FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! August 8, 9 & 10, 2014
5) Elizabethtown Art Walk tonight 5-9p and tomorrow 11am-5pm (Friday and Saturday Aug 8 & 9) in Downtown Elizabethtown. 33 Artists and 22 Locations, live music, food and Children’s Activities. More Info: VisitElizabethtownPA.com
4) Mountville Lawn Concert Series, Sunday (Aug 10) 6:30pm on the lawn of Mountville Church of the Brethren. The US Army Field Band Soldiers Chorus will perform.Bring a lawn chair. More Info: mountvillecob.org
3) Kitchen Kettle 60th Anniversary Celebration tomorrow (Saturday, August 9th) a 1950’s dance demo by Beyond Dancing, Hula Hoop Contest , music from Pocketful of Soul, Kitchen Kettle trivia and more. More Info: kitchenkettle.com
2) The Ichthus Coffeehouse tomorrow (Saturday, August 9)from 7 to 11 pm at Immanuel Evangelical Free Church of York. Featured artist – Mike Lewis, Open mic for music or spoken word, board games, and free WiFi. IEFC is located at 1140 Witmer Road in York. More Info: 717-755-2413
1) Cavod Academy of the Arts OPEN HOUSE tomorrow (Saturday, August 9) from 9am-2pm. Tour Cavod’s dance studios, free snacks, enter to win door prizes, meet the instructors and learn about Cavod’s dance, gymnastics, music and theatre classes. Lisa and Kids Cookie Break Broadcasting Live 9am-noon.More Info: CavodAcademy.com
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! August 1, 2 & 3, 2014
5) Coffee House Ministries, a Christ centered Coffee House located at New Birth New Life Ministries in York, Sunday (August 3) 6-8pm.
Food, Coffee, Music Testimonies, fellowship and worship Featuring Worship Band – Ransomed Souls! More Info: coffeehouseministries.org
4) Steelstown Community Picnic tomorrow (Sat. Aug. 2nd) from 3-9pm at St. John’s Evangelical Congregational Church in Lebanon Church Grove. Zoo America presents “Paws, Claws, Scales and Tails at 4PM, plus a children’s Bible animal lesson and scavenger hunt at 5PM and Soul Purpose concert at 5:30 & 7PM. Food, games, face painting and more. Bring lawn chairs. More Info: 717-534-1349
3) Free LEGO Building Party tonight (Friday, Aug 1) 5-8:30pm at Hammel Associates Architects, Lancaster, PA. More than 15,000 bricks, plates and specialty pieces to build with, including New FRIENDS and CITY series. More Info: (717) 393-3713
2) First Friday Lancaster, tonight (Friday, Aug 1) 5-9pm
Celebrate Art, Music and the Community of Lancaster. Galleries, museums, artist studios, Music and more. More Info: http://www.lancastercityevents.com
1) Community Day at Rapho Township Park tomorrow (Saturday, August 2) 4-8pm. Bible stories, This Way Up Band, Mechanical bull ride, face painting, childrens crafts, games, barrel train rides, soft serve ice cream, hamburgers and hotdogs. More Info: http://www.erismanmennonitechurch.org
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! July 25, 26 & 27, 2014
5) Lebanon Valley Brethren Home Auction and Chicken Barbecue tonight & tomorrow (Friday, July 25 & Saturday, July 26) beginning at 5pm on Friday and 7am on Saturday in Paylmyra. Car & Tractor Show, Kids Area, Music, Auction and Lisa Landis & Kids Cookie Break Broadcasting Live tomorrow 9am to noon. More info: LVBH.org
4)8th Annual Summer Fest celebration tomorrow (Saturday, July 26) from 10am-3:30pm at Flinchbaugh’s Orchard and Farm Market, Ducktown Road., Hellam. Free Admission. Wagon rides, face painting, games, farm photo scavenger hunt, 5 acre Corn Maze, York County Dairy Princesses and a friendly calf for children to meet as well. More Info: flinchbaughsorchard.com
3) Petra’s Fifth Annual Cruise In Sunday (July 27th) from 1-5pm at Petra Christian Fellowship. Admission is FREE, and all cars, trucks and motorcycles are welcome. No REGISTRATION is required. Music, door prizes, and lots of fun! More Info: www.petracf.org
2) The First Annual Youth SummerFest tomorrow (Saturday, July 26) Hoffer Park in Middletown from 1-6pm. Music from the band Scarlet White, and hip hop artist Justin Drish. There will also be a SKATE PARK set up with open skate, as well as demos from a local skate park ministry. FREE MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS will be given away to help promote the Living Life Community Center in Middletown. FREE FOOD too. More Info: www.youthsummerfest.org
1) Yahweh Music Festival, tomorrow (Saturday, July 26) at Codorus State Park in York from 9am-8pm. 10 hours of music provided by 10 bands from Pennsylvania, Maryland and Delaware. Pack a picnic lunch, grab your blanket and/or lawnchairs and spend the day. This is a free community event but donations will be accepted. More Info: YawehMusicFestival Facebook page.
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! July 18, 19 & 20, 2014
5) Holiday Hope’s 3rd Annual Christmas in July, tomorrow (Saturday, July 19) 8am – 3pm at the Willow Street Fire Company. Face Painting, Kid’s Dance Party, Balloon Animals, Santa, Silent Auction, Carnival & more. Holiday Hope supplies Christmas Gifts and meals to families in need. More info: http://www.holidayhopelancasterpa.com
4) The BIG Event, sponsored by the Bible Fellowship Church of Ephrata, Sunday (July 20) 6-7:30pm at Tom Grater Park in Ephrata. FREE food, games, inflatables, pony rides, candy scramble and more. More Info: www.ephratabfc.com
3) FREE Community Evening in the Park Sunday (July 20th) from 5-9pm at West Earl Community Park in Talmage. Food, games, barrel train, twist carts, 8-man bike, prizes, supper, popcorn, ice cream machine, short program with kids songs, and the movie showing on a blow-up screen. Sponsored by the churches in Brownstown. More Info: 717-738-0508
2) PRAISE JAM 2014 tomorrow (Saturday, July 19) 6-10pm at
at Ephrata Church of the Nazarene. This years bands will be Ephrata Nazarene Worship Team, Damaskus Road from Lebanon and Reamstown Church of God Worship Team. This is an indoor even. The event is free however the cafe’ will be open and all proceeds will go to the Susquehanna Valley Pregnancy Center. More Info: ephratanazarene.org
1) Family Movie Night Tonight (Fri. July 18th) at 7PM at The Junction Center Tent in Manheim. Pedal Cars from 6-7PM. The Movie is free but tickets are needed. For More Info on which Movie it is and for tickets Click on the Junction Center tab at WJTL.com
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! July 11, 12 & 13, 2014
5) Historic Marietta Professional Bike Race & Kids’ Bike Race, tomorrow, (Saturday, July 12) 11:30am-3:30pm , Kids’ bike race, children’s games and activities followed by a professional bike race through the streets of historic Marietta. More Info: 717-381-1187
4) 33rd Annual New Holland Band Car Show, Sunday (July 13th) from 11am-3PM at New Holland Community Park. Classic cars and other unique motor vehicles on display. Music will provided by The New Holland Band Jazz Combo and 16 piece Show band. Bring your lawn chair. More Info: newhollandband.org
3) Servant Stage Company is presenting a patriotic tribute to Broadway & Barbershop, Standards & Swing, Gospel Spirituals andmore, featuring a cast of 8 singer/dancer/musicians celebrating America’s history, culture, and traditions. Tonight (Friday, July 11) 7pm at Garden Spot Village and Sunday (July 13th) 7pm at New Providence Church of God. More Info: servantstagecompany.com
2) Leola Community Water Slide Day at Zion Lutheran of Leola tomorrow (Saturday, July 12) noon -4 pm. Free food, fun, & 4 Huge Waterslides. More Info: zionleola.org
1) White Horse Fire Company 100th Anniversary Community Celebration, tomorrow (Saturday, July 12) 10:30am-8pm. Candy Drop, Barrel Train Rides, & Ryan & Friends. More Info: whitehorsefire.org
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! June 27, 28 & 29, 2014
5) 34th Annual Antique, Art & Craft Show in Columbia, tomorrow (Saturday, June 28) 9am – 3pm at Locust Street Park. Over 200 vendors – crafts, antiques, food and entertainment. Free parking & free shuttle service at Glatfelter Field. Rain or shine. More Info: 717-684-5249.
4) Music In The Orchard Picnic at the Hans Herr House & Museum tomorrow (Saturday, June 28) 6pm – Music from Appalachian and traditional folk band Dearest Home and local artist Angela Michele Walker. Rain or Shine, bring your lawn chairs. More Info: (717) 464-4438
3) Huffnagle Park Summer Music Series, tomorrow (Saturday, June 28) 7pm at Huffnagle Park – Quarryville. Kids night featuring Miss Katie and jugglers – The DKers. More info:huffnaglepark.org
2) 35th Annual New Holland Summer Arts Festival Kickoff – tomorrow (Saturday, June 28) at New Holland Community Memorial Park on Jackson Street – Arts & Crafts beginning at 9am, Mark Cable in Concert at 7pm. More Info: newhollandsummerarts.org
1) Celebrate Lancaster all day today beginning at 11:30am in downtown Lancaster – showcasing the cultures and diversity of of Lancaster City. Food vendors, local crafts. & Two stages of music at Binns Park and Penn Square, featuring a variety of sounds including bluegrass, Latino, R&B, rock n’ roll and more. Fireworks to close the event at 10pm. More Info:lancastercityevents.com
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! June 20, 21 & 22, 2014
5) Family Movie Night at The Junction Center in Manheim, tonight (Fri. June 20th) at 7PM. Doors open at 6PM – Pedal Cars to ride before the movie. More Info: thejunctioncenter.com
4) Veritas 3rd Friday Coffeehouse & Open Mic Night with featured performer Angela Michele Walker tonight (Friday, June 20) 7pm. Open mic, coffee, food and more.More Info: http://www.facebook.com/CommunityRoomonKing
3) Kids Cookie Break live at Shady Maple tomorrow (Sat. June 21) 9am – noon. Games, giveaways, door prizes, song requests and fun – live from Shady Maple! More Info: kidscookiebreak.com
2) 10th Annual Cruisin’ Columbia Car Show tomorrow (Sat. June 21st)10am-3pm on Locust Street in downtown Columbia. Walk down memory lane with vintage cars, music, food & more. Admission for spectators is free. More Info: 717-684-5249
1) Central Penn Parent Family Favorites Festival tomorrow (Sat. Jun 21, 2014) 10am-4pm at Long’s Park Lancaster. Live music, animals, bounce houses, storytime corner and free child friendly activities. Princess and Superhero Parades. Steven Courtney & The Suitcase Musicians in concert at 11:30am and 1:30pm. More Info: http://familyfavoritesfestival.com/lancaster/
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! June 13, 14 & 15, 2014
5) Lovin’ Lititz Every Second Friday, tonight (Friday June 13th) from 5pm-9pm in Downtown Lititz. Family activities and free entertainment – rain or shine. More Info: 717-626-6332
4) 2014 Annual Community Bash tomorrow (Saturday, June 14) 11am -3pm at St. Paul Lutheran Church, Trinity Rd in York. Music, Games, Art Pavillion, Bounce House, Service Vehicles, Old Fashioned Cake Walks and more! More Info: http://www.saintpaul-trinity.org/
3) FREE Kids Carnival tomorrow (Saturday June 14th) from 10AM-2PM at St. John’s UMC, Firehouse Rd in Grantville. FREE games, Fish Pond, Spin Art, Bean Bag Toss, Bouncy House, and more. FREE food hot dogs, cotton candy, snow cones, popcorn, and drinks. More Info: http://www.grantvilleumc.org
2) Harvest Bible Chapel Lancaster will hold Family Fest at WJTL’s Junction Center Tent in Manheim On Sunday (June 15) beginning at 9AM with family festivities for all ages including inflatables, pedal cars, motorcycles, and classic cars. At 10:30AM, there will be a worship and celebration service featuring the worship band from Harvest Bible Chapel Chicago and devotional thoughts from Senior Pastor Jamie Mitchell. The event is open to the public and will be held rain or shine.
1) 15 annual Motorsports Show & BBQ tomorrow (Saturday, June 14)at LCBC Church, Manheim from 9am-2pm. The event is free to vehicle exhibitors and spectators and features muscle cars, street rods, new & antique cars and motorcycles, scooters, trucks, RC cars, airplanes and helicopters.This family event has vehicles, food, prizes & more. More Info:LCBCChurch.com.
FRED MCNAUGHTON – Please vote for WJTL in the 2014 Readers’ Choice Awards sponsored by the Lancaster Newspapers Inc. WJTL is up for Favorite Radio Station and The Junction Center for Favorite Venue AND we’d be honored to have your vote for both!
Look for the Favorite Radio Category in Miscellaneous and the Favorite Concert Venue Category in Leisure.
Voting ends at midnight this Sunday, June 15! Fill out all of the pertinent information so that your vote is counted! Results will be published in the Sunday News on August 24th.
Let everyone know that WJTL and The Junction Center are your favorites!