FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! January 27, 28 and 29, 2012
5) 10th Annual Chambersburg Ice Fest tonite, tomorrow and Sunday (Jan 27-29) Pennsylvania’s largest ice festival – sculptures, scavenger hunts, slides, fireworks and much more. More info at icefestpa.com
4) St. David’s Church in Dover will be hosting a free event to watch the film”Courageous”, Sunday, (January 29) at 6:00 pm. The church is located behind the Pizza Hut on Oakland Rd. on Rte. 74N. More info call 717-764-0033
3) A free coffee house and hymn sing will take place at Enola Church of God, Sherwood Drive, Enola tonight (January 27) from 7-8:30pm. For more info: www.enolacog.com
2) Free Denison Witmer Concert with special guest Matt Wheeler tomorrow (Sat. Jan. 28) at 7PM in the Community Room on Prince in Lancaster. More info: www.iheartlancity.com
1) Come watch the Cardboard Derby at Ski Roundtop!!!Sunday (Jan. 29) Check-in for participants is at 12:30 pm – Judging at 2:30 pm and the Cardboard Derby Race: 4pm. More info at skiroundtop.com
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! Jan 20, 21 & 22
5) “Courageous” is being shown at ”Y” at the Well, 21 E. Simpson St in Mechanicsburg tonight (January 20) at 7:30pm. Free Admission & Free Popcorn!
4) Tomorrow (Saturday Jan 21) 7pm Garden Spot Village Chapel. an evening of reverent jazz performed by the Four Piece Quartet as part of the 2011-2012 Garden Spot Village Saturday Evening Concert Series. Free and open to the public. Donations to the Garden Spot Village Benevolent Fund accepted during the performance, which helps support residents who need financial assistance, are welcome.
3) The Poet’s Loft – tonight (Friday, Jan 20) 7-9p share poetry, listen to others works, and enjoy food and coffee. A “headlining” poet & a musician or two, as well as an open mic portion of the night. Community Room on Prince, Lancaster. More info: veritaspa.org
2) Family Fun Night tonight (Friday Jan 20) 7pm, Bainbridge Elementary School featuring a concert by Steven Courtney and the Suitcase Musicians. More info stevencourtney.com
1) ZooAmerica is holding their free community weekend Saturday and Sunday (January 21 & 22) from 10am until 4:30pm both days. Admission is free to all guests. Ranger Scratch, the Zoo’s mascot will also be making a special appearance on both days. More info www.zooamerica.com
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! January 13, 14 and 15, 2012
5) Christian Rock Band Kingsfield in concert tomorrow (Saturday, January 14) at the Iona U.M. Church in Lebanon, 6:30PM. Local worship band Outspoken will open the concert. Admission is free. An offering will be taken for the band’s expenses. 717-273-2958
4) Get your friends together and build your cardboard vessel for next week’s Cardboard Derby! skiroundtop.com
3) Authentic Ethiopian Meal tomorrow and Sunday (January 14, 15) at MCC, Akron, from 12 PM to 2:30 PM. Food, authentic music, and fellowship. The event is a fundraiser, donations will be accepted. Call call 717-859-4428 to reserve a spot.
2) The Children’s Choir of Lancaster will perform at St. Matthew Lutheran Church, 700 Pleasure Rd., on Sunday, January 15, at 4 o’clock., the Prelude Choir (grades 3-6) and The Lyric Choir (grades 7-12) will sing a variety of music, from folksongs to classical selections to spirituals. Open to the public and free.Refreshments and meet the performers at a reception following the event. more information, call (717) 569-0588.
1) KCB PA Farm Show Special tomorrow (Sat. Jan. 14th) from 9AM-Noon. The PA Farm Show is the highlight with a visit from Dairy Princess alternate Janae Herr plus your favorite KCB Music. kidscookiebreak.com
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! JAN 6, 7, 8, 2012
5) No Borders Praise band will be playing for the first time! Tomorrow (Saturday, January 7, 2012) 6:30pm until 9:00pm, at Pequea Presbyterian Church, 273 Cambridge Rd, Gap. Food, fellowship and a time to worship. FREE
4) Local Jazz band Temple Avenue in concert tonite (Jan 6, 2012) 8:00pm. The concert is happening at First Presbyterian on Orange St. in Lancaster. Temple Avenue is a jazz quartet made up of former local high school musicians who made the All-State Jazz Ensemble last spring as high-school seniors who now are freshmen at Temple University.
3) The sixth annual Arctic Air Games disc-dog (frisbee dog) competition will be held tomorrow (January 7, 2012) starting at 9:00 AM. Games will include: Toss-Fetch, Freestyle, Time Trial, Dartboard, and Progressive Relay. Free admission for spectators. Event location: Bella Vista Training Center 730 Mt. Airy Road Lewisberry, More info at arcticairgames.com
2) Lancaster YMCA Open House tomorrow (Sat, Jan 7, 2012) 9am – 4pm at the YMCA City and Lampeter-Strasburg YMCA Branches. Free health screenings, talk with health experts from LG Health and Orthopedic Associates, pick up coupons for fitness apparel and try a heathly pita sample from the Pita Pit. More info at lancasterymca.org
1) Lancaster First Friday tonite (Jan 6, 2012) 5-9pm – Downtown Lancaster – featuring art exhibitions, musical performances and 60+ venues. As part of first Friday Steven Courtney will be in concert 6:00p at the Ware Center, Millersville University, Prince Street. More info at www.lancasterarts.com.
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! December 16, 17 and 18
5) Lancaster Mennonite High School Christmas Concert tomorrow (Sat. Dec. 17th) at 4PM in the LMHS Fine Arts Center. The concert is free but an offering will be taken.
4) Live Nativity tomorrow (Sat. Dec. 17th) & Sunday Dec. 18th at Willow Street Mennonite Church in Willow Street from 5:30-8:30PM with presentations every 1/2 hour. More info – 717-464-2422
3) First Presbyterian Church of Strasburg is hosting a Christmas Open House tomorrow (Saturday, December 17) from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the church and will feature music, food, crafts, and stories for the entire family. More Info.
2) Journey With Jesus tomorrow (Sat. Dec. 17th) from 6-8PM at Ed’s Landscaping, 2 miles West of the Square in Elizabethtown. Scenes of Jesus Life portrayed by live actors and animals.
1) Celebration of the Father’s Love Birthday Event with Nicole C. Mullen in concert to celebrate Molly Hess’s 18th Birthday at Elizabethtown College on Sunday Dec. 18th. Free Admission. Offering will be taken for local ministries: Love Inc., Churches That Care, LifeGate Play Center & Cornerstone Youth Ministries.
FRED MCNAUGHTON – It’s been a little while since we’ve had an update from our friend Bob Lenz on how things are going in Alaska. They’ve been in a more remote location and haven’t had access to wifi. Here’s a video to help you catch up, and you can read the blog from Bob’s Intern Brian.
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! December 9, 10 & 11.
5) Hayride to Bethlehem at Middlesex United Methodist Church tomorrow (Sat. Dec. 10th) from 5-9PM. Take a hayride through several live interactive nativity scenes. More Info
4) Messiah College Guitar Ensemble and guest performers from Mechanicsburg Middle School Guitar Ensemble present their December concert tomorrow (Sat. Dec. 10th) at 3:30PM in Hostetter Chapel at Messiah College. The concert is free and open to the public.
3) “Road To Bethlehem” drive thru nativity tomorrow (Sat. Dec. 10th) from 5-9PM at Susquehanna Grace Church in Wrightsville. Also, New Life For Girls will be presenting a program inside at 6PM. More info.
2) Mount Joy Food Bank Benefit Concert – Tonight (Friday, December 9) at 6:30 pm at St. Mark’s UMC in Mount Joy.
Juggler – Chris Ivey and music from Within The Realm and Bobby Wehner Band. Free admission with donations being accepted to benefit the Mount Joy Food Bank.
1) Journey with Jesus tomorrow (Saturday, December 10) 6-8pm at Ed’s Landscaping, route 230, 2 miles West of Elizabethtown. Live animals and live actors re-enact the Life of Jesus in realistic sets. Proceeds benefit WJTL.
FRED MCNAUGHTON – A fund has been set up for the Martin family through their church, Life Center Ministries. 16-year old Twin brothers Kyle & Jordan Martin and their 9-year-old sister Joelyn Martin were killed in a crash Tuesday on Route 72 near Mount Hope Road. Checks should be made payable to Life Center Ministries. Write “blessing fund” in the memo line. Donations can be mailed to Life Center Ministries, 411 South 40th Street, Harrisburg, Pa. 17111. The Martins are from the Manheim area, have seven siblings, were home-schooled and have attended WJTL events. Please keep the family and friends of the family in your prayers.
FRED MCNAUGHTON – Several years ago, Bob Lenz came to Lancaster to minister to the staff of WJTL and Creative Ministries at a staff retreat. Bob shared his heart for Alaska. He talked about the widespread drug and alcohol abuse, homelessness, depression, and difficulties facing many Alaskans. He also shared how the message of the Gospel was transforming those who heard and responded. We knew then that we wanted to support Bob and be part of what God is doing in Alaska. Catch up with this video of Bob and find out how the Holy Spirit is moving in Alaska.
FRED MCNAUGHTON – WJTL is teaming with Bob Lenz to reach Alaska with the Gospel. Bob give us an update on how things are going, and thanks the WJTL listeners for their support.