FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! February 5, 6, & 7, 2015
5.Christian School Of York Stay and Play, tomorrow (Sat, February 7) 9:30am-11am for Children ages birth – 5 years old (and their adult) Kids & Parents will play in the Early Education Center, The Imagination Station, The G.R.E.A.T. Room, 4000 sq. ft. fenced-in playground, and more. Plus chances for familes to win prizes and gift cards. More Info and RSVP: www.csyonline.com
4. First FridayLancaster, tonight (Friday, Feb 6) 5-9pm in downtown Lancaster. Art Displays, Music and Special events celebrating one of America’s Top 10 Nerdiest Cities! More Info: visitlancastercity.com
3. First Saturday Lego Madness at The New Cumberland Public Library, Benjamin Plaza, NewCumberland – Tomorrow (Sat Feb 7) 10:30-11:30am. Children of all ages are invited to join in the Lego Madness in the Children’s Room. Tom Gross, from the Lion’s Club, will read a book and then encourage the children to create something from the available Legos which matches the book’s theme. No registration is required for this family friendly event. More Info: 717 774-7820
2. Lego Building Party tonight (Friday, Feb. 6th) from 5-8:30pm at Hammel Associates Architects East Grant Street in Lancaster. Over 25,000 Bricks including Jungle Falls Rescue, Compact Track Loader, Train and Architechture sets Specialty Pieces and More. More Info: 717-393-3713
1. Lego Free Time this afternoon (Fri. Feb 6) from 3-5pm at Aaron’s Books in Lititz! For ages 5-8 Help Build a Lego city to display in the store. The event is FREE, RSVP requested. Materials and snacks provided. More Info: AaronsBooks.com
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! January 30 & 31 and February 1, 2015
5.Groundhog Day Celebration tomorrow (Saturday, Jan 31) 9am at Tom Grater Memorial Park in Ephrata. Cocalico Cal, a pageant of human-sized groundhogs, a dip in the Cocalico Creek and more. Bring non-perishable items for Ephrata Area Social Services food bank
4. REAL Lighthouse Youth Center Yard Sale and Flea Market tomorrow (Jan 31) 7am-1pm at their center in Denver. Over 28 vendors. Proceeds benefit REAL Lighthouse Youth Ministry. More Info: www.realym.org/local-events
3. PNC Arts Alive Family Programs – Artful Animals at Brandywine River Museum of Art, Chadds Ford, PA Sunday, Feb 1 10am-noon. Explore the creative side of the animal kingdom in paintings by Jamie Wyeth and assemble sculptural art inspired by living things from the backyard to the barnyard. More Info: http://www.brandywinemuseum.org/calendar_events.html
2. The ABC27 & PNC Family Fun Fair, tomorrow (Saturday, Jan 31, 2015) at the Harrisburg Mall from 10am – 4pm. Meet the characters of 123 Sesame Street, including Elmo. More Info: http://www.shopharrisburgmall.com/event/abc27pncfamilyfunfair/
1. Family Game Time tomorrow (Saturday, January 31) 10:15am at the William H. & Marion C. Alexander Family Library in Hummelstown, Share the fun of playing family-friendly games while you spend some quality time together at The Library. Free but Registration is required. More Info: www.dcls.org or call (717) 566-0949.
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! January 23, 24 & 25, 2015
5. Cardboard Derby at Ski Roundtop Mountain Resort on Sunday (Jan. 25) Check-in begins at noon, judging at 2pm, race at 3pm. Join the fun and cheer the teams down the hill! Be sure to stop by the WJTL Table and pick up some free stuff! More Info: http://www.skiroundtop.com/events
4. Christian Rock Concert tomorrow (Saturday Jan 24) from 6-10pm at Conoy Brethren In Christ Church, Bainbridge Road, just outside of Elizabethtown. The concert will feature 3 local Christian bands – Rock & Salvation Ministries, Emerson and Souls Set Free.More Info: 717-367-7915
3. The DKers will perform a new juggling show called Prodigal Fun Sunday, (January 25) beginning at 6:30 pm at Indiantown Mennonite Church in Ephrata. More Info: www.dkers.net
2. Free Community Concert featuring BRUCE FITE, artist and songwriter of “Don’t Put Your Cat in the Washing Machine” tonight (Fri. Jan. 23) from 7-8pm at West Fallowfield Christian School in Atglen. More Info: www.wfcs.org
1. FREE Community Weekend at Zoo America North American Wildlife Park in Hershey, tomorrow and Sunday ( Jan 24 and 25) 10am to 4:30pm each day. Parking is available at both the Zoo’s parking lot and at the parking garage located on Chocolate Avenue.
Guests can walk through the 11-acre zoo and learn about more than 200 animals from five regions of North America: Southern Swamps, The Great Southwest, Eastern Woodlands, Big Sky Country and Northlands. To allow for some up close and personal time with the animals, ZooAmerica Naturalists will host an array of animal encounters throughout the day. More Info: ZooAmerica.com
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! January 16, 17 & 18, 2015
5. The new Susquehanna Art Museum 1401 N. 3rd Street Harrisburg will be open to the public for free tonight (Friday, Jan 16) from 6-9pm and Sunday (JAn 18) noon-5pm. The museum will house its inaugural exhibit, Pop Open, which displays pop art from Andy Warhol, Ed Ruscha, Peter Max, Robert Indiana, and Robert Rauschenberg to name a few.More Info: http://sqart.org
4. Baltimore based contemporary folk duo Beggar’s Ride will be perfroming at Emmaus Road Cafe tomorrow (Sat. Jan. 17th) at 7pm. The cafe is located at 1886 Lincoln Highway East in Lancaster. More Info: http://emmausroadcafe.org
3. Coffeehouse & Open Mic Night featuring The Jayplayers Tonight
(Friday, Jan 16) 7-9pm at the Community Room on King, West King Street, Lancaster. More Info: http://www.facebook.com/CommunityRoomonKing
2. Third Friday at Square Halo tonight (Fri Jan 16) 6-9pm North Market Street in Lancaster featuring music by Matt Wheeler and Stuart Young. Art by Jordan Grove . More Info: http://www.squarehalobooks.com
1. 99th Pennsylvania Farm Show, the largest indoor agricultural exposition in the nation, ends this weekend (Saturday, Jan 17) so you have today and tomorrow to experience the 6,000 animals, 10,000 competitive exhibits and 300 commercial exhibits all happening at at the Farm Show Building in Harrisburg.. Admission is free. More Info: http://www.farmshow.state.pa.us/
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! January 9, 10 & 11, 2015
5. YMCA Open House at All Lancaster Family YMCA Branches – City Center, Lampeter-Strasburg & New Holland. Tomorrow (January 10) 8am-5pm and Sunday (January 11) noon to 4pm. More Info: http://lancasterymca.org
4. Local Worship Leaders Thom & Jill Inglin will perform their eclectic mix of acoustic rock, folk, blues and gospel tomorrow (Sat Jan 10) 7pm at Emmaus Road Cafe,1886 Lincoln Highway East in Lancaster. More Info: http://emmausroadcafe.org
3. Etown 2nd Friday tonight (Jan. 9th) from 5-9pm.Downtown Business Owners, Organizations, Churches and Local Artists team up for a special community event. More Info: http://visitelizabethtownpa.com/2nd-fridays
2. Lovin Lititz 2nd Friday, tonight (Friday, Jan 9) 5-9p Main and Broad Streets in Lititz. Musicians, dancers, artists and entertainers perform on sidewalks, patios, and stores. More Info: lititzpa.com
1. 99th Pennsylvania Farm Show, the largest indoor agricultural exposition in the nation, kicking off tomorrow and Sunday (Saturday, January 10 and Sunday, January 11) at the Farm Show Building in Harrisburg. 6,000 animals, 10,000 competitive exhibits and 300 commercial exhibits. Admission is free. More Info: http://www.farmshow.state.pa.us/
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! December 19, 20 & 21, 2014
5. Grantville UMC Live Nativity with Live Animals Tonight and Tomorrow ( Friday December 19, Saturday December 20) at Fabe’s Corner at Rt. 743 & Rt. 22 in Grantville. The Live Nativity runs continuously every 15 minutes from 7-8:30pm. Free hot chocolate & cookies! More Info: www.grantvilleumc.org
4. Journey with Jesus is a Live Nativity tomorrow (Saturday, December 20) from 6-8pm at Ed’s Landscaping, 2623 North Market Street, Elizabethtown. Journey with Jesus tells the story of Jesus from birth to resurrection and includes live actors, animals and a rustic barn setting. More Info: 717-367-1006
3. Creator’s Jubilee Coffee House of Akron tonight (Friday Dec 19) from 6:30-8:30pm at Oasis Fellowship. A monthly creative showcase featuring the gifts and talents of local Christian Artists. This month’s event will highlight the works of local pottery artist Mark Myer! More Info: www.oasisfellowshipakron.org
2. Join Topher Kringle aka The Hip Santa for a Christmas Breakfast Singalong, tomorrow (Saturday Dec 20) 9:30am-11am at Commonwealth on Queen in downtown Lancaster. Free Admission. More Info commonwealthonqueen.com
1. Messick’s Christmas Light Show “Miraculum” – Animated Light show to music, tonight, tomorrow and Sunday (Dec 19, 20 & 21) at Messick’s Farm Equipment, Mertz Drive in Elizabethtown. The light show runs continuously from 6:30-10pm each evening. Enjoy the 15 minute Christmas Display from your car. More Info: Messick Farm Equipment Facebook page.
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! December 12, 13 & 14, 2014
5. Middlesex United Methodist Church’s fifth annual Hayride to Bethlehem, tonight (Friday, December 12) 6-9pm and tomorrow (Saturday, December 13) from 4-8pm. Experience a live nativity while on board a hay wagon ride through several scenes of the nativity, including live actors, animals, and musicians. Hot chocolate and cookies at the end of the ride. Middlesex Church is located at 118 N. Middlesex Rd., Carlisle, PA. More Info: http://www.middlesexumc.com/
4. Winterstown United Methodist Church of Felton Drive Thru Nativity tonight, tomorrow and Sunday (December 12, 13 &14) from 6:30 – 8:30pm. This Drive Thru Nativity features 10 different scenes with over 40 cast members along with live camels, sheep, goats and cows, and more. More Info: 717-244-1984.
3. Limeville UMC in Gap annual kids Christmas Event tonight (Friday, Dec. 12) from 7-9pm. Make a Christmas craft, visit with Santa, a live Nativity Scene and snacks. More Info: 717-442-4010
2. Lancaster Academy for the Performing Arts traditional choral Christmas concert, tonight (Friday Dec 12) at 7pm at First Presbyterian Church, Orange Street in Lancaster. More Info: www.lancasteracademy.org
1. Journey with Jesus is a Live Nativity tomorrow (Saturday, December 13) from 6-8pm at Ed’s Landscaping, 2623 North Market Street, Elizabethtown. Journey with Jesus tells the story of Jesus from birth to resurrection and includes live actors, animals and a rustic barn setting. WJTL will be broadcating live. More Info: 717-367-1006
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! December 5, 6 & 7, 2014
5. The Lion The Witch & The Wardrobe – at Cavod Academy of the Arts Theatre, Main Street in New Holland – Tonight (Friday, Dec 5) at 7pm; Tommorrow (Saturday, Dec 6) at 2pm & 7pm AND Sunday, (December 7) at 4pm. More Info: cavodacademy.com
4. Lego Building Free LEGO Building Party tonight (Friday, Dec 5) 5-8:30pm at Hammel Associates Architects, Lancaster, PA. Just one of many First Friday Lancaster Events. More than 25,000 bricks, plates and specialty pieces to build with. PLUS a very special 3D Printing Demonstration. More Info: (717) 393-3713
3. Join Topher Kringle aka The Hip Santa for a Christmas Breakfast Singalong, tomorrow (Saturday Dec 6) 9:30am-11am at Commonwealth on Queen in downtown Lancaster. Free Admission. More Info commonwealthonqueen.com
2. Lititz Christmas in the Park Annual Carol Sing and Tree Lighting tonight (Friday, Dec 5) 6:30pm at Lititz Springs Park, Broad Street in Lititz. More Info lititzspringspark.org
1. Friendship Community Christmas Expressions of Love and Praise, tonight (Friday, Dec 5) at 7pm at Hempfield Church of the Brethren, Stevens Street in Manheim. The Friendship Community Family will share scripture, song, creative movement and more as they tell the Christmas Story in this celebration of Christ’s birth and this special worship experience. More Info: friendshipcommunity.net
THANK YOU, WJTL LISTENERS!! Thank you for being part of the 2014 Extraordinary Give. Your support and generosity of WJTL truly is inspiring. It was also wonderful to see so many other great orzanizations supported in an Extraordinary way. Thanks also to the Lancaster County Community Foundation Team. The idea of the Extra Give – to inspire people to give (with enthusiasm) is a wonderful idea. We are so thankful that we live in an area that so generously supports non-profit organizations and their mission. Almost four and a half million dollars was raised for all the organizations IN JUST ONE DAY.
You helped WJTL raise $113,085 during Extraordinary Give 2014. WJTL will also receive a percentage of the $315,000 stretch pool dollars.
Thank you again for believing in the ministry of WJTL!