It is time once again for the TOP 500 COUNTDOWN!!!
WJTL is celebrating 30 years of ministry this year. One of our most popular on-air events during our history has been TheTop 500 Countdown as voted by our listeners.
What are your 5 favorite Christian Songs of ALL TIME? Check the WJTL Playlist, google, research and then click here to log your vote. Put them in order from 1 to 5 because your top song gets more points than your fifth.
Voting begins TODAY (Monday, October 20th) and will end at midnight on Sunday, November 9, 2014. Each Friday in between (October 24, 31 and November 7) we will draw winners from those who have voted. By voting you will also be eligible for prizes given away during the On Air countdown of the Top 500.
Then, be sure to tune in the afternoon of Tuesday, November 18th thru Thursday night November 20 as we countdown the Top 500 from 500 to 1 as voted by the WJTL Family of Listeners.
Check out the top songs from past Top 500 Countdowns – click here.
Thank You and Happy Voting,
The Staff of WJTL
P.S. EVERYONE in your family should vote. Invite your friends. Spread the word!
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! October 17, 18 & 19, 2014
5.14th Annual Cruisin the Square Classic Car and Motorcycle Show in downtown Manheim tomorrow (Saturday, Oct 18) from 10am to 2pm. Hundreds of vehicles, live music and food. More info: manheim-downtow.org
4. FREE Fall Festival At Denver Memorial Park tomorrow (Saturday, October 18 ) 3-7pm, hosted by Harvest Fellowship. FREE food, games, pony rides, prizes, face painting, ice cream, fellowship, and MORE. More Info: www.harvestpa.com
3. Community Fall Party tomorrow (Saturday Oct. 18th) from 4-6pm at Terrre Hill Bible Fellowship Church, Main Street in Terre Hill. Indoor maze, DKers juggling show, games, camp-fire, snacks and more . More Info: www.terrehillbfc.org
2. Music For Everyone’s Lancaster Community Chorus Concert – Sunday (Oct 19) 3pm at Grace Lutheran Church in Lancaster. Music For Everyone’s Community Chorus is a non audition, all age, multicultural body of singers that give people an opportunity to sing for the sheer joy of singing. More Info:717 397-2748
1. Family Movie Night tonight (Fri. Oct. 17th) at 7PM at The Junction Center Tent in Manheim. Pedal Cars available to ride beginning at 6pm. More Info: http://www.thejunctioncenter.com/
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! October 10, 11 & 12, 2014
5. The AACA Eastern Divisional Antique Car Show, tomorrow, (Saturday, October 11) from dawn to dusk on the grounds of the Giant Center and the parking lots surrounding Hersheypark. One of the largest collection of Antique Cars in the world – Over 1200 cars and 3000 vendors. Free to attenders. More info: hersheyaaca.org
4. Haldeman Mansion Apple Fall Festival, Sunday (October 12) noon – 4pm on the grounds of the Haldeman Mansion, Locust Grove Rd in Bainbridge. Mansion Tours, Apple Cider Press, contests, live music and a visit by Johnny Appleseed, plus Apple-themed food & refreshments. The event is free, though there is a fee for parking.
3. The Last day of the Manheim Farm Show, today (Friday, October 10) from 10am to 8pm at the Manheim Farm Show Grounds on Adele Avenue. Food, Entertainment, Livestock and Farming exhibits, rides and more. More Info: http://www.manheimfarmshow.org
2. Freedom Fest 5k Run, Walk and Family Fun Run, tomorrow (Saturday, October 11th) at the Christiana Fire Hall, Hosted by Freedom Life Church, the purpose of the event is to bring neighbors, businesses and organizations together to raise awareness and support against human trafficking. There will also be kids’ games, fun activities, giveaways and food. Lisa Landis and The Kids Cookie Break will broadcast live from 9am to noon. More Info:http://www.freedomlife.tv/community-care
1. Hinkletown Mennonite School Benefit Auction tonight 4-9pm and tomorrow 9am-3pm (Friday, Oct 10 & Saturday, Oct 11) on the grounds of the school between New Holland and Ephrata. Auction Items, Children’s activities, food, and more. More Info: www.hmsk8.org/Auction.
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! October 3, 4 & 5, 2014
5. New Holland Farmers Fair today and tomorrow (Friday & Saturday, Oct 3 & 4) 11am – 10pm in New Holland. Local Exhibits, Agriculture, Food, Rides, Pet Parade, Tug of War Competition and more. More Info: newhollandfair.org
4. There will be a CLASSIC CAR SHOW AND MOVIE tomorrow (Saturday, October 4) beginning at 3pm at Andrew’s Bridge Christian Fellowship Church in Christiana. The car show starts at 3pm and the movie starts at dark. Bring chairs and blankets. More Info:(717) 529-2729
3. Harvest Days tomorrow (Saturday October 4) on the grounds of North Annville Elementary School Rt. 934 in Annville from 3-7pm. Old fashioned activities and fun! More Info: www.gracelifepa.org.
2.FREE KID’S CONCERT by Jim Rule, celebrating family, friends, faith and fun. YCentral Manor Church, 387 Penn Street, Washington Boro, Sunday, (October 5) at 6:30pm. Ice Cream after the concert. More Info: 717-872-2772
1. Lancaster Art Walk tomorrow 10am-5pm (Sat Oct 4) and Sunday (Oct 5) noon to 4pm in downtown Lancaster. Take a self-guided tour of Lancaster’s Downtown Galleries. Live Music, and some hands on demonstrations as well – including your chance to paint the ivorees with Music For Everyone’s “Paint the Ivories” pianos. More Info: lancasterartwalk.org
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! September 26, 27 & 28, 2014
5. Randy Stonehill in concert tonight (Friday, Sept 26) 7pm at Elizabethtown Mennonite Church on Spruce Street in E-town. Concert is at 7:00 with doors open at 6:00. A free will offering will be taken. More Info: http://www.elizabethtownmennonitechurch.com/
4. LBC Homecoming festivities! Tonight 7-10pm and Tomorrow 8am-5pm (Friday, Sept 26 & Saturday, Sept 27) Sandstories, Fireworks,5k, Pumpkin Painting, Kids area and Kids Cookie Break Broadcasting Live Saturday morning 9am-noon. More Info: http://www.lbc.edu
3. 3rd Annual Community Day – Septemberfest at Spring Creek Church of the Brethren, Areba Ave in Hershey – Sunday, (September 28) from 3pm to 7:30pm. Kids games, prizes, pony rides, and a visit by the local Hershey Volunteer Fire Company and Derry Township K-9 Unit, Barrel Trains and Antique cars and tractors. More Info: www.springcreekcob.org.
2. Wesley UMC Famliy Fun Fest tomorrow (Sept. 27) from Noon-5pm. Music By Wesley Praise Band, Bluegrass Jam Session, Dunk Tank, Magic Show, Children’s Games and more. More Info: http://www.wesleychurch.us/
1. Gravel Hill UMC’s 5th Annual Charity Motorcycle Ride & Community Day tomorrow (Saturday, September 27) beginning at 1pm. Charity Motorcycle Ride, Community Day, free food, balloons, Zoo America presentation, games, bingo, cake walk, door prizes, inflatables, and music. Gravel Hill UMC is located at 131 Gravel Hill Road, Palmyra, PA. More Info: gravelhillumc.org
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! September 19, 20 & 21, 2014
5. WJTL Family Movie Night, tonight (Fri. Sept. 19th) at 7pm at The Junction Center Tent in Manheim. Pedal Cars starting at 6pm. Details and Free tickets at thejunctioncenter.com
4. Kids Cookie Break broadcasting live from Achenbach’s Pastries 60th Anniversary Celebration tomorrow (Saturday, September 20th) from 9am til noon. KCB free goodies and door prizes. Free cookies, ice cream and more. More Info: http://www.achenbachs.com
3.Greystone Manor Therapeutic Riding Center 2014 Annual Horse Show tomorrow (Saturday, September 20th) from 9AM-3:30PM at their riding center in Leola. The theme this year is “Dancing with Horses” featuring many different riders and their horses. There will also be a special presentation at noon by a rider and her blind dressing horse, named Tuxedo. More Info: http://www.greystonemanortrc.org/
2. The 13th Annual Neffsville Car Show featuring 500 Cars, food and live music. Tomorrow (Saturday, September 20th) 9am-4pm at the Manheim Township Community Park, Rotary Road in Lititz. More Info: neffsville-carshow.com
1. The 65th Solanco Fair, today (Friday, September 19) 10am-10pm. Milking Contest, Tractor Pull, Iron Man Contest and More at Memorial Park in Quarryville. More Info: http://solancofair.com/
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! September 12, 13 & 14, 2014
5.The 23rd annual Teddy Bear Day in the Park – tomorrow (Sat Sept 13) 10am-2pm at Lititz Springs Park – Games, Prizes, Crafts, Face Painting, food and more. Benefits the Conner M. Holland Foundation – assisting families coping with pediatric cancer. More info: 717 449-3934
4. East Petersburg Day – tonight (Fri Sep 12) 6pm and tomorrow (Saturday, Sept 13) beginning at 8am at East Petersburg Community Park. Carnival Rides, Live Music, Fireworks, Games, 5k Run, Parade and more. More Info: eastpetersburgday.com
3. The Denver Fair – tonight (Fri Sep 12) until 10pm and tomorrow (Saturday, Sept 13) from 11am-8:30p at Denver Memorial Park, Main St. in Denver. Rides, Exhibitors, Talent Show, Pet Show, Contests and more. More info: thedenverfair.com
2. Dan & Lauren Smith CD Release Concert tonight ( Fri. Sept. 12th) at 6:30pm at St. James Parish – 7th & Penn Ave. in West Reading. Dan & Lauren Smith will be playing the songs from the new album “All My Hope”. CDs and Tshirts will also be available for purchase and there will be an ice cream sundae bar afterwards. More Info: http://www.thesmithfactory.com/music/
1. Landis Home Fellowship Days tomorrow (Saturday Sep 13) 9am – 2pm at Landis Homes, Oregon Road, Lititz. Yard sale, flea market, auction, children’s activities and food. Lisa and Kids Cookie Break broadcasting live from 9am to noon featuring Grandma Landis. More Info: at landishomes.org
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! September 5, 6 & 7, 2014
5) Wheels & Wags Auto, Truck & Motorcycle Show tomorrow (Sat. Sept. 6th) from 3-7pm at Lawn Fire Hall and Carnival Grounds in Lawn. All vehicles welcome. Silent Auction, Bounce House, Food, Music and more. More Info: 717-314-4586
4) Annual Whoopie Pie Festival, tomorrow (Saturday, Sept. 6) 11am-4pm on the grounds of Hershey Farm Restaurant and Inn, Route 896, Strasburg. Eating Contest, Whoopie Pie Launch, a Giant Whoopie Pie, Music and more interactive Whoopie Pie fun. More Info: http://whoopiepiefestival.com/
3) Outbreak Festival, tomorrow (Sat Sept 6) from 10am-6pm at the East Petersburg Park. Live music including local Christian jazz artist Kirk Reese, drama, and performances from character juggler Chris Ivey and old-time strongman Chris Rider. Organized games for the kids too. More Info: http://eastpetersburgborough.org/event/outbreak-festival/
2) First Friday Lancaster, tonight (Friday, Sept 5) 5-9pm
Celebrate Art, Music and the Community of Lancaster. Galleries, museums, artist studios, Music and more. More Info: http://www.lancastercityevents.com
1) Ephrata Arts & Crafts & Restaurant Fair, tomorrow (Saturday, September 6) 9am-3pm, Main & State Streets in Ephrata. This annual event features over 200 artisans, local restaurants and homegrown music. Sponsored by the Ephrata Merchants Association. More Info: http://ephratamerchants.com
The 3rd Annual Kids Cookie Break Fest is tomorrow (Saturday, Aug 30). It is amazing to be celebrating 15 Years of The Kids Cookie Break Program on WJTL.
Gates will open at 9am for those of you with Morning Program Tickets (please don’t come any earlier than that, we won’t be ready for you and you will have to wait). Gates will open at 2:30pm for those of you with Afternoon Program Tickets.
The Junction Center is located at 1875 Junction Rd, Manheim, on the backside of Roots Market and down the road from the Manheim Auto Auction.
Morning Program – 10am-2pm
9:00am – Gates Open
9:55am – Special Presentation and Unveiling
10:05am – Lisa Welcome
10:06am – Phredd
10:45am – This Way Up
11:20am – KCB Games with Lisa Landis
11:30am – Jesse Rothacker and Forgotten Friend Reptiles
12:05pm – Steven Courtney & the Suitcase Musicians
12:50pm – KCB Games with Lisa Landis
1:00pm – Slugs & Bugs
1:45pm – Candy Drop
2:00pm – Please exit to make room for afternoon attenders
Afternoon Program – 3pm-7pm
2:30pm – Gates Open
2:55pm – Special Presentation and Unveiling
3:05pm – Lisa Welcome
3:06pm – Phredd
3:45pm – This Way Up
4:20pm – KCB Games with Lisa Landis
4:30pm – Jesse Rothacker and Forgotten Friend Reptiles
5:05pm – Steven Courtney & the Suitcase Musicians
5:50pm – KCB Games with Lisa Landis
6:00pm – Slugs & Bugs
6:45pm – Candy Drop
**bad weather could cancel the event. Listen to WJTL for updates.
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! August 29, 30 & 31, 2014
5) Chalk the Lot Sponsored by Fulton Street Arts Cooperative, Sunday (Aug 31) 11am to 4pm at 321 Fulton Street in Lancaster. Families are invited to help fill the parking lot and sidewalk surrounding the co-op with chalk art! Chalk will be provided, but feel free to bring some along. More info: fultonstreetarts.com
4) Back to School Community Day tomorrow (Sat. AUGUST 30) from 6-8pm at Shiremanstown First Church of God in Shiremanstown. Free Food, Games, Bounce House, Music and More. More Info: 717-737-7600
3) Old-fashioned Hymn Sing at The Heritage Baptist Church of Manheim Sunday (August 31, 2014), beginning at 6pm. The sing features a hymn history and the practical application of hymn singing for church and home. A fellowship will follow the sing. More Info:(717) 560-3761
2) 27th Annual Heart of Lancaster Arts & Craft Show at Roots Country Market in Manheim. Free event, tomorrow (Saturday Aug 30) and Sunday (Aug 31) 10am to 4pm both days, rain or shine. Select Artists and Craftsmen from Pennsylvania and nearby states, music by Susquehanna Pipes and Drums and the Jazz Group Over Easy. More Info: http://www.hlcshow.com/
1) And we just couldn’t leave this big event off our list – Kids Cookie Break Festival 14, tomorrow (Sat, Aug 30) – 2 Programs 10am-2pm and 3pm-7pm – featuring Slugs & Bugs, Steven Courtney, Barrel Rides, Candy Drop, Big Bright Bounce Houses, Petting Zoo and More. For those with tickets to this “sold out” event, we will see you tomorrow. Tune in to WJTL througout the day as we will occasionally cut away for stage performances and interviews.