FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! Oct 18, 19 & 20, 2013
5) Fall Festival tomorrow (Saturday, October 19) 2-6pm at Living Water Community Church in Harrisburg. Free food, games, crafts, inflatables, face painting, and live music. Followed by an outdoor worship service at 6pm. More Info: www.livingwatercc.com
4) Bethany Christian Services – Finding Home: A Night of Compassion Concert tomorrow (Saturday, October 19) 7-9pm at Middletown Area Middle School, Oberlin Road, Middletown. Doors open at 6:30pm. A free will offering will be taken for Bethany Christian Services
3) The Children’s Cancer Recovery Foundation’s First Children’s Festival tomorrow (Saturday, October 19th) from 11am-2pm at Ashcombe Farm & Greenhouses in Mechanicsburg. Children’s book launch, horse show, pumpkin painting, pony rides, mascots, carnival games, and the Turkey Hill Prize Wheel! The event is free for families to attend. The Children’s Cancer Recovery Foundation nationally assists more than 13,000 children, and their families, who are facing the hardships of a cancer diagnosis. More Info: (717) 545-7600
2) Stuart Young in concert, tonight (Friday October 18) from 7-9pm at the Community Room on King for their 1st Coffeehouse and Open Mic Night in their new space. The night will feature 2 sets by Stuart, and an open mic portion. More Info: 717-572-5914
1) WJTLs Family Movie Night tonight (Fri. Oct. 18th) Gates Open at 6pm Movie begins at 7PM at The Junction Center Tent in Manheim. Pedal Cars before the movie. Free Event, but you must have tickets! – More Info: click on the Junction Center tab at WJTL.com
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND of October 11, 12 & 13, 2013
5) A Great Night Out with Mark Cable tomorrow (October 12) 7-9pm at the Church of God of Landisville; A free-will offering will be taken. Doors open at 6pm;
4) First United Methodist Church of Millersburg’s 2nd Annual Apple Festival tomorrow (Saturday, October 12) 11am-3pm. Children’s games and activities, Music, Pie Contest, Apple Dumplings and more. More Info:(717) 692-2719.
3)Boehm’s Chapel’s 28th annual Apple Festival tomorrow (Saturday October 12) 9am-3pm, rain or shine, on the campus of Boehm’s United Methodist Church, Willow Street, PA. Celebrate Apple Harvest time with Apple dumplings, apple pies, apple red beet eggs, apple bread, and apple butter More Info: 717-872-4133,
2) 2) Hinkletown Mennonite School Actuion, tonight and tomorrow (Oct 11 and 12) at the school in Ephrata. The theme is The Great Outdoors with many different outdoor recreation and gardening items along with traditional quilts, collectibles and much more. Tonight from 4 -8:30 pm, tomorrow 9 am auction start, Children’s activities from 10 am-2 pm. For more info: 717-354-7100
1) The Great Giveaway at Calvary Monument Bible Church, Kinzer Road near Gap,Tonight and Tomorrow (Friday, October 11) 9am-6pm & Saturday (October 12) 8am-noon. Hundreds of items offered FREE to the community, including books, magazines, household items, toys, shoes, and clothing. All items are FREE! They are donated for personal use and are not for resale. More Info: 717-442-8161
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! October 4, 5 & 6, 2013
5) Free Community Fall Festival at New Creation Community Church in Dover tomorrow (Saturday, October 5th) from 1 to 4pm. Games with prizes, a Bounce House, a fire truck display, food and drinks, face-painting, make-your-own crafts and more!! More Info: 717-764-0252
4) Water’s Edge Community Church in Cleona Fall Family Fun Day tomorrow (Sat. Oct. 5th) from 11AM-3PM! Face painting, bounce rides, Live Music and kids games! More Info: 717-867-5418
3) Columbia Community Fun Fest Sunday (Oct. 6th) from 2-5PM at LOCUST STREET PARK in DOWNTOWN COLUMBIA. Activities, Games, Music, cupcake baking contest, cake walk, drum circle and more. More Info: 717.951.0171
2) The Fifth Annual Harvest Day at Donegal Presbyterian Church in Mount Joy tomorrow (Saturday October 5th) from 10AM-2PM on the historic church grounds. A bagpipe band, Rescue dogs, J& J Reptiles, Free games & tours of the historic church building and grounds. More Info: 717-653-1943
1) 4th Annual Charity Motorcycle Ride & Community Day tomorrw (Saturday, October 5th) from 1-9:30PM at Gravel Hill UMC in Palmyra. Food, games, door prizes, cake walk, bingo, business vendor booths, inflatables, Zoo America presentation, and pig roast! The evening ends with a free concert by Fireflight with special guests 7eventh Time Down and Kerrie Roberts. More Info: www.gravelhillumc.org
September 27-29, 2013
5) Mt. Hope U.M. Church of Quarryville will hold an Ice Cream Social, tomorrow (Saturday, September 28) at 5 p.m. Don McVey’s Hit or Miss Engine will be powering the ice cream maker. The event is free and will include games and fellowship. More Info: 717 786-4294
4) Family Harvest Festival at Faith Bible Fellowship Church Lancaster, tomorrow (Sat, Sept. 28th) from 3:30-8PM. Carnival games, pony carriage rides, a barrel train, alpacas, moon bounces, clowns, face painting, puppet shows, and a hay ride. There will also be a cake walk, food contests, pie eating contest, and lots of “guess the jar” games. A Free meal will be served from 3:30-6:30. The evening winds up with Forgotten Friends – Jesse Rothacker at 7pm. More Info: 717-285-1900
3) Mitch McVicker in concert at Hinkletown Mennonite Church tonight (Fri. Sept. 27th) at 7PM and tomorrow (Saturday, Sept 28) at United Zion Camp Grove, Manheim at 7pm. Admission is free, a Love Offering will be taken. More info: mitchmcvicker.com
2) Greg Laurie Live-Feed Telecast at Lancaster Grace Church, Rohrerstown Rd. tomorrow and Sunday (September 28-29) from 7 to 9pm. The telecast will originate from the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia. Kirk Franklin, Need to Breathe, Lecrae, the Katinas, Mercy Me, and Jeremy Camp will also be a part. More Info: 717-397-9991
1) Lancaster Bible College Home Coming Weekend, tonight, Tomorrow and Sunday (Sept 27-29), Parents Day, pep rally, fireworks, alumni soccer game, women’s volleyball, women’s & men’s soccer and a classic car show. The Kids Cookie Break will be broadcasting live tomorrow from 9AM-Noon. More info: lbc.edu
September 20, 21 & 22, 2013
5) East Petersburg Days – Friday & Saturday (Sept. 20 & 21) Kids Fun Run, Parade, Chili Cook-off, Music, Comedy, Dance Fireworks & More. More info: www.eastperersburgday.com
4) Brad & Rebekah “WHEN WE GATHER” CD Release Party and Evening of Worship Sunday (September 22) 7pm at Glad Tidings Church, Snyder Road in West Lawn. More info: bradandrebekahmusic.com
3) Kairos Ministries Benefit Concert at the Buckwalter Residence, located on 2674 Buckwalter Rd in Manheim, Sunday (September 22) 3-8pm featuring Kim Goss, Jim Rule, Jordan Buckwalter, Lisa Lewis, Abi Dougherty & Daniel College. Bring blankets/chairs. The event is FREE but please pre-register at kairosguatemalaconcert.eventbrite.com
2) Ephrata Community Church is hosting Family Fest. Sunday (September 22) from 2-6pm. There will be food, games, inflatables, crafts, a car show, archery, barrel train rides, a hot air balloon demonstration, door prizes, a watermelon eating contest, fire trucks, a candy drop, and more! It’s all free. More Info: ephratacommunitychurch.com
1) WJTL’s Family Movie Night! Tonight (Friday, September 20) Gates Open at 6pm, Movie Begins at 7pm. Pedal Cars before the Movie, Uncle Jerry’s Kettle Corn and Turkey Hill Ice Cream available for purchase. Free Event, but you must have tickets! Click on the Junction Center tab at WJTL.com
For the weekend of September 13, 14 & 15, 2013
5) Three families of professional musicians and recording artists will be sharing their talents at Capital Area Christian Church in Mechanicsburg tomorrow (Saturday Sept. 14th) beginning at 7PM. Admission is free, Love Offering being collected in support of Isaiah 61 Ministries – serving the homeless and less fortunate. More Info: 717-557-5166
4) Garden Spot Village show 3 short classic films from the late 1920s featuring the comedy team of Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy tomorrow (Saturday Sept. 14th) beginning at 7PM. “Wrong Again,” “Habeas Corpus” and “Duck Soup” accompanied by renowned theater organist Wayne Zimmerman. It’s Free and Donations will be accepted. More Info: 717-355-6000
3) Salem Hellers Church Lancaster and Set Apart Ministries invite you to a Fun Fair tomorrow (Saturday, September 14th) from 3 to 7 pm. The Fun Fair will be held in the field across from Salem Hellers Church, on the corner of Hellers Church and Horseshoe Roads. Games, prizes, food, A bounce house, a dunk tank and more. More Info: 717-656-9249.
2) The Conestoga Herb Guild’s Annual Herb Festival tomorrow (Sat. Sept. 14th) from 9AM-2PM. The Herb Fest is held at the Boettcher House in Landis Woods Park behind the Neffsville Mennonite Church. Wreath-making demonstrations and a Children’s Corner plus many items for purchase. More info: 717-330-6472.
1)Landis Homes Fellowship Days, tomorrow (Saturday, September 14) 8am-2pm. Auction, Garage Sale, Chicken Barbecue, Kids Activities and The Kids Cookie Break broadcasting Live in the morning. More Info (717) 569-3271
Read Lisa’s Firsthand account of how God used Social Media to inspire prayer among His people from Ken Mueller’s inkling media blog.
September 6-8, 2013
5) The Strasburg Heritage Society will hold its 39th annual Antique and Craft Show tomorrow (Saturday, September 7th) from 9AM to 4PM. Over 40 vendors as well as demonstrations of traditional crafts and trades. The historic 1793 John Shroy House will be open for tours. Events include, live music, a quilt raffle, and admission is free. More Info: 717-687-8816 **Update: this event was recently cancelled, with the exception of the quilt raffle. Click here for details from www.LancasterOnline.com
4) Colonial Days 250th Anniversary of St Paul’s Wolf’s Church in York tomorrow (Saturday, September 7) beginning at 11am. The Central Middle School Fife and Drum Corp will perform, Scott Mingus – author and historian will speak. There will be games for children, cake walks, chicken corn soup, homemade apple butter and more. More Info: 717-792-0731
3) 2013 Apple Fest, tomorrow (Saturday, September 7) 4-8pm.
at Lancaster County Christian School, Games and Crafts, Community Meal and a concert by Phredd! More info:(717) 431-5061
2) Opening Night at the Community Room on King as part of First Friday Lancaster, tonight (Friday, September 6) from 6-9pm. The night will include an art show showcasing local talent and a concert by Matt Wheeler and Vintage Heart. More info: 717-572-5914
1) Outbreak Festival tomorrow (Saturday, September 7) from 10am to 6pm at the East Petersburg Community Park. Outbreak will feature many speakers and entertainers, as well as artists, games, trophies, and great food. More Info: hempfieldcob.org
August 30 & 31 and September 1, 2013 – Labor Day Weekend.
5) Huffnagle Park Concert Series, tomorrow (Saturday, Aug 31) 7:00p to 9:00p, Quarryville. The Lampeter-Strasburg Community Band and the Flipside Big Band will perform. Bring lawn chairs. More Info: 717 393-7541
4) Juan Catorce Band will be celebrating the release of their first full-length album at the Art & Soul Cafe in Mountville on tomorrow (Saturday, August 31). Doors open at 6:30 PM, and the show starts at 7:00 PM with a special acoustic set by Fervency. The release party will be an evening of music, art, food, and prizes for the whole family. Kids will be able to create their own piñata. Admission is free!
3) 29th Annual Hospice Labor Day Auction at the Lampeter Fairgrounds, Labor Day weekend, tomorrow (Saturday, August 31) thru Monday, September 2. Auctions of thousands of items, including quilts, handmade Amish furniture, original artwork, autographed sports memorabilia, plants & garden supplies, used items and much, much more. More Info: hospicecommunity.org
2) Heart of Lancaster County Arts and Craft Show, tomorrow (Saturday, August 31) and Sunday at Roots Market, Graystone Rd., Manheim from 10am-4pm. Over 200 local and regional fine arts and crafts vendors, with 50 live demonstrations, food and music by Susquehanna Pipes and Drums, as well as the Jazz Group, Over Easy. Admission for those attending is free. More INfo: hlcshow.com
1) Kids Cookie Break Fest, tomorrow (Saturday, August 31) Morning program 10am-2pm and Evening 3pm-7pm. If you weren’t able to get tickets you can Listen live on WJTL to concerts by Slugs & Bugs, Steven Courtney and the Suitcase Musicians, Chip Richter, King’s Strings & Phredd. Listen online at WJTL.com.
FRED MCNAUGHTON – There are no more tickets available for Kids Cookie Break Fest. Both the Morning and Evening Programs are completely “SOLD OUT”. No tickets will be available at the door. Everyone must have a ticket to attend. There will be a limited amount of lunches available for purchase on site. We will be broadcasting portions of KCB Fest Live on the radio tomorrow and online at WJTL.com.