FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! May 11, 12 & 13
5) Alive And Amplified Youth Festival tomorrow (Saturday, May 12) at Redeemer Lutheran Church in Parkton, MD. 2pm-8pm. Music by Ashes Remain and other Local Christian Artists; a message by Erik Dressel, skits, testimonies and light refreshments. Admission is free.
More info: redeemerparkton.com
4) Alpaca Breeder’s Showcase tomorrow (Sat, May 12) and Sunday (May 13) 8:30am-7:30pm both days at the Toyota Center, York Fairgrounds. Over 300 alpacas from over 100 farms will compete for ribbons, prizes and contests, including an Alpaca Fashion Show and Alpaca to Shawl Auction. It’s FREE to the public . More info: paoba.org
3) Kraybill Mennonite School auction today (Friday May 11) 4:30-8pm and tomorrow (Saturday, May 12) 7am-4pm, Games, inflatables, Jesse & Forgotten Friends Reptiles, Food, Auction and more. Kraybill Campus, Kraybill Church Rd, Mount Joy. More info: kraybillauction.org
2) Friendship Community Fest and Auction today (Friday May 11) 4-8pm and tomorrow (Saturday, May 12) 7am-4pm, Oregon Pike, Lancaster. Tethered Hot Air Balloon rides, Bounce Castle, music, food and auction. More info: friendshipcommunity.net
1) SVPS Walk/Run for Life tomorrow (Sat. May 12th) at Calvary Church in Lancaster and South Hills Park in Lebanon, 9AM-Noon. Games, Inflatables, Music and WJTL and Kids Cookie Break Broadcasting live!!! More Info: SVPS.org
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! MAY 11, 12 & 13, 2012<P>
5. Alive And Amplified Youth Festival on Sat. May 12th at Redeemer Lutheran Church in Parkton, MD. 2-8PM. Music by Ashes Remain and other Local Christian Artists; a message by Erik Dressel, skits, testimonies and light refreshments. Admission is Free! http://www.redeemerparkton.com/<p>
4. Alpaca Breeder’s Showcase on Sat. May 12th and Sun. May 13th from 8:30AM-7:30PM both days at the Toyota Center, York Fairgrounds. Over 300 alpacas from over 100 farms will compete for ribbons, prizes and contests, including an Alpaca Fashion Show and Alpaca to Shawl Auction. Free to the public. http://paoba.org/<p>
3. Kraybill Mennonite School Auction Fri. May 11th from 4:30-8PM and Sat. May 12th from 7AM-4PM. Games, inflatables, Jesse & Forgotten Friends Reptiles, Food, Auction and more. Kraybill Campus: Kraybill Church Road in Mount Joy. http://kraybillauction.org/<p>
2. Friendship Community Fest and Auction Fri. May 11th from 4-8PM and Sat. May 12th from 7AM-4PM on Oregon Pike in Lancaster. Tethered Hot Air Balloon Rides, Bounce Castle, music, food and auction. http://www.friendshipcommunity.net/<p>
1. SVPS Walk/Run for Life on Sat. May 12th at Calvary Church in Lancaster and South Hills Park in Lebanon from 9AM-Noon. Lisa Landis and The Kids Cookie Break Broadcasting Live! Games, inflatables and music. http://svps.org/<p>
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! May 4, 5 and 6, 2012
5) 23rd-Annual Cherry Blossom Festival, Millersburg (Dauphin County) tomorrow (Sat, May 5) 9am – 3pm at Market Square & Union Street Gazebo. FREE Admission & Parking; Baby Parade; Pets; Food, crafts; Ferry Boat & Horse-drawn Carriage Rides. Large, Model RailRoad display.
More info: millersburgpa.org
4) Family Day on the Farm with the Freedom Hills Therapeutic Riding Program, Sunday (May 6) 1-5pm, at Rolling Hills Ranch, Port Deposit, MD. Music, food, games, crafts, animal attractions, pony rides, riding demonstrations and more! All proceeds go toward Freedom Hill’s therapeutic riders and horses. More info: freedomhills.org
3) 8th Annual The Great Pennsylvania Clean-up tomorrow (Sat, May 5) 9am to noon at Lancaster’s Stauffer Park on Lititz Pike. Help clean up and beautify Stauffer Park. Gloves, tools, drinks, and snacks will be provided by the Commissioners Office. More info: manheimtownship.org
2) Baby and Kids Expo presented by Memorial Hospital in York tomorrow (Sat. May 5th) from 9AM-4PM at the York Expo Center. Free Admission. Features two shows by Steven Courtney & The Suitcase Musicians, a diaper derby, science shows, vendor exhibits, Costumed Characters like Elmo, Dora and more. More info: mhyork.org
1) The Kids Cookie Break live tomorrow ( Sat. May 5th) from 9AM-Noon at The African Festival on the grounds of Lancaster County Christian School next to the Worship Center. African Music, Food, Games, Prizes, face painting and African story telling. More info at: www.rafikiafrica.org
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! April 27, 28 and 29
5) Manheim Christian Day School Family Fun Days tonight (Friday, April 27) and Tomorrow (April 28) on the grounds of the school, Lebanon Road, Manheim. Airplane Candy Drop, Barrel Train Rides, Bounce House, games, music, food and Auction. More info:manheimchristian.org
4)The Mennonite Children’s Choir of Lancaster will perform Sunday (April 29) 6 p.m. at Mount Joy Mennonite Church. The concert is free, but an offering will be received. The 110-voice choir involves singers in grades 2-12. For more information mennonitechildrenschoir.org
3) Healthy Kids Day, tomorrow (Sat, Apr 28)1:30-3:30pm at the Lampeter-Strasburg YMCA, Village Road, Lancaster. Free community event for children. Interactive activities such as camp crafts, mini-sports camps, healthy eating demos, kids Zumba, story time and canoe and kayak demonstrations. Meet NFL Super Bowl champion and former Pittsburgh Steeler, Dan Kreider. More info lancasterymca.org
2) Lancaster City-Wide Clean Up with Water Street’s Teen Haven tomorrow (Saturday, April 28) 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Volunteers will meet at Teen Haven’s Lancaster City Center, 205 South Queen Street, Lancaster. Event will end at the Mix at Arbor Place, 520 North Street, Lancaster. All are invited to take part in A City-Wide Clean Up covering large portions of the Southeast and Southwest quadrants of Lancaster City. More Info: waterstreetministries.org
1) Kids Cookie Break Earth Day event at Sahd Salvage Center in Columbia tomorrow (Sat. April 28th from) 9AM-Noon. FREE celebration of recycling! Games, Prizes, KCB Cookie Car, Shredding, Rita’s Italian Ice and A Bake Sale to benefit the Columbia Food Bank and much more–fun for the entire family! Benefits the ministry of WJTL . More info:recycleyourmetal.com
FRED MCNAUGHTON – Congratulations to Lisa Landis, Kristi Leigh and the entire WJTL team for winning 2 prestigious awards at this year’s PAB (Pennsylvania Association of Broadcasters) Awards Banquet. Lisa won for Outstanding Radio Program for Children for the Kids Cookie Break. This is the eighth time Lisa and KCB has been recognized. Kristi and the WJTL team won for Outstanding Promotional Announcement/Contest for Feedback Giveback. WJTL is pleased to be recognized by our contemporaries in broadcasting as being outstanding in our field. Thanks PAB.
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! April 20, 21 and 22
5) Mechanicsburg Earth Day Festival, tomorrow (Saturday, April 21) 9am-2pmk Main Street Mechanicsburg. Festival activities will include live music, exhibitors, kids world, and a fun filled day caring for our planet.
4) Chapel Church “Gong Show” Sunday (Apr 22, 2012) 6-8pm
Cape Horn Rd in Red Lion. A night of music, comedy and a variety of talents on display at the Chapel Gong Show. Popcorn will be provided, Child care will be provided! The community is invited. chapelchurch.org
3) York Symphony Orchestra’s FREE Live at Lunch Concert, today at noon (Friday, April 20) Strand-Capitol Performing Arts Center, North George Street, York. The concert will feature “Time for Three”, a classically trained trio that blend jazz, bluegrass, classical and pop in the Strand-Capitol lobby. Concert is free, bring or purchase your own lunch. More info: yorksymphony.org
2) Bethel Assembly of God Family Carnival, tomorrow (Saturday, April 21) 5pm, Holly Pike, Carlisle, featuring music by THIS WAY UP, PLUS Lots of activities, food and fun. Admission is free. thiswayupband.com
1) The Lancaster Barnstormers Fan Fest tomorrow (Saturday, April 21) at Clipper Magazine Stadium. Gates will open at noon see the stadium and meet the 2012 Barnstormers baseball club. Admission to the event is free. More info:lancasterbarnstormers.com
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! April 13, 14 and 15, 2012
5) The Lancaster Chorale will present a program of “Great Sacred Choruses” on Sunday (April 15th) at Calvary Church,, Lancaster beginning at 5:40pm. Guest organist Hilary Orlando, and pianist, Charis O’Connell will be featured. A free will offering will be received. For more information: 717-464-7309.
4) Lancaster County Christian School auction tonight and tomorrow (Friday and Saturday, April 13th and 14th) Food activities, Silent Auction, and more – at the Leola Campus of LCCS, 2390 New Holland Pike, Lancaster.
Times and More information, http://www.lccs.cc.
3) Buttonwood Community Day AT Buttonwood Gardens Apartments, Friendship Avenue Hellam. Tomorrow (Saturday, April 14th) from 11am-2pm. Activities for all ages, door prizes, Alex’s Lemonade Stand to benefit”Childhood Cancer Research”, demonstrations by the Hellam Fire Department, children’s ID cards provided by the Hellam Police Department, Memorial Hospital will be giving “free” blood pressure screening, games, prizes and much more! More information:(717)840-4700.
2) Komedy for Kenya – a free comedy event featuring comedian and ventriliquist Taylor Mason, Sunday (April 15th) at 6pm, At Victory Church (Greenfield Campus). A love offering will be taken to benefit the Victory Church Kenya Missions team.
1) Rani Arbo & Daisy Mayhem Kids Concert, tomorrow (Sat, Apr 14, 2012) – TWO SHOWS – 11am and 1pm at Martin Library, East Market St, York. Presented by the Susquehanna Folk Music Society. For more info: http://www.sfmsfolk.org
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! April 6, 7 and 8
5) First Presbyterian Church of Strasburg is hosting a community-wide Easter egg hunt tomorrow (Saturday, April 7th) from 10 AM – 12PM. There will be fun activites, snacks, and three age groups for the hunt. More info: 717-687-6030.
4) In the Light Ministries, Lancaster City will present a Passion play called “From the Well to the Cross” tonight (Friday, April 6) The story of a group of people gathered around a well, sharing their personal experiences about Jesus. The Easter story will be dramatically presented. More Info at 717-293-9287
3) Middlesex United Methodist Church will be hosting its third annual FREE Eggstravaganza tomorrow (Saturday, April 7) from 12-4 PM. The Easter Egg Hunt will include entertainment ,bounce house, food, crafts, and more. Two egg hunts will be held, at 2 and 4 PM.More info: 717-249-2449
2) Carry the Cross today (Friday, April 6, 2012) 4:00-6:30 pm in Elizabethtown. Meet at Elizabethtown Mennonite Church (300 S Spruce St) at 3pm to walk with others from the community throughout E-town while reflecting on seven of the many events that Jesus faced along his journey to the cross. The Journey will conclude at St. Paul’s UMC (398 N Locust St). Shuttle service provided between churches. Sponsored by the Elizabethtown Ministerium. More Info: 689-0263
1) Scarlet Steps a multi-sensory art exhibit, sharing the Easter Message with artworkbased on ten different themes taken from Saint Peter’s sermon in Acts 10. Tonight (FRIDAY, APRIL 6TH, 2012) 12-9PM at Lancaster Quilt & Textile Museum 37 N. Market St., right next to Central Market. A choir will also be performing in the evening. More info: scarletsteps.com
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! March 30, 31 and April 1
5) Ye Free Merry Little Old Egg Hunt tomorrow (Sat. March 31st ) at 9AM at New Life Church in Lancaster. (rain date is April 1st) More info at www.newlifelancaster.org
4) Resurrection Round Up Easter Egg Hunt and More tomorrow (Sat. March 31st) from Noon-2PM at Lighthouse Assembly of God in New Holland. More info at www.lighthouseag.com
3) Gateway Church, Elk Creek Campus, will hold its Helicopter Egg Drop tomorrow (Saturday, March 31st) 11am at the Oxford Area High School soccer field. Pictures with the Easter bunny, balloons and refreshments. The helicopter plans to drop 20,000 eggs around 1:00 P.M. This event is free for children ages 2-11. More info at gcwired.com
2) Comedian and illusionist, Will McDaniel will host a family fun night, Sunday (April 1) at Northeastern High School in Manchester, 6pm. For more info call: 717-266-4525
1) PILGRIM’S PROGRESS is reuniting w/ Steve Garrett for a FREE CONCERT tonight Praise Fellowship Church, Downingtown. The concert starts at 7pm. A free will offering will be taken. More inf at www.stevegarrett.net
FRED MCNAUGHTON – Tune in today and be a part of the WJTL Friendraiser .
We are asking listeners (just like you) to support the station with prayer and monthly donations. Our goal is 230 New Pledgers!!! 230 Listeners who have never supported the station, or haven’t supported it lately, or who aren’t currently supporting on a regular basis. (YES! We want to cover all our bases, in more ways than one!)
Has WJTL impacted you or someone you know? If you believe in the ministry of WJTL, please call (717) 392-3690 and pledge your support. OR… You can make a pledge online.
WJTL is a listener-supported, non-commercial radio station. 100% of the support comes from our generous and faithful family of listeners. WJTL could not stay on the air without you.
Tune in today and listen for your chance to win prizes, hear special guests from the community and hear the heartbeat of this radio ministry.