Pit Stop, Bounce House… ARTS & CRAFTS:Face Painting, Sand Art, ANTIQUE CARS…AND MORE! SATURDAY, AUGUST 6 10am-2pm IMMANUEL CHURCH 800 S. Market Street Mechanicsburg. www.immanuelcma.org
4) First Friday, tonite 5:00p to 9:00p in Downtown Lancaster, Art exhibitions, live music, theatrical performances, artist receptions, and fun surprises, too. More info at www.lancasterarts.com
3) Steven Courtney & the Suitcase Musicians will perform a free children’s concert at 11 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 6 at Menchey Music Service in Hanover as part of the store’s 75th anniversary celebration. The event runs from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., and includes games, instrument demonstrations and more. For details, visit mencheymusic.com.
2) The Son Community Day will be on Saturday, August 6 from 10-2 at Ephrata United Zion Church, 408 E Fulton St, Ephrata. Puppet Show at 11:00am and the Candy Drop at 12:30pm. Other free activities include: face painting, spin art, barrel train rides, moon bounce, and balloons. More info at www.ephratauz.org
1) The Chabod Academy Open House runs 10-2pm Saturday. KCB live 9-noon with chances to win prizes, free KCB gear, cookies, requests and a chance to talk on the radio! Meet the academy teachers, tour the academy, sample classes, door prizes and more!!! More Info: chabodacademy.com
ASHLEA BRENEMAN – Hopefully by now you’ve seen the incredible video the David Crowder Band made for their song, “SMS Shine.” If not, check it out here! But now you can watch the behind-the-scenes! Enjoy these videos and make sure to listen in during the Get Up And Go show tomorrow morning at 8:20AM as Lisa interviews David!
ASHLEA BRENEMAN – You’ll be hearing Skillet’s new song “Forgiven” a lot more on WJTL, so I thought it’d be great to show you a video of John Cooper (lead singer) telling you the story behind the song. “Forgiven” can be found on Skillet’s latest album Awake.