We are so blessed and thankful that Lisa is back in Lancaster and is recovering.
This is a great article on Lisa from Lancasteronline. Check it out!
Find out how you can reach out to Lisa during her recovery.
If you are wondering to yourself, “what happened to Lisa?” Then read this.
Thank you to everyone for their prayers, encouragement and support during Lisa’s illness and recovery.
July 26, 27 & 28, 2013
5) The Brickerville Volunteer Fire Company of Lititz Community Day tomorrow (July 27th) from 6:00-10:00pm, games, food, fire safety and equipment. Entertainment will be provided by Crossings a local Christian vocal group. Fireworks will end the evening. Admission is free, a donation is being asked for parking. More info:717-625-0947
4) Outdoor Worship Night at Marietta Community Chapel in Marietta tomorrow (Sat. July 27th) from 7-9PM. A night of worship featuring: Vibrations Dance Ministry. FREE Ice Cream Social. Rain or Shine. Bring a chair or blanket. More Info: 717 426-4584
3) Lebanon Valley Brethren Home Barbecue & Auction, Grubb Road, Palmyra, tonight & tomorrow (Friday and Saturday, July 26 & 27) Music, Kids area, Car and Tractor Show, Auction, Food and more. Kids Cookie Break Broadcasting live Saturday with games and prizes. More info: LVBH.org
2) Christmas in July -Sunday (July 28) at the Mennonite Meeting House in Salunga beginning at 6pm. An evening to explore the true meaning of Christmas without the hustle and bustle of December. Live Nativity, carol singing, games and treats. More Info: (717) 305-8796
1)Schreiber Pediatrics Rubber Duckie Race at Lancaster County Central Park Sunday (July 28th) at 2PM. RAIN or SHINE! Great Food, Pony Rides, Games, Clowns, Face Painting and More! Watch 25,000 rubber duckies float down the Conestoga River in an exciting race for fabulous prizes! Festival begins at 2 p.m. Race begins at 5 p.m. WJTL Broadcasting Live. More info: schreiberpediatric.org
Many have been asking about ways to help Lisa during her lengthy illness and Hospital Stay. If you would like to help with Lisa’s Medical & Rehabilitation Expenses, a special fund has been set up. Please send your gift to…
FULTON BANK: MCGOVERN AVENUE
20 MCGOVERN AVE.
LANCASTER, PA 17602
Please Indicate on your check that this is for the
LISA LANDIS BLOWERS FUND
or call or visit the FULTON BANK branch nearest you.
Update as of Wednesday July 24, 2013
A message from Lisa’s husband John.
Last evening Lisa was discharged from the hospital at the University of Pennsylvania and is now undergoing rehabilitative therapy back in Lancaster. Her complete recovery demands that we all grant her room for rest and privacy over the next several months.
Tonight we are celebrating the wholeness of renewed life that has been gifted to us by the surgeons, the infectious disease doctors, the nurses, and all the caregivers at Lancaster General Hospital and the Hospital at the University of Pennsylvania.
Tomorrow we will view the rising sun a bit differently, look at the faces passing us on the sidewalk a little more carefully, and measure the passing of time with a great deal more patience.
Lisa battled a horrible bacterial infection for almost 4 weeks that nearly took her life. Prayer sustained us through this storm…lifted us up when her body wanted to stay down. Belief in an all-powerful, all present, all-encompassing God helped us let go of those things we could not control.
We felt the real presence of so many family and friends through prayer during this ordeal. We gave our very lives to the purpose and order we believe exists in this universe and found calmness and peace around us.
Today Lisa is alive because of the gifts and skills of surgeons in Lancaster and Philadelphia who took immediate action on a dark and scary night. Tonight Lisa is part of our lives and we don’t ask “why” but “what”…what do we do with the gift that has been given…
Words are not sufficient enough to express our gratitude to all who have been there for us…not nearly enough…yet we say, Thank You!!!
Update as of Tuesday July 23, 2013
Lisa’s rehab is proceeding very well. Doctors are pleased with her progress. Her family is looking forward to her being home and recovering!
Update as of Saturday July 20, 2013
A Message from Lisa!!!
Hello and THANKS again to my friends who continue to send up prayers and uplift my spirits! I can’t tell you how much your posts and messages have helped me through the night. Even though I don’t have the energy to respond I have been reading the cards, letters, postings, well wishes, etc. and they have more than helped me through. Doc was just in to remove my dressing and I am amazed at what the team was able to accomplish in just one surgery. Now let the work begin! Hoping to take a walk across the room on my own tomorrow. (at least I can dream about that) AND better yet get to work on eventually going home to finish the healing. Pray that I have continued strength and high spirits to finish out my hospital stay no matter how long that might be. I miss home.
Update as of Thursday July 17, 2013
Lisa’s first reconstructive surgery went better than expected yesterday. Please pray for her healing and strength. Doctors are amazed at how well she is doing considering the battle she has been through the past 3 weeks. Praise God for His people praying, His healing Hand and His Strength during this ordeal.
Update as of Tuesday, July 16, 2013
Lisa came through surgery yesterday – No bacteria for over a week, vitals excellent, eating well, spirits high, Lisa is doing well considering all the surgeries she has been through! Wednesday morning Lisa will go in for the first of many reconstructive surgeries. Please continue to pray. Thanks!
Update as of Friday, July 12, 2013
Lisa continues her care at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in West Philadelphia.
Since June 26th Lisa has been fighting a battle against necrotizing fasciitis, brought on by the bacteria beta streptococcus. Mysteriously introduced into her system around the 23rd of June, Lisa and her family initially thought she was struggling with the flu. Within 48 hours she was rushed to the ER.
Today Lisa underwent her 10th surgery since June the 26th to try to stop the spreading of this horrendous infection throughout her body. After two days of rest and recovery from five straight days of surgery, Lisa was awakened at 6am and taken into the OR. The team of surgeons and infectious disease doctors began their all too familiar process of hunting for symptoms of the bacteria’s damage to her muscle tissue.With meticulous care the doctors attended to Lisa’s wounds and then bandaged her body once again. Although the news was much different today when the surgeons emerged to talk with Lisa’s family. There was no sign of further damage to her tissue and the bacteria appeared to be in full control!
On Monday Lisa will be in surgery for her 11th operation so the doctors can be certain this horrible infection has been defeated.Please continue to pray for Lisa, her husband John and their son Alex as well as all those caregivers attending to Lisa’s needs.
Update as of Thursday, July 11, 2013
Hello friends! Lisa Landis checking in for the first time. This won’t be long-still don’t feel up to it but I must share that you all have overwhelmed me! Just one hour ago I had the first chance to look at the Facebook and lancasteronline comments. I had my first cry since this all started. Family has been passing along prayers and well wishes but I hadn’t seen them in print from you! This could not have come at a better time than as I prepare for another surgery to clean the vac wrap and look for infection. Your encouragement and cries out to Jesus make it so much easier. Gotta go and trust me I feel your prayers. You have no idea how powerful this has been.
Update as of Wednesday, July 10, 2013
Lisa has had several days of good reports and no new tissue being affected by the bacteria. Yesterday she had a fever, but this morning it is back down to normal, which is great news. Yesterday she was in surgery from mid-morning until 4pm. She has had a surgery almost every day for the past week. Fred actually got to talk to her on the phone briefly this morning. She wants everyone to know she misses them and she feels their prayers! Please continue to pray. She is still battling this infection and is facing a long road to recovery, even once she is completely free of the bacteria.
Recap and Update as of Monday morning, July 8, 2013
Lisa has been fighting a bacterial infection that invaded her body with little warning. Through the intercession of medicine, science, and prayer she is battling this infection with the greatest of determination. Since going to the ER at Lancaster General Hospital on the 26th of June Lisa has undergone 7 different surgical procedures. She is now in the ICU at the University of Pennsylvania Hospital in Philadelphia under the care of a terrific team of surgeons, infectious disease researchers, and some of the best nurses you will ever find. Her physical pain is real, although masked by medicines that leave her very sleepy most of the time. Her nurses are working hard to keep this pain to a minimum. For the next three days Lisa will undergo several more surgeries as well as oxygen- therapy. Please remember Lisa in your thoughts and prayers this week as well as her husband John and their son Alex as they all seek strength to push forward in this fight. Thank you.
Here is an update on Lisa for the morning of July 8, 2013
LISA UPDATE-Over the weekend, Lisa underwent several surgeries and procedures. Lisa’s wounds were checked for bacteria and the dressings were changed. PRAISE THE LORD- both yesterday and today the tissue was shown to be healthy!!! Today she faces another surgery to check for any growth or sign of bacteria in her leg and then on Tuesday she will have yet another procedure performed. PLEASE PRAY as she undergoes all of these necessary procedures and surgeries that her body and spirits would BOTH remain STRONG! Until her body is 100% rid of this bacteria she is not out of danger. Thank you!
Here is an update on Lisa for late evening July 5, 2013
Lisa is currently in recovery from her most recent surgery. The bacteria did spread a bit and was surgically removed. Lisa’s vitals are still shown to be good. The infection is not going away quickly. Please take this battle a day at a time with us in your prayers and love.
Here is an update on Lisa for July 5, 2013
Lisa is having her 5th Surgery this morning. Please Pray!
A 4Th of JULY LISA UPDATE
Lisa’s 5th surgery is planned for tomorrow. Her vitals are all solid still today and she’s eating whole foods! She is engaging in conversation with the Drs and finding opportunities for laughing and giggling. We are eagerly looking to results of the surgery tomorrow. So much gratitude for so many well wishes and offers of assistance! Please continue your prayers for Lisa our family and her care givers.
Here is an update on Lisa for July 3, 2013
Lisa is continuing her care at The University of Penn. She has received several hyperbaric treatments since her arrival . The Drs feel as though they are getting ahead of this bacteria. On Friday Lisa will undergo her 5th surgery to ensure they are indeed ahead of the bacteria and that the damage has ceased. Lisa’s vitals are excellent and she is of good spirits! We cannot thank you enough for your CONTINUED prayers, kind hearts and LOVE!
Here is an update on Lisa for July 2, 2013 at 4:26am
Lisa was moved to University of Penn last night where Doctors are more familiar with the bacteria that is attacking her body. Please continue to pray for healing, for wisdom and for the family.
Here is an update on Lisa on July 1, 2013 at 3:26pm
Lisa is out of surgery, She is currently sleeping soundly in recovery. On Wednesday she will undergo her FOURTH surgery in a week. In addition to the care of the Doctor, she is receiving the best antibiotics known for fighting this sickness. The bacteria she is battling will not give up….fortunately neither will Lisa. Lisa remains in critical condition. Please continue to pray.
Here is an update on Lisa on July 1, 2013.
Lisa is undergoing a third surgery this morning. Pray that the bacterial infection has not spread. Pray for wisdom for the Doctors and peace for the family. Thank You!
Here is an update on Lisa on June 30, 2013:
Yesterday Lisa underwent her second surgery to check on the status of the bacterial infection in her leg. Her condition is still serious- but she is strong and her vitals have shown to be good, post- surgery. On Monday morning Lisa will face her third surgery in six days to ensure containment and or dissipation of the bacterial infection.Please continue to lift her up in your prayers. Lisa, John and their son, Alex appreciate all of the prayers, love and support given over the past several days. Per the Doctor’s request only her closest family is able to visit her over the next few days as Lisa’s rest is crucial in her making a full recovery. The families personal space and rest is necessary for the recovery and healing process to take place. Your continues prayers and love are greatly appreciated! Thanks.
First post from June 28:
Dear WJTL Family,
We are asking for prayer for Lisa Landis.
Lisa has a serious bacterial infection and has been admitted to the Hospital. She has undergone one surgery and is scheduled for a second. While this situation is very serious, Lisa and her doctors are quite hopeful that the treatment will bring the infection under control. We know there is power in prayer. Please pray for Lisa’s speedy recovery and for strength and guidance for her family.
For July 19, 20, & 21, 2013
5) A Free Community Evening at the West Earl Lions Park in Talmage tomorrow (Saturday, July 20th) 4pm-8pm, entertainment by “The Bible Dude and horse Hopey”. Free food, games, rides, prizes, and petting zoo. Sponsored by the Brownstown churches. More Info: 717-738-0508
4) Yahweh Musical festival tomorrow (Saturday July 20th) from 10AM-6PM at The Upper Room Missionary Church in York. 8 hours of music featuring 7 local bands -X-TERRA, Seventh Time Around, BIE, Under The Son, Heaven Bound, Juan Catorce Band, Ninth Hour Legacy, Keith Andrew Grim and more. More Info: 717-458-2783
3) PRAISE JAM 2013 at Ephrata Church of the Nazarene tomorrow (Sat. July 20th) at 6:30PM. An evening of Praise & Worship with local bands First United Methodist Church of Ephrata, Reamstown Church of God, Alive Church, and Hosanna Christian Fellowship. This is an outdoor event, bring your blankets and chairs. There will be a concession stand with the proceeds going to the Susquehanna Valley Pregnancy Services (SVPS). More Info: 717-733-2000
2) Coffeehouse and Open Mic Night with Waiting for Cadence tonight (Friday July 19) from 7-9 PM at Community Room on Prince in Lancaster. More Info: 717-572-5914
1) Terre Hill Days tonight, tomorrow and Sunday (July 19-21) at Terre Hill Community Memorial Park! Live entertainment, games , carnival rides, Arts & Crafts fair, bi-plane candy scramble, skydive bingo, outhouse races and more! The festival end Saturday with fireworks at 10pm. More Info: 717-445-4581
July 12, 13 and 14, 2013
5) SK8:13 ALL FREE SKATEBOARD EVENT tomorrow (Sat. July 13th) from 10AM-4PM at Christ Community Church in Camp Hill. This is a free skate event with ramps, food, prizes and contests. Professional Skateboarder Brian Sumner will be there. More Info. 717-761-2933
4) Second Friday in Lititz, America’s Coolest Small Town opens the streets to music, food and artisans of all kinds, Tonight (Friday, July 12) from 5-9PM in downtown Lititz. More Info: lititzpa.com/
3) Free monthly coffeehouse featuring organic/fair-trade coffee and tea tomorrow (Sat. July 13th) from 7-11PM at Immanuel Evangelical Free Church of York. Open mic for music or spoken word. Games/coloring/puzzles and more. More Info: (717)755-2413
2) Oak Hill Fellowship Church in Quarryville will be hosting “A Night of Vertical Worship” at Huffnagle Park – Sunday (July 14th) from 7:30-9pm. More Info: 717-786-4559
1) Celebrate 2013 Tonight, Tomorrow and Sunday (July 12th, 13th & 14th) at Teen Challenge Training Center in Rehrersburg. Music, Messages and Celebration of what God is doing through Teen Challenge. The theme is “In Christ Alone”. The 7th Annual Music Explosion will also take place on Saturday! More Info: 717-933-4181
For the weekend of July 5, 6 & 7, 2013
5) First Friday Lancaster Tonight (Friday July 5) from 5-9PM. in downtown Lancaster.Exhibitions, performances, Music, Art and more. More Info: lancasterarts.com
4) City of Harrisburg 4th of July Celebration today, tomorrow and Sunday (July 5, 6 and 7) Lighted Boat Parade, 3 on 3 Basketball Tournament, FREE entertainment, children & family events and activities all weekend long. More Info: harrisburgrec.com
3) Music In The Park in Coleman Park in Lebanon Sunday (July 7th) at 7pm with The Perseverence Band. A free will offering will be taken. Bring a lawn chair. More Info: musicinthepark.net
2) Harrisburg Symphony Orchestra Independence Day concert Tonight (July 5) on the lawn at Lebanon Valley College in Annville beginning at 8pm. Many patriotic, Broadway and pop tunes. Bring a lawn chair or blanket. More Info: 717-867-6030
1) “Songs and Stories of a Civil War Hospital” Saturday (July 6)7:30pm at Christ Church of Gettsyburg on Chambersburg St. Mark the 150th anniversary of the turning point in the Civil War – The Battle of Gettsyburg with Live Civil War-era music, costumed performers, readings from the journals of a citizen nurse who served at the church and a soldier who was treated in this historic building that was used as a hospital for soldiers during the battle.
For June 28, 29 & 30, 2013
5) Lebanon Community Band Fourth of July concert at Mt. Gretna Campmeeting Tablernacle tomorrow (Sat. June 29th) from 7-8:45PM. Free admission. An offering will be taken. 717-964-3040
4) Tonight at dusk organizers will commemorate a turning point in the Civil War, the burning of the bridge between Lancaster and York County. They will relive that historic event as they light a fire on each of the 25 existing piers where the bridge once stood. The event will end with Fireworks. This year marks the 150th anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg. More info on 150th Anniversary Celebrations.
3) Rockvale Outlets Lancaster’s Annual Fireworks tomorrow (Sat. June 29th) at dusk. The Lampeter/Strasburg Band will play at 8:30 through the end of the fireworks in the parking lot across from Eagles Pro Shop. Rockvale Outlets will have FREE mini flags and glow bracelets, while supplies last. More info:rockvaleoutletslancaster.com
2) Zion Lutheran Church in Leola invites you to bring your towels for a splashing great time from noon to 4 p.m. tomorrow (Saturday, June 29) There will be 4 big waterslides, free food and more. More Info: zionleola.org
1) Long’s Park Summer Music Series, Sunday (Jun 30) 5:30pm featuring the US Army Field Band and Soldiers’ Chorus, Cannon Brigade and Fireworks! Long’s Park Summer Music Series. More info: longspark.org/music
June 21, 22 & 23, 2013
5) Praise In The Park tomorrow (Saturday, June 22) from 5-8pm at Lititz Springs Park. Worship bands from Pearl Street United Methodist Church of Lancaster and Long Memorial UMC will perform. Praise in the Park is Rain or shine and is a free community event. More Info: 717-560-0321
4) Hope Fellowship in Manchester Family Community Day at the Manchester Playground (N. Liverpool Street) tomorrow (Saturday, June 22) – 11am to 4pm. FREE Food and Drinks, Kids Games, Face Painting, Live Music, Auto and Motorcycle Show and Red Cross Blood Drive.More info: 717-600-5195
3) Coffeehouse and Open Mic Night with featured performer Joy Ike tonight (Fri. June 21) from 7-9pm at Community Room on Prince in Lancaster. There will be two sets by Joy, an open mic portion of the night, as well as food and coffee. More info: 717-572-5914
2) RED LION ALIVE – a Free Music Festival tomorrow and Sunday (Sat. June 22 & Sun. June 23rd) at Red Lion Zion United Methodist Church in Red Lion. A Community Unity event with Steven Courtney, Mark Cable, Derek Sandstrom, and more! Craft Show featuring local aritsans (Saturday only), food vendors & fun activities for children, including a Bounce House. More Info: 717-244-2585
1) Lisa Landis and The Kids Cookie Break broadcasting live at Spooky Nook Sports in Manheim tomorrow (Sat. June 22) from 9AM-Noon. Games, Prizes, the Cookie Car and more. More info: spookynooksports.com
June 14, 15 and 16 (Father’s Day weekend) 2013
5) 2nd Friday in Lititz, tonight (Friday, June 14) 5-9pm. Music, Art, Crafts, Food and local vendors on Main & Broad Streets, Lititz, PA
4) Waystock is a free music and fun fest Sunday (June 16) noon-7pm at Wayside Presbyterian Church in Landisville. The event benefits the Hempfield Area Food Pantry. Bring a non-perishable food item to donate. Six local church praise bands will participate. There will also be picnic games, bounce house and more. Bring your lawn chairs. More info: waysidepc.org
3) Saint Paul’s Lutheran’s Annual Community Bash Sunday (June 16) featuring fun, food and games from 11am-3pm at Saint Paul Lutheran Church in York. There will be a bounce house, art pavilion, games, service vehicles, medivac helicopter, and more. More info: 717-792-1650
2) Kids Free Carnival with Free games and food for kids Sunday (June 16) 10am-Noon at St. John’s UMC in Grantville. Games, rides, bounce house and more. More info: grantvilleumc.org
1) Camp Swatara Family Camp Open House, tomorrow (Sat. June 15) Boating, Mini-Golf, Swimming, Games and more. Find out about Summer Family Camp. Lisa and Kids Cookie Break Broadcasting live from 9am to noon. More info: campswatara.org
June 7, 8 & 9, 2013
5) A night of Christian Rock with the bands Souls Set Free and Emerson, tonight (Friday, June 7) at Conoy Brethren in Christ Church in Elizabethtown. Doors open at 6pm. Concert begins at 7pm. More Info: 717-367-7915
4) Lititz Area Mennonite School Auction tonight and tomorrow (Fri June 7 and Sat. June 8) at the school. The event kicks off tonight at 4 with the Down Home Dinner. Sat. begins with breakfast at 6. KCB live 9-noon with games, giveaways, free Chick-Fil-A cookies and more! More info: lamsauction.info
3) Get Outdoors Day, Sunday (June 9th) from 1-5pm at Kings Gap Environmental Education Center in Carlisle. Information and interactive samples of recreational activities at PA State Parks, including: disc golf, geocaching, kayaking, camping, and fishing. There is no pre-registration for this FREE event which will be held rain or shine on the mansion lawn at Kings Gap. More info: (717)486-3799
2) St. David’s Evangelical Congregational Church in Dover is having a Carnival for the Community tomorrow (Saturday, June 8) from noon to 3pm. Fun, food, entertainment, speakers, games, and local community organizations. More Info: 717-764-0033
1) LCBC Church will hold its 14th Annual Motorsports Show & BBQ tomorrow (Sat. June 8) from 9am-2pm at the Manheim Campus. The event is free to vehicle exhibitors and spectators; and features muscle cars, street rods, new & antique cars and motorcycles, scooters, trucks, and RC cars, airplanes and helicopters. More info: 717-653-6266