Join us today and tomorrow (March 25 & 26) as we seek to sponsor a new project in Guatemala that Lisa and I visited earlier this month. Please click on the Compassion Banner at WJTL.com or call 866-392-3690. Your $38 a month will revolutionize the life of a very special child. Thank You.
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! March 20, 21 and 22, 2015
5. Community Room on King in Lancaster is hosting Music Friday Coffeehouse & Open Mic Night tonight (Mar 20) featuring Marty and Aaron from The Stars are Spies. The night is free but a donation will be taken. More Info: Community Room Facebook
4. Singer – songwriter duo Meg and the Right Sound will be performing at Emmaus Road Cafe tomorrow (Saturday, March 21) at 7pm. The cafe is located at 1886 Lincoln Highway East in Lancaster. More Info: 717-478-3672.
3. FREE Easter Explosion tomorrow (Saturday, March 21) from 9:30-11am at Harrisburg Christian Performing Arts Center, Eisenhower Blvd., Middletown. The event is open to students age 2 through six grade and includes an egg scramble, crafts and games. Rain or shine. Bring a basket or bag to carry home your goodies. More Info: 717 939-9333.
2. Lebanon Valley College will host its sixth annual Community Easter Egg Hunt Sunday, (March 22) at 2pm. The event, to be held on practice fields just north of the main campus. Parking will be available near the Arnold Sports Center. More Info: www.lvc.edu/spiritual-life
1. NORTH MUSEUM in Lancaster will reopen tomorrow (March 21) 10am-5pm with Free Admission following renovations. Enjoy the new 41 foot SciDome Theater, hands-on nature gallery, and upgraded dinosaur exhibit. The Museum is located on College Ave in Lancaster. For More information: http://www.northmuseum.org/
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! March 13, 14 & 15, 2015
5. Rizetta’s Tones an American Celtic World Band will be in Concert for a special St. Patrick’s Day Themed Program Sunday (March 15) 2pm at the Eicher Arts Center, Grater Community Park in Ephrata. More Info: Eicher Arts Center Facebook Page
4. No Longer Alone Ministries FunFestival tomorrow (Saturday, March 14)10am-1pm at Lancaster Brethren In Christ Church. This Way UP will perform at 11am. Face painting, bouncy house, festival type games, magician, Chick-Fil-A Cow, Fish Pond and More. More Info: www.nlam.org
3. The Promise Players will present Sarah Mae & Her Kinfolk Tonight, Tomorrow and Sunday (March 13-15) at Lampeter Church of the Brethren in Lancaster. Friday – 7:30pm, Saturday 2:30pm and 7:30pm and Sunday 2:30pm. The concert is free but there is a suggested Donation amount to benefit Camp Andrews in Holtwood. More Info: promiseplayers.org
2. Moore’s Chapel’s Cabin Fever, tomorrow (Saturday, March 14) 11am to 2pm at Moore’s Chapel United Methodist Church in Elkton Maryland. Dozens of groups eager to show ways to “go outside and play” including crafts, activities and demonstrations from Freedom Hills Therapeutic Riding Center, Plumpton Park Zoo, Chesapeake Wooden Boat Builderns and More. More Info: Mooreschapel.org
1. Lititz Area Mennonite School’s Winter Carnival OPEN HOUSE tomorrow (Saturday, March 14) 8:30am-12:30pm at the School on East Newport Road in Lititz.. Carnival games, face painting, crafts and Kids Cookie Break Broadcasting Live. More Info: Lams.info
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! February 27, 28 and March 1, 2015
5. Lancaster County Youth Symphony String Orchestra Concert tomorrow (Saturday, Feb 28) 4pm at First Presbyterian Church, Orange Street in Lancaster. An offering will be taken. More Info: LCYSO.com
4. Fourth Friday at the River Towns, tonight (Feb 27) 5-9pm at the Susquehanna River Towns of Columbia, Marietta, and Wrightsville. Music, shops, and special events. Take a self-guided tour and view exhibits from local artists. More Info: LancasterPA.com
3. St. Peter’s Musical Arts Concert featuring Celtic-themed musical performances and the Hooley School of Dance – Sunday (March 1) 7pm at St. Peter’s Lutheran Church on Delp Road in Lancaster. More Info: stpeterslutheran-lanc.org
2.Maple Sugar Festival Sunday (March 1) from Noon-4pm at Fort Hunter Centennial Barn in Harrisburg. Taste real maple syrup on ice cream, try tapping a tree, see maple syrup and candy making. Many children’s activities and maple products for sale. More Info: forthunter.org
1. Green Eggs and Ham breakfast for kids and Dr. Seuss’ birthday celebration at Grace United Methodist Church in Mechanicsburg tomorrow (Sat. Feb. 28) Breakfast 8:30-10am. Dr. Seuss story time and crafts next door at the Simpson Public Library, 10:15-11:30am. Event is free but registration is preferred. More Info: 717-766-3282
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! February 20, 21 & 22, 2015
5. Piercing Word Presents I Peter on Sunday (Feb 22) at 6pm at Hammer Creek Mennonite Church in Lititz. The performance features a cast of five actors dramatizing the entire book of I Peter in 18 minutes. More Info: www.piercingword.org
4. The Cofffee Station at Landis Valley tonight (Friday, Feb 20) 6:30-8:30pm , 2351 Oregon Pike Suite 102 at the Shoppes at Landis Valley, behind the CVS on Oregon Pike in Lancaster. Music by Stuart Young and Dalton Greiner. More Info: 717-553-5500
3. An informal bluegrass and gospel jam session & sing-along.
Sunday (February 22) from 2-4pm at East Petersburg Mennonite Church. Bring your instrument, your singing voice and your friends and make a joyful noise. More Info: (717) 892-6830.
2.Splashtacular at the Lititz Rec Center Sunday (February 22) from noon to 8pm. Free try-it classes, open gym, pools and fitness center open to the community.More Info: lititzrec.com
1. Join Naturalists for on-going, maple sugaring demonstrations at Pavilion 11 in Lancaster County Central Park – Sunday (Feb 22) 1-4pm See trees being tapped, sap boiled to syrup, and candy made from syrup. More Info: 717-295-2055
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! February 13, 14 & 15, 2015
5. Ichthus Coffeehouse tomorrow (Saturday, Feb. 14th) 7-11pm at Immanuel Evangelical Free Church of York with free organic & fair trade coffee and tea, other refreshments, open microphone for music or spoken word, board games for personal entertainment, and free WiFi. This month’s featured artist is The Rock. More Info: IcthusCoffeehouse Facebook page
4. Jonestown Male Chorus “Sweetheart Concert” Sunday (February 15) 7pm, at St John’s UCC, West Market St. in Jonestown. More Info: jonestownmalechorus.org
3. FREE MOVIE VALENTINE DATE NIGHT tomorrow (Sat. Feb. 14) 7:30pm at Gateway Church in York. Married Couples, engaged couples and committed couples, invited to view THE SONG. Childcare is not provided. Doors open at 6:30pm. More Info: 717-252-4148
2.The Ugandan Kids Choir will be performing at Grace Baptist Church of Lancaster Sunday (February 15) at 10:45am. The choir is an outreach ministry of the Childcare Worldwide Sponsorship Program. More Info: GBCLancaster.org
1. 10th Annual Fire & Ice Festival in Lititz tonight, tomorrow and Sunday (Feb 13-15) Ice sculptures, food, games, Chili Cook off, Winter Wonderland Carnival, Dodge ball tournament& More. WJTL broadcasting live tonight (Feb 13) 5-9pm. More Info: LititzFireandIceFestival.com
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! February 5, 6, & 7, 2015
5.Christian School Of York Stay and Play, tomorrow (Sat, February 7) 9:30am-11am for Children ages birth – 5 years old (and their adult) Kids & Parents will play in the Early Education Center, The Imagination Station, The G.R.E.A.T. Room, 4000 sq. ft. fenced-in playground, and more. Plus chances for familes to win prizes and gift cards. More Info and RSVP: www.csyonline.com
4. First FridayLancaster, tonight (Friday, Feb 6) 5-9pm in downtown Lancaster. Art Displays, Music and Special events celebrating one of America’s Top 10 Nerdiest Cities! More Info: visitlancastercity.com
3. First Saturday Lego Madness at The New Cumberland Public Library, Benjamin Plaza, NewCumberland – Tomorrow (Sat Feb 7) 10:30-11:30am. Children of all ages are invited to join in the Lego Madness in the Children’s Room. Tom Gross, from the Lion’s Club, will read a book and then encourage the children to create something from the available Legos which matches the book’s theme. No registration is required for this family friendly event. More Info: 717 774-7820
2. Lego Building Party tonight (Friday, Feb. 6th) from 5-8:30pm at Hammel Associates Architects East Grant Street in Lancaster. Over 25,000 Bricks including Jungle Falls Rescue, Compact Track Loader, Train and Architechture sets Specialty Pieces and More. More Info: 717-393-3713
1. Lego Free Time this afternoon (Fri. Feb 6) from 3-5pm at Aaron’s Books in Lititz! For ages 5-8 Help Build a Lego city to display in the store. The event is FREE, RSVP requested. Materials and snacks provided. More Info: AaronsBooks.com
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! January 30 & 31 and February 1, 2015
5.Groundhog Day Celebration tomorrow (Saturday, Jan 31) 9am at Tom Grater Memorial Park in Ephrata. Cocalico Cal, a pageant of human-sized groundhogs, a dip in the Cocalico Creek and more. Bring non-perishable items for Ephrata Area Social Services food bank
4. REAL Lighthouse Youth Center Yard Sale and Flea Market tomorrow (Jan 31) 7am-1pm at their center in Denver. Over 28 vendors. Proceeds benefit REAL Lighthouse Youth Ministry. More Info: www.realym.org/local-events
3. PNC Arts Alive Family Programs – Artful Animals at Brandywine River Museum of Art, Chadds Ford, PA Sunday, Feb 1 10am-noon. Explore the creative side of the animal kingdom in paintings by Jamie Wyeth and assemble sculptural art inspired by living things from the backyard to the barnyard. More Info: http://www.brandywinemuseum.org/calendar_events.html
2. The ABC27 & PNC Family Fun Fair, tomorrow (Saturday, Jan 31, 2015) at the Harrisburg Mall from 10am – 4pm. Meet the characters of 123 Sesame Street, including Elmo. More Info: http://www.shopharrisburgmall.com/event/abc27pncfamilyfunfair/
1. Family Game Time tomorrow (Saturday, January 31) 10:15am at the William H. & Marion C. Alexander Family Library in Hummelstown, Share the fun of playing family-friendly games while you spend some quality time together at The Library. Free but Registration is required. More Info: www.dcls.org or call (717) 566-0949.
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! January 23, 24 & 25, 2015
5. Cardboard Derby at Ski Roundtop Mountain Resort on Sunday (Jan. 25) Check-in begins at noon, judging at 2pm, race at 3pm. Join the fun and cheer the teams down the hill! Be sure to stop by the WJTL Table and pick up some free stuff! More Info: http://www.skiroundtop.com/events
4. Christian Rock Concert tomorrow (Saturday Jan 24) from 6-10pm at Conoy Brethren In Christ Church, Bainbridge Road, just outside of Elizabethtown. The concert will feature 3 local Christian bands – Rock & Salvation Ministries, Emerson and Souls Set Free.More Info: 717-367-7915
3. The DKers will perform a new juggling show called Prodigal Fun Sunday, (January 25) beginning at 6:30 pm at Indiantown Mennonite Church in Ephrata. More Info: www.dkers.net
2. Free Community Concert featuring BRUCE FITE, artist and songwriter of “Don’t Put Your Cat in the Washing Machine” tonight (Fri. Jan. 23) from 7-8pm at West Fallowfield Christian School in Atglen. More Info: www.wfcs.org
1. FREE Community Weekend at Zoo America North American Wildlife Park in Hershey, tomorrow and Sunday ( Jan 24 and 25) 10am to 4:30pm each day. Parking is available at both the Zoo’s parking lot and at the parking garage located on Chocolate Avenue.
Guests can walk through the 11-acre zoo and learn about more than 200 animals from five regions of North America: Southern Swamps, The Great Southwest, Eastern Woodlands, Big Sky Country and Northlands. To allow for some up close and personal time with the animals, ZooAmerica Naturalists will host an array of animal encounters throughout the day. More Info: ZooAmerica.com