INTERN KATLYN – Would you like to win prizes to complement your car including, CDs, WJTL gear and other prizes? Your WJTL bumper sticker can help you win! Be a part of our Bumper Sticker Contest taking place from May 18 – August 1.
Do you have a WJTL Bumper Sticker ? If not, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know if you want a bumper sticker or a static sticker and include an address that we can mail it too. You can also pick up your WJTL Bumper sticker at our table at any WJTL event. Once your WJTL bumper sticker is on your vehicle, you can wait for us to spot you or email us a picture of your car for a chance to win!
Entries Must Include:
- A picture of your WJTL bumper sticker or static sticker on your vehicle
- Your name, address, phone number, and your email address
- One entry per person/vehicle
The contest continues all summer, so get your WJTL bumper sticker on your car! Remember, you can enter by being spotted or emailing us your entry to email@example.com. Join the fun by treating your car on the outside and we will treat your car on the inside, so be ready, because we’ll be spotting you!
Five Fun Free Family Things To Do This Weekend May 22-25
5) Bethany Christian Services 5K Walk and Run, tomorrow (May 23) from 8am – noon at The Junction Center in Manheim. All proceeds support the Safe Families for Children ministry of Bethany Christian Services of Central PA. The run is professionally timed. Lisa and the Kids Cookie Break Broadcasting Live! Chick-Fil-A Cookies, prizes and a chance to win Hershepark Tickets and Slugs and Bugs Concert tickets. More Info: http://www.bethany.org/lancaster/5kcentralpa
4) Celebrate Fourth Friday at the Susquehanna River Towns of Columbia, Marietta, and Wrightsville, tonight (Friday, May 22) from 5-9pm. Take a self-guided tour and visit galleries, antique shops, specialty shops, and restaurants throughout the area. View exhibits from local artists and more: More Info: http://lancasterpa.com/river-towns/
3) Jazz on the Hill tonight (Fri. May 22) from 5-8pm at Lincoln Middle School in Lancaster featuring the Lincoln Middle School Jazz Band & Jazz Chorus, JP McCaskey High School Jazz Band, Burrowes Elementary Musicians Plus an Art Show by Lincoln Middle School Students.
2) Memorial Day Patriotic Benefit Concert to benefit the Lebanon VA Hospital – Memorial Day Monday (May 25) 7pm at St. John’s Lutheran Church in Maytown. This Patriotic concert will also feature Broadway and Pop selections. An Ice Cream socail to follow. More Info: 717 426-1163
1) Mount Joy Memorial Day Parade tomorrow (Saturday, May 23) The parade will begin at the upper end of W. Main Street in Mount Joy at 2 pm. The parade will head east thru Mount Joy and will feature local bands, fire companies, floats and of course, be sure to look for the WJTL team! More Info: (717) 653-4227
JOHN SHIRK – In the Year of Connection, today’s Encounter with Jesus examines the parable of a Pharisee and tax collector.
In Luke 18, Jesus told this story to some people who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everybody else.
“Two men went up to the temple to pray. One was a Pharisee, and the other was a tax collector. The Pharisee stood up and prayed about himself: “God, I thank you that I am not like the other men-robbers, evildoers, adulterers-or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.”
But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast, and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said that this man rather than the Pharisee, went home justified before God.
A daily connection with Christ takes us to a humble place of recognizing our need for God’s mercy every single day.
JOHN SHIRK – Today’s Relationship-Building Principle comes from Genesis 50:20.
Joseph was a godly man with great influence in the land of Egypt. His brothers had rejected him when he was a teenage boy. They were jealous of him and would not speak kindly to him. Many years later, they needed his help. When his brothers came to Egypt seeking relief from the famine, they made their appeal to Joseph, who had a choice to make. He could let the past embitter him against his brothers, or he could forgive them and offer them aid.
Joseph returned their hostility with kindness. This is a pattern similar to how God treats a world that has treated Him with hostility because of our sin. He has responded by offering us grace. He sent Jesus to the world, whose sacrifice on the cross overcame evil with good.
Near the end of his life, Joseph could look back and see the wisdom of God’s plan through the good, bad, and the ugly. He said to his brothers, “You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives. So then, don’t be afraid. I will provide for you and your children. And he reassured them and spoke kindly to them.” That is an expression of undeserved grace, the kind of grace that can restore broken relationships.
Overcoming evil with good is a relationship-building principle to take to heart in the Year of Connection.
JOHN SHIRK – Today’s Relationship-Building Principle comes from Acts 14:26.
This chapter of the Bible traces the missionary adventures of Paul and Barnabas as they went to different places to share the Gospel. Eventually, they went back to Antioch, which was their launching point.
As they arrived, they gathered the church together to report all that God had done through them and how He had opened the door of faith to the Gentiles. And they stayed there a long time with the disciples.
When missionaries return to their launching point, the church that supports their work, they have the opportunity to share what God is doing through their work, and the church has the opportunity to celebrate with the missionary. Praise reports from the mission field have a way of showing the church how their support is making a difference for the Gospel, and energizes the church to continue supporting the work of missions.
This can happen on a personal level between friends too, where we share how we have seen God at work, and encourage one another to keep shining the light of the Gospel by being a faithful witness for Jesus.
Sharing praise reports of how God is at work is a vital relationship-building principle to take to heart in the Year of Connection.
JOHN SHIRK – In the Year of Connection, today’s Encounter with Jesus examines our restoration to God through His blood.
When Jesus died on the cross, the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. God was providing a way for us to enter into relationship with Him through the blood of Jesus.
Hebrews 10:19 says, “Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings….”
The sacrifice of Jesus for us means that we have access to His throne of grace. We can pray to Him with a believing heart and have confidence that He loves us and hears the cries from our heart.
A daily connection with Christ enables us to draw near to God the Father and to live with confidence in Him.
Your May 17th edition of Some Sort of Rock Show features new music from Family Force 5, Bread of Stone, Ravenhill, & Emery!
Here’s the complete list:
Diamonds in the Dark – We Are Leo
Praise Him – Aaron Gillespie
Fire It Up – Thousand Foot Krutch
What Matters – Embers In Ashes
Love Changed Everything – Bread of Stone
Forget And Not Slow Down – Relient K
Move – Audio Adrenaline
Edge Of My Life – Manafest
Walk On Water – Family Force 5
Beyond Me – TobyMac
Safety (featuring Stephen Christian) – Fireflight
Those Nights – Skillet
The Worst Kind of Gods – House of Heroes
Honesty – House of Heroes
Nothing Left to Lose – PIONEER
We Are Destroyer – Anberlin
Lights Out – Silverline
Mercy – Ravenhill
Let Us Love – Needtobreathe
Stranger – Hearts Like Lions
You Are The Light – Nine Lashes
Enough To Let Me Go – Switchfoot
Moving On – Waiting Hill
The Less You Say – Emery
You’re Not Alone – Prepare the Way
Angels & Demons – Disciple
Darkest Part – RED
Hope Is Alive – Abandon
Something New – The Lasting Hope
Breathe Again (Ft. Matty Mullins) – Spoken
Monster – After Edmund
|The Ascension||Phil Wickham||The Ascension||2013|
|Be Praised||Jon And Tiffany Aitken||We Honor You||2011|
|Jesus, Only Jesus||Matt Redman||Passion: Let The Future Begin||2013|
|Grace Changes Everything (Featuring Neli Atiga & Marisol Azada Maniano)||Every Nation Church Singapore||Redemption Song||2014|
|Indescribable||Laura Story||Great God Who Saves||2008|
|Always||Kristian Stanfill||Passion: Here For You||2011|
|Come Alive||Jeremy Camp||Reckless||2014|
|You Make Me Brave (feat. Amanda Cook)||Bethel Music||You Make Me Brave (Live)||2014|
|Beautiful Exchange||Hillsong Worship||A Beautiful Exchange||2010|
|Desert Soul||Rend Collective||Homemade Worship By Handmade People||2012|
|This Is Amazing Grace||Jeremy Riddle||Bethel Live: For The Sake Of The World||2012|
|Good to Me||Audrey Assad||Fortunate Fall||2013|
|Hallelujah Jesus||Evan Wickham||Mysterious Things||2005|
|It is Well (feat. Kristene DiMarco)||Bethel Music||You Make Me Brave (Live)||2014|
|Victors Crown||Darlene Zschech||[digital single]||2014|
|Almighty (feat. Chris Tomlin) [Live]||Passion||Passion: Take It All (Deluxe Edition / Live)||2014|
|Death of Death||Charlie Hall Band||The Death of Death||2013|
|Cornerstone (My Hope Is Built)||Hillsong Live||Cornerstone EP||2013|
|Forever (feat. Brian Johnson)||Bethel Music||Tides||2013|
|Great I Am (feat. Jared Anderson)||New Life Worship||You Hold It All||2011|
|Revelation Song (feat. Kari Jobe)||Gateway Worship||Cover The Earth||2006|
|Holy Spirit||Bryan & Katie Torwalt||Here On Earth||2011|
|Brokenness Aside||All Sons & Daughters||Season One||2012|
|God Youre Beautiful||Anthony Skinner||Forever And A Day||2004|
|Let It Be Jesus (feat. Passion)||Christy Nockels||Passion: Take It All (Deluxe Edition)||2014|
|Christ Be All Around Me||All Sons & Daughters||All Sons & Daughters||2014|
|At Your Name (Forever)||Tim Hughes||Love Shine Through||2011|
|Fling Wide||Misty Edwards||Fling Wide||2009|
|Give Us Clean Hands||Charlie Hall Band||The Death of Death||2013|
|From The Inside Out||Hillsong United||United We Stand||2005|
|If You Say Go||Rita Springer||Vineyard – Sweetly Broken||2006|
|Be Thou Exalted (feat. Jon Egan, Mia Fields)||New Life Worship||You Hold It All||2011|
|Jesus Lord Of Heaven||Phil Wickham||Cannons||2007|
|How He Loves||John Mark McMillan||The Song Inside The Sounds Of Breaking Down||2005|
|10,000 Reasons (Bless The Lord) (feat. Passion)||Matt Redman||Passion: White Flag||2012|
|Joy||Rend Collective||The Art of Celebration||2014|
|You Are The Fire||Michael W. Smith||Sovereign||2014|
|Glowing Hearts||Seven Places||Glowing||2007|
|Here I Am To Worship (feat. Martin Smith of Delirious||Tim Hughes||Happy Day||2009|
Five Fun Free Family Things To Do This Weekend May 15-17
5) Hope for Haiti Third Annual Benefit Auction tomorrow (Saturday, May 16)at the Hertzog Farm—across from Metzler Mennonite Church—Beginning at 9am. The day will feature a variety of food, kids games, and an auction; proceeds benefit Life Connection Mission. More Info: lifeconnectionmission.org
4) Freedom Fun Fair tomorrow (Saturday, May 16) 10am-2pm. Free food, games, petting zoo, inflatables, face painting, pony rides, and tons of prizes. Rain or shine at the Lebanon Valley Bible Church in Campbelltown. More Info: www.lvbiblechurch.org
3) 32nd Annual Rhubarb Fest tonight and tomorrow (Friday, May 15 & Saturday May 16) at Kitchen Kettle Village – Intercourse, PA. Rhubarb Race Car Derby, Rhubarb Whoopie Pie Filling Contest, Music, prizes and more. The event is free, proceeds benefit Lancaster Farmland Trust. More Info: kitchenkettle.com
2) Go Beyond – Week of Service Celebration – Sunday (May 17) beginning at 9am at Clipper Magazine Stadium. Worship by the Vertical Church Band, New York Yankee Legend Bobby Richardson will speak, and his son Pastor Bobby Richardson will give the message. More Info: http://www.go-beyond.us
1) 62nd Annual Sertoma Chicken Barbecue tomorrow (Saturday May, 16) at Lancaster’s Longs Park. Lisa and Kids Cookie Break Broadcasting live from 9-noon. Damien Drago Rockin Thru History Band, Juan Catorce Band and Joy Ike performing on the Weaver’s Garage stage starting at noon and the 9th Annual Talent Challenge from 2-4p. Come vote for your favorite and support Longs Park, Kids Camps and the Petting Zoo. Experience the World’s LArgest Chicken Barbecue. More Info: Sertoma Blog at WJTL.com
Join us this Saturday for the 62nd Annual Sertoma Chicken Barbecue.
Once again this year WJTL will be featuring performances on The Weaver’s Garage Stage. We will be located between the Pond and the Tennis Courts in the little grove of trees at the same spot we’ve been for the past several years.
9am-noon – Lisa and Kids Cookie Break Broadcasting Live
Weaver’s Garage Stage Schedule
2p-4p – WJTL 9th Annual Talent Challenge
Oren Martin (Yo-yo-ist) Under the Sun (4 member group) Cristabelle Braden (singer/songwriter) Able (rapper) Olivia, Grace, & A (singers, “cups”) Devon Eshleman (guitarist) Rooted (worship band) Chandler Miller (cup stacker) Juliana Schnee (singer/songwriter) Freedom Lights (folk duo)
4p – Joy Ike
Come out and enjoy some great chicken barbecue, Support Long’s Park, hear some great artists and Vote for your favorite during the WJTL Talent Challenge. We hope to see you there.
** Since this event is outdoors, it is subject to weather and to change. Thanks.