FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! May 16, 17 & 18, 2014
5) Coffeehouse & Open Mic NIght tonight (Friday May 16)from 7-9 PM at the Community Room on King with featured musician Philip Miller – singer/songwriter from Lancaster. More Info: http://www.veritaspa.org
4) The 100 voice Lancaster Chorale and orchestra, will present Mendelssohn’s oratorio, “Elijah” on Sunday, May 18 at 6 PM at Calvary Church, Lancaster. Admission is free. A free-will offering will be received.More Info: www.calvarychurch.org
3) The Rhubarb Festival tonight and tomorrow (Friday and Saturday, May 16 and 17) at Kitchen Kettle Village, Old Philly Pike in Intercourse, PA. Activities for young and old – the world’s only rhubarb race-car derby, Best Rhubarb Dessert baking contest, Rhubarb Whoopie Pie Filling Contest, the Rhubarb Stroll mini parade featuring costumed characters, musicians, and more. Free! More Info: www.kitchenkettlevillage.com
2) Freedom Fun Fair tomorrow (Saturday May 17) at Lebanon Valley Bible Church will be hosting its 5th annual FREE Community Event from 10am-2pm. FREE Food, Petting Zoo, Face-Painting, Pony Rides, Bouncy Houses, and Games for All Ages! LVBC is located on US-322 between Fontana and Campbelltown. Rain or Shine! More Info: lvbiblechurch.org
1) Sertoma Chicken BBQ at Long’s Park, Lancaster tomorrow (Saturday, May 17) starting with the Kid’s Cookie Break Broadcasting Live at 9am. Bruce Fite at noon followed by Strong In Us, Illusionist Brett Myers, Last year’s Talent Challenge Winners – Disciples of Praise, The 2014 Talent Challenge and ending with Matt Wheeler & Vintage Heart. WJTL.com
RADIO FRIEND PHIL – Greetings! It’s time for this week’s New Tunes at 9 Roundup (New Tunes at 9, one-hour new and emerging music, weeknights at 9 p.m. on WJTL.)
Needtobreathe released their new project, “Rivers in the Wasteland,” and it debuted at No. 3 on the Billboard top 200.
Needtobreathe are a South Carolina-based Americana band, led by Bo Rinehart and his brother, Bear. The band’s unique sound mixes southern rock, southern soul, Gospel, blues and old-time. Bo Rinehart was guest on New Tunes at 9 and we talked about the evolution of sound and approach to making music.
For more on Needtobreathe, go to http://www.needtobreathe.com/riversinthewasteland.
JOHN SHIRK -Today’s Moment Of Celebration reflects on the opportunities to join joyful occasions.
When you think of joyful occasions, what are some situations that come to your mind? It is likely that when a joyful occasion comes to our mind, that we will picture several people being there to enjoy the festivities.
Entering into someone else’s joy is expressing sincere friendship just like having the compassion to enter someone else’s pain. Romans 12:15 urges us to rejoice with those who rejoice.
In Luke 15, Jesus told three stories of something or someone who was lost and then was found. In each story, the person who found the object or person who had been lost, wanted someone to celebrate with. Who do they call? Friends, neighbors, and family members.
It’s the people closest to us with whom we want to celebrate. This is something to consider when we receive invitations to weddings, baptisms, award ceremonies, graduations, or anniversary celebrations. We may not always be able to attend every celebration, but receiving such an invitation means that someone wants us to join in their celebration, and we have an opportunity to express our joy in their joy.
The opportunity to join joyful occasions is a reason to be glad in the Year of Celebration.
JOHN SHIRK – Today’s Moment of Celebration reflects on the compassionate expression of a sensitive heart.
Romans 12:15 urges us to mourn with those who mourn.
There is a wise saying that cautions us from singing songs to a heavy heart. When someone hears sobering news from the doctor, or is grieving the loss of a loved one, it is not just a typical day for them. God calls us to be compassionate and sensitive to others who find themselves in vulnerable places. God calls us to take the time to enter their world of pain, to walk with them, and be sympathetic in the midst of their tears. This show of support may look different in various situations. One person may need a listening ear. Another person may have practical needs where we can serve them. Another person might need a shoulder to cry on. The expression of compassion to a troubled soul takes our time, attention, and concern. In this way, we can represent Jesus in difficult places and offer hope and a godly perspective.
The compassionate expression of a sensitive heart is a reason to be glad in the Year of Celebration.
|Call To Praise||Jeremy Riddle||Full Attention||2007|
|Praise Song||Third Day||Third Day||1996|
|Hear Our Praises||Darlene Zschech||Shout To The Lord||1999|
|I Was Created To Worship||Brian and Jenn Johnson||We Believe||2006|
|Call To Worship||Mercy Me||Almost There||2001|
|Praise Adonai||Paul Baloche||Rock of Refuge||2000|
|I Will Worship You||Aaron Gillespie||Anthem Song||2011|
|Let The Praises Ring||Lincoln Brewster||Amazed||2003|
|We Will Worship You||Kutless||Glory||2014|
|Worship The Lamb||Jessa Anderson||Not Myself Anymore||2012|
|You Are My Worship||Among the Thirsty||Wonder||2011|
|Will You Worship||Brian Doerksen||Change Me On The Inside||2001|
|Praise The Name Of Jesus||Shane & Shane||Psalms||2002|
|Praise God||Sovereign Grace Music||Upward – The Bob Kauflin Hymns Project||2003|
|Holy Praise||Jared Anderson||Desperation||2003|
|O Praise Him (All This For A King)||David Crowder Band||Illuminate||2003|
|Here I Am To Worship (feat. Martin Smith of Delirious||Tim Hughes||Happy Day||2009|
|Come Worship the King (feat. Shane & Shane)||Michael W. Smith||Glory Revealed – The Word of God In Worship||2007|
|Lets Worship (feat. Kari Jobe)||Deluge||Unshakeable||2010|
|And Your Praise Goes On||Chris Rice||Hallelujahs – A Rocketown Worship Collection||2003|
|Praise You With The Dance||Casting Crowns||Casting Crowns||2003|
|Made to Worship||Chris Tomlin||See The Morning||2006|
|Brethren We Have Met To Worship||Bart Millard||Hymned Again||2008|
|All Praise To You||All Sons & Daughters||Season One||2012|
|Your Great Name We Praise||Sovereign Grace Music||Upward – The Bob Kauflin Hymns Project||2003|
|Youre Worthy Of My Praise||Jeremy Camp||Carried Me||2004|
|All Praise||Jared Anderson||Worship Project H2.14||2005|
|All The Earth Will Sing your Praises||Paul Baloche||Offering of Worship||2005|
|O Worship the King||Chris Tomlin||Passion: Hymns Ancient and Modern||2004|
|Praise to the Lord, The Almighty||Christy Nockels||Passion: Hymns Ancient and Modern||2004|
|We Will Worship The Lamb Of Glory (feat. Charmaine, Russ Taff)||Dennis Jernigan||Hands Lifted High||2004|
|Call To Worship||Vicky Beeching||Yesterday, Today and Forever||2005|
|All My Praise||Selah||Hiding Place||2004|
|Moment Made For Worshipping||Steven Curtis Chapman||All About Love||2003|
|Praise You In This Storm||Casting Crowns||Lifesong||2005|
|Greatly To Be Praised||Brian and Jenn Johnson||We Believe||2006|
|The Heart Of Worship (feat. Martin Smith of Delirious)||Matt Redman||I Could Sing Of Your Love Forever||1999|
|Praise The Lord||Kristene Mueller||Those Who Dream||2008|
|Glory, Honor, Power, Praise||The Embers||The Embers||2008|
|Praise You Lord||Relevant Worship||Anthem of the Redeemed||2008|
|Surrendered To Praise||Jeremy Riddle||The Now And Not Yet||2009|
|We Give You Praise||Delirious||Kingdom Of Comfort||2008|
|Praise the Father, Praise the Son||Chris Tomlin||Hello Love||2008|
|Come, Now is the Time to Worship||Phillips, Craig and Dean||Let My Words Be Few||2001|
|Your Name Will Be Praised||Laura Story||Blessings||2011|
|Praise The Lord Who Reigns Above||Leigh Nash||Hymns And Sacred Songs||2011|
|God Be Praised / Our God Reigns (feat. Jon Egan)||New Life Worship||You Hold It All||2011|
|Praise To The One||Brad & Rebekah||The Things Of God||2011|
|Praise Like Fireworks||Rend Collective||Homemade Worship By Handmade People||2012|
|Praise To The Lord||Citizens||Citizens||2014|
|Praise The Lord||The City Harmonic||Heart||2014|
|Praise The Lord||Ross King||To Make God Famous Vol.2|
|Praise Him||The Royal Royal||Royal||2012|
|Come Let Us Worship||Chris Tomlin||Not To Us||2002|
|I Will Worship You||Matthew Ward||Even Now||2000|
|Hear My Worship||Jaime Jamgochian||Reason To Live||2006|
|Live To Worship||Scott Krippayne||It Goes Like This||2003|
JOHN SHIRK – Today’s Moment Of Celebration reflects on the influence of a Christian mother.
The Apostle Paul wrote to a young pastor named Timothy by saying, “I have been reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded now lives in you also.”
Here were some faithful women who were witnesses of the Gospel to their offspring. Timothy embraced the same faith of his mother, and that faith that lived in Timothy became stronger and bolder with the encouragement of Paul the Apostle, who was his mentor.
Proverbs 31:30 says that charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
The influence of a Christian mother is a reason to be glad in the Year of Celebration.
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! May 9, 10 & 11, 2014
5) Calvary Bible Church Block Party, tomorrow (Saturday, May 10th) from noon-3pm, 629 Union School Road, Mount Joy. Food, games, train barrel rides, crafts, petting zoo, bounce house, prizes and more. More Info: 717-653-5857.
4) The Kraybill Benefit Auction & Fair tonight (Friday, May 9) and tomorrow (Saturday, May 10) at Lancaster Mennonite School – Kraybill campus. Mechanical Bull Ride, Inflatable Obstacle Course, Dunk Tank, Pedal Carts, Face Painting and more. More Info: www.kraybillauction.com
3) Fore Change – Putting an End to Hunger in Haiti Miniature Golf Tournament & Family Fun Day, tomorrow (Saturday, May 10) at Heritage Hills Golf Resort in York. Bounce House, Face Painting, Steven Courtney Concert. and more. More info:forechange.org
2) Friendship Community’s Fest and Auction tonight (Friday, May 9) and tomorrow (Saturday, May 10th) on the grounds of Friendship Community, East Oregon Rd, Lititz, with a Pancake and sausage breakfast, kids activities by Cherry Crest Adventure Farm, Friday Night Steven Courtney & The Suitcase Musicians Concert and More. More Info: www.friendshipcommunity.net
1) Susquehanna Valley Pregnancy Services Walk Plus for Life, tomorrow (Sat. May 10th) at Calvary Church in Lancaster and South Hills Park, Lebanon . Registration begins at 7:30am. Walk, 5K Run, Motorcycle Ride, Kids’ Zones, Kids’ Stage, Chicken BBQ! More Info: http://www.svps.org/
RADIO FRIEND PHIL – Greetings! It’s time for this week’s New Tunes at 9 Roundup. (New Tunes at 9, one-hour of new and emerging music, weeknights at 9 p.m. on WJTL.)
The Junction Center has been buzzing with activity in recent weeks; Steve Taylor & the Perfect Foil played a show in the tent last weekend with the Peter Furler Band; John Mark McMillan is playing Friday night at the Junction Center Tent. For the complete lineup, click http://www.thejunctioncenter.com/
Two weeks ago, Marty Shaughnessy & the Stars Are Spies played a show at the Junction Center. Singer Marty Shaughnessy was joined by fellow guitarist Steve Bridgeman and percussionist Aaron Gagne (all three of whom played together in the Rainchildren); they were accompanied by Mike Bitts, accomplished bass player for the Innocence Mission (who played both fretted and fretless basses).
The Rainchildren built a loyal fan-base in the mid-to late ‘90s; their independent music was an original mix of rock, roots, and rhythm. Rainchildren played the Creation and Purple Door Festivals, and released several independent projects.
For more on Marty Shaughnessy & the Stars are Spies, go to http://www.martyshaughnessy.com/
JOHN SHIRK – Today’s Moment Of Celebration reflects on the greatness of God.
These are the words of Psalm 145, starting at verse 3.
“Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom. One generation will commend your works to another; they will tell of your mighty acts. They will speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty, and I will meditate on your wonderful works. They will tell of the power of your awesome works, and I will proclaim your great deeds. They will celebrate your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness.”
Here is one way we can apply this portion of Scripture into our lives today. Think of some great deed that God has done such as the creation of the world or His redemptive work of sending Jesus into the world. Then, tell someone about it, and what it means to us.
The Greatness of God is a reason to be glad in the Year of Celebration.
Congratulations to WJTL, Kids Cookie Break, and host Lisa Landis – winner of The Pennsylvania Association of Broadcasters Excellence in Broadcasting Radio Judges Merit Award for The Kids Cookie Break Fest 2013. On Monday (May 5) Fred, Lisa and Kristi attended the annual gathering of Pennsylvania Broadcasters and received the award during a special ceremony at the Hotel Hershey.