Five Fun Free Things To Do This Weekend May 29-31, 2015
5) 3rd Saturday Potluck Game Night at Aspire Community Center in Mount Joy, tomorrow (Saturday May 30) 5-9pm. Cards, boardgames, trivia, charades, videogames and more. Free for all ages. Bring food & a game to share. Aspire is located at 45 East Main Street in Mount Joy. More Info: www.AspireMtJoy.com
4) Kids Penny Fair tomorrow (Saturday, May 30) 10am to 2pm at St. Jacob’s Lutheran Church in York New Salem. The family event will feature games, prizes, surprises and giveaways. Kid Safety info provided by West Manchester Township. More Info: (717) 792-9531
3) The Summer Reading Club and GO York! Kick-Off Event tomorrow (Saturday, May 30) from 10am-1pm at the Dover Community Building, Davidsburg Road in Dover, next to Dover Library. Music by Steven Courtney, Face Painting by Changing Faces 4 Fun, and trucks and equipment from the Dover Township Fire Department. Food trucks and a picnic pavilion too. More Info: http://www.yorklibraries.org/hero
2) Summer Reading Program Family Friendly kick-off tomorrow (Saturday, may 30) from 11am-1pm at the Lancaster Public Libraray, 125 North Duke Street. A visit from Clifford the Big Red Dog, Music by The Dancing Bears and fun interactive activities. More info: lancaster.lib.pa.us
1) The Millersville Business Association’s Second Annual “Saturday in the Park” tomorrow (Saturday, May 30) in Millersville Borough’s Freedom Memorial Park from 11am-4pm. Free carnival-style games and activities for children along with the Blue Rock Fire Rescue apparatus on display. Concert by Steven Courtney at 3pm, and Forgotten Friend Reptile Sanctuary, featuring Jesse Rothacker at 11:30 and 1:00. Many local Food Trucks on location. The event will be held rain or shine. More Info at their Facebook event page.
Five Fun Free Family Things To Do This Weekend May 22-25
5) Bethany Christian Services 5K Walk and Run, tomorrow (May 23) from 8am – noon at The Junction Center in Manheim. All proceeds support the Safe Families for Children ministry of Bethany Christian Services of Central PA. The run is professionally timed. Lisa and the Kids Cookie Break Broadcasting Live! Chick-Fil-A Cookies, prizes and a chance to win Hershepark Tickets and Slugs and Bugs Concert tickets. More Info: http://www.bethany.org/lancaster/5kcentralpa
4) Celebrate Fourth Friday at the Susquehanna River Towns of Columbia, Marietta, and Wrightsville, tonight (Friday, May 22) from 5-9pm. Take a self-guided tour and visit galleries, antique shops, specialty shops, and restaurants throughout the area. View exhibits from local artists and more: More Info: http://lancasterpa.com/river-towns/
3) Jazz on the Hill tonight (Fri. May 22) from 5-8pm at Lincoln Middle School in Lancaster featuring the Lincoln Middle School Jazz Band & Jazz Chorus, JP McCaskey High School Jazz Band, Burrowes Elementary Musicians Plus an Art Show by Lincoln Middle School Students.
2) Memorial Day Patriotic Benefit Concert to benefit the Lebanon VA Hospital – Memorial Day Monday (May 25) 7pm at St. John’s Lutheran Church in Maytown. This Patriotic concert will also feature Broadway and Pop selections. An Ice Cream socail to follow. More Info: 717 426-1163
1) Mount Joy Memorial Day Parade tomorrow (Saturday, May 23) The parade will begin at the upper end of W. Main Street in Mount Joy at 2 pm. The parade will head east thru Mount Joy and will feature local bands, fire companies, floats and of course, be sure to look for the WJTL team! More Info: (717) 653-4227
Five Fun Free Family Things To Do This Weekend May 15-17
5) Hope for Haiti Third Annual Benefit Auction tomorrow (Saturday, May 16)at the Hertzog Farm—across from Metzler Mennonite Church—Beginning at 9am. The day will feature a variety of food, kids games, and an auction; proceeds benefit Life Connection Mission. More Info: lifeconnectionmission.org
4) Freedom Fun Fair tomorrow (Saturday, May 16) 10am-2pm. Free food, games, petting zoo, inflatables, face painting, pony rides, and tons of prizes. Rain or shine at the Lebanon Valley Bible Church in Campbelltown. More Info: www.lvbiblechurch.org
3) 32nd Annual Rhubarb Fest tonight and tomorrow (Friday, May 15 & Saturday May 16) at Kitchen Kettle Village – Intercourse, PA. Rhubarb Race Car Derby, Rhubarb Whoopie Pie Filling Contest, Music, prizes and more. The event is free, proceeds benefit Lancaster Farmland Trust. More Info: kitchenkettle.com
2) Go Beyond – Week of Service Celebration – Sunday (May 17) beginning at 9am at Clipper Magazine Stadium. Worship by the Vertical Church Band, New York Yankee Legend Bobby Richardson will speak, and his son Pastor Bobby Richardson will give the message. More Info: http://www.go-beyond.us
1) 62nd Annual Sertoma Chicken Barbecue tomorrow (Saturday May, 16) at Lancaster’s Longs Park. Lisa and Kids Cookie Break Broadcasting live from 9-noon. Damien Drago Rockin Thru History Band, Juan Catorce Band and Joy Ike performing on the Weaver’s Garage stage starting at noon and the 9th Annual Talent Challenge from 2-4p. Come vote for your favorite and support Longs Park, Kids Camps and the Petting Zoo. Experience the World’s LArgest Chicken Barbecue. More Info: Sertoma Blog at WJTL.com
Join us this Saturday for the 62nd Annual Sertoma Chicken Barbecue.
Once again this year WJTL will be featuring performances on The Weaver’s Garage Stage. We will be located between the Pond and the Tennis Courts in the little grove of trees at the same spot we’ve been for the past several years.
9am-noon – Lisa and Kids Cookie Break Broadcasting Live
Weaver’s Garage Stage Schedule
2p-4p – WJTL 9th Annual Talent Challenge
Oren Martin (Yo-yo-ist) Under the Sun (4 member group) Cristabelle Braden (singer/songwriter) Able (rapper) Olivia, Grace, & A (singers, “cups”) Devon Eshleman (guitarist) Rooted (worship band) Chandler Miller (cup stacker) Juliana Schnee (singer/songwriter) Freedom Lights (folk duo)
4p – Joy Ike
Come out and enjoy some great chicken barbecue, Support Long’s Park, hear some great artists and Vote for your favorite during the WJTL Talent Challenge. We hope to see you there.
** Since this event is outdoors, it is subject to weather and to change. Thanks.
Five Fun Free Family Things To Do This Weekend – May 8-10, 2015
5. The Underground Skate Park, an outdoor portable skate park, will be at Trinity Lutheran Church in Mechanicsburg tomorrow (Saturday, May 9) from 10am-4pm. Skaters 10 and over can ride on ramps, rails and kickers. Youth on skateboards, scooters and roller blades welcome. Helmets a must, riders will have access to loaners. Lunch provided. More Info & Downloadable Waiver available at: www.undergroundskatepark.org
4. All you can eat pig roast and auction tomorrow (Saturday, May 9) from 3pm-9:30pm at Lancaster Mennonite School’s – Kraybill Campus outside of Mount Joy. Entertainment for the kids; BERG go-carts, face painting, and an outdoor movie at 8:30 pm. Quilts, vacation getaways, gift items and housewares to be auctioned to support Kraybill school. Hess’s Barbecue and the famous strawberry pie desserts available! More Info:
3. Hershey Christian School Spring Benefit Auction (tomorrow, Saturday May 9) 9am-3pm. Sports memorabilia, quilts, plants, a signed Hershey Bears jersey, X-box 360, and much more! All proceeds benefit the school’s general fund. Open Gym for the kids. More Info: hersheychristian.org
2. Friendship Community 22nd Annual Fest & Auction tonight and tomorrow (Friday and Saturday, May 8 and 9).Family fun & fellowship. Live Music Friday night. Plants & Flowers , Food & baked goods, and Much More! Proceeds benefit the ministry of Friendship Community. More Info: http://www.friendshipcommunity.net/events
1. SVPS 5k Run and Walk for Life, tomorrow (Sat. May 9) 7:30am-1pm at 2 locations – Calvary Church in Lancaster and South Hills Park in Lebanon. Join with hundreds of believers across Lancaster and Lebanon counties to uphold the sacredness of human life and support the ministry of SVPS. Walk, 5K Run, Kids’ Zones, Kids’ Stage featuring Steven Courtney, Phredd and Jesse Rothacker and Forgotten Friend Reptiles. Lisa and Kids Cookie Break broadcasting live in Lancaster and Fred and WJTL broadcasting live in Lebanon. More Info: http://www.svps.org/
We are pleased to share the good news that WJTL won two Pennsylvania Association of Broadcasting 2015 Awards for Excellence in Broadcasting. OUTSTANDING RADIO PROMOTIONAL CONTEST – for the WJTL TALENT CHALLENGE 2014” and “OUTSTANDING STATION SPONSORED EVENT – for KIDS COOKIE BREAK FEST 2014”
Lisa and Kristi attended this year’s award Banquet at the Hotel Hershey and accepted the awards during the ceremony.
Five Fun Free Family Things to do This Weekend May 1-3, 2015
5) Lancaster Artwalk – celebrating art and independent galleries in downtown Lancaster tomorrow (Saturday, May 2) 10am-5pm and Sunday (May 3) noon-4pm in downtown Lancaster. As Part of Artwalk, Father Daughter team Ned & Maggie Bustard are hosting a Noah’s Ark Print Making Activity at Square Halo Gallery at the Trust Performing Arts Center near Central Market More Info:lancasterwalk.org
4) Conewago Creek Earth Day Celebration tomorrow (Saturday, May 2) from noon to 4 pm at historic Aberdeen Mills, Mill Road Elizabethtown. Live animals, guided walks, and giveaways. Plus Special presentations from Hersheypark’s Zoo America at 1pm featuring A great-horned owl, a screech owl, a black snake, a box turtle, a skunk, and a red-tailed hawk. More Info: ConewagoInitiative.net
3) Light’s Fort, the oldest structure in Lebanon County is having Open House tomorrow (Saturday, May 2) 1-4pm. Tour this circa 1742 Light Family Home. Find out why it is called a fort, even though it never was one. This property is only open a few times a year so don’t miss this opportunity to see what life may have been like in 1742. And yes, it is free. More Info: http://www.lightsfort.org
2) The Lancaster Loyalty Day Committee’s annual carnival tonight (Friday May 1) 5-11pm and Saturday (May 2) noon to 11pm at Lancaster city’s Buchanan Park. Rides, food, live music , face painting and camel rides. Free, but tickets or wristbands will be sold for carnival rides. Music from Matt Wheeler Band and others. More Info: At the Lancaster Loyalty Day Carnival Facebook Page.
1) Rafiki Africa Festival tomorrow (Sat. May 2) from 8am-Noon at The Junction Center in Manheim. All proceeds benefit African Children by providing education scholarships and building schools through 3 local Non-profits: Rafiki Africa Foundation; Sudan Rebirth Ministry; We’re All God’s Children. The Festival includes a Walk, 5k Run, Music, Food and Celebration of African Culture. More Info: rafikiafrica.org
Five Fun Free Family Things To Do This Weekend – April 24-26, 2015
5) Young Artist Concert Series featuring West Chester University’s Trombone Ensemble (Sun, Apr 26) 4pm at St. Matthew Lutheran Church, Pleasure Rd, Lancaster. A free will offering will be received. More info: 717 569-0588
4) Pure Hope Coffeehouse tomorrow (Saturday, April 25) from 6:30-10 pm in the Social Room of St. Peter’s Evangelical Lutheran Church in Highspire. Seasons, the Etown College Saxophone Quartet, and more. The event is a fundraiser for Hope for Justice and Blood-Water Mission. More Info: at the Pure Hope Coffeehouse Facebook Page.
3) 3rd Annual Community Family Fair tomorrow (Saturday, Apr 25) from 1-pm at Conestoga Valley Church of Christ, at The Corner Of Horseshoe & Willow Rd. Bounce houses, a fire truck, games, food and more. More Info: Cvchurchofchrist.org
2) Manheim Christian Day School Family Fun Day and 39th Annual Auction and Barbecue tonight and tomorrow (Fri & Sat Apr 24 & 25) at the school on Lebanon Rd in Manheim. Helicoptor Candy Drop, Pedal Car Races, Music by “This Way Up”, Bounce House, Train Barrel Rides and More. More Info: http://www.manheimchristian.org/home/auction-schedule/
1) Sahd Salvage Earth Day Reduce, Reuse, Recycle Event tomorrow (Saturday, April 25) 9am-1pm. Over 25 conservation minded vendors to learn from, tour the scrap yard, enter contests and join WJTL’s Kids Cookie Break Broadcasting Live. Bring your aluminum cans. Donations benefit the ministry of WJTL and the Columbia Food Bank. More Info: http://www.recycleyourmetal.com/earth-day/
Five Fun Free Family Things To Do This Weekend – April 17-19, 2015
5) 59th Annual Mennonite Central Committee Pennsylvania Relief Sale tonight 4-9pm and tomorrow beginning at 6:30am(Friday and Saturday April 17 and 18) at the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex in Harrisburg. Handmade quilts, furniture, original artwork and much more. Fun activities for children will also be available throughout the sale. The auction benefits the relief efforts of MCC. More Info: MCC.org
4) The Chamber Singers of Lancaster Bible College will perform their last concert of the seasong tomorrow (Saturday, April 18) 7pm at Garden Spot Village. “Travelers Have Tales to Tell,” is a collection of a cappella masterpieces from both sides of the Atlantic More Info: gardenspotvillage.org
3) An evening full of laughter and joy with the A-Team Talent Show tonight (Friday, April 19) 6pm at Wesley Church in Quarryville. The A-Team Performers have all overcome physical and mental challenges and want to share their love, laughter and God’s overcoming Grace. More Info: 717-529-0904
2) Landis Valley Village and Farm Museum Spring Benefit Auction tomorrow (Saturday, April 18) Preview and silent auction begin at 4pm. Live auction begins at 5:30pm. Heirloom-quality handcrafted items: artwork, toys, collectibles, jewelry, and more—as well as many other unique objects and services will be auctioned off at this annual sale to benefit Landis Valley’s programming. More Info: http://www.landisvalleymuseum.org
1) Barnstormers Free Fanfest tomorrow (Saturday, April 18) beginning at noon at Clipper Magazine Stadium. Barnstormer mascot Cylo will be joined by Hershey Bar and Turkey Hilda. Activities for the kids include face painting, cookie decorating, lego table and a chance to meet the Barnstormers. At 1pm the Barnstormers and the Blue Crabs will face of for a specail pre-season exhibition game. More Info: lancasterbarnstormers.com
Five Fun Free Family Things To Do This Weekend – April 10-12, 2015
5 -Starlight Tea Presents Principally Harps, tomorrow (Saturday, April 11) at 7pm at Lancaster Church of the Brethren, Sunset Ave in Lancaster. Principally Harps are duo harpists, Mindy Cutcher and Janet Witman blending the virtuosity of two of America’s finest harpists. More Info: lancob.org
4 – Stand Up For Mental Health Comedy Show, tonight (Friday, April 10) 7:30 pm, at York College of Pennsylvania, Waldner performing Arts Center in York. featuring David Granirer is a counselor, stand-up comic, mental health keynote speaker and author. He also has a Stand Up for Mental Health program, teaching stand-up comedy to people with mental illness. The event will also feature a group of York County comics that David has trained. More Info: http://smhcomedyshow.eventbrite.com
3 – Lancaster Christian singer/songwriter Lindsay Graham will be at Emmaus Road Cafe tomorrow ( Saturday, April 11), at 7pm Admission is free. The cafe is located at 1886 Lincoln Highway East in Lancaster. More Info: 717-478-3672.
2 – A Civil War 150 Year Commemoration Concert by Dearest Home – an ensemlbe of Civil War Music Re-enactors tonight (Friday, April 10) 7:30pm at St. Edward’s Episcopal church, Harrisburg Pike, Lancaster. More info: dearesthome.com
1 – Aaron Gillespie in concert at Lancaster Evangelical Free Church in Lititz, along with RESET Movement speaker, Josh Brewer and Local Worship Leader Stuart Young. Sunday (April 12) Doors open at 6:15 pm. The concert is FREE, but free will donations will be accepted. Sponsored by Crossover Student Ministries. More Info: http://www.lefc.net/