FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! September 12, 13 & 14, 2014
5.The 23rd annual Teddy Bear Day in the Park – tomorrow (Sat Sept 13) 10am-2pm at Lititz Springs Park – Games, Prizes, Crafts, Face Painting, food and more. Benefits the Conner M. Holland Foundation – assisting families coping with pediatric cancer. More info: 717 449-3934
4. East Petersburg Day – tonight (Fri Sep 12) 6pm and tomorrow (Saturday, Sept 13) beginning at 8am at East Petersburg Community Park. Carnival Rides, Live Music, Fireworks, Games, 5k Run, Parade and more. More Info: eastpetersburgday.com
3. The Denver Fair – tonight (Fri Sep 12) until 10pm and tomorrow (Saturday, Sept 13) from 11am-8:30p at Denver Memorial Park, Main St. in Denver. Rides, Exhibitors, Talent Show, Pet Show, Contests and more. More info: thedenverfair.com
2. Dan & Lauren Smith CD Release Concert tonight ( Fri. Sept. 12th) at 6:30pm at St. James Parish – 7th & Penn Ave. in West Reading. Dan & Lauren Smith will be playing the songs from the new album “All My Hope”. CDs and Tshirts will also be available for purchase and there will be an ice cream sundae bar afterwards. More Info: http://www.thesmithfactory.com/music/
1. Landis Home Fellowship Days tomorrow (Saturday Sep 13) 9am – 2pm at Landis Homes, Oregon Road, Lititz. Yard sale, flea market, auction, children’s activities and food. Lisa and Kids Cookie Break broadcasting live from 9am to noon featuring Grandma Landis. More Info: at landishomes.org
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! September 5, 6 & 7, 2014
5) Wheels & Wags Auto, Truck & Motorcycle Show tomorrow (Sat. Sept. 6th) from 3-7pm at Lawn Fire Hall and Carnival Grounds in Lawn. All vehicles welcome. Silent Auction, Bounce House, Food, Music and more. More Info: 717-314-4586
4) Annual Whoopie Pie Festival, tomorrow (Saturday, Sept. 6) 11am-4pm on the grounds of Hershey Farm Restaurant and Inn, Route 896, Strasburg. Eating Contest, Whoopie Pie Launch, a Giant Whoopie Pie, Music and more interactive Whoopie Pie fun. More Info: http://whoopiepiefestival.com/
3) Outbreak Festival, tomorrow (Sat Sept 6) from 10am-6pm at the East Petersburg Park. Live music including local Christian jazz artist Kirk Reese, drama, and performances from character juggler Chris Ivey and old-time strongman Chris Rider. Organized games for the kids too. More Info: http://eastpetersburgborough.org/event/outbreak-festival/
2) First Friday Lancaster, tonight (Friday, Sept 5) 5-9pm
Celebrate Art, Music and the Community of Lancaster. Galleries, museums, artist studios, Music and more. More Info: http://www.lancastercityevents.com
1) Ephrata Arts & Crafts & Restaurant Fair, tomorrow (Saturday, September 6) 9am-3pm, Main & State Streets in Ephrata. This annual event features over 200 artisans, local restaurants and homegrown music. Sponsored by the Ephrata Merchants Association. More Info: http://ephratamerchants.com
The 3rd Annual Kids Cookie Break Fest is tomorrow (Saturday, Aug 30). It is amazing to be celebrating 15 Years of The Kids Cookie Break Program on WJTL.
Gates will open at 9am for those of you with Morning Program Tickets (please don’t come any earlier than that, we won’t be ready for you and you will have to wait). Gates will open at 2:30pm for those of you with Afternoon Program Tickets.
The Junction Center is located at 1875 Junction Rd, Manheim, on the backside of Roots Market and down the road from the Manheim Auto Auction.
Morning Program – 10am-2pm
9:00am – Gates Open
9:55am – Special Presentation and Unveiling
10:05am – Lisa Welcome
10:06am – Phredd
10:45am – This Way Up
11:20am – KCB Games with Lisa Landis
11:30am – Jesse Rothacker and Forgotten Friend Reptiles
12:05pm – Steven Courtney & the Suitcase Musicians
12:50pm – KCB Games with Lisa Landis
1:00pm – Slugs & Bugs
1:45pm – Candy Drop
2:00pm – Please exit to make room for afternoon attenders
Afternoon Program – 3pm-7pm
2:30pm – Gates Open
2:55pm – Special Presentation and Unveiling
3:05pm – Lisa Welcome
3:06pm – Phredd
3:45pm – This Way Up
4:20pm – KCB Games with Lisa Landis
4:30pm – Jesse Rothacker and Forgotten Friend Reptiles
5:05pm – Steven Courtney & the Suitcase Musicians
5:50pm – KCB Games with Lisa Landis
6:00pm – Slugs & Bugs
6:45pm – Candy Drop
**bad weather could cancel the event. Listen to WJTL for updates.
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! August 29, 30 & 31, 2014
5) Chalk the Lot Sponsored by Fulton Street Arts Cooperative, Sunday (Aug 31) 11am to 4pm at 321 Fulton Street in Lancaster. Families are invited to help fill the parking lot and sidewalk surrounding the co-op with chalk art! Chalk will be provided, but feel free to bring some along. More info: fultonstreetarts.com
4) Back to School Community Day tomorrow (Sat. AUGUST 30) from 6-8pm at Shiremanstown First Church of God in Shiremanstown. Free Food, Games, Bounce House, Music and More. More Info: 717-737-7600
3) Old-fashioned Hymn Sing at The Heritage Baptist Church of Manheim Sunday (August 31, 2014), beginning at 6pm. The sing features a hymn history and the practical application of hymn singing for church and home. A fellowship will follow the sing. More Info:(717) 560-3761
2) 27th Annual Heart of Lancaster Arts & Craft Show at Roots Country Market in Manheim. Free event, tomorrow (Saturday Aug 30) and Sunday (Aug 31) 10am to 4pm both days, rain or shine. Select Artists and Craftsmen from Pennsylvania and nearby states, music by Susquehanna Pipes and Drums and the Jazz Group Over Easy. More Info: http://www.hlcshow.com/
1) And we just couldn’t leave this big event off our list – Kids Cookie Break Festival 14, tomorrow (Sat, Aug 30) – 2 Programs 10am-2pm and 3pm-7pm – featuring Slugs & Bugs, Steven Courtney, Barrel Rides, Candy Drop, Big Bright Bounce Houses, Petting Zoo and More. For those with tickets to this “sold out” event, we will see you tomorrow. Tune in to WJTL througout the day as we will occasionally cut away for stage performances and interviews.
There will be a lot going on this Saturday at The Junction Center. There will be a Petting Zoo, Inflatable from Big Bright Bounces, The Bull Guys Bull Riding, Pedal Cars, Fire Trucks, Local Police Dunk Tank, Concerts, and much more. The Kids Cookie Break Fest 2014 is 100% reserved. For those with tickets – here is the schedule.
Morning Program Schedule
09:00 – Gates Open
09:55 – Special Presentation and Unveiling
10:05 – Lisa Welcome
10:06 – Phredd
10:45 – This Way Up
11:20 – KCB Games with Lisa Landis
11:30 – Jesse Rothacker and Forgotten Friend Reptiles
12:05 – Steven Courtney & the Suitcase Musicians
12:50 – KCB Games with Lisa Landis
1:00 – Slugs & Bugs
1:45 – Candy Drop
Evening Program Schedule
2:30 – Gates Open
2:55 – Special Presentation and Unveiling
3:05 – Lisa Welcome
3:06 – Phredd
3:45 – This Way Up
4:20 – KCB Games with Lisa Landis
4:30 – Jesse Rothacker and Forgotten Friend Reptiles
5:05 – Steven Courtney & the Suitcase Musicians
5:50 – KCB Games with Lisa Landis
6:00 – Slugs & Bugs
6:45 – Candy Drop
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! August 22, 23 & 24, 2014
5) Annual Fall Antique Show sponsored by Lititz Spring Park tomorrow (Saturday, Aug 23) 9am-4pm at Littiz Springs Park. More Info: www.lititzspringspark.org
4) 10th Annual Richland Community Outreach Day tomorrow (Saturday, Aug. 23) from 4-6:30pm at Moehlman Park in Richland. Food, games, face painting, pony rides, door prizes, cake walk, barrel train rides, & more. Hosted by Richland’s churches. More Info: 717-866-5946
3) Ball Field Bash tomorrow, (Saturday, Aug 23) 4-7pm Behind Witmer heights Mennonite church at the ball field, Old Philadelphia Pike, Lancaster,. Festive Free Food, Carnival games and an aerial candy drop. More Info:(717) 392-6698
2) Steven Courtney & The Suitcase Musicians, live in concert, Sunday (August 24) 1:30pm at Zion of Iona UMC Church in Lebanon. Indoor & air conditioned with popcorn and refreshments provided. More Info: http://zioniona.com/
1) Stehman Memorial “Community Day” tomorrow (Saturday, August 23rd) beginning at 2pm at Stehman Memorial, Indian Run Road, just outside Millersville. All ages softball game, kids carnival games & Blue Grass Concert . More Info: www.stehmanchurch.com.
The 3rd Annual Kids Cookie Break Fest 2014 is now completely reserved. There are no more tickets available for this year’s festival. If you have tickets, you are still able to purchase boxed lunches to help offset the cost of the event.
If you were not able to get tickets OR if you have tickets you no longer need, here are a couple of suggestions:
Check with friends, family and church to see if they need/want tickets.
Post on the WJTL and Kids Cookie Break Facebook Page that tickets are needed/wanted.
Please be in prayer for a great event that impacts our families, the community and The Kingdom! Thank You!
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! August 15, 16 & 17, 2014
5) Praise Community Church of York Community Day tomorrow (Saturday, Aug. 16th) from 4-9pm. Music, games, arts and crafts. Vote for the best chili and wings, Puppet show and a free family movie beginning at 7pm. More Info: www.praisecommunitychurch.org/
4) GBC Fun Fair tomorrow (Saturday, Aug. 16th) from 11am-7pm at Grace Baptist Church in York. Bounce Houses, Dunk Tank, Crafts, Face Painting, Tug of War, Kickball, Pie Eating Contest and more.
Music from York County Gospel Choir, Christian School of York Band, Damascus Road, This Way Up and more. More Info: http://www.gracebaptistyork.com
3) Back To School Fun Day held at Winterstown United Methodist Church in Winterstown (York County) tomorrow (Saturday, August 16, 2014) from 10am to 1pm. Inflatable rides, games, wagon rides, face painting and food. Backpacks and school supplies will be given away while they last to all elementary and preschool children. The York Revolution mascot “Downtown” will be present as well as the Zembo Shriner clowns. This year’s special project will support the Penn State Children’s Hospital in Hershey. More Info:
2) Touch a Truck at Colonial Park Community Baptist Church in Harrisburg tomorrow (Saturday, August 16) from 9:30 to 12:00, families are invited to come and see and experience trucks and other vehicles up close and personal. There will be tow trucks, a trash truck, snow plow, police car and more. All children will get a free T-shirt. More Info: www.colonialparkbaptist.com/
1) Family Movie Night tonight (Fri. Aug. 15th) beginning at 7PM at The Junction Center Tent in Manheim. Come early and ride the WJTL Pedal cars from 6-7pm. FREE tickets still available, More Info: –http://www.thejunctioncenter.com/
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! August 8, 9 & 10, 2014
5) Elizabethtown Art Walk tonight 5-9p and tomorrow 11am-5pm (Friday and Saturday Aug 8 & 9) in Downtown Elizabethtown. 33 Artists and 22 Locations, live music, food and Children’s Activities. More Info: VisitElizabethtownPA.com
4) Mountville Lawn Concert Series, Sunday (Aug 10) 6:30pm on the lawn of Mountville Church of the Brethren. The US Army Field Band Soldiers Chorus will perform.Bring a lawn chair. More Info: mountvillecob.org
3) Kitchen Kettle 60th Anniversary Celebration tomorrow (Saturday, August 9th) a 1950’s dance demo by Beyond Dancing, Hula Hoop Contest , music from Pocketful of Soul, Kitchen Kettle trivia and more. More Info: kitchenkettle.com
2) The Ichthus Coffeehouse tomorrow (Saturday, August 9)from 7 to 11 pm at Immanuel Evangelical Free Church of York. Featured artist – Mike Lewis, Open mic for music or spoken word, board games, and free WiFi. IEFC is located at 1140 Witmer Road in York. More Info: 717-755-2413
1) Cavod Academy of the Arts OPEN HOUSE tomorrow (Saturday, August 9) from 9am-2pm. Tour Cavod’s dance studios, free snacks, enter to win door prizes, meet the instructors and learn about Cavod’s dance, gymnastics, music and theatre classes. Lisa and Kids Cookie Break Broadcasting Live 9am-noon.More Info: CavodAcademy.com