Five Fun Free Family Things To Do This Weekend – July 31-Aug 2, 2015
5 John Deere Day at Bomberger’s in Lititz tomorrow (Saturday, August 1) 9-2pm. KCB broadcasting live 9-noon. Mini-horses, games, food, antique tractors, prizes and more! FREE Chick-Fil-A chocolate chip cookies, free KCB goodies, door prizes and more! More Info: Bombergers.com
4 Servant Stage Company jukebox musical “Forever Plaid” at the Living Waters Theatre in Strasburg Sunday (August 2) at 3pm & 7pm. Both performances are free, donations will be accepted and benefit Servant Stage. Reserve your free tickets in advance. More Info: http://www.servantstagecompany.com
3 Upshift Summer Bash tomorrow (Saturday August 1) from 3-9pm at Leg Up Farm in Mt Wolf. Cars, food, large zero-barrier playground. The event is free and benefits Drive For Independence, helping adults with disabilities obtain wheelchair accessible vehicles to get to work and live a more independent life. More Info:
2 Third Annual “Civil War Living History Encampment” today and tomorrow (Friday and Saturday, July 31-August 1) at Pequea Valley Public Library in Intercourse. Generals Grant and Lee reanactors will reflect on the war, their strategies, opinions, and personal lives. A President Lincoln will also be on hand. The camps open to the public today from 3-9pm and tomorrow 9am-4pm. More Info: Intercourse.lib.pa.us
1 Lancaster Family Day. Fostering Love in Lancaster tomorrow (August 1) 10am-3pm at Musser Park, Corner of Lime & Chestnut Street in Lancaster . This day is to thank Foster Families & help others discover foster family opportunities in our area. Bruce Fite, Jesse and Forgotten Friend Reptiles, juggling by the DKers, food, games, and more. More Info: www.lancasterfamilyday.com
Five Fun Free Family Things To Do This Weekend – July 17-19, 2015
5. The Annual Washington Boro Tomato Festival, tomorrow (Saturday, July 18) 4-10pm at Washington Boro Community Park at the corner of Routes 441 and 999.. Live Music, games, and lots of tomatoes. More Info: http://www.everything-tomatoes.net
4. Harrisburg Christian Performing Arts Center Family Fun Fair in Middletown tomorrow (Saturday, July 18) 2-7 pm. Two performance groups at the outdoor stage and a concert on the lawn! All proceeds benefit HCPAC’s Build Our Future Campaign. Bring your lawn chairs. More Info: hbg-cpac.org
3. Bible Fellowship Church of Ephrata’s “The BIG Event” at Ephrata Tom Grater Park – Sunday (July 19) beginning at 6pm. FREE food, inflatables, candy scramble, spin art, games and more. More Info: www.ephratabfc.com
2. York County Libraries Hero Fest – tomorrow (Saturday, July 18) 10am-2pm at Gifford Pinchot State Park. KCB broadcasting live 9-noon. Each of the York County Library will have an ineractive booth. There will also be a central performance area with storybook reading, puppets, and music. More Info: yorklibraries.org
1. WJTL Family Movie Night – tonight (July 17) 7pm at The Junction Center in Manheim. Tickets will be available at the door. Pedal cars available to ride around before the movie. More Info: http://www.thejunctioncenter.com/
Five Fun Free Family Things To Do This Weekend July 3-5
5) New Cumberland Public Library Celebrate the Fourth of July event, on the lawn, 1 Benjamin Plaza, New Cumberland, tomorrow (Sat July 4) beginning at 10:30am. The New Cumberland Town Band will present a concert of patriotic music and show tunes. Bring a blanket or lawn chair. If it rains, the concert will be moved inside at Trinity United Methodist Church of New Cumberland. More Info: www.nctownband.org.
4) East Petersburg Movie In The Park tomorrow ( Sat. July 4) From 8:30-10:15 at East Petersburg Community Park. After the movie, Lancaster Toyota will present an Indepenence Day Fireworks Display.
3) Ephrata 4th of July Celebration tomorrow (Sat July 4) beginning at 6pm at 201 Crescent Avenue, Ephrata, adjacent to the Lincoln Heights area. Live music, juggling, pony rides, games for children. Admission is free. Fireworks will follow at 9:30 pm. More Info: 717-738-9222
2) Lititz 4th of July Parade tonight (Friday, July 3) beginning at 6:30 pm
Look for WJTL. The Parade starts at West Lincoln Ave. and Warwick St and travels through downtown Lititz. Entertainment follows the parade in Lititz Springs Park. More Info: http://www.lititzlions.org/LLjuly3B.html
1) Patriotic Concert and Fireworks at Longs Park Sunday, JULY 5 at 7:30pm. The U.S. Army Concert Band “Pershing’s Own”. Fireworks, Cannons and more. Rain or Shine. More Info: http://longspark.org/summer-music-series/
Five Fun Free Family Things To Do This Weekend – June 19-21, 2015
5. Celebrate World Juggling Day tomorrow (Sat. June 20th) The Lancaster Throwback Juggling Club will gather in Lancaster’s Long’s Park near the Amphitheater from 1pm to 4pm. Stop by for free juggling lessons, or just to watch the jugglers practice and perform. More Info: www.lancasterjugglers.com
4. Family Day: A Midsummer Daydream at the PA Agricultural & Industrial Museum, Princess Street in York – tomorrow (Saturday, June 20) 10am – 2pm. Celebrate creativity and imagination at the Agricultural and Industrial Museum. Art stations, storytelling, musicians, demonstrations, and hands-on activities will allow families to explore at their own pace in a festival atmosphere. More Info: www.yorkheritage.org
3. Heritage Days at Intercourse Community Park tonight, tomorrow and Sunday (June 19-21) Shoofly Pie Baking Contest, Pedal Tractor Pull, Tractor Rides, Bounce Houses, Petting Zoo, Volleyball Tournament, Ryan & Friends, DKers Juggling, Music and More. More Info: http://www.intercourseheritagedays.com/
2. Thunder on the River Car Show tomorrow (Sat. June 20) from 10am-3pm.
Located on Locust Street in downtown Columbia, from 10am-3pm. Vintage cars, music and more. Admission for spectators is free. More Info: www.parivertowns.com
1. WJTL’s Family Movie Night tonight (Fri. June 19) beginning 7pm at The Junction Center Tent in Manheim. Free tickets available at the door. Kettle Corn and Turkey Hill products available for purchase. Come early to ride the WJTL Pedal Cars! More Info: The Junction Center tab at WJTL.com
Five Fun Free Family Things To Do This Weekend – June 12-14, 2015
5. Community Bash tomorrow (Saturday, June 13) 11am-3pm at Saint Paul Lutheran Church, Trinity Road in York. FREE Family Fun Day featuring Pony Rides, Medivac Helicopter, Art Pavillion, Crafts, Juggler, Cake Walks and more. Also, Be part of creating York County’s largest PAPER PRAYER CHAIN. More Info: saintpaul-trinity.org
4. Randy Stonehill concert tonight (Friday, June 12) 7:30pm at Lititz United Methodist Church. Randy Stonehill is best known as one of the “Pioneers of Contemporary Christian Music” – known for “Shut De Do” “Who Will Save the Children” and many other favorites. The Concert is Free. More Info: http://randystonehill.com/tour.html
3. Summer Reading Program kickoff at Middletown Public Library tomorrow (Sat. June 13) from 9am- Noon. Live music, activities, cookies, face painting, Caring Hearts Pet Therapy animals, and more! Where your Super Hero Costume. Kids Cookie Break broadcasting LIVE with Chick-Fil-A Cookies and chance to win prizes. More Info:middletownpubliclib.org
2. LCBC Church 16th Annual Motorsports Show and BBQ at the Manheim Campus tomorrow (Saturday, June 13) 9am-2pm.Hundreds of cruisers, tuners, street rods, motorcycles, RC exhibits, model cars, music, food and prizes. People’s Choice trophies will be awarded so vote for your favorites!
More Info: LCBCchurch.com
1. Servant Stage Company presentations of Gilbert & Sullivan’s comic opera, HMS Pinafore tonight, tomorrow and Sunday (June 12-14) at Lancaster Bible College All performances are free, donations accepted to help Servant Stage’s mission to make family-friendly performances easily accessible. Reserve tickets encouraged. More Info: http://www.servantstagecompany.com/hms-pinafore
Five Fun Free Family Things To Do This Weekend June 5-7, 2015
5) Ephrata Community Health Foundation’s 62nd Annual “Day in the Park” tomorrow (Saturday, June 6) in Grater Memorial Park in Ephrata7am-3pm. Health Fair, Arts & Crafts exhibitors, Business Expo, Car Cruise, children’s games, bouncing castles, music and entertainment. More Info: Wellspan.org/events
4) Blessing of the Bikes – One Big Roar – Sunday,(June 7) 10:30am – 1pm at Lancaster Harley Davidson in Willow Street. Live Music by Christian Rock and Blues Band – Raging Grace, Kids Games, Free Hot Dogs, Prizes and more. Bring Lawn Chairs. More Info: www.bikerblessing.org
3) The 7th annual Central Penn Parent Harrisburg Family Festival will take place tomorrow (Saturday, June 6) from 10am-4pm, at the HACC Harrisburg campus. This FREE event includes live music and stage performances, a petting zoo and pony rides, Atomic bounce houses, storytime corner, and lots of exhibitors with child-friendly activities. Steven Courtney and the Suitcase Musicians at 1:15pm. Children are also invited to dress up and walk in the costume parade or bring their favorite stuffed animal for a check-up. More Info: www.familyfavoritesfestival.com/harrisburg
2) Crispus Attucks an Cavod Academy Block Party at the Crispus Attucks Community Center, Howard Ave, Lancaster tonight (June 5) 4-9pm.Live Performances, Free Food, Games, Face Painting, mini-classes from Cavod in hip-hop dancing, theatre and more.
1) Lititz Area Mennonite School Auction tonight 4-8pm and tomorrow 6am-4pm (Fri June 5 & Sat June 6) at the school in Littiz. Down Home Dinner, All You Can Eat Breakfast Children’s Outdoor Games and Kids Cookie Break Live broadcasting live Saturday morning. More info: http://www.lams.info/auction
Five Fun Free Things To Do This Weekend May 29-31, 2015
5) 3rd Saturday Potluck Game Night at Aspire Community Center in Mount Joy, tomorrow (Saturday May 30) 5-9pm. Cards, boardgames, trivia, charades, videogames and more. Free for all ages. Bring food & a game to share. Aspire is located at 45 East Main Street in Mount Joy. More Info: www.AspireMtJoy.com
4) Kids Penny Fair tomorrow (Saturday, May 30) 10am to 2pm at St. Jacob’s Lutheran Church in York New Salem. The family event will feature games, prizes, surprises and giveaways. Kid Safety info provided by West Manchester Township. More Info: (717) 792-9531
3) The Summer Reading Club and GO York! Kick-Off Event tomorrow (Saturday, May 30) from 10am-1pm at the Dover Community Building, Davidsburg Road in Dover, next to Dover Library. Music by Steven Courtney, Face Painting by Changing Faces 4 Fun, and trucks and equipment from the Dover Township Fire Department. Food trucks and a picnic pavilion too. More Info: http://www.yorklibraries.org/hero
2) Summer Reading Program Family Friendly kick-off tomorrow (Saturday, may 30) from 11am-1pm at the Lancaster Public Libraray, 125 North Duke Street. A visit from Clifford the Big Red Dog, Music by The Dancing Bears and fun interactive activities. More info: lancaster.lib.pa.us
1) The Millersville Business Association’s Second Annual “Saturday in the Park” tomorrow (Saturday, May 30) in Millersville Borough’s Freedom Memorial Park from 11am-4pm. Free carnival-style games and activities for children along with the Blue Rock Fire Rescue apparatus on display. Concert by Steven Courtney at 3pm, and Forgotten Friend Reptile Sanctuary, featuring Jesse Rothacker at 11:30 and 1:00. Many local Food Trucks on location. The event will be held rain or shine. More Info at their Facebook event page.
Five Fun Free Family Things To Do This Weekend May 22-25
5) Bethany Christian Services 5K Walk and Run, tomorrow (May 23) from 8am – noon at The Junction Center in Manheim. All proceeds support the Safe Families for Children ministry of Bethany Christian Services of Central PA. The run is professionally timed. Lisa and the Kids Cookie Break Broadcasting Live! Chick-Fil-A Cookies, prizes and a chance to win Hershepark Tickets and Slugs and Bugs Concert tickets. More Info: http://www.bethany.org/lancaster/5kcentralpa
4) Celebrate Fourth Friday at the Susquehanna River Towns of Columbia, Marietta, and Wrightsville, tonight (Friday, May 22) from 5-9pm. Take a self-guided tour and visit galleries, antique shops, specialty shops, and restaurants throughout the area. View exhibits from local artists and more: More Info: http://lancasterpa.com/river-towns/
3) Jazz on the Hill tonight (Fri. May 22) from 5-8pm at Lincoln Middle School in Lancaster featuring the Lincoln Middle School Jazz Band & Jazz Chorus, JP McCaskey High School Jazz Band, Burrowes Elementary Musicians Plus an Art Show by Lincoln Middle School Students.
2) Memorial Day Patriotic Benefit Concert to benefit the Lebanon VA Hospital – Memorial Day Monday (May 25) 7pm at St. John’s Lutheran Church in Maytown. This Patriotic concert will also feature Broadway and Pop selections. An Ice Cream socail to follow. More Info: 717 426-1163
1) Mount Joy Memorial Day Parade tomorrow (Saturday, May 23) The parade will begin at the upper end of W. Main Street in Mount Joy at 2 pm. The parade will head east thru Mount Joy and will feature local bands, fire companies, floats and of course, be sure to look for the WJTL team! More Info: (717) 653-4227
Five Fun Free Family Things To Do This Weekend May 15-17
5) Hope for Haiti Third Annual Benefit Auction tomorrow (Saturday, May 16)at the Hertzog Farm—across from Metzler Mennonite Church—Beginning at 9am. The day will feature a variety of food, kids games, and an auction; proceeds benefit Life Connection Mission. More Info: lifeconnectionmission.org
4) Freedom Fun Fair tomorrow (Saturday, May 16) 10am-2pm. Free food, games, petting zoo, inflatables, face painting, pony rides, and tons of prizes. Rain or shine at the Lebanon Valley Bible Church in Campbelltown. More Info: www.lvbiblechurch.org
3) 32nd Annual Rhubarb Fest tonight and tomorrow (Friday, May 15 & Saturday May 16) at Kitchen Kettle Village – Intercourse, PA. Rhubarb Race Car Derby, Rhubarb Whoopie Pie Filling Contest, Music, prizes and more. The event is free, proceeds benefit Lancaster Farmland Trust. More Info: kitchenkettle.com
2) Go Beyond – Week of Service Celebration – Sunday (May 17) beginning at 9am at Clipper Magazine Stadium. Worship by the Vertical Church Band, New York Yankee Legend Bobby Richardson will speak, and his son Pastor Bobby Richardson will give the message. More Info: http://www.go-beyond.us
1) 62nd Annual Sertoma Chicken Barbecue tomorrow (Saturday May, 16) at Lancaster’s Longs Park. Lisa and Kids Cookie Break Broadcasting live from 9-noon. Damien Drago Rockin Thru History Band, Juan Catorce Band and Joy Ike performing on the Weaver’s Garage stage starting at noon and the 9th Annual Talent Challenge from 2-4p. Come vote for your favorite and support Longs Park, Kids Camps and the Petting Zoo. Experience the World’s LArgest Chicken Barbecue. More Info: Sertoma Blog at WJTL.com
Join us this Saturday for the 62nd Annual Sertoma Chicken Barbecue.
Once again this year WJTL will be featuring performances on The Weaver’s Garage Stage. We will be located between the Pond and the Tennis Courts in the little grove of trees at the same spot we’ve been for the past several years.
9am-noon – Lisa and Kids Cookie Break Broadcasting Live
Weaver’s Garage Stage Schedule
2p-4p – WJTL 9th Annual Talent Challenge
Oren Martin (Yo-yo-ist) Under the Sun (4 member group) Cristabelle Braden (singer/songwriter) Able (rapper) Olivia, Grace, & A (singers, “cups”) Devon Eshleman (guitarist) Rooted (worship band) Chandler Miller (cup stacker) Juliana Schnee (singer/songwriter) Freedom Lights (folk duo)
4p – Joy Ike
Come out and enjoy some great chicken barbecue, Support Long’s Park, hear some great artists and Vote for your favorite during the WJTL Talent Challenge. We hope to see you there.
** Since this event is outdoors, it is subject to weather and to change. Thanks.