FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! August 22, 23 & 24, 2014
5) Annual Fall Antique Show sponsored by Lititz Spring Park tomorrow (Saturday, Aug 23) 9am-4pm at Littiz Springs Park. More Info: www.lititzspringspark.org
4) 10th Annual Richland Community Outreach Day tomorrow (Saturday, Aug. 23) from 4-6:30pm at Moehlman Park in Richland. Food, games, face painting, pony rides, door prizes, cake walk, barrel train rides, & more. Hosted by Richland’s churches. More Info: 717-866-5946
3) Ball Field Bash tomorrow, (Saturday, Aug 23) 4-7pm Behind Witmer heights Mennonite church at the ball field, Old Philadelphia Pike, Lancaster,. Festive Free Food, Carnival games and an aerial candy drop. More Info:(717) 392-6698
2) Steven Courtney & The Suitcase Musicians, live in concert, Sunday (August 24) 1:30pm at Zion of Iona UMC Church in Lebanon. Indoor & air conditioned with popcorn and refreshments provided. More Info: http://zioniona.com/
1) Stehman Memorial “Community Day” tomorrow (Saturday, August 23rd) beginning at 2pm at Stehman Memorial, Indian Run Road, just outside Millersville. All ages softball game, kids carnival games & Blue Grass Concert . More Info: www.stehmanchurch.com.
The 3rd Annual Kids Cookie Break Fest 2014 is now completely reserved. There are no more tickets available for this year’s festival. If you have tickets, you are still able to purchase boxed lunches to help offset the cost of the event.
If you were not able to get tickets OR if you have tickets you no longer need, here are a couple of suggestions:
Check with friends, family and church to see if they need/want tickets.
Post on the WJTL and Kids Cookie Break Facebook Page that tickets are needed/wanted.
Please be in prayer for a great event that impacts our families, the community and The Kingdom! Thank You!
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! August 15, 16 & 17, 2014
5) Praise Community Church of York Community Day tomorrow (Saturday, Aug. 16th) from 4-9pm. Music, games, arts and crafts. Vote for the best chili and wings, Puppet show and a free family movie beginning at 7pm. More Info: www.praisecommunitychurch.org/
4) GBC Fun Fair tomorrow (Saturday, Aug. 16th) from 11am-7pm at Grace Baptist Church in York. Bounce Houses, Dunk Tank, Crafts, Face Painting, Tug of War, Kickball, Pie Eating Contest and more.
Music from York County Gospel Choir, Christian School of York Band, Damascus Road, This Way Up and more. More Info: http://www.gracebaptistyork.com
3) Back To School Fun Day held at Winterstown United Methodist Church in Winterstown (York County) tomorrow (Saturday, August 16, 2014) from 10am to 1pm. Inflatable rides, games, wagon rides, face painting and food. Backpacks and school supplies will be given away while they last to all elementary and preschool children. The York Revolution mascot “Downtown” will be present as well as the Zembo Shriner clowns. This year’s special project will support the Penn State Children’s Hospital in Hershey. More Info:
2) Touch a Truck at Colonial Park Community Baptist Church in Harrisburg tomorrow (Saturday, August 16) from 9:30 to 12:00, families are invited to come and see and experience trucks and other vehicles up close and personal. There will be tow trucks, a trash truck, snow plow, police car and more. All children will get a free T-shirt. More Info: www.colonialparkbaptist.com/
1) Family Movie Night tonight (Fri. Aug. 15th) beginning at 7PM at The Junction Center Tent in Manheim. Come early and ride the WJTL Pedal cars from 6-7pm. FREE tickets still available, More Info: -http://www.thejunctioncenter.com/
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! August 8, 9 & 10, 2014
5) Elizabethtown Art Walk tonight 5-9p and tomorrow 11am-5pm (Friday and Saturday Aug 8 & 9) in Downtown Elizabethtown. 33 Artists and 22 Locations, live music, food and Children’s Activities. More Info: VisitElizabethtownPA.com
4) Mountville Lawn Concert Series, Sunday (Aug 10) 6:30pm on the lawn of Mountville Church of the Brethren. The US Army Field Band Soldiers Chorus will perform.Bring a lawn chair. More Info: mountvillecob.org
3) Kitchen Kettle 60th Anniversary Celebration tomorrow (Saturday, August 9th) a 1950′s dance demo by Beyond Dancing, Hula Hoop Contest , music from Pocketful of Soul, Kitchen Kettle trivia and more. More Info: kitchenkettle.com
2) The Ichthus Coffeehouse tomorrow (Saturday, August 9)from 7 to 11 pm at Immanuel Evangelical Free Church of York. Featured artist – Mike Lewis, Open mic for music or spoken word, board games, and free WiFi. IEFC is located at 1140 Witmer Road in York. More Info: 717-755-2413
1) Cavod Academy of the Arts OPEN HOUSE tomorrow (Saturday, August 9) from 9am-2pm. Tour Cavod’s dance studios, free snacks, enter to win door prizes, meet the instructors and learn about Cavod’s dance, gymnastics, music and theatre classes. Lisa and Kids Cookie Break Broadcasting Live 9am-noon.More Info: CavodAcademy.com
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! August 1, 2 & 3, 2014
5) Coffee House Ministries, a Christ centered Coffee House located at New Birth New Life Ministries in York, Sunday (August 3) 6-8pm.
Food, Coffee, Music Testimonies, fellowship and worship Featuring Worship Band – Ransomed Souls! More Info: coffeehouseministries.org
4) Steelstown Community Picnic tomorrow (Sat. Aug. 2nd) from 3-9pm at St. John’s Evangelical Congregational Church in Lebanon Church Grove. Zoo America presents “Paws, Claws, Scales and Tails at 4PM, plus a children’s Bible animal lesson and scavenger hunt at 5PM and Soul Purpose concert at 5:30 & 7PM. Food, games, face painting and more. Bring lawn chairs. More Info: 717-534-1349
3) Free LEGO Building Party tonight (Friday, Aug 1) 5-8:30pm at Hammel Associates Architects, Lancaster, PA. More than 15,000 bricks, plates and specialty pieces to build with, including New FRIENDS and CITY series. More Info: (717) 393-3713
2) First Friday Lancaster, tonight (Friday, Aug 1) 5-9pm
Celebrate Art, Music and the Community of Lancaster. Galleries, museums, artist studios, Music and more. More Info: http://www.lancastercityevents.com
1) Community Day at Rapho Township Park tomorrow (Saturday, August 2) 4-8pm. Bible stories, This Way Up Band, Mechanical bull ride, face painting, childrens crafts, games, barrel train rides, soft serve ice cream, hamburgers and hotdogs. More Info: http://www.erismanmennonitechurch.org
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! July 25, 26 & 27, 2014
5) Lebanon Valley Brethren Home Auction and Chicken Barbecue tonight & tomorrow (Friday, July 25 & Saturday, July 26) beginning at 5pm on Friday and 7am on Saturday in Paylmyra. Car & Tractor Show, Kids Area, Music, Auction and Lisa Landis & Kids Cookie Break Broadcasting Live tomorrow 9am to noon. More info: LVBH.org
4)8th Annual Summer Fest celebration tomorrow (Saturday, July 26) from 10am-3:30pm at Flinchbaugh’s Orchard and Farm Market, Ducktown Road., Hellam. Free Admission. Wagon rides, face painting, games, farm photo scavenger hunt, 5 acre Corn Maze, York County Dairy Princesses and a friendly calf for children to meet as well. More Info: flinchbaughsorchard.com
3) Petra’s Fifth Annual Cruise In Sunday (July 27th) from 1-5pm at Petra Christian Fellowship. Admission is FREE, and all cars, trucks and motorcycles are welcome. No REGISTRATION is required. Music, door prizes, and lots of fun! More Info: www.petracf.org
2) The First Annual Youth SummerFest tomorrow (Saturday, July 26) Hoffer Park in Middletown from 1-6pm. Music from the band Scarlet White, and hip hop artist Justin Drish. There will also be a SKATE PARK set up with open skate, as well as demos from a local skate park ministry. FREE MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS will be given away to help promote the Living Life Community Center in Middletown. FREE FOOD too. More Info: www.youthsummerfest.org
1) Yahweh Music Festival, tomorrow (Saturday, July 26) at Codorus State Park in York from 9am-8pm. 10 hours of music provided by 10 bands from Pennsylvania, Maryland and Delaware. Pack a picnic lunch, grab your blanket and/or lawnchairs and spend the day. This is a free community event but donations will be accepted. More Info: YawehMusicFestival Facebook page.
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! July 18, 19 & 20, 2014
5) Holiday Hope’s 3rd Annual Christmas in July, tomorrow (Saturday, July 19) 8am – 3pm at the Willow Street Fire Company. Face Painting, Kid’s Dance Party, Balloon Animals, Santa, Silent Auction, Carnival & more. Holiday Hope supplies Christmas Gifts and meals to families in need. More info: http://www.holidayhopelancasterpa.com
4) The BIG Event, sponsored by the Bible Fellowship Church of Ephrata, Sunday (July 20) 6-7:30pm at Tom Grater Park in Ephrata. FREE food, games, inflatables, pony rides, candy scramble and more. More Info: www.ephratabfc.com
3) FREE Community Evening in the Park Sunday (July 20th) from 5-9pm at West Earl Community Park in Talmage. Food, games, barrel train, twist carts, 8-man bike, prizes, supper, popcorn, ice cream machine, short program with kids songs, and the movie showing on a blow-up screen. Sponsored by the churches in Brownstown. More Info: 717-738-0508
2) PRAISE JAM 2014 tomorrow (Saturday, July 19) 6-10pm at
at Ephrata Church of the Nazarene. This years bands will be Ephrata Nazarene Worship Team, Damaskus Road from Lebanon and Reamstown Church of God Worship Team. This is an indoor even. The event is free however the cafe’ will be open and all proceeds will go to the Susquehanna Valley Pregnancy Center. More Info: ephratanazarene.org
1) Family Movie Night Tonight (Fri. July 18th) at 7PM at The Junction Center Tent in Manheim. Pedal Cars from 6-7PM. The Movie is free but tickets are needed. For More Info on which Movie it is and for tickets Click on the Junction Center tab at WJTL.com
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! July 11, 12 & 13, 2014
5) Historic Marietta Professional Bike Race & Kids’ Bike Race, tomorrow, (Saturday, July 12) 11:30am-3:30pm , Kids’ bike race, children’s games and activities followed by a professional bike race through the streets of historic Marietta. More Info: 717-381-1187
4) 33rd Annual New Holland Band Car Show, Sunday (July 13th) from 11am-3PM at New Holland Community Park. Classic cars and other unique motor vehicles on display. Music will provided by The New Holland Band Jazz Combo and 16 piece Show band. Bring your lawn chair. More Info: newhollandband.org
3) Servant Stage Company is presenting a patriotic tribute to Broadway & Barbershop, Standards & Swing, Gospel Spirituals andmore, featuring a cast of 8 singer/dancer/musicians celebrating America’s history, culture, and traditions. Tonight (Friday, July 11) 7pm at Garden Spot Village and Sunday (July 13th) 7pm at New Providence Church of God. More Info: servantstagecompany.com
2) Leola Community Water Slide Day at Zion Lutheran of Leola tomorrow (Saturday, July 12) noon -4 pm. Free food, fun, & 4 Huge Waterslides. More Info: zionleola.org
1) White Horse Fire Company 100th Anniversary Community Celebration, tomorrow (Saturday, July 12) 10:30am-8pm. Candy Drop, Barrel Train Rides, & Ryan & Friends. More Info: whitehorsefire.org
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! June 27, 28 & 29, 2014
5) 34th Annual Antique, Art & Craft Show in Columbia, tomorrow (Saturday, June 28) 9am – 3pm at Locust Street Park. Over 200 vendors – crafts, antiques, food and entertainment. Free parking & free shuttle service at Glatfelter Field. Rain or shine. More Info: 717-684-5249.
4) Music In The Orchard Picnic at the Hans Herr House & Museum tomorrow (Saturday, June 28) 6pm – Music from Appalachian and traditional folk band Dearest Home and local artist Angela Michele Walker. Rain or Shine, bring your lawn chairs. More Info: (717) 464-4438
3) Huffnagle Park Summer Music Series, tomorrow (Saturday, June 28) 7pm at Huffnagle Park – Quarryville. Kids night featuring Miss Katie and jugglers – The DKers. More info:huffnaglepark.org
2) 35th Annual New Holland Summer Arts Festival Kickoff – tomorrow (Saturday, June 28) at New Holland Community Memorial Park on Jackson Street – Arts & Crafts beginning at 9am, Mark Cable in Concert at 7pm. More Info: newhollandsummerarts.org
1) Celebrate Lancaster all day today beginning at 11:30am in downtown Lancaster – showcasing the cultures and diversity of of Lancaster City. Food vendors, local crafts. & Two stages of music at Binns Park and Penn Square, featuring a variety of sounds including bluegrass, Latino, R&B, rock n’ roll and more. Fireworks to close the event at 10pm. More Info:lancastercityevents.com