FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! May 9, 10 & 11, 2014
5) Calvary Bible Church Block Party, tomorrow (Saturday, May 10th) from noon-3pm, 629 Union School Road, Mount Joy. Food, games, train barrel rides, crafts, petting zoo, bounce house, prizes and more. More Info: 717-653-5857.
4) The Kraybill Benefit Auction & Fair tonight (Friday, May 9) and tomorrow (Saturday, May 10) at Lancaster Mennonite School – Kraybill campus. Mechanical Bull Ride, Inflatable Obstacle Course, Dunk Tank, Pedal Carts, Face Painting and more. More Info: www.kraybillauction.com
3) Fore Change – Putting an End to Hunger in Haiti Miniature Golf Tournament & Family Fun Day, tomorrow (Saturday, May 10) at Heritage Hills Golf Resort in York. Bounce House, Face Painting, Steven Courtney Concert. and more. More info:forechange.org
2) Friendship Community’s Fest and Auction tonight (Friday, May 9) and tomorrow (Saturday, May 10th) on the grounds of Friendship Community, East Oregon Rd, Lititz, with a Pancake and sausage breakfast, kids activities by Cherry Crest Adventure Farm, Friday Night Steven Courtney & The Suitcase Musicians Concert and More. More Info: www.friendshipcommunity.net
1) Susquehanna Valley Pregnancy Services Walk Plus for Life, tomorrow (Sat. May 10th) at Calvary Church in Lancaster and South Hills Park, Lebanon . Registration begins at 7:30am. Walk, 5K Run, Motorcycle Ride, Kids’ Zones, Kids’ Stage, Chicken BBQ! More Info: http://www.svps.org/
Congratulations to WJTL, Kids Cookie Break, and host Lisa Landis – winner of The Pennsylvania Association of Broadcasters Excellence in Broadcasting Radio Judges Merit Award for The Kids Cookie Break Fest 2013. On Monday (May 5) Fred, Lisa and Kristi attended the annual gathering of Pennsylvania Broadcasters and received the award during a special ceremony at the Hotel Hershey.
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! May 2, 3 & 4, 2014
5) Saturday In the Park, tomorrow (Saturday, May 3) 11am-6pm at the Freedom Memorial Park, Millersville, rain or shine. Free carnival-style games, Steven Courtney and The Suitcase Musicians. Bring your lawn chairs and blankets and enjoy a fun afternoon. More Info: 717-393-7308
4) Ready, Set, Explore: A Backyard Adventure with Curious George, tomorrow (Saturday, May 3) 9am-11am at Lancaster County Environmental Center. Designed for ages 3-8, kids will meet Curious George and discover science by exploring animal habitats & tracks, observing plants & insects, learning about weather & wind, and creating tools to explore with at home. All family members welcome.
3) 6th Annual Penn Township-Pleaseant View Community Day tomorrow (Saturday, May 3rd) Rain or Shine – 9am-2pm, Penryn Road, Manheim. 5K Run, food, entertainment, craft fair, and community organizations. More Info: https://www.pleasantviewrc.org
2) One A-Chord in Concert, Sunday (May 4) 6:30pm-8:30pm at Calvary Monument Bible Church in Paradise. An evening of praise & worship with One A-Chord, the Lancaster County National Day of Prayer Choir. Admission is free; a love offering will be taken. More Info: www.calvarymonument.org
1) The Rafiki Africa Festival & 5K run/walk tomorrow (Saturday, May 3) 9am – 1pm on the grounds of the Lancaster County Christian School, New Holland Pk, Lancaster. African food, dancing and drumming, crafts, a fashion show, and MORE. Kids Cookie Break Broadcasting live. More Info: https://www.rafikiafrica.org/african-festival-2014
IMPORTANT DETAILS FOR EVERYONE ATTENDING
The Lancaster National Day of Prayer events are at a new location this year:
The Junction Center! All attenders are asked to park at Roots Country Market & Auction – 705 Graystone Rd., Manheim. Only those with Handicap Parking credentials will be permitted to park in The Junction Center Parking Lot.
The Evening Program and Main Event
6pm-8:30pm – Celebration of Prayer
Worship Concert by the 100-voice NDP Choir
Keynote Speaker – Joni Eareckson Tada
WJTL and WDAC will be broadcasting Joni’s talk live, on the air, for those unable to attend.
The Afternoon Program for those with Disabilities
2:30pm -3:30pm -Concert of Prayer
This is exclusively for those with disabilities (and their caregivers), who are invited to experience an intimate and meaningful time of prayer and worship with Joni Eareckson Tada. Since this one-hour private meeting will be focused on individuals with disabilities we ask the rest of the community to respect this special time of ministry by not attending, and instead attend the Evening Program. Thank You.
The program will be held in The Junction Center Ampitheatre with limited covered seating, so please bring a lawn chair or blanket.
For a complete schedule, prayer guide, youth edition, motorcycle ride and all the complete information about the events surrounding this Thursday’s National Day of Prayer Events in Lancaster please visit LancasterNDP.com
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! April 25, 26 & 27, 2014
5) Manheim Christian Day 38th Annual Benefit Auction & Family Fun Days, tonight (Friday, April 25) and tomorrow (Saturday, April 26) at the school, Lebanon Rd., Manheim. Kids Activities, Helicopter Candy Drop, Chicken Barbecue, Buffet Breakfast, Auction and more. More Info: ManheimChristian.org
4) Clarinet Quartet Superb – Central Pennsylvania’s only professional performing clarinet quartet,will perform at Garden Spot Village tomorrow (Saturday April 26) at 7pm. More Info: gardenspotvillage.org
3) PUREhope Coffeehouse tomorrow (Saturday, April 26) 6:30 -10pm at St. Peter’s Evangelical Lutheran Church. A benefit coffeehouse for Abolition International and Blood:Water Mission to support the organizations. Live entertainment provided throughout the evening by Jonathan Frazier, the Elizabethtown College Clarinet Ensemble, Seasons, and friends.
2) Miles For Martins Cross Country 5K Miles Cross Country Run/Walk that benefits the Martin Family Education Trust. It offers hope to the four children survived by Wes and Liz Martin by raising funds in an effort to provide a fundamental education for the children to grow and succeed in life. Miles 4 Martins begins and ends at Lancaster Catholic High School Stadium. Rain or shine. More Info: miles4martins.com
1) Sahd Salvage Earth Day Event tomorrow (Saturday, April 26) Lisa and Kids Cookie Break Live from 9am to noon, Aluminum Can donations benefit WJTL! Scrap Yard Tours, Recycling Organizations, Composting Shows. http://recycleyourmetal.com/
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! April 11, 12 & 13, 2014
5) The Conservatory of Music Youth Orchestra and String Section will perform a free concert tomorrow (Saturday, April 12th) at The Trust Performing Arts Center in downtown Lancaster beginning at 7pm. More Info: L-C-M-I-N-C-PA.org
4)The “Hand’s 4 Him” Puppet Ministry Team will present the Easter musical “Countdown to Easter”, Sunday (April 13th) from 4-5pm at Mountville Church of the Brethren, Clay Street in Mountville. Light refreshments will be served afterwards. More info: Mountvillecob.org
3) Grace Baptist Church of Lancaster annual Easter Celebration and Egg Hunt tomorrow (Saturday, April 12th) from 10:00-noon. Activities for infants through kids in 6th grade will include a Bounce House, games, crafts, prizes, the Easter story, and an egg hunt.
2) A Gospel Music Extravaganza Concert to Celebrate the 91st Birthday of the Crispus Attucks Community Center, Sunday (April 13) 4pm at Brightside Baptist Church, Hershey Ave, Lancaster. More Info: 717 394-6604
1) FREE EASTER EGG HUNT with OVER 40,000 EGGS!!! for kids from birth to 12 years old (Food, games, & entertainment for kids of all ages!) tomorrow (Saturday, April 12) at New Life Church , Old Philadelphia Pike, Lancaster. Registration and entertainment begin at 9am. Egg hunt begins at 10am! Pre-Register online at www.newlifelancaster.org
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! April 4, 5 & 6, 2014
5) Calvary Bible Church of Hanover will host Liberty University’s traveling team, Sounds of Liberty, in concert,Sunday, April 6, 10:30 AM. The vocal and instrumental group performs hundreds of concerts annually. More Info: www.cbc-hanover.org
4) Spring Eggstravaganza, tomorrow (April 5) from 8:30am-1pm at St. Jacob’s Lutheran Church in Glen Rock. Egg Hunt and Easter Children’s Program. More Info: 717-235-7313.
3) First Friday Lancaster, tonight (Fri. Apr 4) from 5-9pm in Downtown Lancaster, celebrating the arts, music and community in Lancaster every First Friday. More Info: lancasterarts.com
2) Scarlet Steps, tonight (Friday, April 4) from 4-9pm at The Trust Performing Arts Center in Lancaster. Harvest Lancaster is presenting an art exhibit featuring local artists expressing the gospel through various creative mediums, including live music on. More Info: www.scarletsteps.com
1) The North Museum of Natural History and Science and Lancaster General Health are having a free admission day featuring the interactive health exhibit “Eat, Well, Play Well” tomorrow, (Saturday, April 5) from10am – noon. There’s long list of area folks who will be dishing up fun for families and they will have samples. More Info: northmuseum.org
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! March 28, 29 & 30, 2014
5) Easter Egg Hunt Sunday, (March 30)11:30am-12:30 pm at New Creation Community Church, Emig Mill Road in Dover. Bags with handles will be given to each child to use for the “hunt” and to take home! More Info: 717-764-0252.
4) Imperfect Circle Art Show, tonight (Friday, Mar 28) 5-8pm at St. Mark’s United Methodist Church, Main St. Mount Joy Bobby Wehner and Sarah Way will perform music from the 70s and 80s. Come out to see local art, contribute to a community art canvas,and listen to the brass and guitar collaboration. More Info: Imperfect Circle Facebook page.
3) The Juan Catorce Band in concert Saturday (Mar 29) 7:00p at Emmaus Road Cafe in Lancaster. The Juan Catorce Band is a modern rock band based in Lancaster County. More Info: http://www.emmausroadcafe.org/
2) Internationally known cellist Emilio Colon will perform at Grace Lutheran Church in Lancaster, Sunday (Mar 30) 3pm. He’ll be joined by organist Murray Foreman and Colon’s wife and Ephrata native Cara Elise Colon on Cello for a special performance of Handel’s Sonata in G minor for Two Violins. The concert is free. More Info: (717) 397-2748
1) Signs of Spring Walk, Sunday (March 30, 2014) 2:30-4pm at Nixon County Park, Nixon Drive in York. Search the park’s stream banks and pond for signs of spring.More Info http://www.yorkcountyparks.org
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! March 21, 22 & 23, 2014
5) LBC will host the annual Lancaster County Intercollegiate Band Festival Sunday (March 23) at 7:30pm in the Good Shepherd Chapel, featuring the symphonic bands from Franklin & Marshall College, Millersville University, Elizabethtown College, and Lancaster Bible College. Admission is free, but tickets are required. A donation will be received to help with the cost of the event and a ticket is required. More Info: http://www.lbc.edu/Events/
4) Matt Wheeler & Vintage Heart in Concert – Tonight (Friday, March 21) 6:30-8:30pm at Building Character, North Queen Street in Lancaster. Free Admission and Free Refreshments. Sponsored by the River Valley Music Collective. More info: https://www.facebook.com/rvmco
3) 41st Annual Woodcarving & Wildlife Art Festival, Saturday & Sunday, (March 22nd & 23rd, 2014) Sat. 10am – 5pm &
Sun. 10am – 4pm, At the Millersville University Fitness Center, There is a cost for adults, however Children under 15 are free when accompanied by an adult. This year’s theme is AMERICA FOREVER. More Info: http://lancarvers.com/
2) An evening of music with Phil Joel, formerly of the Newsboys, and solo artist Galen Crew at Grace Fellowship Church, Old Lancaster Pike in Shillington, tonight (March 21) at 7PM. Free admission. Doors open at 6pm. More Info: http://www.222church.com/Concert.html
1) Cavod Dance Company will perform Not of This World tonight (Friday, March 21) at 7 p.m. at Living Waters Theatre in Strasburg. The dance company will share stirring stories about three young adults who overcame extreme adversity. The performance is free. An offering will be taken to support the seven member dance company’s mission trip to serve in Cape Town, Africa. More Info: http://cavodacademy.com/
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! March 14, 15 & 16, 2014
5) A free community breakfast tomorrow (Saturday, March 15) 8:30 AM at St. Jacob’s Lutheran Church in Glen Rock. Pancakes, sausage, bacon, eggs & more. A freewill offering will be received. More Info: 717-235-7146.
4)The 13th Annual Airville Volunteer Fire Company Quilt Sale and Consignment Auction, otherwise known as the Airville”Mud Sale” tomorrw (Saturday, March 15) beginning at 8:30am, Delta Rd in Airville PA. Hundreds of quilts, Longaberger baskets, crafts, furniture, plants, shrubs, Food and more. More Info: 717 862 3723
3) Free Concert for the whole family at Willow Street Preschool featuring Steven Courtney, Tonight (Friday, March 14th) at 6:35PM. The Concert will take place at Willow Street Mennonite Church, East Penn Grant Rd. in Willow Street. More Info: 717-464-2422
2) 2nd Friday – Lovin’ Lititz, tonight (March 14) rain or shine, 5-9pm in downtown Lititz. More Info: lititzpa.com
1) Open Fun Horse Show Series, at Crescendo Training Centre Fairmont Rd. in Ephrata, Sunday (March 16) Featuring demonstrations and classes in Dressage, Jumping, English, Western, Speed classes, and more. The event is free for spectators, donations benefit the Mount Hope Horse Rescue. More Info: (717) 354-5585