FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! February 14, 15 & 16 2014
5) Coffee House Ministries – a Ministry of New Birth New Life Ministries in York, this Sunday(Feb. 16th) from 6-8pm. Food, Coffee, Music, Testimonies, and fellowship. Featuring Worship Band – Ransomed Souls. More Info: coffeehouseministries.org
4) The Chocolate Experience: A Taste of Something Sweet -Today (Friday, Feb 14) 11am, At the Lancaster Public Library – Mountville Branch. A discussion of chocolate and a delicious sampling experience. It’s free but tickets are needed. More Info: (717) 285-3231
3) Art and Soul Cafe, tomorrow (Saturday,February 15) 6:30 – 8:30pm, at St. Paul’s United Methodist Church in Mountville. South Side Singers from Lancaster will be the featured performer. This is an event for all ages. Win prizes & listen to music. More Info: stpaulsmtv.com
2) The Westminster Ringers Handbells Choir in concert tomorrow (Saturday Feb. 15th) 7-8pm at Garden Spot Village in New Holland. More Info: gardenspotvillage.org
1) Lititz Fire & Ice Festival – Tonight, Tomorrow and Sunday (Feb 14, 15 & 16) Ice Sculptures, Chili Cook-off, Live Ice Sculpting, Pin Factory Concert Showcase, Dodgeball Tournament, and much more. WJTL Broadcasting Live Tonight! More info: lititzfireandicefestival.com
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! February 7, 8 & 9, 2014
5) First Friday Lancaster, tonight from 5-9pm in Downtown Lancaster, celebrating the arts, music and community in Lancaster every First Friday. More Info: lancasterarts.com
4) Turning Point, a Christian contemporary vocal group of students from Eastern University will present a concert Sunday, (Feb. 9) 7pm at Neffsville Mennonite Church, Lititz Pike, between Lancaster and Lititz.
3) Ichthus Coffeehouse held the second Saturday of every month, tomorrow (Feb. 8th) from 7-11pm at Immanuel Evangelical Free Church of York. Free organic & fair trade coffee and tea, other refreshments, open microphone for music or spoken word, board games and more. More Info: visit the Icthus Coffeehouse Facebook page.
2) Build with LEGO free-style bricks, Architecture Series Models, simple Technic models and play with an electric train tonight, (Fri. Feb. 7th) from 5-8:30PM at Hammel Associates, East Grant St. in Lancaster. More than 15,000 bricks, plates and specialty pieces. More Info: (717) 393-3713
1)Christian Artist and Worship Leader Dave Evans will be speaking at The Church of Cumberland Valley, tomorrow (SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 8TH) and SUNDAY (FEBRUARY 9TH) at 7pm each evening. The church is located at 1704 Fisher Road in Mechanicsburg. More info: (717) 790-9377
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! January 31, February 1 & 2, 2014
5) The Solid Rock Cafe, tomorrow (Sat Feb 1) 7-9pm located at Mount Zion Road Church of the Brethren, Lebanon. Featuring the band Right to Become, food, coffee, and fellowship. More Info: 717-933-4926
4)Emmaus Road Cafe – Trivia Night, tomorrow (Saturday,Feb 1) 7-10pm. Emmaus Road Cafe, Lancaster hosts its first-ever Trivia Night. Questions will cover a wide range of subjects. More Info: emmausroadcafe.org
3) Junior Art Workshops tomorrow (Sat, Feb 1) at Lancaster Public Library, North Duke St. [Ages 5-7, 10AM-12PM] [Ages 8-10, 1-3PM]Discover contemporary artists, create paper mache masterpieces, and learn watercolor painting. More Info:(717) 394-2651
2) Groundhog Day at the Slumbering Groundhog Lodge in Quarryville- Cold or warm, featuring Octorara Orphie – Sunday, Feb. 2. The 106th observance of Groundhog Day begins at 7am with Coffee & Donuts, Parade, a skit and more.
1) Ephrata Groundhog Day, tomorrow (Saturday, Feb 1) 9am at Ephrata Park in Ephrata. The 12th annual Groundhog Day celebration, featuring Cocalico Cal, a human-sized marmot who walks and talks. Plus a Pageant and Parade and a dip in the Cocalico Creek. More info: (717) 627-1105
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! January 24, 25 & 26, 2014
5) 4th Fridays in Columbia, Marietta and Wrightsville Tonight (Friday , Jan 24) Experience art galleries, antique shops, participating specialty shops and local eateries. Exhibits from local and visiting artists, and more.
4) The 2014 PA Auto Show at the Farm Show Complex Harrisburg. Features the latest models, as well as exotic vehicles and alternative fuel vehicles on display, the Certified Pre-owned Showcase. Sunday (Jan 26) is Family Day when ages 12 and younger are free (with a paying adult). More Info: pafarmshowcomplex.com
3) Kids & Dogs: Making Friends and Staying Safe at the New Cumberland Public Library, Benjamin Plaza – A family interaction presented by Mary Hollis and her golden retriever Molly – Saturday (Jan 25) 1pm. Topics include how to greet a new dog, things kids should and should not do to dogs, and dog’s body language. More Info: newcumberlandlibrary.org
2) Junior Art Workshops tomorrow (Saturday, Jan. 25th) 10am-12pm for Ages 5-7, and 1-3pm for Ages 8-10 at Lancaster Public Library on Duke St. Discover contemporary artists, create paper mache masterpieces, and learn watercolor painting. Each workshop will begin with storytelling and discussions about master artists It’s free but registration is required. More Info : (717) 394-2651
1) Cardboard Derby at Roundtop Mountain Resort, Sunday, (Jan. 26th) – WJTL broadcasting live from 2-6. Check-in begins at 3:00 pm, judging at 4:00 pm. Teams build crazy cardboard creations and ride them down the tubing runs. Adult and youth divisions. This year’s theme is “Candy Rush.” More Info: skiroundtop.com
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! January 17, 18 & 19, 2014
5) The American Music Theatre Band will be performing at the Emmaus Road Cafe tomorrow (Jan. 18th) at 7PM. More Info: www.emmausroadcafe.org
4) Caldecott Mock Vote and Storytime tomorrow (Sat. Jan. 18th) from 10:30-11:30AM at Lancater Public Library. Attenders will pick out books that might win this year’s Caldecott, vote for favorites and create Art projects in the style of past Caldecott-winning artists. It’s Free but Registration is required.More Info: 717-394-2651
3) The 9 Member Schwandt Family Chamber Ensemble will perform tomorrow (Saturday Jan. 18th) at 7PM at Garden Spot Village in New Holland. The program will feature works by Bach, Mozart and Vivaldi. More Info: gardenspotvillage.org/events
2)Children’s author and speaker Bonnie Bedi Siegrist. author of “Little Farm Down the Lane” book series set in rural 1950s Lancaster County is speaking at Emmanuel Baptist Church, Elizabethtown, Sunday, (Jan. 19) from 6 to 7:30 p.m. The session is free, with books available for signing and purchase. More Info: 717-367-7236.
1) Watch Volleyball!!! 12-thousand plus girls volleyball players and families come to Lancaster County for the sixth year of the MLK Kickoff Classic. Games all weekend (Sat Jan 18 thru Mon Jan 20) at Spooky Nook Sports Complex, Conestoga Valley and Warwick high schools, Millersville University, Lancaster Bible College, Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology and Lancaster United Methodist Church. More Info: spookynooksports.com
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! January 10, 11 & 12, 2014
5) Zumbathon – Sunday (JAn 12) 2-5pm at Hosanna Christian Fellowship. 3 hours of Zumba, snacks, door prizes and more. The event is a fundraiser for a local family experiencing large medical bills and facing a Heart Transplant. More Info: 717-925-9761.
4) Icthus Coffeehouse, tomorrow (January 11) 7-11pm at Immanuel Evangelical Free Church of York, 1140 Witmer Road, Free monthly coffeehouse featuring Fair-trade, organic coffee, tea, cocoa, Open mic, Games and fellowship.
3) Second Friday-Lititz, tonight (Jan 10) 5-9pm. Music, Art, Food and More in America’s coolest small town. More Info: lititzpa.com
2) Matt Wheeler will be in concert tomorrow (Saturday, Jan 11) at Emmaus Road Cafe beginning at 7PM. Matt will be featuring songs from his new project – Indigo as well as past favorites. More INfo: www.emmausroadcafe.org
1) Kids Cookie Break Broadcasting Live at Lancaster Bible College tomorrow (Saturday January 11) 9am to noon for a preview of LBC’s “Seussical the Musical.” Meet the cast, eat cookies, Get your picture taken with Lisa and the Cookie Car and request songs! The event is located in the Good Shepard Chapel: 901 Eden Rd, Lancaster.
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! December 20, 21 & 22, 2013
5) Journey to Bethlehem’ live nativity tours at Trinity United Methodist Church in New Freedom. Tomorrow (Saturday, December 21st) 5-8pm. Meet characters along the road, visit the Bethlehem marketplace, talk with the shepherds and witness the birth of baby Jesus! Tours will run every 20 minutes. Cookies and hot chocolate will be available before and after your tour. More Info: 717-235-2544
4) Drive Thru Nativity at Cornerstone Christian Church in Duncannon tonight and tomorrow (Friday, Dec 20 & Saturday Dec 21) from 6:30-8:30PM. More Info: 717-834-4641
3) LIVE NATIVITY – “Stable in Bethlehem” at Willow Street Mennonite Church in Willow Street. Presentations every ½ hour 5:30-8:30pm tomorrow and Sunday (Dec. 21 & 22) FREE EVENT! More Info: willowstreetmennonite.com.
2) Matt Maher, Audrey Assad and Tim Timmons will bring The Advent of Christmas Worship Tour in concert to the Worship Center, tomorrow and Sunday (December 21 & 22) There are NO TICKETS and NO CHARGE! You are encouraged to come early because a full house is expected. Saturday 7:30pm and Sunday Morning 9am and 10:30am. More Info: www.worshipcenter.com
1) Join John Shirk and the WJTL Road Crew as they broadcast live from Journey with Jesus: Live Nativity. Walk through a rustic barn and experience the story of Jesus from birth to resurrection tomorrow (Saturday, December 21st) from 6 to 8pm at Ed’s Landscaping – 2623 North Market Street, Elizabethtown, All proceeds will be donated to WJTL. More information: 717-367-1006
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! December 13, 14 & 15, 2013
5) “Love Came Down” Live Nativity, tonight (Fri. Dec. 13th) from 6-8pm at Faith United Church of Christ in York. Actors, Sheep, goats, a cow and a donkey round out the cast. This is an outdoor experience about 20 minutes long so dress warmly. Light refreshments indoors at the end. More Info: 717-843-8991
4) The Christian School of York Crusader Singers will be ministering by singing carols outside the new location for Lifeway Christian Store, Concord Road, York) tonight (Friday, December 13) from 6-8pm. More info: 717-767-6842
3) Middlesex United Methodist Church in Carlisle will be hosting it’s fourth annual Hayride to Bethlehem tonight (Friday December 13th) from 6-9pm and tomorrow (Saturday December 14th) from 4-8pm. The event will feature several scenes of the Christmas story with musicians, animals, and interactive actors. Free hot chocolate and cookies will be available at the end. More Info: 717-249-2449
2) Save The Storks Christmas shopping fundraiser tomorrow (Sat. Dec. 14th) at The Junction Center in Manheim from 10AM-3PM. Bring a canned good and win prizes. Save the Storks helps women save their babies. More Info: 717.461.1107
1) Join John Shirk and the WJTL Road Crew as they broadcast live from Journey with Jesus: Live Nativity. Walk through a rustic barn and experience the story of Jesus from birth to resurrection tomorrow (Saturday, December 14th) from 6 to 8pm at Ed’s Landscaping – 2623 North Market Street, Elizabethtown, All proceeds will be donated to WJTL. More information: 717-367-1006
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! Dec 6, 7 & 8, 2013
5) “Follow the Star” Live Nativity Sunday (Dec. 8th) from 5-7pm at St. Peter’s Lutheran Church in York. Six live scenes with live animals, Live entertainment, hot chocolate, coffee & cookies. More Info: 717-854-0589
4) The Cleona Community Tree Lighting will be held at Immanuel UMC in Cleona tomorrow (Saturday, December 7) at 6:30 p.m. There will be a Zoo America show, hot chocolate, cookies & carol singing in the Fellowship Hall. The tree lighting ceremony will be on the front lawn of the church, with candle lighting. More info: 717-272-8663.
3) Kids Cookie Break Broadcasting Live at Chick-Fil-A’s Second Birthday Celebration tomorrow (Saturday, Dec 7) from 9am til noon at their Route 30, Lancaster Location across from Rockvale Square. Cookies, the Cookie Car, Games, Prizes and Lisa Landis! More Info: WJTL.com
2) Journey To Bethlehem – The Christmas Story tonight (Dec 6) & tomorrow (Saturday, Dec. 7) 5:45 to 8:30p at Woodcrest Retreat in Ephrata. Dramatic actors, a live nativity with real animals. More Info: www.woodcrestretreat.org (SORRY, WE THOUGHT THIS WAS A FREE EVENT. IT IS NOT. THERE IS A COST)
1) Friendship Community Christmas Drama tonight (Fri. Dec. 6th) from 7-8:30PM at Hempfield Church of the Brethren in Manheim. More Info: www.friendshipcommunity.net
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! Nov 29, 30 & Dec 1, 2013
5) Coffee House Ministries in York, Sunday (Dec. 1st) 6-8pm. Coffee, food, testimonies and Worship Band Ransomed Souls! More Info: coffeehouseministries.org
4) Matt Wheeler & Vintage Heart in concert tomorrow (Nov. 30th) at 7pm at The Emmaus Road Cafe in Lancaster. More INfo: emmausroadcafe.org
3) The Gospel Choir from the J.P. McCaskey High School will be in concert at Emmanuel’s House of Prayer, Healing and Hope in Reinholds, Sunday, (December 1), at 7pm. A free-will offering will be taken. More Info: 717-336-2937
2) Holiday Model Railroad Open House Grand Opening Tomorrow (Saturday Nov. 30th) at Garden Spot Village in New Holland. The interactive exhibit includes an O-gauge display and an HO-gauge display with more than 600 feet of main line track, a talking Thomas the Tank Engine and more. More INfo: 717-355-6000
1) Lancaster Mayor’s Tree Lighting and Tuba Christmas on tonight (Friday, Nov 29) 5-10:30pm, Penn Square, Lancaster. Caroling, Huge Tuba Choir, Lighting of the Christmas Tree and more surround this annual event. More Info: Lancastercityevents.com