FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! December 14, 15 & 16, 2012
5) A Night In Bethlehem, tomorrow (Sat. Dec. 15th) from 9:30am to 11:30am at Kochenderfer UMC in Lebanon. The family Holy Land Experience is for all ages. Participants will experience what is was like to live and work in Bethlehem when Jesus was born. The event will end with the story of Jesus’ birth. Participants will take part in hands on crafts, snacks and interact with people who might have lived and worked in the town of Bethlehem. More info: 717.273.0525
4) Journey With Jesus tomorrow (Sat. Dec. 15th) from 6-8PM at Ed’s Landscaping in Elizabethtown, 2 miles west of the square on route 230 . Journey with Jesus is a walk-through presentation that recounts some of the key scenes in the life of Jesus and features live animals, including donkeys, goats, & even a camel! Donations benefit the ministry of WJTL.
3) Trinity United Methodist Church in New Freedom, PA will host their Annual Live Nativity tomorrow (Saturday Dec. 15th) at 7pm. The Christmas Story comes to life with live animals, actors and Christmas carols. The church is located one block from the heritage rail trail at 101 North Second Street, New Freedom. More information: 717-235-2544
2) A Christmas Party filled with kids games, a craft, The Christmas Story, and Carols will take place at the Lighthouse Baptist Church in Harrisburg, tomorrow (Saturday., December 16) from 11am to 1pm. More info: lighthousehbg.com
1) Hershey Church of the Nazarene is hosting its first annual TUBA CHRISTMAS celebration, ushering in the holiday season with a free community concert of regional tuba and euphonium players tonight (Friday, December 14) at 7pm. Musicians interested in participating in TUBACHRISTMAS are encouraged to bring their instrument and folding stand. Registration is at 5:30pm with a short Rehearsal at 6pm, More info: tubachristmas.com
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! December 8, 9 & 10, 2012
5) The Journey to Bethlehem will be held at Woodcrest Retreat, Ephrata PA tonight and tomorrow (Fri, and Sat. December 7 & 8) 5-8:30 PM. The Christmas story comes alive with dramatic actors, a live nativity and real animals in six unique scenes. Guests will travel with Biblical characters and receive items to assist them on the outdoor journey. For more information. 717-738-2233
4) Middlesex United Methodist Church in Carlisle will be hosting it’s third annual Hayride to Bethlehem tonight 6-9pm and tomorrow 4-8pm (Friday & Saturday December 7 & 8) Experience a forty minute hayride through several live nativity scenes. The hayride is totally free to everyone and will also feature live music. More info: 717-249-2449
3) Winterstown United Methodist Church, Winterstown Road in Felton will be having a live drive thru nativity tonight and tomorrow (December 7th & 8th) from 6:30-9pm. For more info:(717) 244-1984.
2) Mount Calvary Lutheran Church in Lititz (Across from Neffsville Park) presents The Live Nativity tonight, tomorrow and Sunday (December 7, 8,& 9) beginning at 7pm each evening. Step back in time and experience the very First Christmas! Live Narration with Animals – 8 Scenes from the Book of Luke & Matthew – Great for Kids! Free Admission and Refreshments. More info: 717-560-6751
1) Journey With Jesus tomorrow (Sat. Dec. 8th) from 6-8PM at Ed’s Landscaping in Elizabethtown, 2 miles west of the square on route 230 . Journey with Jesus is a walk-through presentation that recounts some of the key scenes in the life of Jesus and features live animals, including donkeys, goats, & even a camel! Donations benefit the ministry of WJTL. Radio Friend Phil will be broadcasting live.
FRED MCNAUGHTON -THANK YOU to everyone who participated in the Extraordinary Give – The Day of Giving on November 30th. 240 WJTL Listeners donated $24,820. WJTL also received a $1000 grant for being one of the first ten organizations to receive 50 individual donations. Additionally, Lancaster County Community Foundation will match a percentage of your gifts and we will find out that amount in the near future. Thank you again for your enthusiastic support!
Visit the Extraordinary Give Leaderboard and see what other organizations benefitted from this extraordinary day of giving.
(This was the original blog, giving the info on the Extraordinary Give)
I invite you to take advantage of this opportunity to invest in WJTL today and stretch your donation thanks to the Lancaster County Community Foundation. Any donation you make to WJTL today online at extragive.org will be stretched. WJTL has joined with almost 200 other local non-profit organizations in saying, “When we give extra, extraordinary things happen!”.
Extraordinary Give is Lancaster County’s first 24 hour online giving marathon. Every dollar donated will be stretched by a $250,000 contribution from the Lancaster County Community Foundation.
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! November 30, December 1 & 2, 2012
5) E-town Drums December 2012 Drum Recital tomorrow (Saturday, Dec 1) at Hope Community Church in Mount Joy. Enjoy performances by the 14 of the area’s top pre-teen and teen drummers ! More info: 717-653-7168
4) Free Christmas Supper and Concert at Colonial Park Community Baptist Church in Harrisburg Sunday (Dec. 2nd) from 5-8PM. Supper followed by a concert, “Christmas Story Guitar Cantata” by Keith Grim of Dallastown, PA. More Info: 717-545-3261
3) Boehm’s Chapel Society, Willow Street will host the annual celebration of Lessons and Carols Sunday (December 02, 2012) beginning at 3pm. The traditional service of scriptural readings and beautiful music offers a reverent time to prepare for the upcoming Holy Season. The congregation will join in singing familiar carols. The service is free and open to the public. A love offering will be taken.More info: boehmschapel.org
2) Christmas Puppet Show Sunday (Dec. 2nd) at Memorial Baptist Church in Gettysburg presented by the MBC Youth Puppet Team. Admission is FREE. More Info: 717-334-2898
1) Palmyra Library Winterfest tomorrow (Sat. Dec. 1st) 9am -Noon. Lisa Landis and Kids Cookie Break broadcasting live. More info: http://lclibs.org/palmyra
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! November 16, 17 and 18, 2012
5) 3rd Friday Coffeehouse and Open Mic Night, tonight (Friday November 16) from 7-9 PM at the Community Room on Prince (19 North Prince Street, 3rd Floor) The featured performer is the Juan Catorce Band. The Juan Catorce Band is a three piece band from Columbia made up of Brad Rhine, his wife Jen, and their friend Shawn Vago. More info: 717-572-5914
4) A Night of Worship with Nashville Worship Leader Shelly Johnson tonight (Friday, Nov. 16) at 6 p.m., with opening artists Cassondra Diaz and Cristabelle Braden. The free concert will take place in the narthex of Miller Chapel on the Campus of Lebanon Valley College. More info: LVC.EDU
3) Tumble Down the Rabbit Hole as the Senior High of the Learning Station Homeschool Cooperative performs “Alice in Wonderland”. Tonight (Nov 16) 7pm at Lancaster Evangelical Free Church. Admission is Free, no ticket necessary. Donations are accepted.
2) Third Friday in Strasburg tonight (Fri. Nov. 16th) from 7-9 at Center Square An evening of food, shops and live music in Strasburg Square. More info: strasburg.com
1) Songs with Kelly Good today (Friday, Nov 16) 1pm at the Lancaster Public Library’s Bates Auditorium. For ages 0-5 (plus parents). More info – Children & Teen Services, 394-2651.
FRED MCNAUGHTON – Joell Ketcham of LOVE FROM LANCASTER COUNTY is asking WJTL listeners to donate new undergarments and socks for adults and children and new toys to those affected by Hurricane Sandy. LOVE FROM LANCASTER COUNTY is working with a church in Staten Island, NY to help families who lost everything in the flooding. New items are being received at 348 Hollow View, Manheim, PA. You can also FACEBOOK – LOVE FROM LANCASTER COUNTY for more info. You can also email Joell – firstname.lastname@example.org, for more info. You can also listen to Joell’s interview at the WJTLCasts page.
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! November 2, 3 & 4, 2012
5) The Solid Rock Cafe is featuring singer Cristabelle Braden for a night of music, speaking, and fellowship tomorrow (Sat. Nov. 3rd) at 7PM. The Solid Rock Cafe is at the World of Life Center at Mount Zion Road Church of the Brethren. MOre info: 717-933-4926
4) Habitat for Humanity Praise Concert at Zion UM of Iona in Lebanon tomorrow (Sat. Nov. 3r)d from 6:30-9PM. Groups featured are: Habitat for Humanity Guitar Choir,Damaskus Road, Zion UM of Iona’s praise team, Ring Leaders Quartet and more. Raise awareness of the mission of Habitat Lebanon. A goodwill offering will be taken. More info: (717). 867-1044.
3) Harvest Fest 2012 – Trinity United Methodist will host a free community festival tomorrow (Sat. November 3rd) from 11am to 2pm. Pie, music, games, free food, petting zoo, kid’s zumba, door prizes, a pie bake-off and live music. and more! A cross between a carnival and a good old community block-party. More info: 717-235-2544
2) A benefit coffee house for Compassion International held by MGBC’s young adult small group tomorrow (Sat. Nov. 3rd) 6:30pm at Manheim Grace Brethren Church. Coffee and desserts are FREE. Music from several artists including KimberLiana and Juliana Schnee, both featured on the Kids Cookie Break 4 CD. Also, an art gallery from local artists. More info: 717-665-2334
1) Lititz Wesleyan Church Lititz Harvest Celebration. Enjoy free food, carnival style games and a barrel train ride for the kids. today, (Friday, Nov. 2nd) from 6-8pm. You are also invited to drop off a coat for the church’s annual Coat Drive. More info: 717-626-6100 **UNFORTUNATELY, THIS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL NEXT FRIDAY, NOV. 9 6-8PM!**
FRED MCNAUGHTON – Christ in Action is going to Southern NJ to help those affected by Hurricane Sandy. Our friend (and former Damascus Drummer – Daryl Stoltzfus) is the PA Coordinator for Christ in Action. They will begin receiving volunteers as soon as Friday (Nov2). Daryl will be taking a team down Saturday night and you could possibly travel with his team. If you are available and want to help our neighbors in NJ who have been devastated by this storm, please go the Christ in Action website and fill out a volunteer form now. If you want to go with Daryl Saturday please email him – Daryl at Christ in Action dot com and of course make that look like a regular email address. Listen to Daryl’s interview at our WJTL Casts page.
3 things you can do for Christ in Action:
1) Volunteer to go to Southern NJ
2) Make a donation at the website to help underwrite their service there.
3) Pray for the Christ in Action team as they serve those in Southern NJ who have lost everything.
FRED MCNAUGHTON – Red Cross Responding to Hurricane Sandy In Central PA
Seventeen Shelters opening on Monday
Harrisburg, PA, Sunday, October 28, 2012 — The American Red Cross is responding throughout Central Pennsylvania as Hurricane Sandy bears down on the Commonwealth.
The American Red Cross will be opening shelters at the following Central Pennsylvania locations:
· Adams County: Gettysburg Senior High School, 1300 Old Harrisburg Road, Gettysburg, PA 17325
· Blair County: Altoona School District Junior High School, 1400 7th Avenue, Altoona, PA 16601
· Centre County: Bald Eagle Area High School, 751 South Eagle Valley Road, Wingate, PA 16823
· Clinton County: Renovo Fire Company, 230 Eleventh Street, Renova, PA 17764
· Cumberland County: Silver Spring Presbyterian Church, 444 Silver Spring Road, Mechanicsburg, PA 17055
· Dauphin County: Harrisburg High School (John Harris), 2451 Market St, Harrisburg, PA 17103
· Franklin County: Salem United Brethren Church, 4349 Letterkenny Road, Chambersburg, PA 17201
· Huntingdon County: Cassville United Methodist Church, 30 Maple Street, Cassville, PA 16623
· Lancaster County: Manheim Township Middle School, 150 School Road, Lancaster PA 17601
· Lebanon County: Lebanon Valley Expo Center, 80 Rocherty Rd., Rocherty, PA 17042
· Lycoming County: New Covenant United Church of Christ, 212 E Third Street, Williamsport, PA 17701
· Northumberland County: Shamokin High School, 2000 W. State Street, Coal Township, PA 17866
· Snyder County: Selinsgrove Area Middle School, 401 N. 18th Street, Selinsgrove, PA 17870
· Tioga County: Knoxville-Deerfield Volunteer Fire Company, 105 Case Street, Knoxville, PA 16928
· Union County: Donald H. Eichhorn Middle School, 2057 Washington Ave., Lewisburg, PA 17837
· York County: Northern High School, 653 S. Baltimore Street, Dillsburg, PA 17019
· York County: York County School of Technology, 2179 S. Queen Street, York, PA 17402
The shelters will open Monday at noon, except for locations in school buildings, where classes are in session. (If schools are in session, the shelter will open at 3:00 p.m. If classes are cancelled, the shelter will open at noon). Those coming to a Red Cross shelter should bring the following with them: identification, any medicines and medical equipment, pillows, towels, blankets, personal care items, bathrobes, change of clothes, books/magazines, personal care items. For children and infants, please also bring infant supplies such as formula and diapers and items to comfort and entertain the children. It is strongly suggested that you arrive as early as possible.