FRED MCNAUGHTON – January 11, 12, 13 2013
5) SECOND FRIDAY in LITITZ tonight (January 11, 2013) 5-9pm. Historic Downtown Lititz streets filled with family activities and entertainments, free and open to the public. More info: venturelititz.com
4) Ichthus Coffeehouse, Games and open mic for music or spoken word, tomorrow (Saturday, Jan 12) 7pm-11pm at Immanuel Evangelical Free Church of York. More Info:717-755-2413
3) E-town 2nd Fridays, tonight (Saturday, Jan 11) 5-9 pm. Downtown Elizabethtown. Music, Art and Kids Activities. More Info: facebook.com/Etown2ndFridays
2) Family R We Conference tonight 7-9p and tomorrow 8:30am to noon (Fri & Sat Jan 11 & 12) Moms, Dads Grandparents and Kids engaged in interactive activities that help them discover what makes family, family. Wesley United Methodist Church, Quarryville. Presented by House on the Rock Ministries.
1) 97th Pennsylvania Farm Show. continues tonight and tomorrow (Friday and Saturday Jan 11 & 12) at the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex and Expo Center, 2300 N. Cameron St., Harrisburg. Hundreds of exhibits, contests, all celebrating PA agriculture. Admission is free, there is a cost for parking. More Info: farmshow.state.pa.us
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!!
5) The Solid Rock Cafe in Lebanon is featuring the band Once Called Saul Saturday evening (January 5, 2013) from 7-9pm, for a night of music & fellowship. Free admission. For More Info: 717-933-4926
4) RiSE Youth Revival at York Christian Church (2901 Pleasant Valley Road, York,) beginning Sunday (January 6, 2013) and running thru January10th each evening from 6:30pm-8:30pm. The theme for this year is “Target the Heart” based on 1 Timothy 1:5. Each night will include worship, a speaker, and youth group time. For more info: 717-755-1893
3) First Fridays! Downtown Lancaster – tonight (January 4, 2013) from 5-9pm. Celebrate the arts in Lancaster with fun, food and music. More Info: Lancasterarts.com
2) CHiPS HO Model RailRoad Open House Sunday (Jan 6, 2013) from 1-4pm at the Columbia Historic Preservation Society
21 N. Second St., Columbia. 1000sq.ft. HO model railroad located on second floor of museum. A 200sq.ft diorama of Columbia circa 1930. Free admission–donations accepted
1) 97th Pennsylvania Farm Show. beginning Saturday (Jan. 5th through Jan 12) at the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex and Expo Center, 2300 N. Cameron St., Harrisburg. Hundreds of exhibits, contests, all celebrating PA agriculture. Admission is free, there is a cost for parking. More Info: farmshow.state.pa.us
FRED MCNAUGHTON – Time to take one last check at the WJTL 2012 End of the Year Donation Thermometer. Three hundred and six thousand dollars was the target to reach budget by the end of the year. Your December donations have totaled - $351,808
Which surpassed the goal!!! Thank you to everyone who made an end of year Donation!
Please join us in Celebrating God’s Faithfulness and your Generosity!
FRED MCNAUGHTON – Jenn Paules is going to interview poem author Cameo Smith from Mount Wolf, PA this morning at 10am. Cameo wrote this poem in response to the Newtown, CT School shooting.
11 Days before Christmas 2012
T’was 11 days before Christmas, around 9:38
When 20 beautiful children stormed through heaven’s gate.
Their smiles were contagious, their laughter filled the air,
They could hardly believe all the beauty they saw there.
They were filled with such joy, they didn’t know what to say,
They remembered nothing of what had happened earlier that day.
“Where are we?” asked a little girl, as quiet as a mouse.
“This is heaven.” declared a small boy. “We’re spending Christmas at God’s house.”
When what to their wondering eyes did appear,
But Jesus, their savior, the children gathered near.
He looked at them and smiled, and they smiled just the same,
Then He opened His arms and He called them by name.
And in that moment was joy that only heaven can bring
Those children all flew into the arms of their King.
And as they lingered in the warmth of His embrace,
One small girl turned and looked at Jesus’ face.
And as if He could read all the questions she had
He gently whispered to her, “I’ll take care of mom and dad.”
Then He looked down on earth, the world far below,
He saw all of the hurt, the sorrow, and woe.
Then He closed His eyes and He outstretched His hand,
“Let My power and presence re-enter this land!”
“May this country be delivered from the hands of fools,”
“I’m taking back my nation. I’m taking back my schools!”
Then He and the children stood up without a sound,
“Come now my children, let me show you around.”
Excitement filled the space, some skipped and some ran,
All displaying enthusiasm that only a small child can.
And I heard Him proclaim as He walked out of sight,
“In the midst of this darkness, I AM STILL THE LIGHT.”
Written by Cameo Smith, Mt. Wolf, PA
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! Dec 21, 22 and 23, 2012
5) Kids Cookie Break Talent Show tomorrow (Sat. Dec. 22nd) from 9AM-Noon. Tune in and hear KCB listeners share such talents as singing, playing instruments and extreme Hulahooping. A festive Christmas tradition on WJTL.
4) Upper Leacock Fire Company and the Keystone Majorette Corps have teamed up to host Leola Community Christmas, an indoor Christmas display walk- through with 40+ displays of Christmas trees, manger scenes, train sets, etc. The inspiration behind the indoor display is from the “Moon Room” at Rebman’s Holiday Store that closed in 2005 after 56 years of business. tonight and tomorrow 6p-10p and Sunday 6p-9p (Dec 21, 22 and 23) More info:leolacommunitychristmas.weebly.com
3) The Music for Everyone Chorus is holding its second annual Carols with the County event at the Marriott at Penn Square at tonight (Friday Dec 21) at 7PM. Following a performance of international music, the chorus will lead a community Christmas Carol Sing-along for all ages. More info: (717) 239-1600
2) 10th Annual 2012 Red Lion Train Station Model Railroad Holiday Open House, tomorrow (Sat, Dec 22, 2012) from 1 to 5pm at Red Lion Train Station, 73 N. Main St., Red Lion. Admission is FREE, but donations are greatly appreciated. More info: redlionpa.org
1) A live drive-thru nativity featuring children, adults, and animals at St. Paul’s Church of Quarryville tonight (Fri. Dec. 21st) from 7-10PM. Admission is free, a donation of a non-perishable item or personal care item will gladly be accepted to support the Solanco Food Bank. More info: 717-786-3708
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! December 14, 15 & 16, 2012
5) A Night In Bethlehem, tomorrow (Sat. Dec. 15th) from 9:30am to 11:30am at Kochenderfer UMC in Lebanon. The family Holy Land Experience is for all ages. Participants will experience what is was like to live and work in Bethlehem when Jesus was born. The event will end with the story of Jesus’ birth. Participants will take part in hands on crafts, snacks and interact with people who might have lived and worked in the town of Bethlehem. More info: 717.273.0525
4) Journey With Jesus tomorrow (Sat. Dec. 15th) from 6-8PM at Ed’s Landscaping in Elizabethtown, 2 miles west of the square on route 230 . Journey with Jesus is a walk-through presentation that recounts some of the key scenes in the life of Jesus and features live animals, including donkeys, goats, & even a camel! Donations benefit the ministry of WJTL.
3) Trinity United Methodist Church in New Freedom, PA will host their Annual Live Nativity tomorrow (Saturday Dec. 15th) at 7pm. The Christmas Story comes to life with live animals, actors and Christmas carols. The church is located one block from the heritage rail trail at 101 North Second Street, New Freedom. More information: 717-235-2544
2) A Christmas Party filled with kids games, a craft, The Christmas Story, and Carols will take place at the Lighthouse Baptist Church in Harrisburg, tomorrow (Saturday., December 16) from 11am to 1pm. More info: lighthousehbg.com
1) Hershey Church of the Nazarene is hosting its first annual TUBA CHRISTMAS celebration, ushering in the holiday season with a free community concert of regional tuba and euphonium players tonight (Friday, December 14) at 7pm. Musicians interested in participating in TUBACHRISTMAS are encouraged to bring their instrument and folding stand. Registration is at 5:30pm with a short Rehearsal at 6pm, More info: tubachristmas.com
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! December 8, 9 & 10, 2012
5) The Journey to Bethlehem will be held at Woodcrest Retreat, Ephrata PA tonight and tomorrow (Fri, and Sat. December 7 & 8) 5-8:30 PM. The Christmas story comes alive with dramatic actors, a live nativity and real animals in six unique scenes. Guests will travel with Biblical characters and receive items to assist them on the outdoor journey. For more information. 717-738-2233
4) Middlesex United Methodist Church in Carlisle will be hosting it’s third annual Hayride to Bethlehem tonight 6-9pm and tomorrow 4-8pm (Friday & Saturday December 7 & 8) Experience a forty minute hayride through several live nativity scenes. The hayride is totally free to everyone and will also feature live music. More info: 717-249-2449
3) Winterstown United Methodist Church, Winterstown Road in Felton will be having a live drive thru nativity tonight and tomorrow (December 7th & 8th) from 6:30-9pm. For more info:(717) 244-1984.
2) Mount Calvary Lutheran Church in Lititz (Across from Neffsville Park) presents The Live Nativity tonight, tomorrow and Sunday (December 7, 8,& 9) beginning at 7pm each evening. Step back in time and experience the very First Christmas! Live Narration with Animals – 8 Scenes from the Book of Luke & Matthew – Great for Kids! Free Admission and Refreshments. More info: 717-560-6751
1) Journey With Jesus tomorrow (Sat. Dec. 8th) from 6-8PM at Ed’s Landscaping in Elizabethtown, 2 miles west of the square on route 230 . Journey with Jesus is a walk-through presentation that recounts some of the key scenes in the life of Jesus and features live animals, including donkeys, goats, & even a camel! Donations benefit the ministry of WJTL. Radio Friend Phil will be broadcasting live.
FRED MCNAUGHTON -THANK YOU to everyone who participated in the Extraordinary Give – The Day of Giving on November 30th. 240 WJTL Listeners donated $24,820. WJTL also received a $1000 grant for being one of the first ten organizations to receive 50 individual donations. Additionally, Lancaster County Community Foundation will match a percentage of your gifts and we will find out that amount in the near future. Thank you again for your enthusiastic support!
Visit the Extraordinary Give Leaderboard and see what other organizations benefitted from this extraordinary day of giving.
(This was the original blog, giving the info on the Extraordinary Give)
I invite you to take advantage of this opportunity to invest in WJTL today and stretch your donation thanks to the Lancaster County Community Foundation. Any donation you make to WJTL today online at extragive.org will be stretched. WJTL has joined with almost 200 other local non-profit organizations in saying, “When we give extra, extraordinary things happen!”.
Extraordinary Give is Lancaster County’s first 24 hour online giving marathon. Every dollar donated will be stretched by a $250,000 contribution from the Lancaster County Community Foundation.
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! November 30, December 1 & 2, 2012
5) E-town Drums December 2012 Drum Recital tomorrow (Saturday, Dec 1) at Hope Community Church in Mount Joy. Enjoy performances by the 14 of the area’s top pre-teen and teen drummers ! More info: 717-653-7168
4) Free Christmas Supper and Concert at Colonial Park Community Baptist Church in Harrisburg Sunday (Dec. 2nd) from 5-8PM. Supper followed by a concert, “Christmas Story Guitar Cantata” by Keith Grim of Dallastown, PA. More Info: 717-545-3261
3) Boehm’s Chapel Society, Willow Street will host the annual celebration of Lessons and Carols Sunday (December 02, 2012) beginning at 3pm. The traditional service of scriptural readings and beautiful music offers a reverent time to prepare for the upcoming Holy Season. The congregation will join in singing familiar carols. The service is free and open to the public. A love offering will be taken.More info: boehmschapel.org
2) Christmas Puppet Show Sunday (Dec. 2nd) at Memorial Baptist Church in Gettysburg presented by the MBC Youth Puppet Team. Admission is FREE. More Info: 717-334-2898
1) Palmyra Library Winterfest tomorrow (Sat. Dec. 1st) 9am -Noon. Lisa Landis and Kids Cookie Break broadcasting live. More info: http://lclibs.org/palmyra
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! November 16, 17 and 18, 2012
5) 3rd Friday Coffeehouse and Open Mic Night, tonight (Friday November 16) from 7-9 PM at the Community Room on Prince (19 North Prince Street, 3rd Floor) The featured performer is the Juan Catorce Band. The Juan Catorce Band is a three piece band from Columbia made up of Brad Rhine, his wife Jen, and their friend Shawn Vago. More info: 717-572-5914
4) A Night of Worship with Nashville Worship Leader Shelly Johnson tonight (Friday, Nov. 16) at 6 p.m., with opening artists Cassondra Diaz and Cristabelle Braden. The free concert will take place in the narthex of Miller Chapel on the Campus of Lebanon Valley College. More info: LVC.EDU
3) Tumble Down the Rabbit Hole as the Senior High of the Learning Station Homeschool Cooperative performs “Alice in Wonderland”. Tonight (Nov 16) 7pm at Lancaster Evangelical Free Church. Admission is Free, no ticket necessary. Donations are accepted.
2) Third Friday in Strasburg tonight (Fri. Nov. 16th) from 7-9 at Center Square An evening of food, shops and live music in Strasburg Square. More info: strasburg.com
1) Songs with Kelly Good today (Friday, Nov 16) 1pm at the Lancaster Public Library’s Bates Auditorium. For ages 0-5 (plus parents). More info – Children & Teen Services, 394-2651.