FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! January 10, 11 & 12, 2014
5) Zumbathon – Sunday (JAn 12) 2-5pm at Hosanna Christian Fellowship. 3 hours of Zumba, snacks, door prizes and more. The event is a fundraiser for a local family experiencing large medical bills and facing a Heart Transplant. More Info: 717-925-9761.
4) Icthus Coffeehouse, tomorrow (January 11) 7-11pm at Immanuel Evangelical Free Church of York, 1140 Witmer Road, Free monthly coffeehouse featuring Fair-trade, organic coffee, tea, cocoa, Open mic, Games and fellowship.
3) Second Friday-Lititz, tonight (Jan 10) 5-9pm. Music, Art, Food and More in America’s coolest small town. More Info: lititzpa.com
2) Matt Wheeler will be in concert tomorrow (Saturday, Jan 11) at Emmaus Road Cafe beginning at 7PM. Matt will be featuring songs from his new project – Indigo as well as past favorites. More INfo: www.emmausroadcafe.org
1) Kids Cookie Break Broadcasting Live at Lancaster Bible College tomorrow (Saturday January 11) 9am to noon for a preview of LBC’s “Seussical the Musical.” Meet the cast, eat cookies, Get your picture taken with Lisa and the Cookie Car and request songs! The event is located in the Good Shepard Chapel: 901 Eden Rd, Lancaster.
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! December 20, 21 & 22, 2013
5) Journey to Bethlehem’ live nativity tours at Trinity United Methodist Church in New Freedom. Tomorrow (Saturday, December 21st) 5-8pm. Meet characters along the road, visit the Bethlehem marketplace, talk with the shepherds and witness the birth of baby Jesus! Tours will run every 20 minutes. Cookies and hot chocolate will be available before and after your tour. More Info: 717-235-2544
4) Drive Thru Nativity at Cornerstone Christian Church in Duncannon tonight and tomorrow (Friday, Dec 20 & Saturday Dec 21) from 6:30-8:30PM. More Info: 717-834-4641
3) LIVE NATIVITY – “Stable in Bethlehem” at Willow Street Mennonite Church in Willow Street. Presentations every ½ hour 5:30-8:30pm tomorrow and Sunday (Dec. 21 & 22) FREE EVENT! More Info: willowstreetmennonite.com.
2) Matt Maher, Audrey Assad and Tim Timmons will bring The Advent of Christmas Worship Tour in concert to the Worship Center, tomorrow and Sunday (December 21 & 22) There are NO TICKETS and NO CHARGE! You are encouraged to come early because a full house is expected. Saturday 7:30pm and Sunday Morning 9am and 10:30am. More Info: www.worshipcenter.com
1) Join John Shirk and the WJTL Road Crew as they broadcast live from Journey with Jesus: Live Nativity. Walk through a rustic barn and experience the story of Jesus from birth to resurrection tomorrow (Saturday, December 21st) from 6 to 8pm at Ed’s Landscaping – 2623 North Market Street, Elizabethtown, All proceeds will be donated to WJTL. More information: 717-367-1006
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! December 13, 14 & 15, 2013
5) “Love Came Down” Live Nativity, tonight (Fri. Dec. 13th) from 6-8pm at Faith United Church of Christ in York. Actors, Sheep, goats, a cow and a donkey round out the cast. This is an outdoor experience about 20 minutes long so dress warmly. Light refreshments indoors at the end. More Info: 717-843-8991
4) The Christian School of York Crusader Singers will be ministering by singing carols outside the new location for Lifeway Christian Store, Concord Road, York) tonight (Friday, December 13) from 6-8pm. More info: 717-767-6842
3) Middlesex United Methodist Church in Carlisle will be hosting it’s fourth annual Hayride to Bethlehem tonight (Friday December 13th) from 6-9pm and tomorrow (Saturday December 14th) from 4-8pm. The event will feature several scenes of the Christmas story with musicians, animals, and interactive actors. Free hot chocolate and cookies will be available at the end. More Info: 717-249-2449
2) Save The Storks Christmas shopping fundraiser tomorrow (Sat. Dec. 14th) at The Junction Center in Manheim from 10AM-3PM. Bring a canned good and win prizes. Save the Storks helps women save their babies. More Info: 717.461.1107
1) Join John Shirk and the WJTL Road Crew as they broadcast live from Journey with Jesus: Live Nativity. Walk through a rustic barn and experience the story of Jesus from birth to resurrection tomorrow (Saturday, December 14th) from 6 to 8pm at Ed’s Landscaping – 2623 North Market Street, Elizabethtown, All proceeds will be donated to WJTL. More information: 717-367-1006
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! Dec 6, 7 & 8, 2013
5) “Follow the Star” Live Nativity Sunday (Dec. 8th) from 5-7pm at St. Peter’s Lutheran Church in York. Six live scenes with live animals, Live entertainment, hot chocolate, coffee & cookies. More Info: 717-854-0589
4) The Cleona Community Tree Lighting will be held at Immanuel UMC in Cleona tomorrow (Saturday, December 7) at 6:30 p.m. There will be a Zoo America show, hot chocolate, cookies & carol singing in the Fellowship Hall. The tree lighting ceremony will be on the front lawn of the church, with candle lighting. More info: 717-272-8663.
3) Kids Cookie Break Broadcasting Live at Chick-Fil-A’s Second Birthday Celebration tomorrow (Saturday, Dec 7) from 9am til noon at their Route 30, Lancaster Location across from Rockvale Square. Cookies, the Cookie Car, Games, Prizes and Lisa Landis! More Info: WJTL.com
2) Journey To Bethlehem – The Christmas Story tonight (Dec 6) & tomorrow (Saturday, Dec. 7) 5:45 to 8:30p at Woodcrest Retreat in Ephrata. Dramatic actors, a live nativity with real animals. More Info: www.woodcrestretreat.org (SORRY, WE THOUGHT THIS WAS A FREE EVENT. IT IS NOT. THERE IS A COST)
1) Friendship Community Christmas Drama tonight (Fri. Dec. 6th) from 7-8:30PM at Hempfield Church of the Brethren in Manheim. More Info: www.friendshipcommunity.net
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! Nov 29, 30 & Dec 1, 2013
5) Coffee House Ministries in York, Sunday (Dec. 1st) 6-8pm. Coffee, food, testimonies and Worship Band Ransomed Souls! More Info: coffeehouseministries.org
4) Matt Wheeler & Vintage Heart in concert tomorrow (Nov. 30th) at 7pm at The Emmaus Road Cafe in Lancaster. More INfo: emmausroadcafe.org
3) The Gospel Choir from the J.P. McCaskey High School will be in concert at Emmanuel’s House of Prayer, Healing and Hope in Reinholds, Sunday, (December 1), at 7pm. A free-will offering will be taken. More Info: 717-336-2937
2) Holiday Model Railroad Open House Grand Opening Tomorrow (Saturday Nov. 30th) at Garden Spot Village in New Holland. The interactive exhibit includes an O-gauge display and an HO-gauge display with more than 600 feet of main line track, a talking Thomas the Tank Engine and more. More INfo: 717-355-6000
1) Lancaster Mayor’s Tree Lighting and Tuba Christmas on tonight (Friday, Nov 29) 5-10:30pm, Penn Square, Lancaster. Caroling, Huge Tuba Choir, Lighting of the Christmas Tree and more surround this annual event. More Info: Lancastercityevents.com
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! November 22, 23 & 24, 2013
5) Fourth Friday in River Towns – Columbia, Marietta and Wrightsville, tonight (Friday, Nov 22) 5 – 9pm
Visit galleries, antique shops, local eateries, gingerbread house demonstration and contest. More Info; parivertowns.com
4) The Learning Station proudly present “The Somewhat True Tale of Robin Hood”. Tonight (Friday, November 22) 7pm at Lancaster Evangelical Free Church in Lititz. Admission is free. More Info: 717-721-9758
3) The His Little Feet International Children’s Choir will be performing at St. John Lutheran Church in York Sunday (Nov. 24th) at 6 pm. The event is free and open to the public. The choir is made up of children from China, India, Haiti, the United States and South Korea. More Info: 717-840-0382
2) Thanksgiving Exposed is a live reenactment of the history of the Pilgrims, tomorrow (Saturday Nov. 23rd) from 5:30-9PM at Dayspring Christian Academy. Tour groups will be escorted through 7 stations that highlight God’s hand in establishing the Plymouth Colony in New England. Witness how the seeds of Christian self-government were planted and grew into the United States of America! This is an event for the entire family. Reservations are Required More Info: dayspringchristian.com
1) “Gifts That Give Hope” Alternative Gift Fair tomorrow (Saturday Nov. 23) 10am – 4pm at the Farm and Home Center in Lancaster. Over 30 local and global nonprofits gather in a festive atmosphere to make your Christmas experience have an impact on those in need. Food, Coffee and Lots of children’s activities all day,. More Info: giftsthatgivehope.org/lancaster.
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! November 15, 16 & 17, 2013
Music Friday Lancaster, tonight (Friday, Nov. 15th) throughout Downtown Lancaster. Live music the third Friday of every month. More Info: lancastercityevents.com
4) Lancaster Mennonite School Art Show, Barbecue and Concert, tonight (Friday, Nov. 15th) at the Lancaster Campus. Activities also include the Iron Bridge 5k Run/Walk, 3v3 Basketball Tournament, Alumni music performances and Auction. More Info: (717)509-4459
3) Free Concert by Damaskus Road Band at Myerstown Church of the Brethren, Sunday (Nov. 17th) from 6-8PM. An evening of music and testimony with an inspiring message of God’s grace. Love offering will be taken. More Info: 717-866-5517
2) African Community Church of Lancaster is hosting the Mwamba Children’s Choir of Uganda, tomorrow (Sat. Nov. 16th) at 6PM. A love offering will be received. More Info:717 340 1041
1) Pajamarama at Lancaster Public Library. – Sunday, Nov. 17th a 6:45PM. In the mood for some stories before bed? Hop in your pajamas for this evening storytime! Open to all ages. More Info: 717-394-2651
Any donation made online by midnight tonight at extragive.org will be stretched by $300,000 from the Lancaster County Community Foundation and Rodgers & Associates. Last year almost $30,000 was raised in support of WJTL
Tell your friends, show your support for WJTL and GIVE EXTRAORDINARY!
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! November 8, 9, & 10, 2013.
5) Second Friday E-town Tonight (Friday, Nov 8) 5-9pm. Local Artist, Music & Kids Activities in Downtown Elizabethtown. Visit facebook.com/Etown2ndFridays
4) Second Friday Lititz Tonight (Friday, Nov 8) 5-9pm. It’s a Fall Festival Friday in Lititz, featuring food, art, and celebration in downtown Lititz. More Info: lititzpa.com
3) Ichthus Coffeehouse tomorrow (Saturday, Nov 9) at Immanuel Evangelical Free Church of York. from 7-11pm. Music, Board games, and more. Open mic for music or spoken word . More Info: 717-755-2413
2) The 14th Annual Pumpkin Olympics tomorrow (Saturday, Nov. 9) 11am-4pm at Glen Run Valley View Farm in Atglen. Pumpkin chunkin’ team “The Smokin Lamas,” as seen on the Discovery Channel will be on hand. There will be a large variety of Pumpkin games, Pumpkin Decorating & Carving Contest, Pumpkin Pie Eating contest, Pumpkin Races, Special Events, Food, AND the Pumpkin Avalanche. All proceeds benefit the Parkesburg Point youth center. More Info: 610-593-5656
1) A Salute to Veterans tomorrow (Sat Nov 9) from 9-11am at Marticville Middle School in Pequea. Former WGAL Newsman Dick Hoxworth will emcee. The featured Speaker is Larry Alexander – a journalist and military historian who has written a number of books about World War II. All donations go to Keystone Wounded Warriors. More Info:717-291-9854
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND November 1, 2 & 3, 2013
5) Kids Cookie Break will be broadcasting live from Eastland Alpacas of Mt. Joy annual fall open house tomorrow (Sat. Nov. 2nd) from 9AM-Noon. See, Feed & Lead the Alpacas, Take a Wagon Ride and more. Food Stand benefits Hempfield Church of the Brethren Youth Group mission trip. More Info:eastlandalpacas.com
4) Faith Outreach Center, Marietta is having a family fun night tomorrow (Saturday November 2nd) from 4pm-7pm. Hayrides, a bounce house, live music, lots of games, prizes, food and fun. More Info: 717-426-2555
3) Real Life Church Of God in East Petersburg is having a FAll HARVEST PARTY tonight (Nov. 1st) from 6-8PM. Hotdogs, Smores, Hot chocolate, Cookies and Hayride. More Info: 717-560-4030
2) Stehman Memorial United Methodist Church in Millersville, annual Harvest Party tonight (Friday, Nov. 1) at 6:30 p.m.
Food, Candy, Hayrides and children’s games. More Info: 717-872-8668
1) The Sweet Sorrows in concert tonight (Friday, November 1st) at Gallery On Market, West King Street in Lancaster. Singer/songwriter – Matt Wheeler will open the concert. More Info: (717) 892-8239.
The Sweet Sorrows will be in concert again this Sunday (Nov 3rd) at Emmaus Road Cafe, Lincoln Highway East, Lancaster at 7PM. More Info (717) 397-9360