Five Fun Free Family Things To Do This Weekend – May 8-10, 2015
5. The Underground Skate Park, an outdoor portable skate park, will be at Trinity Lutheran Church in Mechanicsburg tomorrow (Saturday, May 9) from 10am-4pm. Skaters 10 and over can ride on ramps, rails and kickers. Youth on skateboards, scooters and roller blades welcome. Helmets a must, riders will have access to loaners. Lunch provided. More Info & Downloadable Waiver available at: www.undergroundskatepark.org
4. All you can eat pig roast and auction tomorrow (Saturday, May 9) from 3pm-9:30pm at Lancaster Mennonite School’s – Kraybill Campus outside of Mount Joy. Entertainment for the kids; BERG go-carts, face painting, and an outdoor movie at 8:30 pm. Quilts, vacation getaways, gift items and housewares to be auctioned to support Kraybill school. Hess’s Barbecue and the famous strawberry pie desserts available! More Info:
3. Hershey Christian School Spring Benefit Auction (tomorrow, Saturday May 9) 9am-3pm. Sports memorabilia, quilts, plants, a signed Hershey Bears jersey, X-box 360, and much more! All proceeds benefit the school’s general fund. Open Gym for the kids. More Info: hersheychristian.org
2. Friendship Community 22nd Annual Fest & Auction tonight and tomorrow (Friday and Saturday, May 8 and 9).Family fun & fellowship. Live Music Friday night. Plants & Flowers , Food & baked goods, and Much More! Proceeds benefit the ministry of Friendship Community. More Info: http://www.friendshipcommunity.net/events
1. SVPS 5k Run and Walk for Life, tomorrow (Sat. May 9) 7:30am-1pm at 2 locations – Calvary Church in Lancaster and South Hills Park in Lebanon. Join with hundreds of believers across Lancaster and Lebanon counties to uphold the sacredness of human life and support the ministry of SVPS. Walk, 5K Run, Kids’ Zones, Kids’ Stage featuring Steven Courtney, Phredd and Jesse Rothacker and Forgotten Friend Reptiles. Lisa and Kids Cookie Break broadcasting live in Lancaster and Fred and WJTL broadcasting live in Lebanon. More Info: http://www.svps.org/
We are pleased to share the good news that WJTL won two Pennsylvania Association of Broadcasting 2015 Awards for Excellence in Broadcasting. OUTSTANDING RADIO PROMOTIONAL CONTEST – for the WJTL TALENT CHALLENGE 2014” and “OUTSTANDING STATION SPONSORED EVENT – for KIDS COOKIE BREAK FEST 2014”
Lisa and Kristi attended this year’s award Banquet at the Hotel Hershey and accepted the awards during the ceremony.
Five Fun Free Family Things to do This Weekend May 1-3, 2015
5) Lancaster Artwalk – celebrating art and independent galleries in downtown Lancaster tomorrow (Saturday, May 2) 10am-5pm and Sunday (May 3) noon-4pm in downtown Lancaster. As Part of Artwalk, Father Daughter team Ned & Maggie Bustard are hosting a Noah’s Ark Print Making Activity at Square Halo Gallery at the Trust Performing Arts Center near Central Market More Info:lancasterwalk.org
4) Conewago Creek Earth Day Celebration tomorrow (Saturday, May 2) from noon to 4 pm at historic Aberdeen Mills, Mill Road Elizabethtown. Live animals, guided walks, and giveaways. Plus Special presentations from Hersheypark’s Zoo America at 1pm featuring A great-horned owl, a screech owl, a black snake, a box turtle, a skunk, and a red-tailed hawk. More Info: ConewagoInitiative.net
3) Light’s Fort, the oldest structure in Lebanon County is having Open House tomorrow (Saturday, May 2) 1-4pm. Tour this circa 1742 Light Family Home. Find out why it is called a fort, even though it never was one. This property is only open a few times a year so don’t miss this opportunity to see what life may have been like in 1742. And yes, it is free. More Info: http://www.lightsfort.org
2) The Lancaster Loyalty Day Committee’s annual carnival tonight (Friday May 1) 5-11pm and Saturday (May 2) noon to 11pm at Lancaster city’s Buchanan Park. Rides, food, live music , face painting and camel rides. Free, but tickets or wristbands will be sold for carnival rides. Music from Matt Wheeler Band and others. More Info: At the Lancaster Loyalty Day Carnival Facebook Page.
1) Rafiki Africa Festival tomorrow (Sat. May 2) from 8am-Noon at The Junction Center in Manheim. All proceeds benefit African Children by providing education scholarships and building schools through 3 local Non-profits: Rafiki Africa Foundation; Sudan Rebirth Ministry; We’re All God’s Children. The Festival includes a Walk, 5k Run, Music, Food and Celebration of African Culture. More Info: rafikiafrica.org
Five Fun Free Family Things To Do This Weekend – April 24-26, 2015
5) Young Artist Concert Series featuring West Chester University’s Trombone Ensemble (Sun, Apr 26) 4pm at St. Matthew Lutheran Church, Pleasure Rd, Lancaster. A free will offering will be received. More info: 717 569-0588
4) Pure Hope Coffeehouse tomorrow (Saturday, April 25) from 6:30-10 pm in the Social Room of St. Peter’s Evangelical Lutheran Church in Highspire. Seasons, the Etown College Saxophone Quartet, and more. The event is a fundraiser for Hope for Justice and Blood-Water Mission. More Info: at the Pure Hope Coffeehouse Facebook Page.
3) 3rd Annual Community Family Fair tomorrow (Saturday, Apr 25) from 1-pm at Conestoga Valley Church of Christ, at The Corner Of Horseshoe & Willow Rd. Bounce houses, a fire truck, games, food and more. More Info: Cvchurchofchrist.org
2) Manheim Christian Day School Family Fun Day and 39th Annual Auction and Barbecue tonight and tomorrow (Fri & Sat Apr 24 & 25) at the school on Lebanon Rd in Manheim. Helicoptor Candy Drop, Pedal Car Races, Music by “This Way Up”, Bounce House, Train Barrel Rides and More. More Info: http://www.manheimchristian.org/home/auction-schedule/
1) Sahd Salvage Earth Day Reduce, Reuse, Recycle Event tomorrow (Saturday, April 25) 9am-1pm. Over 25 conservation minded vendors to learn from, tour the scrap yard, enter contests and join WJTL’s Kids Cookie Break Broadcasting Live. Bring your aluminum cans. Donations benefit the ministry of WJTL and the Columbia Food Bank. More Info: http://www.recycleyourmetal.com/earth-day/
Five Fun Free Family Things To Do This Weekend – April 17-19, 2015
5) 59th Annual Mennonite Central Committee Pennsylvania Relief Sale tonight 4-9pm and tomorrow beginning at 6:30am(Friday and Saturday April 17 and 18) at the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex in Harrisburg. Handmade quilts, furniture, original artwork and much more. Fun activities for children will also be available throughout the sale. The auction benefits the relief efforts of MCC. More Info: MCC.org
4) The Chamber Singers of Lancaster Bible College will perform their last concert of the seasong tomorrow (Saturday, April 18) 7pm at Garden Spot Village. “Travelers Have Tales to Tell,” is a collection of a cappella masterpieces from both sides of the Atlantic More Info: gardenspotvillage.org
3) An evening full of laughter and joy with the A-Team Talent Show tonight (Friday, April 19) 6pm at Wesley Church in Quarryville. The A-Team Performers have all overcome physical and mental challenges and want to share their love, laughter and God’s overcoming Grace. More Info: 717-529-0904
2) Landis Valley Village and Farm Museum Spring Benefit Auction tomorrow (Saturday, April 18) Preview and silent auction begin at 4pm. Live auction begins at 5:30pm. Heirloom-quality handcrafted items: artwork, toys, collectibles, jewelry, and more—as well as many other unique objects and services will be auctioned off at this annual sale to benefit Landis Valley’s programming. More Info: http://www.landisvalleymuseum.org
1) Barnstormers Free Fanfest tomorrow (Saturday, April 18) beginning at noon at Clipper Magazine Stadium. Barnstormer mascot Cylo will be joined by Hershey Bar and Turkey Hilda. Activities for the kids include face painting, cookie decorating, lego table and a chance to meet the Barnstormers. At 1pm the Barnstormers and the Blue Crabs will face of for a specail pre-season exhibition game. More Info: lancasterbarnstormers.com
Five Fun Free Family Things To Do This Weekend – April 10-12, 2015
5 -Starlight Tea Presents Principally Harps, tomorrow (Saturday, April 11) at 7pm at Lancaster Church of the Brethren, Sunset Ave in Lancaster. Principally Harps are duo harpists, Mindy Cutcher and Janet Witman blending the virtuosity of two of America’s finest harpists. More Info: lancob.org
4 – Stand Up For Mental Health Comedy Show, tonight (Friday, April 10) 7:30 pm, at York College of Pennsylvania, Waldner performing Arts Center in York. featuring David Granirer is a counselor, stand-up comic, mental health keynote speaker and author. He also has a Stand Up for Mental Health program, teaching stand-up comedy to people with mental illness. The event will also feature a group of York County comics that David has trained. More Info: http://smhcomedyshow.eventbrite.com
3 – Lancaster Christian singer/songwriter Lindsay Graham will be at Emmaus Road Cafe tomorrow ( Saturday, April 11), at 7pm Admission is free. The cafe is located at 1886 Lincoln Highway East in Lancaster. More Info: 717-478-3672.
2 – A Civil War 150 Year Commemoration Concert by Dearest Home – an ensemlbe of Civil War Music Re-enactors tonight (Friday, April 10) 7:30pm at St. Edward’s Episcopal church, Harrisburg Pike, Lancaster. More info: dearesthome.com
1 – Aaron Gillespie in concert at Lancaster Evangelical Free Church in Lititz, along with RESET Movement speaker, Josh Brewer and Local Worship Leader Stuart Young. Sunday (April 12) Doors open at 6:15 pm. The concert is FREE, but free will donations will be accepted. Sponsored by Crossover Student Ministries. More Info: http://www.lefc.net/
Thank you to everyone who sponsored a child during WJTL’s 26 Hours of Compassion. Thanks also to all the volunteers who answered phones. Your support will make a difference. If you signed up to sponsor a child, remember to write to them and pray for them often.
Our generous WJTL community stepped up to sponsor more 275 children who are living in extreme poverty. That includes all of the children in the Compassion project in Guatemala that Lisa and I visited.
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! March 27-29, 2015
5. Pequea Church Community Egg Hunt tomorrow (Saturday, March 28) at 1pm at Pequea Church. Kids 10 and Under come and fill your Easter basket, watch a zany skit and enjoy snacks and time together. More Info: 717.872.5679
4. Spring Creek Church of the Brethren in Hershey Free Movie Night, tonight (Friday, March 27) A double feature showing two “G” rated films about a group of toys and their adventures. Movie watching will start in the Chapel at 6pm. Kids and their adults can bring their sleeping bag, pillow, and friends. Popcorn will be served. More Info: http://www.springcreekcob.org/
3. Limeville United Methodist Church in Gap Easter Egg Hunt tomorrow (Saturday, March 28) at 2 pm. There will be over 4300 eggs filled with candy. Everyone is welcome. More Info: 717-442-4010
2. Grace Baptist Church of Lancaster will be holding their annual Easter Celebration and Egg Hunt tomorrow (Saturday, March 28) from 10am-noon. Games, bounce house, crafts, an egg hunt and The Easter story will be shared. The entire family is welcome but the egg hunt is for infant through 6th grade.More Info: 717-394-6991
1. New Life Church Easter Egg Hunt in Lancaster tomorrow (Saturday, March 28) with 40,000 candy filled eggs, prizes, food, games and grand prize bicycles!!! And it is all for FREE!!!! Registration and entertainment will begin at 9am and the hunt will begin at 10am on Saturday, March 28. Kids will be hunting in separate marked off areas according to age from birth through 12 years old. More info and to pre-register: https://www.newlifelancaster.org/
Join us today and tomorrow (March 25 & 26) as we seek to sponsor a new project in Guatemala that Lisa and I visited earlier this month. Please click on the Compassion Banner at WJTL.com or call 866-392-3690. Your $38 a month will revolutionize the life of a very special child. Thank You.
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! March 20, 21 and 22, 2015
5. Community Room on King in Lancaster is hosting Music Friday Coffeehouse & Open Mic Night tonight (Mar 20) featuring Marty and Aaron from The Stars are Spies. The night is free but a donation will be taken. More Info: Community Room Facebook
4. Singer – songwriter duo Meg and the Right Sound will be performing at Emmaus Road Cafe tomorrow (Saturday, March 21) at 7pm. The cafe is located at 1886 Lincoln Highway East in Lancaster. More Info: 717-478-3672.
3. FREE Easter Explosion tomorrow (Saturday, March 21) from 9:30-11am at Harrisburg Christian Performing Arts Center, Eisenhower Blvd., Middletown. The event is open to students age 2 through six grade and includes an egg scramble, crafts and games. Rain or shine. Bring a basket or bag to carry home your goodies. More Info: 717 939-9333.
2. Lebanon Valley College will host its sixth annual Community Easter Egg Hunt Sunday, (March 22) at 2pm. The event, to be held on practice fields just north of the main campus. Parking will be available near the Arnold Sports Center. More Info: www.lvc.edu/spiritual-life
1. NORTH MUSEUM in Lancaster will reopen tomorrow (March 21) 10am-5pm with Free Admission following renovations. Enjoy the new 41 foot SciDome Theater, hands-on nature gallery, and upgraded dinosaur exhibit. The Museum is located on College Ave in Lancaster. For More information: http://www.northmuseum.org/