FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! March 28, 29 & 30, 2014
5) Easter Egg Hunt Sunday, (March 30)11:30am-12:30 pm at New Creation Community Church, Emig Mill Road in Dover. Bags with handles will be given to each child to use for the “hunt” and to take home! More Info: 717-764-0252.
4) Imperfect Circle Art Show, tonight (Friday, Mar 28) 5-8pm at St. Mark’s United Methodist Church, Main St. Mount Joy Bobby Wehner and Sarah Way will perform music from the 70s and 80s. Come out to see local art, contribute to a community art canvas,and listen to the brass and guitar collaboration. More Info: Imperfect Circle Facebook page.
3) The Juan Catorce Band in concert Saturday (Mar 29) 7:00p at Emmaus Road Cafe in Lancaster. The Juan Catorce Band is a modern rock band based in Lancaster County. More Info: http://www.emmausroadcafe.org/
2) Internationally known cellist Emilio Colon will perform at Grace Lutheran Church in Lancaster, Sunday (Mar 30) 3pm. He’ll be joined by organist Murray Foreman and Colon’s wife and Ephrata native Cara Elise Colon on Cello for a special performance of Handel’s Sonata in G minor for Two Violins. The concert is free. More Info: (717) 397-2748
1) Signs of Spring Walk, Sunday (March 30, 2014) 2:30-4pm at Nixon County Park, Nixon Drive in York. Search the park’s stream banks and pond for signs of spring.More Info http://www.yorkcountyparks.org
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! March 21, 22 & 23, 2014
5) LBC will host the annual Lancaster County Intercollegiate Band Festival Sunday (March 23) at 7:30pm in the Good Shepherd Chapel, featuring the symphonic bands from Franklin & Marshall College, Millersville University, Elizabethtown College, and Lancaster Bible College. Admission is free, but tickets are required. A donation will be received to help with the cost of the event and a ticket is required. More Info: http://www.lbc.edu/Events/
4) Matt Wheeler & Vintage Heart in Concert – Tonight (Friday, March 21) 6:30-8:30pm at Building Character, North Queen Street in Lancaster. Free Admission and Free Refreshments. Sponsored by the River Valley Music Collective. More info: https://www.facebook.com/rvmco
3) 41st Annual Woodcarving & Wildlife Art Festival, Saturday & Sunday, (March 22nd & 23rd, 2014) Sat. 10am – 5pm &
Sun. 10am – 4pm, At the Millersville University Fitness Center, There is a cost for adults, however Children under 15 are free when accompanied by an adult. This year’s theme is AMERICA FOREVER. More Info: http://lancarvers.com/
2) An evening of music with Phil Joel, formerly of the Newsboys, and solo artist Galen Crew at Grace Fellowship Church, Old Lancaster Pike in Shillington, tonight (March 21) at 7PM. Free admission. Doors open at 6pm. More Info: http://www.222church.com/Concert.html
1) Cavod Dance Company will perform Not of This World tonight (Friday, March 21) at 7 p.m. at Living Waters Theatre in Strasburg. The dance company will share stirring stories about three young adults who overcame extreme adversity. The performance is free. An offering will be taken to support the seven member dance company’s mission trip to serve in Cape Town, Africa. More Info: http://cavodacademy.com/
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! March 14, 15 & 16, 2014
5) A free community breakfast tomorrow (Saturday, March 15) 8:30 AM at St. Jacob’s Lutheran Church in Glen Rock. Pancakes, sausage, bacon, eggs & more. A freewill offering will be received. More Info: 717-235-7146.
4)The 13th Annual Airville Volunteer Fire Company Quilt Sale and Consignment Auction, otherwise known as the Airville”Mud Sale” tomorrw (Saturday, March 15) beginning at 8:30am, Delta Rd in Airville PA. Hundreds of quilts, Longaberger baskets, crafts, furniture, plants, shrubs, Food and more. More Info: 717 862 3723
3) Free Concert for the whole family at Willow Street Preschool featuring Steven Courtney, Tonight (Friday, March 14th) at 6:35PM. The Concert will take place at Willow Street Mennonite Church, East Penn Grant Rd. in Willow Street. More Info: 717-464-2422
2) 2nd Friday – Lovin’ Lititz, tonight (March 14) rain or shine, 5-9pm in downtown Lititz. More Info: lititzpa.com
1) Open Fun Horse Show Series, at Crescendo Training Centre Fairmont Rd. in Ephrata, Sunday (March 16) Featuring demonstrations and classes in Dressage, Jumping, English, Western, Speed classes, and more. The event is free for spectators, donations benefit the Mount Hope Horse Rescue. More Info: (717) 354-5585
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! March 7, 8 & 9, 2014
5) First Friday Lancaster, tonight (Fri. Mar 7) from 5-9pm in Downtown Lancaster, celebrating the arts, music and community in Lancaster every First Friday. More Info: lancasterarts.com
4) Quilt Preview at MCC Material Resources Center tonight and tomorrow Fri & Sat March 7-8) at the MCC Material Resources Center, West Trout Run Road in Ephrata. View 100 quilts on display that will be sold at the Pennsylvania Relief Sale in Harrisburg on April 4 & 5. Quilt fabric, patterns, books and vintage items will be available for purchase benefiting Mennonite Central Committee. More INfo: 717-733-2847
3) Toronto based, Sweet Sorrows (Sammy Horner and wife Kylie) will be in concert Sunday (March 9th) at 7pm at East Petersburg Mennonite Church in Lancaster. Free event, a love offering will be taken. More info: eastpetemc.org
2) Build with LEGO free-style bricks, Architecture Series Models, simple Technic models and play with an electric train tonight, (Fri. Mar 7) from 6:30-8:30PM at Hammel Associates, East Grant St. in Lancaster. More than 15,000 bricks, plates and specialty pieces. More Info: (717) 393-3713
1) Cabin Fever, tomorrow (Sat Mar 8) 11am-2pm – Moore’s Chapel UMC in Elkton, MD. Cabin Fever brings together more than two dozen non-profit, outdoors-minded organizations from three states. Zoos, Parks, Nature Centers, Therapeutic Horseback and more. Admission and every activity, craft or demonstration offered is free. More Info: mooreschapel.org
THIS IS AN EVENING FOR ENCOURAGEMENT TO ENCOURAGE LIFE.
We love babies, and we love their mothers, too. So let’s be sure we show it. Join us for a night of prayer, music, and worship as we cheer on the Life Runners’ A-Cross America Relay and celebrate our local Pregnancy Resource Centers. You’ll also hear about efforts to provide two new Stork Buses that will bring love, hope, and options to women and girls.
Speaker Bob Lenz and recording artist Holly Starr have partnered with Save The Storks to present an evening of encouragement. It’s an opportunity to think through a compassionate, grace-filled lifestyle offering practical help to expectant mothers — mothers who find themselves with questions about their babies and their futures. Join us in these conversations about life.
Proceeds benefit Save the Storks and Susquehanna Valley Pregnancy Services.
Tickets will also be available at the door and are only $10. Get more info here.
Due to the impending storm – The Only Name Tour featuring Big Daddy Weave, Group One Crew and Tim Timmons, scheduled for Manor Church Sunday Night (March 2) has been cancelled. Ticket holders will be contacted about receiving a refund this coming week.
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! February 28, March 1 & 2, 2014
5) “Don’t Forget the Lyrics” Coffee House Style! Tonight (Feb. 28th) at 7PM at Enola First Church of God. Refreshments will be served. Fun, Food, and Fellowship! More Info:717-732-4253
4) The Animal Adventure is coming to Wayfinderz at Wrightsdale Baptist Church, Sunday (March 2nd) at 9AM. Presented with Black Rock Retreat Nature Center for children ages 3 to 6th grade to encounter LIVE ANIMALS up close and learn how God designed each of them. More Info: wayfinderz.com.
3) The 70+ voice One A-Chord Community Choir will lead a time of praise and worship to the Lord at Hephzibah Baptist Church in East Fallowfield Sunday (March 2nd) at 6:00 pm. The choir has been performing at Lancaster County’s National Day of Prayer since 2000. Free admission; a love offering will be taken. More Info: 610.383.0330.
2) Bart Township Auction & Mud Sale, Tomorrow (March 1, 2014) at the Bart Township Fire Company, 11 Furnace Road, Quarryville, Experience a unique slice of Lancaster County life by being a part of a Mud Sale. More Info: 786-3348.
1)Steven Courtney & The Suitcase Musicians will perform an all age concert at Holy Trinity Lutheran Church in Lancaster tomorrow (Sat. March 1st) at 7PM in the Fondersmith Auditorium located in the Parish House. More Info: 717-397-2734
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! February 21, 22 & 23, 2014
5) Join Lisa Kids Cookie Break tomorrow (February 22nd) 9am-noon for the Grand Opening of the new Palmyra Library, in Flightpath Sports Park, Annville!. Meet the Hershey Chocolate Characters, games, crafts, prizes, giveaways, The Cookie Smart Car, Chick-Fil-A Cookies and more. More Info: lclibs.org/palmyra
4) Steven Courtney Family Fun Night Concert at Spring Township Berks Parks and Rec in Sinking Spring, PA, tomorrow (2/22/14 ) 7PM. More info:stevencourtney.com
3) Songbird Cafe, Tonight (February 21) 7-10pm at Otterbein UMC in York. Live music, games, fellowship and more. More Info: at the Songbird Cafe Facebook page.
2) Saint Elouise at Community Room on King, tonight (February 21)7-9pm. The night will include 2 sets by Saint Elouise, an open mic portion and coffee & food. The event is free, a donation will be taken for the band.
1) Worship Night with Jeremiah Coyne tonight (February 21st, 2014) at 7pm at Keystone Church in Paradise. Refreshments to follow. This event is FREE, a free will offering will be taken for Jeremiah’s sister’s YWAM Mission Trip.
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! February 14, 15 & 16 2014
5) Coffee House Ministries – a Ministry of New Birth New Life Ministries in York, this Sunday(Feb. 16th) from 6-8pm. Food, Coffee, Music, Testimonies, and fellowship. Featuring Worship Band – Ransomed Souls. More Info: coffeehouseministries.org
4) The Chocolate Experience: A Taste of Something Sweet -Today (Friday, Feb 14) 11am, At the Lancaster Public Library – Mountville Branch. A discussion of chocolate and a delicious sampling experience. It’s free but tickets are needed. More Info: (717) 285-3231
3) Art and Soul Cafe, tomorrow (Saturday,February 15) 6:30 – 8:30pm, at St. Paul’s United Methodist Church in Mountville. South Side Singers from Lancaster will be the featured performer. This is an event for all ages. Win prizes & listen to music. More Info: stpaulsmtv.com
2) The Westminster Ringers Handbells Choir in concert tomorrow (Saturday Feb. 15th) 7-8pm at Garden Spot Village in New Holland. More Info: gardenspotvillage.org
1) Lititz Fire & Ice Festival – Tonight, Tomorrow and Sunday (Feb 14, 15 & 16) Ice Sculptures, Chili Cook-off, Live Ice Sculpting, Pin Factory Concert Showcase, Dodgeball Tournament, and much more. WJTL Broadcasting Live Tonight! More info: lititzfireandicefestival.com
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! February 7, 8 & 9, 2014
5) First Friday Lancaster, tonight from 5-9pm in Downtown Lancaster, celebrating the arts, music and community in Lancaster every First Friday. More Info: lancasterarts.com
4) Turning Point, a Christian contemporary vocal group of students from Eastern University will present a concert Sunday, (Feb. 9) 7pm at Neffsville Mennonite Church, Lititz Pike, between Lancaster and Lititz.
3) Ichthus Coffeehouse held the second Saturday of every month, tomorrow (Feb. 8th) from 7-11pm at Immanuel Evangelical Free Church of York. Free organic & fair trade coffee and tea, other refreshments, open microphone for music or spoken word, board games and more. More Info: visit the Icthus Coffeehouse Facebook page.
2) Build with LEGO free-style bricks, Architecture Series Models, simple Technic models and play with an electric train tonight, (Fri. Feb. 7th) from 5-8:30PM at Hammel Associates, East Grant St. in Lancaster. More than 15,000 bricks, plates and specialty pieces. More Info: (717) 393-3713
1)Christian Artist and Worship Leader Dave Evans will be speaking at The Church of Cumberland Valley, tomorrow (SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 8TH) and SUNDAY (FEBRUARY 9TH) at 7pm each evening. The church is located at 1704 Fisher Road in Mechanicsburg. More info: (717) 790-9377