The Extraordinary Give, Lancaster County’s Largest Day of online giving begins tonight at Midnight and runs all day tomorrow (Friday November 20th) until Midnight!!!
Last year, WJTL listeners showed their generosity and helped WJTL raise $113,085 during Extraordinary Give 2014!
We would love to have your support this year! We know there are many worthy organizations vying for your attention and donations during Extra Give. We want to invite you support this radio ministry – WJTL!
Any donation made online tomorrow – Friday, NOVEMBER 20th will be stretched by $250,000 from the Lancaster County Community Foundation and their sponsors. Plus, there are $50,000 in prizes we can win instantly from your donation!
Tell your friends and show your support for WJTL!
Five Fun Free Family Things To Do This Weekend – November 13-15, 2015
5 Friendship Community Harmony Concert Sunday (Nov. 15) from 7-9pm at Forest Hills Mennonite Church in Leola. Featuring performances by: The Friendship Community Worship Team, Spare Parts, OMPH Children’s Choir, Landis Homes Men’s Ensemble, and Lancaster Mennonite Men’s Ensemble. A freewill offering will be collected and all proceeds benefit adults with developmental disabilities served by Friendship Community. More Info: www.friendshipcommunity.net
4 FREE F&M College Orchestra in Concert tomorrow (Saturday, November 14) 8pm at the Barshinger Center on the Campus of F&M College. More Info: FandM.edu
3 Building LEGOS and the Food Bank in Lititz tonight (Friday, November 13) 5-8pm at Beers and Hoffman Architecture, North Water Street in Lititz, PA. Bring canned food items for the Warwick/Lititz Community Food Drive and then stay and build with Thousands of Legos. More Info: 717-625-0400
2 Rock the Asylum Concert featuring Stuart Young and Mariah Keener, tomorrow (Saturday, November 14) 7-9:15pm at Lifepoint Church, Hillcrest Avenue in Harrisburg. Concert and FREE food. More Info: lifepointpa.org
1 The Beggar Folk in concert at Emmaus Road Cafe tomorrow (Sat. Nov. 14) beginning at 7pm. The Beggar Folk are Josh and Trista Lamb, folk singer-songwriters from Lancaster. Emmaus Road Cafe is located on Lincoln Highway East in Lancaster. More Info: emmausroadcafe.org
Five Fun Free Family Things To Do This Weekend – November 6-8, 2015
5 The story of Florence Nightingale presented buy Hinkletown Youth Fellowship tomorrow (Saturday, November 7) at 7 pm and Sunday (November 8) at 2 & 7pm at Cocalico Middle School. This is the story of the courageous woman who organized the nursing of sick and wounded solders and influenced modern nursing. A free will offering will be taken. More Info: www.hinkletownmennonitechurch.org
4 Fall Bazaar & Craft show, tonight (Friday, Nov 6) 6p-9p & Saturday (Nov 7) from 8am-2pm at Lititz UMC, East Market Street in Lititz. Crafts, Vendors, Antiques, Homemade soup, and a Silent Auction for a Doll House. Bring a canned food item for the Lititz Community chest. More Info:717-626-2710
3 The Lancaster County Department of Parks & Recreation is hosting nighttime star watches conducted by the Astronomy Enthusiasts of Lancaster County (AELC) tonight (Fri. Nov. 6) from 7-9pm at Lancaster County Central Park. The star watches will provide an understanding of the moon, planets, stars and star clusters, galaxies, constellations, comets and different types of nebulae. These objects will be viewed through telescopes set up by club members. To Register for this free event and for More Info:717-295-2055
2 First Friday in Lancaster – arts extravaganza – tonight (Friday, November 6) 5 to 9pm. Discover innovative exhibitions, performances, artisan studios, museums, performing groups, and more in Downtown Lancaster. More Info: http://www.visitlancastercity.com/first-friday/
1 13th Annual Open House at Eastland Alpacas tomorrow (Sat. Nov 7) 10am-4pm in Mount Joy. Tour the farm and get up close and personal with over 100 alpacas. Feed the Alpacas – Lead an Alpaca – Visit with a newborn cria – Take a Wagon Ride around the Farm – Learn about Alpacas – Watch an Obstacle Course Demonstration by the “Alpacas with an Agenda 4-H Club”
and more. Kids Cookie Break Broadcasting Live 9-noon. More Info: www.eastlandalpacas.com
Five Fun Free Family Things To Do This Weekend – October 30 – Nov 1, 2015
5 Free Fall Community Celebration at Weaverland Mennonite Church in East Earl tomorrow (Saturday October 31) from 6-8pm. Festivities include, hay rides, inflatable games, corn dig, and a variety of prize games for all different ages. Free food and of candy! More Info: weaverland.org
4 Lancaster Bible College’s Harvest Party tomorrow (Sat. Oct. 31) from 9AM-Noon. Free Community festival with games, activities, candy, prizes, and food! All activities and booths will be run by volunteer college students who want the opportunity to serve their community by providing fun activities for families of all ages! Kids Cookie Break Broadcasting LIVE. More Info: LBC.edu
3 A Halloween Alternative at Bethany EC Church of Creswel – Letort Road in Conestoga – tonight (Friday, Oct. 30) from 6-8pm. A concert by the band “This Way Up”! Also, musical crafts, and snacks. More Info: 717-872-2548
2 The 2nd Annual Community Bonfire at East Petersburg Mennonite Church – tonight (Friday, October 30), from 7-9pm. Barrel train rides, bounce houses and balloon creations. More Info: www.eastpetemc.org
1 The First Annual FALL FEST at Victory Church Columbia tomorrow (Saturday Oct. 31) from 4-7pm. Kids are encouraged to dress up for Games, Crafts, Prizes, Basket giveaways, Trunk or Treat, Free Food, Baked Goods, Hot Chocolate, and Candy. More Info: victorychurch.org
Five Fun Free Family Things To Do This Weekend – October 23-25, 2015
5 Wish Upon a Food Truck Festival, tomorrow (Saturday, Oct 24) 11am-5pm at Gander Mountain Parking Lot, Jonestown Road, Harrisburg, PA. The event will benefit Make-A-Wish Philadelphia, Northern Delaware and Susquehanna Valley. Admission is free and includes music, children’s activities, and meet and greets with local celebrities and more. The Festival will also feature 19 famous food trucks.More Info: visit http://www.wishuponafoodtruck.org/.
4 Fall Fun Fest at Grace Point Church in Paradise tonight (Friday October 23) 6-8:30pm. Food, candy, inflatables, inside and outside games. No scary costumes or masks please. More Info: http://www.gracepointparadise.com/
3 Trunk or Treat tomorrow (Saturday, Oct. 24) from 6-8pm at Salem United Methodist Church in Rothsville. Kids and parents will be invited to ‘trick-or-treat’ from the trunks of decorated cars in the parking lot. There will be games, food, activities, fellowship and more!! Dress in your best costume but not a scary one please. More Info: http://www.salemumcrothsville.org/
2 Kenbrook Fall Family Fun Day tomorrow (Saturday October 24) 10am-4pm at Kenbrook Christian Retreat and Conference Center, Pine Meadow Road in Lebanon. Pumpkin Painting, Zipline, Tower Climbing, Free food, games, activities, wagon rides, fire trucks, and more. More Info: http://www.kenbrook.org/familyfunday/
1 Cross Roads Harvest Celebration tomorrow (Sat. Oct. 24) 4-8pm food, fun, games & rides. Hayrides, Barrel Train Rides, Mechanical Bull Ride, Tethered Hot Air Balloon, Hay Maze, Carnival Games and WJTL Broadcasting Live. More Info: crossroadsbic.com
Five Fun Free Family Things To Do This Weekend – Oct 16-18, 2015
5 Spring Creek Church of the Brethren in Hershey’s 5th Annual Harvest Party tomorrow (Saturday, October 17) 5-8pm. Hayrides, hot chocolate, and hot dogs & s’mores over the campfire. Bring your carved or decorated entry for the Pumpkin Contest. Kids and adults enter to win prizes for the Costume Contest with your family-friendly costume!More Info: www.springcreekcob.org
4 FREE Family Fall Fest! tomorrow (Saturday, October 17) 3-7pm at Denver Park FREE Hayrides, inflatable games, face painting, food, entertainment, door prizes, and more. Sponsored by Harvest Fellowship Church and surrounding Churches and community groups.
3 WJTL’s Free Family Movie Night tonight (Fri. Oct. 16) at 7pm at The Junction Center Tent in Manheim. Ride the pedal cars before the movie! More Info: http://www.thejunctioncenter.com/
2 Conestoga Christian School BBQ & Country Auction, Main Street, Morgantown tonight and tomorrow (Friday, Oct 16 and Sat Oct 17) BBQ and Auction Preview on Friday, then Saturday 8am – 2pm there will be the live auction, food tent, kids area with crafts and Kids Cookie Break broadcasting live from 9-noon. More Info: http://www.conestogachristian.net/Auction2015.html
1 Disguise and Prize Event and Corn Maze in the Fields of Penryn tomorrow (Sat Oct 17) 1-4pm at Jerusalem Church, Newport Road in Manheim. Disguise & Prize is a fall activity that allows children in costume to visit decorated vehicles in the church parking lot and receive small prizes and candy. More Info: http://www.jerusalemchurch.net/
Five Fun Free Family Things To Do This Weekend – October 9-11, 2015
5. Tailwagger’s Trot tomorrow (Saturday, Oct. 10) at Buchanan Park beginning at 10am. Live music, vendors, and activities for the whole family (well-behaved & leashed dogs included) in the park until 2PM! The event is free to public, dog walkers must register in advance and all. proceeds benefit the animals and programs of the Humane League of Lancaster County. More Info: humane.org
4. Antique Car Show – AACA Eastern Fall Show tomorrow (Saturday, Oct 10) 7am-7pm on the grounds of The Giant Center in Hershey. Antique Car Show, Vintage Car Demonstrations, over 1300 cars on display. More Info: hersheyaaca.org
3. Family Safety Day tomorrow (Saturday, Oct 10) 10am-2pm hands on demonstrations, activities, fire trucks and more. On the grounds of The Worship Center, New Holland Pike, Lancaster, More Info. worshipcenter.org
2. The 62nd Annual Manheim Community Farm Show -last day, tonight (Friday, Oct 9) Farm exhibits, animals, art, contests and more in the Community of Manheim, near the High School. More Info: http://www.manheimfarmshow.org/
1 Dr. Seuss Reader’s Night tonight (Friday, Oct. 9) at Dayspring Christian Academy in Mountville from 6-8pm. Enjoy readings, entertainment, prizes for best costumes, movie, gift bags, and refreshments. Event is free and designed for children preschool through grade 5. More Info: dayspringchristian.com
Five Fun Free Family Things To Do This Weekend – October 2-4, 2015
5. Fall Festival tomorrow (Sat. Oct. 3) from 9am-3pm – Hosted by the Ephrata Area Church of Christ. An outdoor event with FREE Kid’s Activities like games, Bounce House, Face Painting, etc., Clothing Drive , Prayer Room, Local Area Businesses & Non-Profits showcasing their products & service, food & drinks available for purchase, and more! More Info: www.ephrataareachurchofchrist.org
4. Annual Fall Festival at Family Life Community Church in Strasburg, tomorrow (Saturday, October 3) 11am-3pm. Games, Petting Zoo, Pony Cart Rides, Food, Prizes and More. More Info: http://www.iflcc.com/
3. Lego Building Party at Hammel Associates Architects, Grant Street in Lancaster, tonight (Friday, October 2) 5-8:30p. Over 40,000 bricks, plates and specialty peices to build freestyle, trains, architecture and more. For all ages. More info: hammelarch.com
2. Latin American Alliance Festival tomorrow (Saturday, October 3) noon-9pm at Long’s Park, Lancaster. Authentic Hispanic Food, fun acitivites for children, music and more. More info – 717 538-9498
1. Lancaster Fall ArtWalk – Tonight, tomorrow and Sunday (Oct 2-4) in downtown Lancaster. The ArtWalk kicks off on First Friday from 5-9pm, runs Sautrday 10am-5pm and Sunday noon to 4pm. Special Exhibits, meet artists events, children’s activities and live art demonstrations. More Info: visitlancastercity.com
5 LBC Homecoming KCB broadcasting from LBC Homecoming tomorrow (Saturday, September 26) beginning at 8am. KCB is live from 9-noon with FREE goodies including CHick-fil-A chocolate chip cookies, live song requests, door prizes and more! More Info: kidscookiebreak.com
4 Jim Rule In Concert, Sunday, September 27 at 6PM at St. David’s Evangelical Congregational Church in Dover.
Music for families and friends. “The Telephone Twist”, “Because I Said So!”, and “The Gingerbread Girl” are just a few of Jim’s songs you will hearMore Info: stdavidsecc.com
3 Fall Fest at the New School of Lancaster, Columbia Avenue tomorrow (Saturday, September 26) noon to 4pm. A fun-filled afternoon of music, crafts, games and food and concerts by Steven Courtney and the Suitcase Musicians. Open to the general public. More Info: http://www.newschool.net/2015/08/19/fall-fest/
2 Annual Community Day at Gravel Hill UMC in Palmyra, tomorrow (Sat. Sept. 26) from 3-9:30pm! Free food featuring a pig roast, vender booths, games, inflatables, Trist ‘n Shout Balloons, door prizes, cake walk, bingo, a presentation by Zoo America, and a free concert by Remedy Drive with special guest, Lacey Sturm formerly of Flyleaf. More Info: www.gravelhillumc.org
1 The 96th Annual Ephrata Fair, “The largest street fair in Pennsylvania today (Friday, Sept. 25) and tomorrow (Saturday, Sept. 26) Agricultural events and exhibits, games, food and fun.More Info: www.ephratafair.org
Five Fun Free Family Things To Do This Weekend – September 18-20, 2015
5. The 14th annual Rothsville Community Day tomorrow (Saturday, September 19) 10am-10pm, at Forney Field, Church Street in Rothsville. Face painting, spin art, bouncy castle, barrel train rides, games and a helicopter candy drop. Music, Entertainment, egg toss, wheel barrow race and three legged race too. More Info: 717-733-3787
4. World of Wheels Cruise – if it has wheels you can see it at World of Wheels Cruise, tomorrow (Saturday, September 19) 3-7pm at Encounter Church in Quarryville. Free food, fun, and fellowship!! More Info:
3. Homestead Family Day, tomorrow (Saturday, Sept. 19) from 10am-2pm at Homestead Village Retirement Community, Marietta Avenue in Lancaster, Music, children’s games, crafts, Wagon Rides, Apple Cider Pressing, and a concert by Phredd. More Info: 717-397-4831
2. Central Penn Parent and Memorial Hospital Fall Event, tomorrow (Saturday, Sept. 19) from 10am to 4pm at Cousler Park in York. Live Music, Pony Rides, Bounce Houses, Baby Animal Petting Zoo, Pirate Treasure Hunt, Stuffed Animal Check-ups, Fire Apparatus and more. More than 75 exhibitors will have information, giveaways and activities for the family. More Info: www.CentralPennParent.com/Family-Fest
1. WJTL’s FREE Family Movie Night tonight (Friday, Sept. 18) at 7PM at The Junction Center in Manheim. Come out early and ride the pedal cars. More Info: thejunctioncenter.com