April 26, 27 & 28, 2013
5) The 7 Project at Night Festival, Garden Spot High School in New Holland, tonight (Fri. April 26th) at 7pm A fun family and community event that churches, youth, and students from around the community have planned together to help unite the community and the church. Free food, Free prizes, Games and giveaways. Pro Skater Zach Wenrich and World’s Strongest Redneck – Steve McGranahan will give presentations. More Info: (717) 390- 7950
4) FAMILY DAY ON THE FARM, Sunday (April 28, 2013) 1-5pm, Rolling Hills Ranch Lane, Port Deposit, MD. Live Music, Pony Rides, Animals To Pet, Moon Bounces, Vendors, Yard Sale Items, Face Painting, Children’s Games, Hay Rides, Tour the Extreme Makeover Home from the hit TV Show Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and equestrian demonstrations. All Proceeds go to Freedom Hills Therapeutic Riding Program More info: www.freedomhills.org,
3) St. Jacob’s UCC & St. Jacob’s Lutheran are having a Rip Roaring Fun Fair tomorrow (April 27th) 11am-2pm at 100 E. George St, York New Salem. Games, face painting, hair dying, Clowns, food and more. More info: 717-792-4326
2) Kiss Hershey Back, a beautification effort spanning Derry Township,led by Penn State College of Medicine students, tomorrow (Saturday, April 27) 10am-1pm. Plant flowers and trees and pick up litter. A pre-event breakfast will take place at 8am. on the campus of Penn State Hershey Medical Center. Register to volunteer at www.kisshersheyback.blogspot.com.
1) Earth Day event at Sahd Salvage Center in Columbia tomorrow (Sat. April 27th) from 9am-1pm. FREE Family fun! 30 Vendors teaching families how to Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, learning about alternative fuels, processes and countless forms of recycling. Kids Cookie Break Broadcasting Live, Free Paper Shredding by Shred-It and clothing and houshold goods recycling by Goodwill. More Info: http://recycleyourmetal.com/
April 19, 20 & 21, 2013
5) Plow Day at Fehr Field Farm, Ferrebee Road in Pine Grove, tomorrow, (Saturday, April 20) Beginning at 9 AM, Plowing demonstrations using antique tractor horses and mules. Sponsored by Schuylkill County Agricultural Museum. More Info:www.schuylkillfair.com
4) An evening of worship with the National Christian Choir on Sunday evening, (April 21st) at 6PM at the Five Forks Brethren In Christ Church in Waynesboro, PA. More info: 717.762.2991
3) Free Kids Spring Fling at Wrap-N-Go Florist, York Haven Road in Etters tomorrow (Saturday, April 20) 10am-3pm. Celebrate Spring, Earth Day, and Arbor Day with tons of fun and educational activities, including a Scavenger Hunt, Bob’s Critters, Jimbo the Clown Balloon Art, Bounce House, Popcorn, Cotton Candy, games, prizes, crafts, Newberrytown Police will be conducting car seat safety checks. A firetruck, ambulance, recycling truck and more!.
2) The Millersville University Chapter of the American Meteorological Society will host its 5th annual Weather Day, tomorrow (Saturday, April 20) 11am-3pm, at Pucillo Gymnasium. Admission and food is FREE! Weather demonstrations by Millersville Meteorology students, a live weather balloon launch, Cool weather booths, experiments, crafts, and weather professionals. Free hot dogs, soda, popcorn, cotton candy and FUN!More info: muweatherday.com
1) KCB live at Sky Fest Summer Camp Preview with Summit International Family fun day to preview the brand new summer camp, tomorrow, (Saturday April 20) KCB Live, 9am to noon, the event continues throughout the afternoon. Pony Rides, Bounce Houses, Kids’ Carnival , Climbing Wall, and former New York Jet Mark Gastineau. SKY Summer Camp is located at 74 Harrison School Road Grantville. More info: www.skysummercamp.org
April 12, 13 & 14, 2013
5) Jesse Rothacker and Forgotten Friends Reptiles will be at DOVE Westgate Church in Ephrata tonight (Friday, April 12) at 6:30pm to conduct a reptile show for families. Snacks will be provided after the show. More Info: 717-721-3775
4) Ichthus Coffee House at Emmanuel Evangelical Free Church of York, Sunday, (April 14) from 7-11pm. Open mic from 7 to 8 and Featured Band, “Under The Son” at 8 PM till 9 PM followed by more open mic.
3) Several worship bands from Lancaster Bible College will host an evening of worship with guest artists and local youth bands, Tonight (Friday, April 12) from 7-9PM at Lancaster Bible College Chapel. Free tickets are required for admission. Donations will be received to help with the cost of the event. More Info: 717-560-8218
2) BeadforLife Opportunity Tour Sunday (April 14) at
St. John’s Episcopal Church, 321 W. Chestnut St. Lancaster, 6:30pm-8:30pm. Meet Joan & Teddy! Both were living on less than a dollar a day until they met BeadforLife. Hear these two entrepreneurs who changed their lives when given a small opportunity. Learn how they earned money and started vibrant businesses that now support their families. More info: BeadForLife.org
1) Annual Lancaster Barnstormers Fan Fest at Clipper Magazine Stadium, Saturday (April 13) Admission to the event is FREE. Gates will open at noon. Barnstormers will host the Camden Riversharks at 1:00 p.m The first 200 fans will receive a FREE hot dog combo meal and the first 150 kids through the gate will receive FREE cotton candy. Turkey Hill will also be passing out FREE ice cream cups. Bring your gloves for pre-game toss and catch on the outfield grass, and kids can make the post-game dash around the bases. A face painter and a balloon artist will also be on hand. More Info: (717) 509-4487
April 5, 6 & 7, 2013
5) The Trust Performing Arts Center Coffee House Hosted by LBC. Get the first look at the Trust Performing Arts Center. LBC bands: Stuart Young, Alicia Carver, Jamie Saez. and more, as part of First Friday Lancaster, Tonight (Friday, April 5) 6-9pm More Info: LBC.edu
4) Steven Courtney and the Suitcase Musicians in concert, tonight (Friday, April 5) at Dallastown Elementary School Family Fun Night at 7pm. More Info: stevencourtney.com
3) Piercing Word Ministries Scripture Drama, Sunday (April 7th) at 7pm at Lyndon Mennonite Church in Lancaster. The Piercing Word team will be dramatizing memorized Scripture focusing on Easter Week. More Info: 717 392 4412
2) Free dinner and a movie – Courageous at Palmyra First United Methodist Church in Palmyra on Sunday (April 7th) from 4-7PM. Open and free to the community. Includes guest speaker, former Hershey Bear Willie Marshall. More Info: 717-838-2551
1) 5th Annual Garden Spot Village Marathon, Tomorrow (Saturday, April 6) Marathon, Relay & Half Marathon beginning at 8:00 a.m. KCB Broadcasting Live and giving out FREE goodies including Chick-fil-A cookies! Chances to request songs, win prizes and talk on the radio. All Proceeds Benefit the Garden Spot Village Benevolent Fund. More info: GardenSpotVillageMarathon.org
March 29, 30 and 31, 2013
5) Rock n roll Easter event tomorrow (Sat. March 30) beginning at 10am at Summit View BIC Church in New Holland. Egg hunt, candy, crafts and more. More info: (717)355-2232
4) Hershey Community Church of the Nazarene community Easter egg hunt for children ages 10 and under and special needs children, tomorrow (Saturday, March 30) beginning at 9am. HCC is located one mile east of Milton Hershey’s Founders Hall on route 322. More info: 717-534-2010.
3) Free Easter Egg Hunt for kids age 1-12 on tomorrow (Saturday, March 30) 10am -1pm at Clarks Valley Zion EC Church, McKelvey Rd. Dauphin PA. The egg hunt, games, food, prizes, face-painting and more. Bring your baskets and bags. More info: (717)921-8153
2) The 4th annual Easter Eggstravaganza at Middlesex United Methodist Church, Middlesex Rd., Carlisle – tomorrow (Saturday March 30th), noon to 4pm. Free games, food, crafts, bounce house, and juggling show. More Info: 717-249-2449
1) The Family Center of Gap 2nd Annual Easter Egg Hunt with over 3,000 eggs, tomorrow (Saturday, March 30) beginning at 11am at the lower field by the pond. There will be hunts for three age groups: 18mo-3, 4-6, and 7-12. Bring your own bags and baskets. More info: GapFamilyCenter.org
Last night we had the special blessing of hosting a tour with the Aktion Club from Friendship Community. Friendship Community is a Christian Ministry Cultivating Capabilities of Individuals with Developmental Disabilities in Lancaster and Lebanon Counties of South Central Pennsylvania since 1972. Friendship’s Milt Stoltzfus brought about 25 of their group to tour the Junction Center and find out how Radio and WJTL works. Unbeknown to us, they had also chosen WJTL as one of their organizations to support financially.
Many of the Friendship folks listen to WJTL and count us as friends. One of our on-air highlights each year is when the Friendship Singers come on the morning show and sing Christmas Carols.
Here is a pic of the presentation of their donation and another shot of the tour. Thanks Friendship Community. We love and appreciate you!
March 22, 23 & 24, 2013
5) Emmanuel Baptist Church will be hosting a Community Kids Easter Egg Hunt, Beechwood Lane, Elizabethtown, Sunday (March 24) 1:30-3pm. Activities Include: Games; Popcorn; Face Painting; Coffee, Drinks & Treats; Easter Devotional; and an Egg Hunt! More Info: 717-201-4031
4) Easter Egg Hunt at West Green Tree Church of the Brethren in Elizabethtown tomorrow (Saturday March 23) at 10:30am for Children ages 1-10. There will be light refreshments and a craft following the egg hunt. More Info: 717-653-5367
3) LifePoint Church, Hillcrest Ave Harrisburg will be hosting their annual all-ages Easter Eggstravaganza outreach event, tomorrow (Saturday, March 23) starting at 1 pm (rain or shine), Hours of games, crafts, food and fun for the whole family– absolutely free! Chances to win a free iPod!
2) New Life Church in Lancaster Easter Egg Hunt tomorrow (Sat Mar 23) with over 30,000 candy and prize stuffed eggs, free food, games, and prizes for all ages beginning at 9AM! Please pre-register at newlifelancaster.org
1) KCB at Rockvale Outlets Lancaster tomorrow (Sat. March 23rd) from 9am-Noon. Easter Candy, cookies from Chick-Fil-A Lincoln Highway East and more. More info: kidscookiebreak.com
March 15, 16 & 17, 2013
5) Lebanon Valley Youth For Christ Bids For Kids Benefit Auction Tonight & Tomorrow (March 15 & 16) at Lebanon Valley Expo & Fairgrounds. More Info: lvyfc.com
4) Rainbow’s End 30th Anniversary Banquet featuring Dawson McAllister tomorrow (Saturday, March 16th) 6pm at Kraybill Mennonite School. Free Event. More info: reys.org
3) Night of Worship with the Jimmy Emig Band at Bethany UMC in Lebanon, tomorrow (Saturday, March 16) 6pm! More info: 717-628-1186.
2) The Bryn Mawr Mainliners Men’s Chorus will entertain in barbershop style as part of the Garden Spot Village Saturday Evening Concert Series tomorrow (Sat. March 16th) at 7pm. Classic four-part harmonies and a capella voices. Free. Donations accepted. More info: 717-355-6000
1) 1863 Invasion in the Valley Exhibit, today (Fri, Mar 15, 2013) 10am-2pm at the Cumberland County Historical Society 21 North Pitt Street, Carlisle. In June 1863, Confederate and Union forces clashed in Cumberland County from Shippensburg to Camp HIll. Discover the stories of soldiers, the citizens, and stolen cows, through Civil War artifacts, documents , and photographs. Free Event. More Info: historicalsociety.com
March 8, 9 & 10, 2013
5) The 150+ voice National Christian Choir is performing a free concert at Grace Bible Chapel, 1949 Joseph Biggs Highway, Rising Sun, MD on Sunday (March 10) at 6pm. More info: 410-658-5767
4) Chick-fil-A at Lincoln Highway East in Lancaster is having its first-ever Pirate-Princess Breakfast from 9 to 11am tomorrow (Saturday, March 9) at its location across from Rockvale Outlets. The event will include a special treasure chest craft and appearances by a real “princess and pirate.” Reservations are not required, the event is free, other than the cost of breakfast. More info: chick-fil-a.com/lincolnhighwayeast
3) Audio-book narrator George Guidall will be at the Hershey Public Library on Sunday, (March 10, 2013) at 2pm. Get a behind the scenes look at the making of an audio-book. George has recorded over 900 unabridged novels and is the recipient of two Audie Awards for excellence in audio-book narration. This special event, sponsored by the Friends of the Hershey Library, is free and open to everyone but pre-registration is required. More info: 717 533-6555 or hersheylibrary.org
2) My Brother’s Keeper Ministries International – a ministry to Romania – is having 1st Picnic Lancaster – 2013! Tonight (Friday March 8) 6:30pm at Crossroads Brethren in Christ Church Family Center, Mount Joy. More info: MBK.ro
1) In honor of Charter Day, Sunday, (March 10) many PA Museums will be open for Free, including the State Museum in Harrisburg (where the original charter will be on display), Landis Valley Village & Farm Museum, Ephrata Cloister Museum, Railroad Museum of PA in Strasburg, and many others. More info: (717) 772-3257
March 1, 2 & 3, 2013
5) First Friday Lancaster, tonight (March 1) celebrate the arts in downtown Lancaster – Galleries, museums, artist studios, artisans, unique shops, music and more. More info: lancasterarts.com
4) For the Moms! Sisters In Christ Women’s Conference, tomorrow (Sat. March 2nd) from 6-9pm at Lancaster Bible College. Worship and Speakers. Free event. More Info: PaSistersinChrist.com
3) The Making of a Picture Book with Author Lee Harper
tomorrow (Mar 2, 2013) at Lancaster Public Library, North Duke Street in Lancaster from 10:30-11:30am. Registration is encouraged, seating is limited. More info: (717) 394-2651
2) Dr. Seuss Birthday Party tomorrow (March 2) at Carlisle Theatre, 40 West High St, Carlisle beginning at 2pm. Meet-and-greet and birthday party with Dr. Seuss characters, activities and screening of “The Lorax”. Free event! More info: CarlisleTheatre.org
1) Movie (Undaunted) at Life Streams Productions in Ronks. Tomorrow and Sunday (March 2,& 3) 7pm both nights. Undaunted is the true story of how Josh McDowell set out to prove Jesus Christ never existed — but ended up on a journey that brought him face to face with God’s love and transforming power. Free event, no reservations needed, freewill offering. More info: (717) 687-4263