FRED MCNAUGHTON – It’s been a little while since we’ve had an update from our friend Bob Lenz on how things are going in Alaska. They’ve been in a more remote location and haven’t had access to wifi. Here’s a video to help you catch up, and you can read the blog from Bob’s Intern Brian.
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! December 9, 10 & 11.
5) Hayride to Bethlehem at Middlesex United Methodist Church tomorrow (Sat. Dec. 10th) from 5-9PM. Take a hayride through several live interactive nativity scenes. More Info
4) Messiah College Guitar Ensemble and guest performers from Mechanicsburg Middle School Guitar Ensemble present their December concert tomorrow (Sat. Dec. 10th) at 3:30PM in Hostetter Chapel at Messiah College. The concert is free and open to the public.
3) “Road To Bethlehem” drive thru nativity tomorrow (Sat. Dec. 10th) from 5-9PM at Susquehanna Grace Church in Wrightsville. Also, New Life For Girls will be presenting a program inside at 6PM. More info.
2) Mount Joy Food Bank Benefit Concert – Tonight (Friday, December 9) at 6:30 pm at St. Mark’s UMC in Mount Joy.
Juggler – Chris Ivey and music from Within The Realm and Bobby Wehner Band. Free admission with donations being accepted to benefit the Mount Joy Food Bank.
1) Journey with Jesus tomorrow (Saturday, December 10) 6-8pm at Ed’s Landscaping, route 230, 2 miles West of Elizabethtown. Live animals and live actors re-enact the Life of Jesus in realistic sets. Proceeds benefit WJTL.
FRED MCNAUGHTON – A fund has been set up for the Martin family through their church, Life Center Ministries. 16-year old Twin brothers Kyle & Jordan Martin and their 9-year-old sister Joelyn Martin were killed in a crash Tuesday on Route 72 near Mount Hope Road. Checks should be made payable to Life Center Ministries. Write “blessing fund” in the memo line. Donations can be mailed to Life Center Ministries, 411 South 40th Street, Harrisburg, Pa. 17111. The Martins are from the Manheim area, have seven siblings, were home-schooled and have attended WJTL events. Please keep the family and friends of the family in your prayers.
FRED MCNAUGHTON – Several years ago, Bob Lenz came to Lancaster to minister to the staff of WJTL and Creative Ministries at a staff retreat. Bob shared his heart for Alaska. He talked about the widespread drug and alcohol abuse, homelessness, depression, and difficulties facing many Alaskans. He also shared how the message of the Gospel was transforming those who heard and responded. We knew then that we wanted to support Bob and be part of what God is doing in Alaska. Catch up with this video of Bob and find out how the Holy Spirit is moving in Alaska.
FRED MCNAUGHTON – WJTL is teaming with Bob Lenz to reach Alaska with the Gospel. Bob give us an update on how things are going, and thanks the WJTL listeners for their support.
FRED MCNAUGHTON – Evangelist, Speaker and WJTL friend Bob Lenz is spearheading an outreach in Alaska. Bob is doing school programs, rallies and meeting with people one on one. Bob asked WJTL to be a part of what God is doing through this outreach. Join us in support of Bob. Please pray and watch this video to see what it’s all about.
Also, listen to Kristi interview Bob at our WJTLCAsts page.
FRED MCNAUGHTON – WJTL is teaming up with Bob Lenz of Life Promotions as he ministers in Alaska. Bob is conducting school programs and rallies. Check out this video to find out what God is doing in Alaska.
Bob’s intern, Brian is also blogging. Keep up with what’s happening here.
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!!
5) The Mennonite Children’s Choir of Lancaster, (MCCL) will present Christmas concerts tomorrow (Sat. Dec. 3rd) at 4PM at Church of the Apostles in Lancaster AND Sunday (Dec. 4th) at 6PM at Weaverland Mennonite Church.
4) Zion Lutheran Church will host a Holiday Bazaar & Fair Trade Fair today(Friday December 2nd) from 1-7pm AND tomorrow (Saturday, December 3rd) from 8am-2pm. The event features handmade crafts, outside vendors, fair trade
products, a cookie walk, food and more! Zion Lutheran Church is located at 18 Quarry Road in Leola.
3) Manheim Downtown Development Group is hosting a community event featuring the Christmas Tree lighting, caroling, hot chocoalate, a community jazz band, dance numbers from the Nutrcracker Ballet and pony cart rides.tomorrow, (December 3rd) 7:00pm.
2) Super Christmas Puppet Show – Sunday, (December 4)6:00PM, Memorial Baptist Church, Biglerville Road, Gettysburg. MBC Youth Puppet Team will be performing.
1) The Oakes Museum of Natural History third annual holiday open house tomorrow (Saturday, December
3rd) from 1PM – 5PM. Admission is free. There will be polar bear craft projects and activities for children ages 3-12, hourly drawings for museum gift certificates, and Refreshments will be served. The Oakes Museum of Natural History is located in the Jordan Science Center on Messiah College’s Grantham campus.
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! Nov 25, 26 and 27
5) Visit the Train Room Open House at Garden Spot Village
An Interactive model train display, a talking Thomas the Tank Engine tomorrow (Sat. Nov 26, 2011) 1:30pm – 4pm. Garden Spot Village, 433 S. Kinzer Ave., New Holland. Free admission. More info at 717-355-6000.
4) Families United Network, Inc. is hosting a Community Adoption Awareness Event tomorrow (Sat. Nov. 26th) in honor of National Adoption Month. The event will be at Movie Town Theater in Elizabethtown and includes the airing of The Blind Side movie and a brief presentation on foster care adoption. More info at 717-492-9338
3) His Little Feet choir will perform Sunday Night (November 27, 2011) 6pm as part of the National Adoption Month celebration at MANHEIM BRETHREN IN CHRIST, 54 North Penryn Road, Manheim. More info.
2) Community Worship Night with Oceans In Love tonight (Fri. Nov. 25th) from 6:30-8PM at A Little Bit Of Heaven in Spring Grove. 245 N. Main St. More info at facebook.com/oceansinlove
1) The Mayor’s annual Tree Lighting and Tuba concert tonight (Fri, Nov 25, 2011) – 06:30 PM - 08:30 PM Penn Square in Lancaster. More info.
FRED MCNAUGHTON – Today’s the BIG day. You’re invited to the free Kids Cookie Break Celebration featuring Slugs and Bugs’ Randall Goodgame (“Tractor, Tractor”, “I’m Adopted”) Lisa Landis and the Cookie Eating Challenge and yours truly – Phredd this evening at 6pm at Manheim BIC’s Warehouse 54 auditorium. The concert is free, seating is limited and is first come first served. We’d love to see you there. Check out all the details at KidsCookieBreak.com
Directions to Warehouse 54 – 54 North Penryn Rd., Maheim, PA