For the weekend of July 5, 6 & 7, 2013
5) First Friday Lancaster Tonight (Friday July 5) from 5-9PM. in downtown Lancaster.Exhibitions, performances, Music, Art and more. More Info: lancasterarts.com
4) City of Harrisburg 4th of July Celebration today, tomorrow and Sunday (July 5, 6 and 7) Lighted Boat Parade, 3 on 3 Basketball Tournament, FREE entertainment, children & family events and activities all weekend long. More Info: harrisburgrec.com
3) Music In The Park in Coleman Park in Lebanon Sunday (July 7th) at 7pm with The Perseverence Band. A free will offering will be taken. Bring a lawn chair. More Info: musicinthepark.net
2) Harrisburg Symphony Orchestra Independence Day concert Tonight (July 5) on the lawn at Lebanon Valley College in Annville beginning at 8pm. Many patriotic, Broadway and pop tunes. Bring a lawn chair or blanket. More Info: 717-867-6030
1) ”Songs and Stories of a Civil War Hospital” Saturday (July 6)7:30pm at Christ Church of Gettsyburg on Chambersburg St. Mark the 150th anniversary of the turning point in the Civil War – The Battle of Gettsyburg with Live Civil War-era music, costumed performers, readings from the journals of a citizen nurse who served at the church and a soldier who was treated in this historic building that was used as a hospital for soldiers during the battle.
RADIO FRIEND PHIL – Greetings! It’s time for this week’s New Tunes at 9 Roundup. (New Tunes at 9, one-hour of new and emerging music, weeknights at 9 p.m. on WJTL.) Skillet’s appearance at Creation last week coincided with the release of their new project, “Rise,” and, for all intents and purposes, this is their strongest project, both musically and lyrically. Skillet has released numerous records of merit since 1996: their self-titled debut, “Alien Youth,” “Invincible,” “Collide,” Comatose, and “Awake”—all fine records in their own right. With “Rise,” though, Skillet has created their masterwork; it combines the band’s keyboard-based symphonic rock sound, with an added emphasis on organic instrumentation (and showcases the strengths of vocalist and keyboardist Korey Cooper, the wife of front man, John Cooper).
John Cooper says, ”This is a story about your typical American teenager. He’s coming into adulthood and he’s faced everyday with the horrors that we see every day—floods, bombings, earthquakes, school shootings. He’s also faced with his own problems from his family life. It’s about his path to salvation, and wanting to be significant. The record has a lot of ups and downs, all leading to his salvation experience.” For more on Skillet, go http://www.skillet.com/rise You’ll find facebook, you-tube videos, various ‘Rise’ music packages, the ‘pan-head ‘page and a link to buy the new disc on iTunes.
There are two ways to win in WJTL’s Bumper Sticker Bonanza this year. You send a picture of your WJTL Bumper Sticker to us! That’s right, send it in to win! Or If you are spotted by any of WJTL’s staff you will be a winner too! Get your sticker at any of WJTL’s live events or request one to be mailed to you by emailing email@example.com or call the station at (717).392.3690. Winners will be announced on air and posted on Facebook. So listen live and keep checking our Facebook page!
Entries Must Include:
- A picture of your WJTL bumper sticker on your vehicle emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your name, address, phone number and your email address
- One entry per person/vehicle
- Comments left on this blog DO NOT count as entries into the contest
With prizes like Maggie Moo’s, YoFro, Twin Kiss and Sweet Frog gift certificates, and a WJTL cinch pack from DavCo as well as CDs and DVDs from our prize stash (The Real Life, Jenny Simmons, North Point, Hawk Nelson, Mars Hill, or Sanctus Real) and other great prizes, winners are sure to keep cool all summer long!
|First Song that I Sing||Sara Groves||All Right Here||2002|
|Awaken The Dawn (feat. Paul Meany of Mutemath)||Victory Fellowship Worship Band||Elevator Music||2010|
|Wake Up||All Sons & Daughters||Season One||2012|
|Wake Up||Tim Hughes||Love Shine Through||2011|
|Awaken||Kristene DiMarco||Safe Place||2012|
|The Great Awakening||Leeland||The Great Awakening||2011|
|Alive In Us||Hillsong||God Is Able||2011|
|Awaken (Let The Whole World Sing)||Dan And Lauren Smith||The Revive Project||2012|
|Sunrise||Nichole Nordeman||Recollection-The Best of Nichole Nordeman||2007|
|Dawn To Dusk||All Sons & Daughters||Season One||2012|
|Come Alive||Sean Feucht||Rebirth And Reclamation||2009|
|Arise||Paul Baloche||Offering of Worship||2004|
|Rise And Sing||Brett Younker||The New Has Come||2010|
|Alive Forever Amen||Travis Cottrell||Alive Forever||2004|
|Coming Alive||Phil Wickham||Heaven and Earth||2009|
|I Will Rise||Chris Tomlin||Hello Love||2009|
|Alive||Sovereign Grace Music||Risen||2011|
|Rise||Kari Jobe||Where I Find You||2012|
|This Is Why I Am Alive||Rick Pino||The Narrow Road||2010|
|King Of Heaven (Isaiah 61)||Charlie Hall||Passion: Awakening||2010|
|Alive||All Sons & Daughters||Season One||2012|
|Your Love Never Fails||Jesus Culture||Your Love Never Fails||2008|
|With Everything||Hillsong United||Passion: Awakening||2010|
|Forever Reign||Kristian Stanfill||Passion: Here For You||2011|
|Sing Along||Christy Nockels||Into The Glorious||2012|
|Strong God||Meredith Andrews||Worth It All||2013|
|Counting On Your Name||Tim Hughes||Love Shine Through||2011|
|Great I Am (feat. Jared Anderson)||New Life Worship||You Hold It All||2011|
|Revelation Song (feat. Kari Jobe)||Gateway Worship||Cover The Earth||2006|
|Wonderful Merciful Savior||Phillips, Craig and Dean||Let My Words Be Few||2001|
|Cornerstone (My Hope Is Built)||Hillsong Live||Cornerstone EP||2012|
|God of Wonders (feat. Caedmons Call)||Mac Powell||City on a Hill||2000|
|One Thirst and Hunger||Jeremy Riddle||Furious||2011|
|Come On My Soul||Rend Collective Experiment||Organic Family Hymnal||2010|
|My Soul Sings||Delirious||Kingdom Of Comfort||2008|
|10,000 Reasons (Bless The Lord)||Matt Redman||10,000 Reasons||2012|
|Always||Kristian Stanfill||Passion: Here For You||2011|
|At Your Name (Forever)||Tim Hughes||Love Shine Through||2011|
|None But Jesus||Hillsong United||United We Stand||2005|
|Closer (feat. Steffany Frizzell-Gretzinger)||Bethel Live||For The Sake Of The World||2012|
|Set Free (feat. Matt Redman)||Chris Tomlin||Passion: Here For You||2011|
|This Is Amazing Grace||Jeremy Riddle||Bethel Live: For The Sake Of The World||2012|
|Knees To The Earth||Christy Nockels||Passion: Sacred Revolution||2003|
|Hungry (Falling On My Knees)||Kathryn Scott||Hungry||1999|
|Find You On My Knees||Kari Jobe||Where I Find You||2013|
|Fall On Your Knees||David Crowder Band||Give Us Rest-A Requiem Mass in C (The Happiest of All Keys)||2012|
For June 28, 29 & 30, 2013
5) Lebanon Community Band Fourth of July concert at Mt. Gretna Campmeeting Tablernacle tomorrow (Sat. June 29th) from 7-8:45PM. Free admission. An offering will be taken. 717-964-3040
4) Tonight at dusk organizers will commemorate a turning point in the Civil War, the burning of the bridge between Lancaster and York County. They will relive that historic event as they light a fire on each of the 25 existing piers where the bridge once stood. The event will end with Fireworks. This year marks the 150th anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg. More info on 150th Anniversary Celebrations.
3) Rockvale Outlets Lancaster’s Annual Fireworks tomorrow (Sat. June 29th) at dusk. The Lampeter/Strasburg Band will play at 8:30 through the end of the fireworks in the parking lot across from Eagles Pro Shop. Rockvale Outlets will have FREE mini flags and glow bracelets, while supplies last. More info:rockvaleoutletslancaster.com
2) Zion Lutheran Church in Leola invites you to bring your towels for a splashing great time from noon to 4 p.m. tomorrow (Saturday, June 29) There will be 4 big waterslides, free food and more. More Info: zionleola.org
1) Long’s Park Summer Music Series, Sunday (Jun 30) 5:30pm featuring the US Army Field Band and Soldiers’ Chorus, Cannon Brigade and Fireworks! Long’s Park Summer Music Series. More info: longspark.org/music
Day two brought rain and a river that ran through our tent. Though it sounds dreary, the day as a whole was equally as good as day one. My six frisbees were gone within a hour of people guessing the #1 condiment in the US. Some said ketchup, others said mayo, but the correct answer was mustard. Did you get it right? Before the rain came, the people came in waves to be considered for the two hot air balloon tickets; our tent was packed. But only one person could be the winner and that person was Gabrielle Capper of Altoona, Pa. Congrats!
In this world there are universal things everybody loves: contemporary Christian music, Kristi Leigh, and free Chick-fil-A. Tomorrow I will be giving away free Chick-fil-A for a year. Yes, you read that right. If you win tomorrow, you will be eating one Chick-fil-A sandwich, every week, until Creation 2014! Besides free Chick-fil-A, I have t-shirts, cinch bags, and coffee mugs to give away. But if you’ve learned anything from todays Frisbee giveaway, you’d know I love fun facts. So here we go: The average hot dog is consumed in how many bites? Guess correctly and you’ll be walking away with a t-shirt, coffee mug, or cinch bag. Good luck!
RADIO FRIEND PHIL – Greetings! It’s time for this week’s New Tunes at 9 Roundup. (New Tunes at 9, one-hour of new and emerging music, weeknights at 9 p.m. on WJTL.) The 35th Annual Creation Festival is currently in-progress at the Agape Farm, Mt. Union. PA. Among the artists performing today and tomorrow: Skillet, Plumb, Crowder, Hawk Nelson and Petra, among others. (More details on Creation Northeast at http://www.creationfest.com/.) Also appearing this year is singer/songwriter and worship leader, Brian Campbell. (Campbell has been leading early morning worship at Creation this week.) Brian Campbell is currently touring in support of his project, “Hearts Wake to the Giver of Life”; He’s also a member of the ‘Come And Live’ Artist Community. I spoke to Brian, on New Tunes at 9, about his association with ‘Come and Live’ and his passion for giving worship workshops. For more on Brian Campbell, go to http://www.briancampbellmusic.com/. You’ll find his facebook, you-tube and instagram links, and a spot to buy his music on iTunes.
Intern Sandra here! The Creation Crew has been kept busy all day with the many activities around the Creation Festival. This morning, I hung out in the Kid’s Tent with the Kids Cookie Break. The line up included Jesse Rothaker, The Donut Man, This Way Up, and What’s In the Bible. There was even a special appearance by Bob and Larry of Veggie Tales!
As per usual, the Kids Cooke Break table had KCB wristbands, pencils, stickers, and plenty of cookies.
The Creation Crew will continue to bring you coverage throughout the festival, so be sure to keep an eye on the Facebook page for more updates! If you want to see more pictures, you can check out the WJTL Flickr page here.
Today I had a blast at the first day of Creation 2013!
A staple of the Creation experience is the tarp run, where groups line up all over to be the first to snag the perfect spot, using their tarp as a placeholder. I ran into some listeners from Palmyra as they were strategically planning their tarp placement.
The day kicked off with a Steve Taylor concert, and wrapped up with a stellar show from Switchfoot.
For more pictures, visit the WJTL Flickr page here, and stay connected with the Creation Crew on the WJTL Facebook page. Be on the lookout for pictures, videos, and more!
God is moving at Creation 2013! We spent the day hearing tales about what WJTL means to different listeners and the impact the station has on our community. It was truly heart warming to hear God in the stories that were told. We also gave away a boat load of wristbands and magnetic clips: they were like hot cakes, I tell ya. Our Walk In Love gift basket found a home in the arms of Maddie Feiser of Havertown PA. Though the basket looked small it was full of great items from a great store.
Tomorrows giveaway is going to be two hot air balloon tickets courtesy of United States Hot Air Balloon Team. Also, I have six frisbees to give away. Beause the number is so small, I can not give them away willy nilly; I need something in return. So here it is: What is the #1 condiment in the US? The first six people to answer correctly will be throwing a WJTL frisbee with their new found friends! Good luck and good night to all!