FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! August 3, 4 and 5, 2012
5) Community Fun Day at Immanuel Church in Mechanicsburg tomorrow (Sat. Aug. 4th) from 10am-2pm. Classic Cars, Pony Rides, Petting Zoo, Bounce House, Slide, Games, Kids Crafts, Games, and more!!! More info: 717-766-4633
4) Dunkard Valley Live – Christian Music Festival for all ages tomorrow and Sunday (Aug. 4th & 5th) at Codorus Church of the Brethren Ballfield, Dallastown. Craft Tables. Kids Tent. Prayer Tent. Various Bands & Speakers.
More info: dunkardvalleylive.com
3)Cavod Academy’s Open House tomorrow (Sat. Aug. 4th) from 11am-3pm, East Main St. New Holland. Bounce House, Face Painting, Food, WJTL Broadcasting live noon to 2pm. More info: cavodacademy.com
2) Missions Fest Lancaster and Smoketown Aviation Fair at Smoketown Airport today thru Sunday (Aug 3-5) Special Speakers, Exhibits, Flight Demonstrations, Kids area. More info: missionsfestlancaster.org
1) Teen Haven In the City – tomorrow (Saturday, Aug 4) 9am-5pm at Water Street Ministries, Queen Street, Lancaster. Chances to win and request songs. Moonbounce, Firetrucks, Contests, Facepainting, KCB Broadcasting Live, Lisa will play Olympic themed games, Richie Righteous & PHREDD Concert. More Info: kidscookiebreak.com
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!!
5) Bruce Fite in concert, tomorrow (Sat July 287) 1:30pm, (event begins at 11am) at Kreider’s Market, in Kirkwood. There will be a moon bounce and other fun activities. More info: 717-529-6944
4) Weaver Believer Survival Revival will be in concert tomorrow (Sat, July 28) at 7pm, the band will follow its roots from Georgia back to Lancaster County to perform a unique mixture of blue-grass, southern gospel, and country music at Faith United Methodist Church in Lititz. Weather permitting, the concert will be on the church lawn. Rain venue will be the Faith Church sanctuary. A free-will offering will be taken. More info: 717-560-0321
3) Petra Christian Fellowship Third Annual Cruise In, tomorrow (Sat, July 28) 1-6pm Airport Rd, New Holland. Admission is free, and all cars and motorcycles are welcome; no registration is required. Enjoy music, door prizes, and hundreds of cool vehicles. More info: petrafel.org
2) Takin it to the Streets – tomorrow (Sat July 28) From 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Piano players ranging from local teachers to national performers will offer free “mini” lessons at all 11 Keys for the City pianos in downtown Lancaster.
1) Schreiber Pediatrics Rubber Duckie Race on Sun. July 29th at Lancaster County Central Park. Rain or Shine. Festival at 2PM and Race at 5PM. Food, Pony Rides, Games, Clowns, Face Painting and 25,000 Rubber Ducks!
More Info: schreiberpediatric.org
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! July 20, 21 and 22
5) SUMMER CARNIVAL at Colonial Park United Church of Christ in Harrisburg, tomorrow (Saturday July 21) from Noon to 4pm. Pony Rides, A Bounce House, Games, prizes, storytelling, Face Painting, Music, Fire truck, Service Dogs and more. More Info: 717-545-3782.
4) Free Community Pool Party/Night Swim - Tonight (Fri. July 20) from 8:30 – 10 PM at the Mechanicsburg Area Community Pool. Please bring a canned good for donation to New Hope Ministries. More info: lesspew.com
3) Praise Jam, outdoor event featuring praise & worship bands from around the local area, tomorrow (Sat. July 21) beginning at 6:30pm at Ephrata Church of the Nazarene. Bands include: Hosanna Christian Fellowship, Crossroads Community Fellowship, Ephrata Church of the Nazarene and Ephrata First United Methodist Church. Bring your lawn chairs, blankets, picnics, etc. Donations benefit Susquehanna Valley Pregnancy Services. More info: 717-733-8211 The event is rain or shine.
2) Community Day at West Earl Community Park, tomorrow (Sat, July 21) 4-8pm. Free food, games, rides, prizes, entertainment provided by DK Jugglers, meet the police and fire department. Sponsored by the churches in Brownstown. More info: 717-738-0508
1) Eastern Mennonite Missions Global Fair – An outdoor missions and culture festival tomorrow (Sat. July 21st) from 11AM-3PM at Lancaster Mennonite School in Lancaster. WJTL Broadcasting Live. More info at EMM.org
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! July 6, 7 and 8, 2012
5)Speak Life Concert with Salt N Light, tonight (Friday, July 6) will headline an evening of worship during Lancaster City’s July First Friday festivities from 6-9:30PM at Binn’s Park in Lancaster. Various Ministries will also showcase their work in the community starting at 5 pm. The event is free!
More Info: 717-940-1705
4) City Rhythm Orchestra will present A celebration of Stan Kenton’s 100th birthday with this 23-piece orchestra’s retrospective of his big band jazz and swing from the 40s, 50s and 60s. Sunday (July 8, 2012) beginning at 7:30 pm at Long’s Park in Lancaster. Part of the FREE Long’s Park Summer Music Series. More info: Longspark.org
3) Lancaster’s First Friday,Downtown Lancaster tonight (Friday, July 6) 5-9pm. Music, art exhibitions, performances and more at 60+ venues. More info: www.lancasterarts.com.
2) Good News Cafe, Saturday (Jul 7, 2012) beginning at 6pm at Midtown Scholar Bookstore, 3rd Street, Harrisburg
A showcase of regional Christian musicians and performers including spoken word poets, mime artists, comedians, and a live house band. Free More info: midtownscholar.com
1) Stay cool and listen to the Kids Cookie Break on Saturday morning from 9AM-Noon! Lisa Landis and KCB welcomes the cast of The Central Lancaster County Homeschool “School House Rock, Live, Jr.” More info: kidscookiebreak.com
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! June 29, 30 and July 1
5) Leola Community Water Slide Day at Zion Lutheran Church, Quarry Road in Leola. tomorrow (Sat. June 30) 12-4 pm, featuring 4 huge water slides, hot dogs, BBQ, popcorn, and more. More Info: zionleola.org
4) CELEBRANT SINGERS AND ORCHESTRA, tonight, (Friday, June 29) at 7:30 p.m. at Calvary Lutheran Church in Laureldale. 10 singers and a 12-piece orchestra, will present a “praise celebration” More info: 610-929-9606
3) Triple Tree Summer Rumble at Triple Tree Emmaus Rd Cafe, Lancaster, FREE Car and Bike show, tomorrow (Sat. June 30th) from 10am-3pm! Featuring the “Jimmy Emig Band” and “Thru Me!” Yard Sales, Food, and more. More info: 717-824-5965
2)Lebanon Community Band tomorrow (Sat. June 30th) from 7pm at Mt. Gretna Campmeeting in Mt. Gretna as part of the 2012 Heritage Festival. Free admission. An offering will be taken.
1) SummerFest 2012, tomorrow (Saturday, June 30) First Assembly of God, Susquehanna Trail, York, from 7am to 2pm. Carnival games, Bounce Houses, water slide,
Concerts by Phredd, Kimberlianna and more. Also a Car Show family yard sale and a chicken Bar-B-Que.
More Info: First-Assembly.net
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! June 22, 23 & 24, 2012
5) The 14th annual Celebrate Lancaster kicks off the morning with the opening of about two dozen food stands and the closure of North Prince Street from Penn Square to Lancaster Square. Sample local food, live music and more. The event will culminate with a fireworks display that begins at 10 p.m.
Admission is free. More info: Lancasteronline.com
4) A nite of music will be held at the United Zion Camp in Manheim tomorrow (Saturday June 23) from 7-9pm. The program will feature a variety of instrumental and vocal music performed by local talent. The offering will benefit the LifeGate mission team who will be going to Quito, Ecuador. More info:717-665-5243
3) Jimmy Emig Band will lead a night of worship at Gehman’s Mennonite School in Denver – Sunday (June 24) 6pm. The concert is hosted by Cocalico Community Chapel. More info: (717)445-4041
2) 2nd Annual Littlestown Chapel Car and Bike Show at Faulkner Collision Center in Hanover tomorrow (Sat. June 23) 12pm-4pm. Attendance is free, Donations will benefit the Sr. High summer missions program! More info: 717-476-0825
1) Festival of Life is an event for the city of Lebanon hosted by the churches of Lebanon, tomorrow (Sat. June 23rd) from 11AM-5PM at Monument Park in Lebanon. There will be singers and shows from different churches in Lebanon city. There will also be games, food, and fellowship.
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! June 15, 16 and 17, 2012
5)Esterlyn, in concert tomorrow (Sat. June 16th) at Kochenderfer UMC in Lebanon at 7PM! Admission is free. More info: kochenderfer.org
4) SummerFest 2012 tomorrow (Sat. June 16th) from 10AM-9PM at Church of the Open Bible in Parkesburg. Concerts by Calling Out Closer, Lee Arter Band, Fall to Grace and more. Free carnival games, prizes, bounce house, face painting, horse rides and more. More info: cotobible.com
3) Cookout & Movie “Courageous” at Salem Hellers Church - honoring fathers and fatherhood tonight (Friday, June 15th) at Salem E.R. Hellers Church in Lancaster at 6 pm with a hotdog cookout in the church parking lot, followed by the showing of “Courageous” at 7 pm. Admission is free for both the cookout and movie. More Info: 717-656-9249.
2) Free Community Picnic and Comedy with Local Christian Comedian Kenny Robinson tomorrow (Sat. June 16th) at Colonial Park Community Baptist Church in Harrisburg. The picnic starts at 5:00 PM with the Comedy starting at 6:15 PM. More info: colonialparkbaptist.com
1) Noah’s Walk Through tomorrow (Saturday, June 16) and Sunday (June 17) at West Lampeter Fairgrounds. Sat. 10am-7pm and Sunday 11am-6pm. Free event, Rain or Shine. Interactive activity for the whole family. More info: noahsarkwalk.com
Once again this year you have the opportunity to let everyone know that WJTL is your FAVORITE! We would be honored if you would vote for WJTL as your favorite radio station in the Lancaster Newspapers and Lancasteronline “Readers Choice Awards”. You don’t even have to be from Lancaster!
Click on http://contests.lancasteronline.com/readers_choice/ if you would. After you give a little info about yourself, click on the miscellaneous tab and type in WJTL under favorite Radio Station. Let everyone know you LOVE WJTL.
You can read all the rules and how-to’s while you are there. One key thing is that you must vote in at least 10 categories. You have until Friday, June 15, 2012 to register your support of WJTL.
Awards are great, and it would be an honor to be recognized by Lancaster Newspapers and Lancaster Online. Last year WJTL was voted Favorite Radio Station and we were very pleased with the ministry opportunities those “open doors” created. Our hope is that, once again this year, being voted Favorite Radio Station would be a way to introduce WJTL to new listeners.
Thanks and happy voting!
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! June 8, 9 & 10, 2012
5) Lititz Area Mennonite School Auction today (June 8th) and tomorrow (Sat. June 9th). Kid’s Event, Junk Rock Band, Auction, Chicken BBQ and more. More info: lamsauction.info
4) 2012 Revolutionary War encampment at the Historic Rock Ford Plantation, Lancaster, tomorrow (Saturday, June 9) and Sunday (June 10) Revolutionary War period music, food, shops, fashion show, parade and reenactments. Lisa and KCB broadcasting live tomorrow morning. Kids 12 and under are free. More info: rockfordplantation.org
3) LCBC Church’s 13th Annual Motorsports Show & BBQ tomorrow (Saturday, June 9) at their Manheim Campus. The event is free to vehicle exhibitors and spectators; and features muscle cars, street rods, new & antique cars and motorcycles, scooters, trucks, and RC cars, airplanes and helicopters.
More info: www.LCBCChurch.com
2) Lancaster County Public Safety Training Center’s
Open House and Community Education Day -Sunday, June 10, Noon – 5pm at their facility on Champ Blvd, Manheim just off 283. Emergency apparatus and emergency equipment on display, local Fire, EMS, and Police on hand. Dunk Tank, The City Mounted Police Unit, Fire Safety Trailer, Demonstrations, Free Food and Refreshments. More info:www.lcpstc.org/
1) Witness Festival 2012 – Free Christian Music Festival tomorrow (Sat. June 9th) Noon til 10pm at Quarryville Memorial Park in Quarryville. Jeremy Camp, Speaker Tony Nolan, Britt Nicole, Big Daddy Weave, The City Harmonic, Jamie Grace and Reilly. WJTL broadcasting live and emceeing.More info: witnessfestival.com
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! June 1, 2 and 3, 2012
5) York Libraries Kick Off Event tomorrow (Sat. June 2nd) from 9am-2pm at the Sovereign Bank Stadium in York.
York County Libraries and The Healthy York County Coalition Offer a Theme-Based Program that promotes Reading and Physical Activity among children during the summer. Kids Cookie Break broadcasting live! More info: yorklibraries.org
4) Soccer Shots Free Soccer Clinic for ages 3 to 8, tomorrow (Saturday, June 2) beginning at 9am at Conestoga Valley High School. Food, games prizes. Donations benefit Global Goals. More Info: lancaster.soccershots.org
3) Ken’s Gardens 40TH Anniversary Event tomorrow (Saturday June 2) 8AM-5PM at both the Smoketown and Intercourse locations. Refreshments, Master Gardeners on hand with gardening advice, Jesse Rothaker and His Reptile Friends and more! More info: kensgardens.com
2) Sunday In The Park with LEFC at Lititz Springs Park, Sunday, (June 3rd) 11am – 5pm. Bounce Houses, Dunk Tanks, Volleyball Competitions and more. Former Harlem Globetrotter Seth Franco, Jesse Rothacker and Forgotten Friends Reptiles. More info lefc.net/sundayinthepark
1) “The Day” at New Holland Park tomorrow (Sat. June 2nd) from 10AM-10PM. Worship bands playing throughout the day, including Christopher Wright, SisterBrother, Brad & Rebekah, Brothers McClurg, and more. Acoustic cafe at 10 am. There will be food vendors and a kids zone, featuring bounce houses, face painting, and a concert by Jim Rule. The rain location is at Petra Christian Fellowship in New Holland. More info: thedayofworship.com