FRED MCAUGHTON – Lisa is in Kenya with Rafiki Africa . Rafiki Africa has a school on their campus in Alendu, Kenya. Most of our students at LightHouse Academy are orphans and come from families where there is no access to education. The families make less than $1.00 per day. At LightHouse the students receive Christian education, 2 meals a day, after school and holiday programs and all school supplies. You have the opportunity to support some of the students on a monthly basis. We’ve included photos of Merab and Samantha. Check out more of Lisa’s photos at the WJTL facebook page and listen to her past reports at our WJTLCasts page. And of course, stay tuned as Lisa continues to bring us live reports.
Fred McNaughton – FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! September 14, 15 & 16, 2012
5) The Denver Fair, today and tomorrow (Fri and Sat, Sept 14 and 15) – Rides, Food, Exhibits, Animals, Petting Zoo, Pet Show, Jello Eating Contest, Fireworks and more. More info thedenverfair.com
4) Brittney’s Hope Walk of Love, 5k run and fun walk, tomorrow (Saturday, Sept 15) 9am Ironstone Ranch, Elizabethtown. Benefits orphan care and adoption expenses. Face Painting, Pony Rides and more.More info: Walkoflove.com
3) Free Family Night In The Park tomorrow (Sat. Sept. 15th) from 4-7pm at Elizabethtownship Community Park featuring ventriloquist Sandy Andy, KCB Fest favorites This Way Up, and Jim Rule. There will also be a bounce house, crafts, games, face painting, balloon twisting and free FOOD! Sponsored by River of Life, New Beginings and Brickerville Grace Church. More info: 717-665-7195
2) Gravel Hill’s Community Day 2012, tomorrow (Saturday, September 15) events all afternoon and evening, fun, fellowship, live music including REMEDY DRIVE AT Gravel Hill United Methodist Church in Palmyra. EVERYTHING is free! MORE INFO: (717) 838-4721
1)Paradise Township 300th anniversary parade/celebration. tomorrow (Sat. Sept. 15th) beginning at 10am. The parade will form at McIlvane Rd, then west on route 30 to Londvale Road. After the parade at Paradise Park, there will be Music, food, games, crafts, re-enactors, Native American Heritage, tractors, calliope steam engine, farmers market, 300th anniversary memorabilia and more. The day ends with a car raffle and auctions of memorabilia. More info: 717-768-8222
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! September 7, 8 and9, 2012
5) Ichthus Coffeehouse featuring the music of Matt Wheeler tomorrow (Saturday, Sept 8) 7pm, Icthus Coffeehouse is located on Witmer Rd in York. More info: 717-741-0679
4) COBYS Bike and Hike Sunday (Sept. 9th) beginning at 1:30PM at Lititz Church of the Brethren in Lititz. The event includes a 3 mile walk, 10 and 25 mile bike rides and a 65 mile motorcycle ride. WJTL will be broadcasting live from 3-5PM. More info: cobys.org
3) Crossway Church in Millersville is holding a free Open House as part of their Grand Opening Weekend tomorrow (Saturday September 8) from 4pm to 8pm. There will be free food, cotton candy, snow cones and popcorn. Also, carnival games, hayride, live music and tours of the new facility. More info: crosswaypa.org
2) 12th Annual Cruisin’ the Colors of the Harvest at Lloyd H. Fuhrman Memorial Park in Maytown tomorrow (Sat. Sept. 8) 2:30-6PM. A free family car, truck, cycle & antique tractor show. Kids activities, Bounce House, barrel train ride, and more. Cash donations will be accepted to benefit the Maytown Fire Company and non-perishable food items will be taken to benefit the East Donegal area Food Bank.
1) Landis Homes Fellowship Day and Auction, tomorrow (Saturday, Sept 8) 7am-3pm, 1001 East Oregon Rd
Lititz, Auction, Food, KCB’s Lisa Landis Live with Grandma Landis and her Harmonica! More info: landishomes.org
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! August 31, Sept 1, 2 and 3, 2012
5) Garden Tractor Pulls tomorrow (Sat Sep 1) at Newberrytown Peddlers Market, Dover, PA from 10am – 2pm
More info: 717-932-4264
4)Christian Recording Artist, Derek Sandstrom in concert Sunday (Sept. 2nd) at 7:30pm at the Mt.Olivet Campmeeting. A free-will offering will be received. More info: 717-503-8520
3) The 28th Annual Labor Day Auction to Benefit Hospice of Lancaster County at the Lampeter Fairgrounds today, tomorrow (Saturday, Sept 1) and Sunday (Sept 2) More info:717 295-3900
2) 25th Annual Heart of Lancaster Arts and Craft Showtomorrow (Saturday, Sept 1) and Sunday (Sept 2) from 10am to 4pm both days rain or shine, at Root’s Market, Manheim. 200 Select Artists and Craftsmen from Pennsylvania and nearby states will display their work. Live entertainment by the Susquehanna Pipes and Drums and a Jazz group, Over Easy. More info: heartoflancasterartsandcraftshow.com
1) High School Football kicks off this weekend, take in a game, enjoy the band, some are free, some a nominal charge. Tonight Warwick takes on Manheim Central, Hempfield visits Lampeter Strasburg, E-town plays Donegal, Central Dauphin tackles Manheim Township and Dallastown visits Lancaster Catholic. Lots more games on schedule! One place that you can get more info - Lancasteronline.com has a blog called TheHuddle with lots of info.
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! Aug 24, 25 & 26, 2012
5) FREE COFFEE HOUSE at Enola First Church of God tonight (Fri. Aug. 24) at 7pm Featuring “Randy Simpson”. Refreshments will be served. A freewill offering will be received. More info: enolacog.com
4)Garden Spot Village in New Holland is showing the movie “Dolphin Tale” tonight (Fri Aug 24) beginning at dusk. The movie,based on a true story will be shown on the 40-foot-high Turkey Hill screen. Tune in to the soundtrack on your car radio or listen to the outdoor sound system. More info: 717-355-6000
3) A Community Family Fun day tomorrow (Sat. Aug. 25th) at Christ United Methodist Church in Yorkana. fun, food, fellowship and activities. More info: 717-755-3998
2) 46th Annual Lititz Springs Park Antique Show tomorrow (Sat. Aug. 25th) 9am-4pm Outdoor antique and collectibles show. No admission fee. More info: 717-626-4573
1) Zion Lutheran Church Peach Festival in Kutztown tomorrow (Sat. Aug. 25th) from 4-9pm. Homemade food, games, and music. The festival helps support a variety of charities, including Habitat for Humanity, Care Net, and the Potato Project, More info: 610-683-6853
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! Aug 17, 18 and 19, 2012
5) Peach Festival at Cedar Grove Presbyterian Church in East Earl tomorrow (Sat. Aug. 18) from 7:30AM-1PM. Book and bake sale, white elephant, crafts and silent auction, Breakfast and lunch available. More info: 717-354-5573.
4)Touch a Truck – an interactive hands-on experience children to see, touch, and explore a variety of working trucks and vehicles seen in everyday life, up close and personal. Colonial Park Community Baptist Church in Harrisburg tomorrow (Sat. Aug. 18) from 9AM-Noon. Vehicles will include a police car, fire truck, tow truck, garbage truck, and more.
More info: 717-545-3261
3) Winterstown United Methodist Church in Felton is having a Community Back to School Family Fun Day Saturday (August 18) from 10am – 2pm. Emergency vehicles, games, inflatable rides, food and schools supplies for children in daycare and grades K thru 6th grade. More Info: 717-244-1984.
2) Free Family Concert featuring Steven Courtney tomorrow (Saturday August 18) 11am at the Adams-Ricci Park in East Pennsboro. Door prizes, fun activities for kids, and free stuff! More info: 717-683-7275
1) The Movie “October baby” will be showing tomorrow and Sunday (August 18 & 19) at 7pm at Life Streams Productions in Ronks. A freewill offering will be recieved, no reservations needed, More Information: (717) 687-4263
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! August 3, 4 and 5, 2012
5) Community Fun Day at Immanuel Church in Mechanicsburg tomorrow (Sat. Aug. 4th) from 10am-2pm. Classic Cars, Pony Rides, Petting Zoo, Bounce House, Slide, Games, Kids Crafts, Games, and more!!! More info: 717-766-4633
4) Dunkard Valley Live – Christian Music Festival for all ages tomorrow and Sunday (Aug. 4th & 5th) at Codorus Church of the Brethren Ballfield, Dallastown. Craft Tables. Kids Tent. Prayer Tent. Various Bands & Speakers.
More info: dunkardvalleylive.com
3)Cavod Academy’s Open House tomorrow (Sat. Aug. 4th) from 11am-3pm, East Main St. New Holland. Bounce House, Face Painting, Food, WJTL Broadcasting live noon to 2pm. More info: cavodacademy.com
2) Missions Fest Lancaster and Smoketown Aviation Fair at Smoketown Airport today thru Sunday (Aug 3-5) Special Speakers, Exhibits, Flight Demonstrations, Kids area. More info: missionsfestlancaster.org
1) Teen Haven In the City – tomorrow (Saturday, Aug 4) 9am-5pm at Water Street Ministries, Queen Street, Lancaster. Chances to win and request songs. Moonbounce, Firetrucks, Contests, Facepainting, KCB Broadcasting Live, Lisa will play Olympic themed games, Richie Righteous & PHREDD Concert. More Info: kidscookiebreak.com
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!!
5) Bruce Fite in concert, tomorrow (Sat July 287) 1:30pm, (event begins at 11am) at Kreider’s Market, in Kirkwood. There will be a moon bounce and other fun activities. More info: 717-529-6944
4) Weaver Believer Survival Revival will be in concert tomorrow (Sat, July 28) at 7pm, the band will follow its roots from Georgia back to Lancaster County to perform a unique mixture of blue-grass, southern gospel, and country music at Faith United Methodist Church in Lititz. Weather permitting, the concert will be on the church lawn. Rain venue will be the Faith Church sanctuary. A free-will offering will be taken. More info: 717-560-0321
3) Petra Christian Fellowship Third Annual Cruise In, tomorrow (Sat, July 28) 1-6pm Airport Rd, New Holland. Admission is free, and all cars and motorcycles are welcome; no registration is required. Enjoy music, door prizes, and hundreds of cool vehicles. More info: petrafel.org
2) Takin it to the Streets – tomorrow (Sat July 28) From 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Piano players ranging from local teachers to national performers will offer free “mini” lessons at all 11 Keys for the City pianos in downtown Lancaster.
1) Schreiber Pediatrics Rubber Duckie Race on Sun. July 29th at Lancaster County Central Park. Rain or Shine. Festival at 2PM and Race at 5PM. Food, Pony Rides, Games, Clowns, Face Painting and 25,000 Rubber Ducks!
More Info: schreiberpediatric.org
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! July 20, 21 and 22
5) SUMMER CARNIVAL at Colonial Park United Church of Christ in Harrisburg, tomorrow (Saturday July 21) from Noon to 4pm. Pony Rides, A Bounce House, Games, prizes, storytelling, Face Painting, Music, Fire truck, Service Dogs and more. More Info: 717-545-3782.
4) Free Community Pool Party/Night Swim - Tonight (Fri. July 20) from 8:30 – 10 PM at the Mechanicsburg Area Community Pool. Please bring a canned good for donation to New Hope Ministries. More info: lesspew.com
3) Praise Jam, outdoor event featuring praise & worship bands from around the local area, tomorrow (Sat. July 21) beginning at 6:30pm at Ephrata Church of the Nazarene. Bands include: Hosanna Christian Fellowship, Crossroads Community Fellowship, Ephrata Church of the Nazarene and Ephrata First United Methodist Church. Bring your lawn chairs, blankets, picnics, etc. Donations benefit Susquehanna Valley Pregnancy Services. More info: 717-733-8211 The event is rain or shine.
2) Community Day at West Earl Community Park, tomorrow (Sat, July 21) 4-8pm. Free food, games, rides, prizes, entertainment provided by DK Jugglers, meet the police and fire department. Sponsored by the churches in Brownstown. More info: 717-738-0508
1) Eastern Mennonite Missions Global Fair – An outdoor missions and culture festival tomorrow (Sat. July 21st) from 11AM-3PM at Lancaster Mennonite School in Lancaster. WJTL Broadcasting Live. More info at EMM.org
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! July 6, 7 and 8, 2012
5)Speak Life Concert with Salt N Light, tonight (Friday, July 6) will headline an evening of worship during Lancaster City’s July First Friday festivities from 6-9:30PM at Binn’s Park in Lancaster. Various Ministries will also showcase their work in the community starting at 5 pm. The event is free!
More Info: 717-940-1705
4) City Rhythm Orchestra will present A celebration of Stan Kenton’s 100th birthday with this 23-piece orchestra’s retrospective of his big band jazz and swing from the 40s, 50s and 60s. Sunday (July 8, 2012) beginning at 7:30 pm at Long’s Park in Lancaster. Part of the FREE Long’s Park Summer Music Series. More info: Longspark.org
3) Lancaster’s First Friday,Downtown Lancaster tonight (Friday, July 6) 5-9pm. Music, art exhibitions, performances and more at 60+ venues. More info: www.lancasterarts.com.
2) Good News Cafe, Saturday (Jul 7, 2012) beginning at 6pm at Midtown Scholar Bookstore, 3rd Street, Harrisburg
A showcase of regional Christian musicians and performers including spoken word poets, mime artists, comedians, and a live house band. Free More info: midtownscholar.com
1) Stay cool and listen to the Kids Cookie Break on Saturday morning from 9AM-Noon! Lisa Landis and KCB welcomes the cast of The Central Lancaster County Homeschool “School House Rock, Live, Jr.” More info: kidscookiebreak.com