FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! September 23, 24 and 25
5) Tonight (Friday) 5-8pm at St. Mark’s UMC Ministry Center Harvest Parlor Art Show. 37 E. Main St. Mount Joy. Live music by Bobby Wehner. Part of Mount Joy’s 4th Friday event!
4) ABC Construction Rodeo, Sunday, September 25th from 1 to 5pm, routes 283 and 772 in Mount Joy. Loads of construction-related activities and competitions, both amateur and professional. Heavy equipment, Games, door prizes, food, and clowns! Interactive family safety area. FREE admission and FREE Parking! The Rodeo benefits Make-A-Wish, and the Merit Shop Scholarship Fund. Rain or Shine. Visit www.abcrodeo.org for details.
3) Lebanon Pastor’s Prayer Network is sponsoring the Festival of Life at Monument Park in Lebanon, tomorrow (Saturday) 11am-5pm. Activities for all ages including free grocery distribution, hotdogs and drink, a cake walk, balloon and face painting, a concert, booths for local agencies and ministries and more. 717-933-1140
2)Lancaster Bible College’s Homecoming festivities! Tomorrow (Saturday beginning at 9am) A 5k Run. A free kids play area, campus tours, Alumni baseball game AND KCB broadcasting live 9-noon. Visit with past LBC faculty, and staff plus a book signing with Dr. Gil Peterson. lbc.edu
1) Ephrata Fair continues today and tomorrow (Friday and Saturday) billed as the largest street fair in America, complete with rides, games, food, Tractor Pull, Baby Parade, Cheesecake Judging contest and much more. www.ephratafair.org
Yes! This really happened at a local Christian Conference.
I share the story with you now as I did earlier in the week with the listeners on our email list…
A couple of weeks ago we did a few giveaways on the air in an effort to let our listeners know about a marriage event that was happening in York. You might not think about a contest as ministry, until you read the note we received from the church that hosted the event.
Thank you so much for supporting our event. Several attendees accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior this weekend, and at least one marriage was saved.
We received an anonymous comment from one of the WJTL winners. This individual and their spouse are separated. They called in to WJTL to win the free registration thinking that if they won, it would be a sign from God that they should work on their marriage and not seek a divorce. The listener did win and approached their spouse about attending the event. To their surprise, the spouse agreed to go. By the end of the weekend, they viewed the event as a new beginning for their marriage.
We serve a God who uses talking donkeys, shepherds with slingshots and yes, even radio contests to reach His children.
I have received so many encouraging replies from this story. Hundreds of WJTL listeners emailed back saying things like, “Yay God!”, “God is Awesome”, and “Praise God. Thanks for sharing.”
We have also received several testimonies from other listeners who have been impacted…
My husband also won tickets to the marriage conference from WJTL. We have only been married 2 years, but there was still so much we gained and learned from the conference. Coincidentally, the conference took place right before our 2 year anniversary, so it was a wonderful way to celebrate 2 years of marriage and begin the 3rd with fresh direction, insight, and intentionality. It was really a beautiful experience. Thank you for all that you do on WJTL to point our lives toward our Savior. you have an amazing ministry. Keep up the great work!!
This morning we gave away tickets to this afternoon’s showing of The Confession: A Musical. Winners had to be able and willing to attend today’s 4pm show. The winner was very excited. He called back a few minutes later to say, he had been so excited to be the winner, that he had forgotten to mention that today was he and his wife’s 49th Wedding Anniversary and this is what they would now be doing to celebrate. He called winning the tickets, “A God thing!”
Thank you again for listening and supporting WJTL. You are a big part of what God is doing in our community.
FRED MCNAUGHTON – FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! September 16, 17 and 18
5) The Annual Northern Dauphin Community Family Fun Fest is taking place Saturday,( September 17) at the Elizabethville Bourough Park from 10am until 2pm. Games, face painting, kids activities, pie eating contest, community talent show, tribute to hometown heroes, and a tribute to 131st transportation unit.
4) KCB Saturday Morning 9am-noon at Gee Gee’s Hair Cutting Salon in Lancaster. Face Painting by the Gee Gee’s Princess, cookies, drinks, prize wheel, and of course Lisa and the Cookie Car! Kidscookiebreak.com
3) Triple Tree Ministries Concert and Bike Show – Saturday, (September 17) 10am – 3pm at Lancaster Haryley Davidson in Willow Street. There will be live music by Freznel Lenz and a bike show with prizes. 717-824-5965
2)Water’s Edge Community Church, Cleona – Family Fun Day
Saturday (September 17) 11:00am – 3:00pm
Corner of Lincoln St. & Maple St. in Cleona, PA
FREE: hot dogs, sno cones, music, bounce rides, kids games, and more
*** We are so sorry – we were informed this event was canceled due to flooding!
1) Ephrata Community Church Family Fest – Sunday (September 18) 2p-6p Candy Drop from an airplane, Christian Illusionist Majik Andrew, 6 PM Performance by Phredd
Barrel Train Rides, Inflatable Fun, and an appearance by Abraham the African Tortoise all afternoon if it’s warm enough.
FRED MCNAUGHTON – Five Fun Free Family Things to do POSTPONED today due to rain and flooding. We were concerned about highlighting events that may cancel due to the storms and flooding. We hope to return next Friday. We encourage you to Pray for those affected by the storms. Many have lost homes and businesses, others are cleaning up from the damage. Visit our Prayer Wall and post your prayer requests or pray for those there.
Fred McNaughton – FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS LABOR DAY WEEKEND!!! Sept 2, 3, 4 & 5
5) Lancaster’s First Friday – Downtown Lancaster, PA, tonite 5-9pm – Music, Art, Food and Fun. www.lancasterarts.com
4) Heart of Lancaster Arts and Craft Show Saturday and Sunday (September 3 & 4) 10 AM to 4PM rain or shine. Select Artists and Craftsmen from Pennsylvania and nearby states displaying their work. live entertainment by the Susquehanna Pipes and Drums. heartoflancasterartsandcraftshow.com
3) Model Railroad Club Open House Saturday and Sunday (sept 3 & 4) 2-4pm both days at Masonic Village in Elizabethtown. The E-town Model Railroad Club will hold an open house with more than 1200 feet of track on display. More info 361-5180
2) Hospice of Lancaster County’s 27th Annual Labor Day Auction – Saturday, (Sept. 3) 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., and Monday, (Sept. 5) 8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., at the Lampeter Fairgrounds, Route 741 and Lampeter Road.
1) Labor Day!!!! Have a picnic, cookout, frisbee toss, campfire, family time & fun!
FRED MCNAUGHTON – WEATHER DISCLAIMER – Depending on the weather and the track of Hurricane Irene these events may not happen. Please doublecheck before heading out this weekend!
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! August 26, 27 and 28
5) Fairmount UMC Fellowship Hall, Furnace Road in York will be hosting their annual back to school bash tomorrow (Saturday August 27) at 4:30 pm. Games, activities, free pizza, and live entertainment from 180 Out. For more info call 717-586-7273
4) Family Fun Day will be held tomorrow (Saturday 8/27) from 3-8pm rain or shine at Christ United Methodist Church, 5 Main Street Yorkana. Fun, fellowship, food and activities, a petting zoo, face painting, dunk tank, super slide, and more.
3) 2011 Jam in the Grove tomorrow (Saturday 8/27) 3-10pm at Ruhl’s Picnic Grove 2766 Newport Road in Manheim . FREE live music, campfire drum circle and concerts by Heaven’s Road, Jeremiah Coyne Band, Salt n Light, Freznel Lenz, and The Ryan Payne Band. You can also campout and stay for Sunday morning worship time. www.jamminthegrove.blogspot.com/
2) In the Light Ministries of Lancaster is hosting a Community Outreach @ Martin Luther King Elementary School located on South Duke Street, Saturday (8/27) 11am-3pm. They will be giving away: clothing, food, drinks & backpacks filled with school supplies. There will be music, entertainment, a moon bounce & more! Everything is FREE!
1) The 38th annual Elizabethtown Fair continues thru Saturday (8/27) with free events, contests, food and fun at the Elizabethtown Fairgrounds, 900 East High Street, Elizabethtown. Get the schedule and more info at www.etownfair.com
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! August 12, 13 & 14
5) The 22nd Annual Truckers Day @ the Buck is being held at the Buckmotorsports Park, Quarryville, tomorrow, (Sat Aug 13.) Safe Truck Drivers Rodeo, Jamboree and an auction to benefit the Miracle Kids @ Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital. Free admission!
4) iRock in my community is being held today and tomorrow (Aug 12 and 13.) It is a Lancaster youth event featuring zumba, literacy education, basketball clinic, fire safety, bowling, fitness challenge and more. There will also be a concert on Saturday at 7pm at the Family Life Community Church, 1204 Wabank Road in Lancaster. For more info call 717-615-4498
3) Abandon in Concert! Sunday (Aug 14) at the First Baptist Church, 1015 Chambersburg Rd Gettysburg. Doors open at 6:30, concert starts at 7pm.Concert is FREE a love offering will be taken Phone: 717-334-2564
2) Anavah’s Heart Fundraiser on Sun. (Aug. 14th) from 3-6PM at Elizabethtown Park Amphitheater. WJTL will be there from 3-5PM. Bands include Steven Courtney, Kim Goss and Freely Bound, from LBC. A free will offering will be taken to help support Anavah and her family as they prepare for her 4th open heart surgery.
1) HOPE International Pathways Out Of Poverty Exhibit Open House happening tomorrow, (Sat. Aug. 13th) from 9AM-3PM at their office at 227 Granite Run Drive in Lancaster. It’s a day for families to experience the exhibit, participate in games, enjoy food and listen to live music.
More Info: http://www.hopeinternational.org
FRED MCNAUGHTON – FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! August 5, 6 & 7, 2011
5) Immanuel’s 6th Annual Bigger & Better COMMUNITY FUN DAY. GAMES: Slide, Pony Rides, Down Pour Derby,Tricycle Races, Duck Pond, Fishing, Pit Stop, Bounce House… ARTS & CRAFTS:Face Painting, Sand Art, ANTIQUE CARS…AND MORE! SATURDAY, AUGUST 6 10am-2pm IMMANUEL CHURCH 800 S. Market Street Mechanicsburg. www.immanuelcma.org
4) First Friday, tonite 5:00p to 9:00p in Downtown Lancaster, Art exhibitions, live music, theatrical performances, artist receptions, and fun surprises, too. More info at www.lancasterarts.com
3) Steven Courtney & the Suitcase Musicians will perform a free children’s concert at 11 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 6 at Menchey Music Service in Hanover as part of the store’s 75th anniversary celebration. The event runs from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., and includes games, instrument demonstrations and more. For details, visit mencheymusic.com.
2) The Son Community Day will be on Saturday, August 6 from 10-2 at Ephrata United Zion Church, 408 E Fulton St, Ephrata. Puppet Show at 11:00am and the Candy Drop at 12:30pm. Other free activities include: face painting, spin art, barrel train rides, moon bounce, and balloons. More info at www.ephratauz.org
1) The Chabod Academy Open House runs 10-2pm Saturday. KCB live 9-noon with chances to win prizes, free KCB gear, cookies, requests and a chance to talk on the radio! Meet the academy teachers, tour the academy, sample classes, door prizes and more!!! More Info: chabodacademy.com