FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! April 6, 7 and 8
5) First Presbyterian Church of Strasburg is hosting a community-wide Easter egg hunt tomorrow (Saturday, April 7th) from 10 AM – 12PM. There will be fun activites, snacks, and three age groups for the hunt. More info: 717-687-6030.
4) In the Light Ministries, Lancaster City will present a Passion play called “From the Well to the Cross” tonight (Friday, April 6) The story of a group of people gathered around a well, sharing their personal experiences about Jesus. The Easter story will be dramatically presented. More Info at 717-293-9287
3) Middlesex United Methodist Church will be hosting its third annual FREE Eggstravaganza tomorrow (Saturday, April 7) from 12-4 PM. The Easter Egg Hunt will include entertainment ,bounce house, food, crafts, and more. Two egg hunts will be held, at 2 and 4 PM.More info: 717-249-2449
2) Carry the Cross today (Friday, April 6, 2012) 4:00-6:30 pm in Elizabethtown. Meet at Elizabethtown Mennonite Church (300 S Spruce St) at 3pm to walk with others from the community throughout E-town while reflecting on seven of the many events that Jesus faced along his journey to the cross. The Journey will conclude at St. Paul’s UMC (398 N Locust St). Shuttle service provided between churches. Sponsored by the Elizabethtown Ministerium. More Info: 689-0263
1) Scarlet Steps a multi-sensory art exhibit, sharing the Easter Message with artworkbased on ten different themes taken from Saint Peter’s sermon in Acts 10. Tonight (FRIDAY, APRIL 6TH, 2012) 12-9PM at Lancaster Quilt & Textile Museum 37 N. Market St., right next to Central Market. A choir will also be performing in the evening. More info: scarletsteps.com
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! March 30, 31 and April 1
5) Ye Free Merry Little Old Egg Hunt tomorrow (Sat. March 31st ) at 9AM at New Life Church in Lancaster. (rain date is April 1st) More info at www.newlifelancaster.org
4) Resurrection Round Up Easter Egg Hunt and More tomorrow (Sat. March 31st) from Noon-2PM at Lighthouse Assembly of God in New Holland. More info at www.lighthouseag.com
3) Gateway Church, Elk Creek Campus, will hold its Helicopter Egg Drop tomorrow (Saturday, March 31st) 11am at the Oxford Area High School soccer field. Pictures with the Easter bunny, balloons and refreshments. The helicopter plans to drop 20,000 eggs around 1:00 P.M. This event is free for children ages 2-11. More info at gcwired.com
2) Comedian and illusionist, Will McDaniel will host a family fun night, Sunday (April 1) at Northeastern High School in Manchester, 6pm. For more info call: 717-266-4525
1) PILGRIM’S PROGRESS is reuniting w/ Steve Garrett for a FREE CONCERT tonight Praise Fellowship Church, Downingtown. The concert starts at 7pm. A free will offering will be taken. More inf at www.stevegarrett.net
FRED MCNAUGHTON – Tune in today and be a part of the WJTL Friendraiser .
We are asking listeners (just like you) to support the station with prayer and monthly donations. Our goal is 230 New Pledgers!!! 230 Listeners who have never supported the station, or haven’t supported it lately, or who aren’t currently supporting on a regular basis. (YES! We want to cover all our bases, in more ways than one!)
Has WJTL impacted you or someone you know? If you believe in the ministry of WJTL, please call (717) 392-3690 and pledge your support. OR… You can make a pledge online.
WJTL is a listener-supported, non-commercial radio station. 100% of the support comes from our generous and faithful family of listeners. WJTL could not stay on the air without you.
Tune in today and listen for your chance to win prizes, hear special guests from the community and hear the heartbeat of this radio ministry.
FRED MCNAUGHTON – Please join us TOMORROW (March 29, 2012) for a very special day in the life of WJTL and our family of listeners. The WJTL Friendraiser will feature prizes such as…
* Kindle Fire from Snap Computers
* Family 4 Pack to Dutch Wonderland
* Hot air balloon ride for 2 from USA Hot Air Balloons
* 4 pack of tickets to see Switchfoot in concert
* Prize pack from Berean Christian Stores
* 3 registrations to Girls Night out and Day Off at Sandy Cove
* 4 box seats for Lancaster Barnstormers Baseball Game
* $200 gift card to Ed’s Landscaping Supply
* Stay-cation from Country Inn and Suites in Manheim
* Word prize pack – 6 Decades of Hits Song Book and 3 CD Set
We will also have special guests from the community…
Milt Stoltzfus from Friendship Community, Steven Courtney, John Zeswitz of LCBC Church, Deb Brandt of FIG Magazine, Matt Mylin of the Worship Center, Karolyn Gehman of Knights Landing Stables, Jesse Rothacker of Forgotten Friends Reptile Rescue, Kurt Weaver of Crossways Church, Bob McMichael of Lancaster Bible College, Amanda Rock of MMA, Lisa Hossler of Susquehanna Valley Pregnancy Services, Maria Shaszberger of Water Street Ministries, Dan Huie of Reilly, Steve Cornell of Millersville Bible Church, Brooke and TJ Mousetis of Walk In Love.
We will also be asking listeners to support the station with prayer and monthly donations. Our goal is 230 New Pledgers!!!
Please tune in tomorrow beginning at 6am and then listen ALL day!
Thank YOU for your support and thanks for listening,
WJTL Station Manager
Get Up and Go Show Co-Host
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! March 23, 24 & 25
5) The Strasburg-Heisler Library in Strasburg is having aLego Party tomorrow (Saturday, Mar 24) 12:30p to 1:30p
Kids in Grades Kindergarten through Sixth are invited. The Library will supply the Legos.
4) A free coffee house at Enola Church of God, 9 Sherwood Drive, Enola, Tonight (Friday March 23) 7pm. Music from the group Daybreak. More info: www.enolacog.com
3) Hempfield United Methodist Church, 3050 Marietta Ave, Lancaster is hosting A Celebration of Children in Song, tomorrow (Saturday, Mar 24) 7pm. The Concert will feature 3 award winning children’s choirs, The Children’s Choir of Lancaster, The Bel Canto Children’s Chorus, and Mennonite Children’s Choir of Lancaster.
2) Walk! It Does a Mind Good – an energetic, indoor, stepping routine to support No Longer Alone Ministries, tomorrow (Saturday, March 24) 9:30am at Lancaster Brethren In Christ Church in Lancaster. More info: nlam.org
1)Gateway Church, Parkesburg Campus will hold its Helicopter Egg Drop tomorrow (Saturday, March 24) 11am. The Helicopter plans to drop approximately 20,000 plastic eggs into designated areas roped off by age groups. Door prize giveaways, kid’s activities, free snacks and refreshments. If there is bad weather the event will be held indoors. Music and entertainment too. This event is free for children ages 2-11. More Info: 610-857-0720
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! March 16, 17, & 18
5) Jesse Rothacker and the Lancaster Herpetological Society will be leading an amphibian expedition tonight (Friday 3/16/12) 7 PM @ Manheim Township Public Library. Meet at the library to learn how to identify Pennsylvania’s frogs, toads, and salamanders by sight and by sound. Then walk with local herpetologists around the Overlook campus and help monitor known amphibian migration areas! Bring flashlights and hope for rain, because it brings amphibians out by the hundreds! More Info: Forgotten Friend.
4) Cornerstone Community Ministries – Annual Benefit Event, “Overcoming Challenges” tomorrow (Saturday, March 17th) at 6 PM at Elizabethtown BIC Church (996 E. High Street, Etown) Dinner will be provided, Updates will be presented by Cornerstone Ministry and Mike King will be the featured speaker. An offering will taken. To obtain FREE tickets for this Banquet, visit http://www.ccmetown.org or call 717-367-0000.
3) Heavens Gates Hell’s Flames at Living Waters Theater in Strasburg Sunday (March 18) at 7PM. Admission is free, but You will need to register online to reserve your seat. www.life-streams.org
2) Sixteen Cities in concert Sunday (March 18th) at 6:30PM at Lancaster Evangelical Free Church. Admission is free! Lancaster EFC is located at 419 Pierson Road, Litiz, Pa. More info by emailing email@example.com
1) The Christian Education Options Expo at the Hershey Lodge in Hershey tomorrow (Sat. March 17th) from 9AM-Noon.
Over 40 schools, home schools & online schools from 9 central PA counties all in one place for parents to explore plus 20 associated exhibitors. KCB on location with giveaways, prizes, music and more! Free admission. More Info: ceo2012.org
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! March 9, 10, 11
5) First Presbyterian Church in Strasburg will host the Otterbein University choir on Sunday, March 11, at 7pm. The choir will perform music for Lenten and Easter Seasons, African Spirituals and gospel music. More info at 717-687-6030
4) Steven Courtney + the Suitcase Musicians, tomorrow (Saturday, March 10) 7pm at Art & Soul Cafe, St. Paul’s United Methodist Church in Mountville. More info at stpaulsmtv.com/art-and-soul-cafe
3) Moore’s Chapel Cabin Fever! Tomorrow (Saturday, March 10) 11am-2pm. Moore’s Chapel United Methodist Church
392 Blake Road, Elkton, MD. Meet dozens of groups eager to show you new ways to “go outside and play.” Admission is free, including crafts, activities and demonstrations. More info: 443-553-8420
2) NewSong Fellowship Open Mic Cafe Tonight (March 9) 7-9pm at NewSong Fellowship Church, 609 Prospect Street, Lancaster. Free coffee & desserts, great music and other “unusual” performances, and tons of fun!
1) ChillyWilly Spring Plunge, tomorrow (Saturday, Mar 10) 7:15am at New Holland Recreation Center in New Holland The NHRC swimming pool will be drained and filled with fresh, very cold water. The Temperature will be approximately 55 degrees. Join in the early morning wakeup call and make a donation to help purchase CPR equipment for the Rec Center CPR classes. More info at newhollandreccenter.org
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! March 2, 3 and 4
5) Dr. Seuss Birthday Party and Pancake Breakfast, tomorrow
(Sat, Mar 3, 2012) – 08AM - 11AM HACC Cooper Building, Harrisburg. The activities are FREE there is a cost for the breakfast. Each child will receive a free book. The festival includes a Dr. Seuss Reading Station, activities and craft, face paint, and fitness activities. Families can register to win a Dr. Seuss DVD and Book Collection and Dutch Wonderland tickets. More info at www.superreader.org
4) State Street Cafe sponsored by Oak Hill Fellowship Church in Quarryville Tonight (Fri. March 2nd) from 7-9PM. Music by Chris Kauffman and Steve Bridgeman. Free event and free coffee! More info at www.oakhillfellowship.com/events
3) The Lancaster County Young Artists Exhibit is a competition to recognize outstanding art students in Lancaster County, grades 7 to 12. The top award-winners are chosen From a field of 2,500 entries, and will be on display at Lyet Lobby of The Ware Center, Millersville University Lancaster. The Exhibit opens tonight (Friday, March 2, 2012) at 6 p.m. and runs through the end of March. This event is free and open to the public.
2) Sisters in Christ Event, tomorrow (Saturday, March 3) 6-9p at Lancast Bible College, Praise & Worship, speakers, Fashion Show, Testimonies, Refreshments and, of course a Silly Song. More info at www.pasistersinchrist.com
1) Bethany Christian Services Grand Opening of the new Lancaster office, tomorrow Saturday morning. Crown Avenue, Lancaster, 9am to noon. Kids Cookie Break Live, PHREDD in concert, plus A day of celebration and culture! This family friendly event includes international treats, activities & games. A $1,000.00 dollar fee reduction for International adoption will be awarded. Visit bethany.org/lancaster
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! Feb 24, 25 26
5) 4th Fridays in Columbia, tonite (Feb 24) 5pm-9pm in Downtown Columbia. Experience Columbia’s art galleries, antique shops, and local eateries. There is also an at-your-own-pace tour.
4) Lancaster County Horse Show Series Sunday (Feb 26) beginning at 9am at the Crescendo Training Center, Ephrata.
The Jack Frost Jubilee Fun Show Series will provide entertainment and competition for horse riders. Proceeds benefit The Mount Hope Horse Rescue. Classes in various disciplines will be offered. Admission to the show is free to spectators. More info at www.crescendotrainingcentre.com
3) The Pendel Brass and Singers of The Salvation Army in concert tomorrow (Sat, Feb 25) from 3:00 PM - 06:00 PM at The Salvation Army Corps on 131 S Queen Street, Lancaster More info at www.salvationarmylancaster.org
2) Maple Sugaring tomorrow and Sunday (Feb 25 and 26) 10am to 2pm at Lancaster County Central Park, Pavilion 11. Open for All Ages Join Naturalists for maple sugaring demonstrations in the sugar bush of Central Park. See trees being tapped, sap boiled to syrup, and candy made from syrup. More info at www.co.lancaster.pa.us/parks
1) Mount Joy’s Fire and Ice Weekend tomorrow (Sat Feb 24) and Sunday (Feb 25) The Annual Chili Challenge, Hand-Carved Ice Sculptures, Music, Artisans and More. More info at mainstreetmountjoy.com
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! Feb 17, 18, 19, 2012
5) Living Water Community Church is hosting a free coffeehouse tonight (Friday, February 17) from 6-9pm. There will be multi-cultural performances, food, art gallery and fun! More info at www.livingwatercc.com
4) Solo artist Adam Paul Williams will be in concert at The Church of the Open Door, 8 Carlisle Court in York on Sunday (February 19) at 6pm. For more info call 767-6491.
3) A “Rabbit Rally” tomorrow (Sat, Feb 18) 10am – 4pm at the PetCo in West York (905 Loucks Rd) The York County SPCA will be bringing in rabbits that are available for adoption. You are encouraged to bring your own rabbit too! For more information call 717-699-2825
2) Mission Fest Lancaster Conference today, tomorrow and Sunday (Feb 17, 18 and 19) at Lancaster Mennonite High School. Speakers, exhibits and many local and national missionary organizations. More info at missionfestlancaster.org
1)Manheim Township Public Library is hosting a special Boogie Woogie Books event tomorrow (Saturday, Feb 18) 10:30am-11:30am, featuring Mark Pontz author of Baxter’s New Home. Mark will host story time featuring the new book, answer questions, sing a few songs and sign copies of Baxter’s New Home. register by phone (560-6441) or online www.mtpl.info