FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! November 8, 9, & 10, 2013.
5) Second Friday E-town Tonight (Friday, Nov 8) 5-9pm. Local Artist, Music & Kids Activities in Downtown Elizabethtown. Visit facebook.com/Etown2ndFridays
4) Second Friday Lititz Tonight (Friday, Nov 8) 5-9pm. It’s a Fall Festival Friday in Lititz, featuring food, art, and celebration in downtown Lititz. More Info: lititzpa.com
3) Ichthus Coffeehouse tomorrow (Saturday, Nov 9) at Immanuel Evangelical Free Church of York. from 7-11pm. Music, Board games, and more. Open mic for music or spoken word . More Info: 717-755-2413
2) The 14th Annual Pumpkin Olympics tomorrow (Saturday, Nov. 9) 11am-4pm at Glen Run Valley View Farm in Atglen. Pumpkin chunkin’ team “The Smokin Lamas,” as seen on the Discovery Channel will be on hand. There will be a large variety of Pumpkin games, Pumpkin Decorating & Carving Contest, Pumpkin Pie Eating contest, Pumpkin Races, Special Events, Food, AND the Pumpkin Avalanche. All proceeds benefit the Parkesburg Point youth center. More Info: 610-593-5656
1) A Salute to Veterans tomorrow (Sat Nov 9) from 9-11am at Marticville Middle School in Pequea. Former WGAL Newsman Dick Hoxworth will emcee. The featured Speaker is Larry Alexander – a journalist and military historian who has written a number of books about World War II. All donations go to Keystone Wounded Warriors. More Info:717-291-9854
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND November 1, 2 & 3, 2013
5) Kids Cookie Break will be broadcasting live from Eastland Alpacas of Mt. Joy annual fall open house tomorrow (Sat. Nov. 2nd) from 9AM-Noon. See, Feed & Lead the Alpacas, Take a Wagon Ride and more. Food Stand benefits Hempfield Church of the Brethren Youth Group mission trip. More Info:eastlandalpacas.com
4) Faith Outreach Center, Marietta is having a family fun night tomorrow (Saturday November 2nd) from 4pm-7pm. Hayrides, a bounce house, live music, lots of games, prizes, food and fun. More Info: 717-426-2555
3) Real Life Church Of God in East Petersburg is having a FAll HARVEST PARTY tonight (Nov. 1st) from 6-8PM. Hotdogs, Smores, Hot chocolate, Cookies and Hayride. More Info: 717-560-4030
2) Stehman Memorial United Methodist Church in Millersville, annual Harvest Party tonight (Friday, Nov. 1) at 6:30 p.m.
Food, Candy, Hayrides and children’s games. More Info: 717-872-8668
1) The Sweet Sorrows in concert tonight (Friday, November 1st) at Gallery On Market, West King Street in Lancaster. Singer/songwriter – Matt Wheeler will open the concert. More Info: (717) 892-8239.
The Sweet Sorrows will be in concert again this Sunday (Nov 3rd) at Emmaus Road Cafe, Lincoln Highway East, Lancaster at 7PM. More Info (717) 397-9360
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! October 25-27, 2013
5) Bob Lenz Community Night -A fun evening for the whole family – Heart. Humor. Hope. tonight (Friday, Oct. 25th) 6-8:30pm at Conrad Weiser High School in Robesonia. illusionist Josh Jordon and Jesse Baker Band will also perform. More Info: 610-763-8043
4) An evening with Holly Starr and special guest Zac Cambria tomorrow (Saturday Oct. 26th) 7-9pm at The Santander Performing Arts Center – formerly The Sovereign Performing Arts Center in Reading. More info: www.hollystarrmusic.com
3) Cheri Keaggy will be performing a FREE concert tonight (Friday, October 25th) 8pm at St. Paul’s United Methodist Church in Elizabethtown. More Info:717-367-1889
2) 3 of the members of Rainchildren (Marty, Steve, and Aaron) will be joined by Mike Bitts (from the Innocence Mission) for a concert tonight (Friday October 25) 7-9pm at the Community Room on King in Lancaster. More Info: 717-572-5914
1) Petra Fall Fest tonight (Friday, October 25) 5-9pm at Petra Christian Fellowship in New Holland. Carnival games, crafts, hay rides, bonfires, food, and lots of fun. More Info: Petrafel.org
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! Oct 18, 19 & 20, 2013
5) Fall Festival tomorrow (Saturday, October 19) 2-6pm at Living Water Community Church in Harrisburg. Free food, games, crafts, inflatables, face painting, and live music. Followed by an outdoor worship service at 6pm. More Info: www.livingwatercc.com
4) Bethany Christian Services – Finding Home: A Night of Compassion Concert tomorrow (Saturday, October 19) 7-9pm at Middletown Area Middle School, Oberlin Road, Middletown. Doors open at 6:30pm. A free will offering will be taken for Bethany Christian Services
3) The Children’s Cancer Recovery Foundation’s First Children’s Festival tomorrow (Saturday, October 19th) from 11am-2pm at Ashcombe Farm & Greenhouses in Mechanicsburg. Children’s book launch, horse show, pumpkin painting, pony rides, mascots, carnival games, and the Turkey Hill Prize Wheel! The event is free for families to attend. The Children’s Cancer Recovery Foundation nationally assists more than 13,000 children, and their families, who are facing the hardships of a cancer diagnosis. More Info: (717) 545-7600
2) Stuart Young in concert, tonight (Friday October 18) from 7-9pm at the Community Room on King for their 1st Coffeehouse and Open Mic Night in their new space. The night will feature 2 sets by Stuart, and an open mic portion. More Info: 717-572-5914
1) WJTLs Family Movie Night tonight (Fri. Oct. 18th) Gates Open at 6pm Movie begins at 7PM at The Junction Center Tent in Manheim. Pedal Cars before the movie. Free Event, but you must have tickets! – More Info: click on the Junction Center tab at WJTL.com
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND of October 11, 12 & 13, 2013
5) A Great Night Out with Mark Cable tomorrow (October 12) 7-9pm at the Church of God of Landisville; A free-will offering will be taken. Doors open at 6pm;
4) First United Methodist Church of Millersburg’s 2nd Annual Apple Festival tomorrow (Saturday, October 12) 11am-3pm. Children’s games and activities, Music, Pie Contest, Apple Dumplings and more. More Info:(717) 692-2719.
3)Boehm’s Chapel’s 28th annual Apple Festival tomorrow (Saturday October 12) 9am-3pm, rain or shine, on the campus of Boehm’s United Methodist Church, Willow Street, PA. Celebrate Apple Harvest time with Apple dumplings, apple pies, apple red beet eggs, apple bread, and apple butter More Info: 717-872-4133,
2) 2) Hinkletown Mennonite School Actuion, tonight and tomorrow (Oct 11 and 12) at the school in Ephrata. The theme is The Great Outdoors with many different outdoor recreation and gardening items along with traditional quilts, collectibles and much more. Tonight from 4 -8:30 pm, tomorrow 9 am auction start, Children’s activities from 10 am-2 pm. For more info: 717-354-7100
1) The Great Giveaway at Calvary Monument Bible Church, Kinzer Road near Gap,Tonight and Tomorrow (Friday, October 11) 9am-6pm & Saturday (October 12) 8am-noon. Hundreds of items offered FREE to the community, including books, magazines, household items, toys, shoes, and clothing. All items are FREE! They are donated for personal use and are not for resale. More Info: 717-442-8161
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! October 4, 5 & 6, 2013
5) Free Community Fall Festival at New Creation Community Church in Dover tomorrow (Saturday, October 5th) from 1 to 4pm. Games with prizes, a Bounce House, a fire truck display, food and drinks, face-painting, make-your-own crafts and more!! More Info: 717-764-0252
4) Water’s Edge Community Church in Cleona Fall Family Fun Day tomorrow (Sat. Oct. 5th) from 11AM-3PM! Face painting, bounce rides, Live Music and kids games! More Info: 717-867-5418
3) Columbia Community Fun Fest Sunday (Oct. 6th) from 2-5PM at LOCUST STREET PARK in DOWNTOWN COLUMBIA. Activities, Games, Music, cupcake baking contest, cake walk, drum circle and more. More Info: 717.951.0171
2) The Fifth Annual Harvest Day at Donegal Presbyterian Church in Mount Joy tomorrow (Saturday October 5th) from 10AM-2PM on the historic church grounds. A bagpipe band, Rescue dogs, J& J Reptiles, Free games & tours of the historic church building and grounds. More Info: 717-653-1943
1) 4th Annual Charity Motorcycle Ride & Community Day tomorrw (Saturday, October 5th) from 1-9:30PM at Gravel Hill UMC in Palmyra. Food, games, door prizes, cake walk, bingo, business vendor booths, inflatables, Zoo America presentation, and pig roast! The evening ends with a free concert by Fireflight with special guests 7eventh Time Down and Kerrie Roberts. More Info: www.gravelhillumc.org
September 27-29, 2013
5) Mt. Hope U.M. Church of Quarryville will hold an Ice Cream Social, tomorrow (Saturday, September 28) at 5 p.m. Don McVey’s Hit or Miss Engine will be powering the ice cream maker. The event is free and will include games and fellowship. More Info: 717 786-4294
4) Family Harvest Festival at Faith Bible Fellowship Church Lancaster, tomorrow (Sat, Sept. 28th) from 3:30-8PM. Carnival games, pony carriage rides, a barrel train, alpacas, moon bounces, clowns, face painting, puppet shows, and a hay ride. There will also be a cake walk, food contests, pie eating contest, and lots of “guess the jar” games. A Free meal will be served from 3:30-6:30. The evening winds up with Forgotten Friends – Jesse Rothacker at 7pm. More Info: 717-285-1900
3) Mitch McVicker in concert at Hinkletown Mennonite Church tonight (Fri. Sept. 27th) at 7PM and tomorrow (Saturday, Sept 28) at United Zion Camp Grove, Manheim at 7pm. Admission is free, a Love Offering will be taken. More info: mitchmcvicker.com
2) Greg Laurie Live-Feed Telecast at Lancaster Grace Church, Rohrerstown Rd. tomorrow and Sunday (September 28-29) from 7 to 9pm. The telecast will originate from the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia. Kirk Franklin, Need to Breathe, Lecrae, the Katinas, Mercy Me, and Jeremy Camp will also be a part. More Info: 717-397-9991
1) Lancaster Bible College Home Coming Weekend, tonight, Tomorrow and Sunday (Sept 27-29), Parents Day, pep rally, fireworks, alumni soccer game, women’s volleyball, women’s & men’s soccer and a classic car show. The Kids Cookie Break will be broadcasting live tomorrow from 9AM-Noon. More info: lbc.edu
September 20, 21 & 22, 2013
5) East Petersburg Days – Friday & Saturday (Sept. 20 & 21) Kids Fun Run, Parade, Chili Cook-off, Music, Comedy, Dance Fireworks & More. More info: www.eastperersburgday.com
4) Brad & Rebekah “WHEN WE GATHER” CD Release Party and Evening of Worship Sunday (September 22) 7pm at Glad Tidings Church, Snyder Road in West Lawn. More info: bradandrebekahmusic.com
3) Kairos Ministries Benefit Concert at the Buckwalter Residence, located on 2674 Buckwalter Rd in Manheim, Sunday (September 22) 3-8pm featuring Kim Goss, Jim Rule, Jordan Buckwalter, Lisa Lewis, Abi Dougherty & Daniel College. Bring blankets/chairs. The event is FREE but please pre-register at kairosguatemalaconcert.eventbrite.com
2) Ephrata Community Church is hosting Family Fest. Sunday (September 22) from 2-6pm. There will be food, games, inflatables, crafts, a car show, archery, barrel train rides, a hot air balloon demonstration, door prizes, a watermelon eating contest, fire trucks, a candy drop, and more! It’s all free. More Info: ephratacommunitychurch.com
1) WJTL’s Family Movie Night! Tonight (Friday, September 20) Gates Open at 6pm, Movie Begins at 7pm. Pedal Cars before the Movie, Uncle Jerry’s Kettle Corn and Turkey Hill Ice Cream available for purchase. Free Event, but you must have tickets! Click on the Junction Center tab at WJTL.com
For the weekend of September 13, 14 & 15, 2013
5) Three families of professional musicians and recording artists will be sharing their talents at Capital Area Christian Church in Mechanicsburg tomorrow (Saturday Sept. 14th) beginning at 7PM. Admission is free, Love Offering being collected in support of Isaiah 61 Ministries – serving the homeless and less fortunate. More Info: 717-557-5166
4) Garden Spot Village show 3 short classic films from the late 1920s featuring the comedy team of Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy tomorrow (Saturday Sept. 14th) beginning at 7PM. “Wrong Again,” “Habeas Corpus” and “Duck Soup” accompanied by renowned theater organist Wayne Zimmerman. It’s Free and Donations will be accepted. More Info: 717-355-6000
3) Salem Hellers Church Lancaster and Set Apart Ministries invite you to a Fun Fair tomorrow (Saturday, September 14th) from 3 to 7 pm. The Fun Fair will be held in the field across from Salem Hellers Church, on the corner of Hellers Church and Horseshoe Roads. Games, prizes, food, A bounce house, a dunk tank and more. More Info: 717-656-9249.
2) The Conestoga Herb Guild’s Annual Herb Festival tomorrow (Sat. Sept. 14th) from 9AM-2PM. The Herb Fest is held at the Boettcher House in Landis Woods Park behind the Neffsville Mennonite Church. Wreath-making demonstrations and a Children’s Corner plus many items for purchase. More info: 717-330-6472.
1)Landis Homes Fellowship Days, tomorrow (Saturday, September 14) 8am-2pm. Auction, Garage Sale, Chicken Barbecue, Kids Activities and The Kids Cookie Break broadcasting Live in the morning. More Info (717) 569-3271
Read Lisa’s Firsthand account of how God used Social Media to inspire prayer among His people from Ken Mueller’s inkling media blog.