FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! May 23, 34, 25 (and Memorial Day, Monday May 26), 2014
5) Celebrate Memorial Day this Weekend. Memorial Day is observed on the last Monday of May and commemorates all men and women, who have died in military service for the United States. Many people visit cemeteries and memorials and it is traditionally seen as the start of the summer season.
4) The 14th Annual 5k River Run, tomorrow (Saturday, May 24) beginning at 8:30am at Wrighsville Elementary School.
Hosted by the Susquehanna Valley Chamber of Commerce, the course crosses the Susquehanna River via the Veterans Memorial Bridge between Lancaster and York County. The bridge is closed to traffic during the event. There is a cost for runners – but spectators are free. More Info: parivertowns.com
3) Family Fishing Fun, Monday, (May 26) Twice each year, Memorial Day and the Fourth of July, the PA Fish and Boat Commission waives licensing requirements.Go Fishing with family and friends. It’s Free and it’s Fun!
2) Garden Spot Village invites the public to view Art Work -drawings, paintings, prints, photographs and other images created by talented high-school age art students from Lancaster and Chester counties tomorrow and Sunday (May 24 & 25) 9am-5pm both days. First-place winner will hang in Washington for one year; runners-up will hang in the congressman Joe Pitts’ office. More Info: gardenspotvillage.org
1) Mount Joy Area Memorial Day Parade, tomorrow (Saturday, May 24) beginning at 2pm through Main Street in Mount Joy. Fire Companies, Bands, Floats and More Commemorating Memorial Day. This years theme is “The War that Started 100 Years Ago”
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! May 16, 17 & 18, 2014
5) Coffeehouse & Open Mic NIght tonight (Friday May 16)from 7-9 PM at the Community Room on King with featured musician Philip Miller – singer/songwriter from Lancaster. More Info: http://www.veritaspa.org
4) The 100 voice Lancaster Chorale and orchestra, will present Mendelssohn’s oratorio, “Elijah” on Sunday, May 18 at 6 PM at Calvary Church, Lancaster. Admission is free. A free-will offering will be received.More Info: www.calvarychurch.org
3) The Rhubarb Festival tonight and tomorrow (Friday and Saturday, May 16 and 17) at Kitchen Kettle Village, Old Philly Pike in Intercourse, PA. Activities for young and old – the world’s only rhubarb race-car derby, Best Rhubarb Dessert baking contest, Rhubarb Whoopie Pie Filling Contest, the Rhubarb Stroll mini parade featuring costumed characters, musicians, and more. Free! More Info: www.kitchenkettlevillage.com
2) Freedom Fun Fair tomorrow (Saturday May 17) at Lebanon Valley Bible Church will be hosting its 5th annual FREE Community Event from 10am-2pm. FREE Food, Petting Zoo, Face-Painting, Pony Rides, Bouncy Houses, and Games for All Ages! LVBC is located on US-322 between Fontana and Campbelltown. Rain or Shine! More Info: lvbiblechurch.org
1) Sertoma Chicken BBQ at Long’s Park, Lancaster tomorrow (Saturday, May 17) starting with the Kid’s Cookie Break Broadcasting Live at 9am. Bruce Fite at noon followed by Strong In Us, Illusionist Brett Myers, Last year’s Talent Challenge Winners – Disciples of Praise, The 2014 Talent Challenge and ending with Matt Wheeler & Vintage Heart. WJTL.com
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! May 9, 10 & 11, 2014
5) Calvary Bible Church Block Party, tomorrow (Saturday, May 10th) from noon-3pm, 629 Union School Road, Mount Joy. Food, games, train barrel rides, crafts, petting zoo, bounce house, prizes and more. More Info: 717-653-5857.
4) The Kraybill Benefit Auction & Fair tonight (Friday, May 9) and tomorrow (Saturday, May 10) at Lancaster Mennonite School – Kraybill campus. Mechanical Bull Ride, Inflatable Obstacle Course, Dunk Tank, Pedal Carts, Face Painting and more. More Info: www.kraybillauction.com
3) Fore Change – Putting an End to Hunger in Haiti Miniature Golf Tournament & Family Fun Day, tomorrow (Saturday, May 10) at Heritage Hills Golf Resort in York. Bounce House, Face Painting, Steven Courtney Concert. and more. More info:forechange.org
2) Friendship Community’s Fest and Auction tonight (Friday, May 9) and tomorrow (Saturday, May 10th) on the grounds of Friendship Community, East Oregon Rd, Lititz, with a Pancake and sausage breakfast, kids activities by Cherry Crest Adventure Farm, Friday Night Steven Courtney & The Suitcase Musicians Concert and More. More Info: www.friendshipcommunity.net
1) Susquehanna Valley Pregnancy Services Walk Plus for Life, tomorrow (Sat. May 10th) at Calvary Church in Lancaster and South Hills Park, Lebanon . Registration begins at 7:30am. Walk, 5K Run, Motorcycle Ride, Kids’ Zones, Kids’ Stage, Chicken BBQ! More Info: http://www.svps.org/
Congratulations to WJTL, Kids Cookie Break, and host Lisa Landis – winner of The Pennsylvania Association of Broadcasters Excellence in Broadcasting Radio Judges Merit Award for The Kids Cookie Break Fest 2013. On Monday (May 5) Fred, Lisa and Kristi attended the annual gathering of Pennsylvania Broadcasters and received the award during a special ceremony at the Hotel Hershey.
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! May 2, 3 & 4, 2014
5) Saturday In the Park, tomorrow (Saturday, May 3) 11am-6pm at the Freedom Memorial Park, Millersville, rain or shine. Free carnival-style games, Steven Courtney and The Suitcase Musicians. Bring your lawn chairs and blankets and enjoy a fun afternoon. More Info: 717-393-7308
4) Ready, Set, Explore: A Backyard Adventure with Curious George, tomorrow (Saturday, May 3) 9am-11am at Lancaster County Environmental Center. Designed for ages 3-8, kids will meet Curious George and discover science by exploring animal habitats & tracks, observing plants & insects, learning about weather & wind, and creating tools to explore with at home. All family members welcome.
3) 6th Annual Penn Township-Pleaseant View Community Day tomorrow (Saturday, May 3rd) Rain or Shine – 9am-2pm, Penryn Road, Manheim. 5K Run, food, entertainment, craft fair, and community organizations. More Info: https://www.pleasantviewrc.org
2) One A-Chord in Concert, Sunday (May 4) 6:30pm-8:30pm at Calvary Monument Bible Church in Paradise. An evening of praise & worship with One A-Chord, the Lancaster County National Day of Prayer Choir. Admission is free; a love offering will be taken. More Info: www.calvarymonument.org
1) The Rafiki Africa Festival & 5K run/walk tomorrow (Saturday, May 3) 9am – 1pm on the grounds of the Lancaster County Christian School, New Holland Pk, Lancaster. African food, dancing and drumming, crafts, a fashion show, and MORE. Kids Cookie Break Broadcasting live. More Info: https://www.rafikiafrica.org/african-festival-2014
IMPORTANT DETAILS FOR EVERYONE ATTENDING
The Lancaster National Day of Prayer events are at a new location this year:
The Junction Center! All attenders are asked to park at Roots Country Market & Auction – 705 Graystone Rd., Manheim. Only those with Handicap Parking credentials will be permitted to park in The Junction Center Parking Lot.
The Evening Program and Main Event
6pm-8:30pm – Celebration of Prayer
Worship Concert by the 100-voice NDP Choir
Keynote Speaker – Joni Eareckson Tada
WJTL and WDAC will be broadcasting Joni’s talk live, on the air, for those unable to attend.
The Afternoon Program for those with Disabilities
2:30pm -3:30pm -Concert of Prayer
This is exclusively for those with disabilities (and their caregivers), who are invited to experience an intimate and meaningful time of prayer and worship with Joni Eareckson Tada. Since this one-hour private meeting will be focused on individuals with disabilities we ask the rest of the community to respect this special time of ministry by not attending, and instead attend the Evening Program. Thank You.
The program will be held in The Junction Center Ampitheatre with limited covered seating, so please bring a lawn chair or blanket.
For a complete schedule, prayer guide, youth edition, motorcycle ride and all the complete information about the events surrounding this Thursday’s National Day of Prayer Events in Lancaster please visit LancasterNDP.com
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! April 25, 26 & 27, 2014
5) Manheim Christian Day 38th Annual Benefit Auction & Family Fun Days, tonight (Friday, April 25) and tomorrow (Saturday, April 26) at the school, Lebanon Rd., Manheim. Kids Activities, Helicopter Candy Drop, Chicken Barbecue, Buffet Breakfast, Auction and more. More Info: ManheimChristian.org
4) Clarinet Quartet Superb – Central Pennsylvania’s only professional performing clarinet quartet,will perform at Garden Spot Village tomorrow (Saturday April 26) at 7pm. More Info: gardenspotvillage.org
3) PUREhope Coffeehouse tomorrow (Saturday, April 26) 6:30 -10pm at St. Peter’s Evangelical Lutheran Church. A benefit coffeehouse for Abolition International and Blood:Water Mission to support the organizations. Live entertainment provided throughout the evening by Jonathan Frazier, the Elizabethtown College Clarinet Ensemble, Seasons, and friends.
2) Miles For Martins Cross Country 5K Miles Cross Country Run/Walk that benefits the Martin Family Education Trust. It offers hope to the four children survived by Wes and Liz Martin by raising funds in an effort to provide a fundamental education for the children to grow and succeed in life. Miles 4 Martins begins and ends at Lancaster Catholic High School Stadium. Rain or shine. More Info: miles4martins.com
1) Sahd Salvage Earth Day Event tomorrow (Saturday, April 26) Lisa and Kids Cookie Break Live from 9am to noon, Aluminum Can donations benefit WJTL! Scrap Yard Tours, Recycling Organizations, Composting Shows. http://recycleyourmetal.com/
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! April 11, 12 & 13, 2014
5) The Conservatory of Music Youth Orchestra and String Section will perform a free concert tomorrow (Saturday, April 12th) at The Trust Performing Arts Center in downtown Lancaster beginning at 7pm. More Info: L-C-M-I-N-C-PA.org
4)The “Hand’s 4 Him” Puppet Ministry Team will present the Easter musical “Countdown to Easter”, Sunday (April 13th) from 4-5pm at Mountville Church of the Brethren, Clay Street in Mountville. Light refreshments will be served afterwards. More info: Mountvillecob.org
3) Grace Baptist Church of Lancaster annual Easter Celebration and Egg Hunt tomorrow (Saturday, April 12th) from 10:00-noon. Activities for infants through kids in 6th grade will include a Bounce House, games, crafts, prizes, the Easter story, and an egg hunt.
2) A Gospel Music Extravaganza Concert to Celebrate the 91st Birthday of the Crispus Attucks Community Center, Sunday (April 13) 4pm at Brightside Baptist Church, Hershey Ave, Lancaster. More Info: 717 394-6604
1) FREE EASTER EGG HUNT with OVER 40,000 EGGS!!! for kids from birth to 12 years old (Food, games, & entertainment for kids of all ages!) tomorrow (Saturday, April 12) at New Life Church , Old Philadelphia Pike, Lancaster. Registration and entertainment begin at 9am. Egg hunt begins at 10am! Pre-Register online at www.newlifelancaster.org
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! April 4, 5 & 6, 2014
5) Calvary Bible Church of Hanover will host Liberty University’s traveling team, Sounds of Liberty, in concert,Sunday, April 6, 10:30 AM. The vocal and instrumental group performs hundreds of concerts annually. More Info: www.cbc-hanover.org
4) Spring Eggstravaganza, tomorrow (April 5) from 8:30am-1pm at St. Jacob’s Lutheran Church in Glen Rock. Egg Hunt and Easter Children’s Program. More Info: 717-235-7313.
3) First Friday Lancaster, tonight (Fri. Apr 4) from 5-9pm in Downtown Lancaster, celebrating the arts, music and community in Lancaster every First Friday. More Info: lancasterarts.com
2) Scarlet Steps, tonight (Friday, April 4) from 4-9pm at The Trust Performing Arts Center in Lancaster. Harvest Lancaster is presenting an art exhibit featuring local artists expressing the gospel through various creative mediums, including live music on. More Info: www.scarletsteps.com
1) The North Museum of Natural History and Science and Lancaster General Health are having a free admission day featuring the interactive health exhibit “Eat, Well, Play Well” tomorrow, (Saturday, April 5) from10am – noon. There’s long list of area folks who will be dishing up fun for families and they will have samples. More Info: northmuseum.org
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! March 28, 29 & 30, 2014
5) Easter Egg Hunt Sunday, (March 30)11:30am-12:30 pm at New Creation Community Church, Emig Mill Road in Dover. Bags with handles will be given to each child to use for the “hunt” and to take home! More Info: 717-764-0252.
4) Imperfect Circle Art Show, tonight (Friday, Mar 28) 5-8pm at St. Mark’s United Methodist Church, Main St. Mount Joy Bobby Wehner and Sarah Way will perform music from the 70s and 80s. Come out to see local art, contribute to a community art canvas,and listen to the brass and guitar collaboration. More Info: Imperfect Circle Facebook page.
3) The Juan Catorce Band in concert Saturday (Mar 29) 7:00p at Emmaus Road Cafe in Lancaster. The Juan Catorce Band is a modern rock band based in Lancaster County. More Info: http://www.emmausroadcafe.org/
2) Internationally known cellist Emilio Colon will perform at Grace Lutheran Church in Lancaster, Sunday (Mar 30) 3pm. He’ll be joined by organist Murray Foreman and Colon’s wife and Ephrata native Cara Elise Colon on Cello for a special performance of Handel’s Sonata in G minor for Two Violins. The concert is free. More Info: (717) 397-2748
1) Signs of Spring Walk, Sunday (March 30, 2014) 2:30-4pm at Nixon County Park, Nixon Drive in York. Search the park’s stream banks and pond for signs of spring.More Info http://www.yorkcountyparks.org