May 31, June 1 & 2, 2013
5) Central Penn Parents FAMILY FAVORITES FESTIVAL tomorrow (Saturday, June 1) 10am-4pm at the HACC Campus- Harrisburg. This annual FREE festival features live entertainment, bounce houses, pony rides, theatrical performances, concerts, games, activities, face painting, storytelling, food samples, live animals and Steven Courtney and the Suitcase Musicians in concert. More info: centralpennparent.com
4) Soccer Shots of Lancaster/Lebanon/Berks will be at Red Rose Arena offering FREE Soccer Clinics for kids ages 2-8 tomorrow (Saturday June 1) from 9-11am. There will be games, prizes, music and more! More info: lancaster.ssreg.org
3) Free Family Fun Day event at Pleasant View Church in Red Lion tomorrow (Saturday June 1) from 10am-2pm. Activities include bounce house, obstacle course, and wrecking ball inflatables, face painting, crafts, free cotton candy, and an animal learning center and more. More info: 717-244-6323
2) Rockvale Outlets Lancaster will welcome Eagles players, and Eagles mascot Swoop tomorrow (Saturday June 1) 11am-3pm in the parking area across from the Eagles End Zone. Players will be available for autographs and pictures. More info: 717-293-9292.
1) York County Library Kick Off Event at the West Manchester mall tomorrow (Sat. June 1st) from 10am-1pm. York County Libraries and Get Outdoors York are gearing up for the 2013 Summer Reading Club.The two groups have combined efforts to encourage kids to be mentally and physically active over the summer months. Clowns, Face Painting, activities and Kids Cookie Break Broadcasting Live! More info:yorklibraries.org
Memorial Day Weekend – May 24-27, 2013
5) Fourth Friday Mount Joy, tonight (Friday, May 24) 5-8pm food, prizes, art, music and Bobby Wehner in concert at the Aspire Community Center Mount Joy. More info: Mainstreetmountjoy.com
4) Carlisle Memorial Day Parade, Monday (May 27th) beginning at 9am at Hanover St. and ending at High Street. The Carlisle Memorial Day Parade features trucks, floats, bands and many local organizations. More info: 717 226-1966
3) Free Coffee House at Enola First Church of God in Enola tonight,(Fri. May 24) at 7pm, Featuring “Heartsong”. Refreshments will be served. A freewill offering will be received.
2) Strasburg Memorial Day Parade and Memorial Service, Mon. May 27th. The parade begins at 9am. Colonel Stuart Roop, a 1984 graduate of Lampeter-Strasburg High School and a West Point graduate, will be the keynote speaker at the memorial service. He is currently the Chief of Medicine at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center. There will also be a Hotdog Picnic following the parade at First Presbyterian Church in Strasburg. More info: www.co.lancaster.pa.us/strasburg_boro
1) . Mount Joy Memorial Day Parade, tomorrow (Sat. May 25th) beginning at 2pm. The Mount Joy parade has its origin in the late 1800′s. This event is organized by volunteers and features many local fire companies, bands and organizations. Look for WJTL! More info: mountjoyborough.com
May 17, 18 & 19, 2013
5) Tonight (Friday May 17) from 7-9:30pm at the Community Room on Prince in Lancaster – a Film Screening of the movie Blue Like Jazz followed by discussion around the themes within the movie. Blue Like Jazz is adapted from the book by author Donald Miller and Produced and Directed by Steve Taylor. More info: 717-572-5914
4) Children of the World Choir will perform at Linville Hill School, Kinzer Rd., Paradise, Sunday evening, (May 19) at 7pm. The choir is made up of disadvantaged and orphaned children from several countries around the globe. More info: 717.687.5118
3) Emazing Grace (Emily & Grace) who have a song on the KCB4 cd, will be playing Christian Bluegrass on Sunday evening (May 19)7pm at the Church of God of Landisville. A free will offering will be taken for the band. More info: 717-898-8144
2) Freedom Fun Fair tomorrow(Saturday, May 18)10am-2pm at Lebanon Valley Bible Church on the front lawn, Horseshoe Pike, Lebanon. Free Food, face painting, Angry Birds Booth, bounce houses, and more. More info: lvbiblechurch.org
1) 60th Annual Sertoma Chicken Barbecue, tomorrow (Saturday, May 18) 10am-6pm at Long’s Park, Lancaster – Kids Cookie Break Broadcasting Live, Concerts on the Weaver’s Garage Stage by Dan and Lauren Smith Band, Jeremiah Coyne Band, The Talent Challenge and more. Proceeds from the Chicken Barbecue meals benefits Long’s Park and it’s many benefits to kids and the community. More info: lancastersertomabbq.com
May 10, 11 & 12, 2013
5) 20th Annual Friendship Community Fest and Auction tonight and tomorrow (Friday and Saturday May 10 & 11) beginning at 4pm tonight and 7am tomorrow at the Friendship campus on East Oregon Road in Lititz. Auction Barbecue, Bounce Castle Balloon Rides, Jugglers and more. More info: friendshipcommunity.net
4) Kraybill Mennonite School Auction and Barbecue tonight and tomorrow (Friday and Saturday May 10 & 11) beginning at 4:30pm tonight and 7:30am tomorrow at the Kraybill Campus just outside of Mount Joy. Auction, Barbecue, Children’s activities and more. More info: lancastermennonite.org
3)Help Celebrate the Coolest Small Town in America with Lititz, tonight (Friday,May 10) 5-9pm. Music, Jugglers, Celebrations and more. Lititz will also be trying to break the record for people wearing sunglasses in the dark as it hosts the festival “America’s Coolest Small Town.” Organizers will be handing out over 2,000 pairs of sunglasses. More Info: at the Downtown Lititz Facebook Page
2) Life Church in Middletown is Hosting John James former lead sing of the Newsboys, tomorrow (Saturday, May 11th). From 2-4pm there is a special session for worship leaders and musicians, which is also free – but registration is required. Then, the Saturday evening special worship service is for everyone and begins at 7pm. To register or more info: 717-944-4455
1) Susquehanna Valley Pregnancy Services Walk/5K Run and Bike for Life, tomorrow (Saturday, May 11) 8am-noon, join with believers from across Lancaster and Lebanon counties to support the ongoing work of SVPS. Two locations Calvary Church, Lancaster and South Hills Park, Lebanon. Kids Zone, After Party, and WJTL and KCB Broadcasting Live. More info at SVPS.org
FRED MCNAUGHTON – Congratulations to the WJTL team, winner of this years PAB (Pennsylvania Association of Broadcasters) Excellence in Broadcasting Outstanding Station Sponsored Event, for the 2012 Kids Cookie Break Fest. Kids Cookie Break Host Lisa Landis and WJTL Office Manager, Stacey Gagne attended the May 6 Awards Ceremony in Hershey where they accepted the award on behalf of WJTL.
In the past WJTL has won the Prestigious Excellence in Broadcasting Award several times for Outstanding Promotional Announcement, Outstanding Radio Website, and Outstanding Radio Promotion. Lisa and Kids Cookie Break has been honored eight times for Outstanding Radio Program for Children for the Kids Cookie Break. This year the PAB did not have a category for Children’s Radio Programming.
Congratulations to the WJTL team and thanks to PAB for honoring us with this award. It is encouraging to be recognized by our peers in the Broadcasting Industry.
May 3, 4 and 5, 2013
5) Lancaster Art Walk – Take a contemplative walk with Lancaster’s gallery community tomorrow (Saturday, May 4) and Sunday (May 5) including Julia Swartz Gallery, who will have the Rafiki benefit painting on display. This painting is based on a Photo Lisa Landis took while working with Rafiki in Kenya and will be auctioned Aug 9 in support of Rafiki Africa. More info: Lancasterartwalk.org
4) Family Fun Day at Blue Ball Church of the Brethren tomorrow (Sat. May 4th) from 11am-2pm. Free Kingdom themed games, prizes, entertainment, craft, horse rides, a bounce castle, a box maze, Duckling Castle Slip & Slide & more!! Special guest Jeremy the Illusionist will perform, More info: www.BlueBallBrethren.org
3) First Friday Lancaster tonight (May 3) in Downtown Lancaster from 5-9pm. Celebrate the arts in Lancaster with the artwalk, concerts and much more. More info at Lancasterarts.com
2) Hallelujah Hands Puppets are presenting “I Can See Clearly Now” on Sunday (May 5th) at 5pm at Grace Community Church Herndon. (near Millersburg) More info: 570-758-6214
1) Rafiki Africa 5K & African Festival – tomorrow (Sat. May 4th) beginning at 7:30am and running throughout the afternoon. at Lancaster County Christian School in Lancaster. (next to the Worship Center) The run/walk will be followed by the African Festival featuring African music, food, fashion,face painting, African story telling, games and more. More info: rafikiafrica.org
April 26, 27 & 28, 2013
5) The 7 Project at Night Festival, Garden Spot High School in New Holland, tonight (Fri. April 26th) at 7pm A fun family and community event that churches, youth, and students from around the community have planned together to help unite the community and the church. Free food, Free prizes, Games and giveaways. Pro Skater Zach Wenrich and World’s Strongest Redneck – Steve McGranahan will give presentations. More Info: (717) 390- 7950
4) FAMILY DAY ON THE FARM, Sunday (April 28, 2013) 1-5pm, Rolling Hills Ranch Lane, Port Deposit, MD. Live Music, Pony Rides, Animals To Pet, Moon Bounces, Vendors, Yard Sale Items, Face Painting, Children’s Games, Hay Rides, Tour the Extreme Makeover Home from the hit TV Show Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and equestrian demonstrations. All Proceeds go to Freedom Hills Therapeutic Riding Program More info: www.freedomhills.org,
3) St. Jacob’s UCC & St. Jacob’s Lutheran are having a Rip Roaring Fun Fair tomorrow (April 27th) 11am-2pm at 100 E. George St, York New Salem. Games, face painting, hair dying, Clowns, food and more. More info: 717-792-4326
2) Kiss Hershey Back, a beautification effort spanning Derry Township,led by Penn State College of Medicine students, tomorrow (Saturday, April 27) 10am-1pm. Plant flowers and trees and pick up litter. A pre-event breakfast will take place at 8am. on the campus of Penn State Hershey Medical Center. Register to volunteer at www.kisshersheyback.blogspot.com.
1) Earth Day event at Sahd Salvage Center in Columbia tomorrow (Sat. April 27th) from 9am-1pm. FREE Family fun! 30 Vendors teaching families how to Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, learning about alternative fuels, processes and countless forms of recycling. Kids Cookie Break Broadcasting Live, Free Paper Shredding by Shred-It and clothing and houshold goods recycling by Goodwill. More Info: http://recycleyourmetal.com/
April 19, 20 & 21, 2013
5) Plow Day at Fehr Field Farm, Ferrebee Road in Pine Grove, tomorrow, (Saturday, April 20) Beginning at 9 AM, Plowing demonstrations using antique tractor horses and mules. Sponsored by Schuylkill County Agricultural Museum. More Info:www.schuylkillfair.com
4) An evening of worship with the National Christian Choir on Sunday evening, (April 21st) at 6PM at the Five Forks Brethren In Christ Church in Waynesboro, PA. More info: 717.762.2991
3) Free Kids Spring Fling at Wrap-N-Go Florist, York Haven Road in Etters tomorrow (Saturday, April 20) 10am-3pm. Celebrate Spring, Earth Day, and Arbor Day with tons of fun and educational activities, including a Scavenger Hunt, Bob’s Critters, Jimbo the Clown Balloon Art, Bounce House, Popcorn, Cotton Candy, games, prizes, crafts, Newberrytown Police will be conducting car seat safety checks. A firetruck, ambulance, recycling truck and more!.
2) The Millersville University Chapter of the American Meteorological Society will host its 5th annual Weather Day, tomorrow (Saturday, April 20) 11am-3pm, at Pucillo Gymnasium. Admission and food is FREE! Weather demonstrations by Millersville Meteorology students, a live weather balloon launch, Cool weather booths, experiments, crafts, and weather professionals. Free hot dogs, soda, popcorn, cotton candy and FUN!More info: muweatherday.com
1) KCB live at Sky Fest Summer Camp Preview with Summit International Family fun day to preview the brand new summer camp, tomorrow, (Saturday April 20) KCB Live, 9am to noon, the event continues throughout the afternoon. Pony Rides, Bounce Houses, Kids’ Carnival , Climbing Wall, and former New York Jet Mark Gastineau. SKY Summer Camp is located at 74 Harrison School Road Grantville. More info: www.skysummercamp.org
April 12, 13 & 14, 2013
5) Jesse Rothacker and Forgotten Friends Reptiles will be at DOVE Westgate Church in Ephrata tonight (Friday, April 12) at 6:30pm to conduct a reptile show for families. Snacks will be provided after the show. More Info: 717-721-3775
4) Ichthus Coffee House at Emmanuel Evangelical Free Church of York, Sunday, (April 14) from 7-11pm. Open mic from 7 to 8 and Featured Band, “Under The Son” at 8 PM till 9 PM followed by more open mic.
3) Several worship bands from Lancaster Bible College will host an evening of worship with guest artists and local youth bands, Tonight (Friday, April 12) from 7-9PM at Lancaster Bible College Chapel. Free tickets are required for admission. Donations will be received to help with the cost of the event. More Info: 717-560-8218
2) BeadforLife Opportunity Tour Sunday (April 14) at
St. John’s Episcopal Church, 321 W. Chestnut St. Lancaster, 6:30pm-8:30pm. Meet Joan & Teddy! Both were living on less than a dollar a day until they met BeadforLife. Hear these two entrepreneurs who changed their lives when given a small opportunity. Learn how they earned money and started vibrant businesses that now support their families. More info: BeadForLife.org
1) Annual Lancaster Barnstormers Fan Fest at Clipper Magazine Stadium, Saturday (April 13) Admission to the event is FREE. Gates will open at noon. Barnstormers will host the Camden Riversharks at 1:00 p.m The first 200 fans will receive a FREE hot dog combo meal and the first 150 kids through the gate will receive FREE cotton candy. Turkey Hill will also be passing out FREE ice cream cups. Bring your gloves for pre-game toss and catch on the outfield grass, and kids can make the post-game dash around the bases. A face painter and a balloon artist will also be on hand. More Info: (717) 509-4487
April 5, 6 & 7, 2013
5) The Trust Performing Arts Center Coffee House Hosted by LBC. Get the first look at the Trust Performing Arts Center. LBC bands: Stuart Young, Alicia Carver, Jamie Saez. and more, as part of First Friday Lancaster, Tonight (Friday, April 5) 6-9pm More Info: LBC.edu
4) Steven Courtney and the Suitcase Musicians in concert, tonight (Friday, April 5) at Dallastown Elementary School Family Fun Night at 7pm. More Info: stevencourtney.com
3) Piercing Word Ministries Scripture Drama, Sunday (April 7th) at 7pm at Lyndon Mennonite Church in Lancaster. The Piercing Word team will be dramatizing memorized Scripture focusing on Easter Week. More Info: 717 392 4412
2) Free dinner and a movie – Courageous at Palmyra First United Methodist Church in Palmyra on Sunday (April 7th) from 4-7PM. Open and free to the community. Includes guest speaker, former Hershey Bear Willie Marshall. More Info: 717-838-2551
1) 5th Annual Garden Spot Village Marathon, Tomorrow (Saturday, April 6) Marathon, Relay & Half Marathon beginning at 8:00 a.m. KCB Broadcasting Live and giving out FREE goodies including Chick-fil-A cookies! Chances to request songs, win prizes and talk on the radio. All Proceeds Benefit the Garden Spot Village Benevolent Fund. More info: GardenSpotVillageMarathon.org