FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! November 4, 5 and 6
5) Praise and Worship Night with Dave Helmuth from Ad Lib Music – tomorrow (Saturday November 5) 6:30pm at Pequea Presbyterian Church, 273 Cambridge Road in Gap. There will also be free coffee and a free will offering.
4) First Friday Lancaster – Art, Music, Food and downtown Lancaster. Tonight (Friday, November 4) 5 to 9pm. More info at lancasterarts.com
3) The film “58” Will be shown tomorrow (Saturday November 5th) at 7pm at Community Fellowship Church, 200 Bethel Drive, Lancaster. The film will be followed by a Q&A time with representatives from HOPE International, as well as interaction & refreshments. All are welcome-no tickets required. my.live58.org/momentum/team/607/
2)Storm Night 5 with the Ryan Payne Band and speaker, Matt Saxinger at Mount Aetna Bible Church in Mount Aetna, PA – tomorrow (Saturday, November 5) 6pm. It is a free event and there will be free prizes! More Info: http://stormnight5.webstarts.com
1)VETERANS SALUTE – tomorrow (Saturday November 5) 10am – 2pm at Freedom Toyota, 6060 Allentown Blvd, Harrisburg.
US military equipment and vehicles, an Army battalion rock wall, parachute demonstrations, and field fitness activities. There will also be an exhibit of gear from Keystone Wounded Warriors. Free!
FRED MCNAUGHTON -The new studio is great for welcoming guests from the community. This morning Evangelical Seminary in Myerstown was our special guest. Here are a couple shots from this morning’s on air festivities.
FRED MCNAUGHTON – How crazy that there is snow in the forecast for moving day!
Hey we’re moving and we wanted to give you a heads up that we may experience some technical difficulties over the next couple of days with email and the website. We appreciate your patience and prayers during the move. Thank You.
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! October 21, 22, 23
5)Coffeehouse and Open Mic Night with Ben Rothermel tonite (Fri, Oct 21, 2011) 7PM – Fri, Community Room on Prince, 19 North Prince Street (3rd Floor above Prince Street Cafe) Lancaster. www.veritaschurchpa.org
4) Fall Music Fest, Sunday (Oct 23, 2011) 3PM 4:30PM Grace UMC, Carlisle. Sponsored by the Carlisle Cooperative Ministries – celebrate music, fun, and Christian fellowship This event is free. More info: 258-1949
3) “2nd Annual GEARS Fall Festival to be held at the Elizabethtown Fair Grounds tomorrow (Saturday, October 22, 2011) 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. rain or shine. The Festival will be a family-friendly event that features entertainment, food, crafts, games, and children’s activities. www.getintogears.org
2) Lancaster Recreation Commission Fall Family Fun Fest, tonite (Friday, Oct 21) 6-8pm. Hayrides, campfire, S’mores, storytelling, flashlight tag and more. Conestoga Pines Barn off Pitney Rd. www.lancasterrec.org
1) Celebrate Reptile Awareness Day with Jesse Rothacker of Forgotten Friends and the Lancaster Herpetilogical Society tonite (Friday, Oct 21) 7pm at the North Museum in Lancaster. Tonite’s feature will be Pennsylvania’s most venomous snake – the Timber Rattlesnake. Its free. www.lancasterherp.org
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!!
5) House of His Creation Auction tomorrow (Sat. Oct. 8th) from 9AM-Noon at Akron Church of the Brethren. Jesse Rothacker and Forgotten Friends Reptiles, Pie Eating Contest, All you can eat Pancake Breakfast, and more . Lisa and the Kids Cookie Break broadcasting live. more info: HOHC.org
4) Lancaster Art Walk tomorrow and Sunday (Oct 8 & 9) A bi-annual event celebrating the eclectic mix of independent Lancaster Art galleries. Meet-the-artist, seminars, workshops, kids activities and more. Details at lancasterartwalk.org
3) The 26th annual Boehm’s Chapel Apple Fest will be held tomorrow (Saturday October 8) from 9am-3pm. Rain or shine at 13 West Boehms Road in Willow Street, PA. Free Parking & Admission. There will be homemade apple butter, cider, homemade ice cream, dumplings, apple bread and more. Luncheon foods also available. Craft stands located outside and inside church. For more info please call 717-872-4133
2) The Annual Jam in the Grove tomorrow (Saturday, October 8) at Ruhl’s Picnic Grove 2766 Newport Road in Manheim PA from 3-10 pm. There will be 6 different artists including Heaven’s Road, Jeremiah Coyne Band, Salt n Light, Freznel Lenz, and The Ryan Payne Band. A campfire drum circle as well as a dinner. More info at www.jamminthegrove.blogspot.com
1) Water Street Ministries Family Day tomorrow (Saturday, Oct 8) 10am-3pm. Games, Tours, Live Music from Matt Wheeler and Vintage Heart, Junkyard Drumming and Saint Elouise. Learn about poverty and homelessness through interactive experiences and guided tours.
More info at www.waterstreetministries.org/FamilyDay
Robert Rogers will be the special guest at Manheim BIC October 22 and 23. He has an amazing testimony of how God has used tragedy in his life. Roberts wife and 4 children were killed when a flash flood carried away their minivan.
We spoke with Robert this morning. You can hear the interview at our WJTLCasts page.
Keep listening throughout the day for reports from WJTL listeners. Call the WJTL Listener Hotline with your report – 717 397-8090. Tell us your name, what school you are at and a brief description of what is happening. Check out the National See You at the Pole website for info on this year’s theme, history and more!
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! September 23, 24 and 25
5) Tonight (Friday) 5-8pm at St. Mark’s UMC Ministry Center Harvest Parlor Art Show. 37 E. Main St. Mount Joy. Live music by Bobby Wehner. Part of Mount Joy’s 4th Friday event!
4) ABC Construction Rodeo, Sunday, September 25th from 1 to 5pm, routes 283 and 772 in Mount Joy. Loads of construction-related activities and competitions, both amateur and professional. Heavy equipment, Games, door prizes, food, and clowns! Interactive family safety area. FREE admission and FREE Parking! The Rodeo benefits Make-A-Wish, and the Merit Shop Scholarship Fund. Rain or Shine. Visit www.abcrodeo.org for details.
3) Lebanon Pastor’s Prayer Network is sponsoring the Festival of Life at Monument Park in Lebanon, tomorrow (Saturday) 11am-5pm. Activities for all ages including free grocery distribution, hotdogs and drink, a cake walk, balloon and face painting, a concert, booths for local agencies and ministries and more. 717-933-1140
2)Lancaster Bible College’s Homecoming festivities! Tomorrow (Saturday beginning at 9am) A 5k Run. A free kids play area, campus tours, Alumni baseball game AND KCB broadcasting live 9-noon. Visit with past LBC faculty, and staff plus a book signing with Dr. Gil Peterson. lbc.edu
1) Ephrata Fair continues today and tomorrow (Friday and Saturday) billed as the largest street fair in America, complete with rides, games, food, Tractor Pull, Baby Parade, Cheesecake Judging contest and much more. www.ephratafair.org
Yes! This really happened at a local Christian Conference.
I share the story with you now as I did earlier in the week with the listeners on our email list…
A couple of weeks ago we did a few giveaways on the air in an effort to let our listeners know about a marriage event that was happening in York. You might not think about a contest as ministry, until you read the note we received from the church that hosted the event.
Thank you so much for supporting our event. Several attendees accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior this weekend, and at least one marriage was saved.
We received an anonymous comment from one of the WJTL winners. This individual and their spouse are separated. They called in to WJTL to win the free registration thinking that if they won, it would be a sign from God that they should work on their marriage and not seek a divorce. The listener did win and approached their spouse about attending the event. To their surprise, the spouse agreed to go. By the end of the weekend, they viewed the event as a new beginning for their marriage.
We serve a God who uses talking donkeys, shepherds with slingshots and yes, even radio contests to reach His children.
I have received so many encouraging replies from this story. Hundreds of WJTL listeners emailed back saying things like, “Yay God!”, “God is Awesome”, and “Praise God. Thanks for sharing.”
We have also received several testimonies from other listeners who have been impacted…
My husband also won tickets to the marriage conference from WJTL. We have only been married 2 years, but there was still so much we gained and learned from the conference. Coincidentally, the conference took place right before our 2 year anniversary, so it was a wonderful way to celebrate 2 years of marriage and begin the 3rd with fresh direction, insight, and intentionality. It was really a beautiful experience. Thank you for all that you do on WJTL to point our lives toward our Savior. you have an amazing ministry. Keep up the great work!!
This morning we gave away tickets to this afternoon’s showing of The Confession: A Musical. Winners had to be able and willing to attend today’s 4pm show. The winner was very excited. He called back a few minutes later to say, he had been so excited to be the winner, that he had forgotten to mention that today was he and his wife’s 49th Wedding Anniversary and this is what they would now be doing to celebrate. He called winning the tickets, “A God thing!”
Thank you again for listening and supporting WJTL. You are a big part of what God is doing in our community.