FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! July 18, 19 & 20, 2014
5) Holiday Hope’s 3rd Annual Christmas in July, tomorrow (Saturday, July 19) 8am – 3pm at the Willow Street Fire Company. Face Painting, Kid’s Dance Party, Balloon Animals, Santa, Silent Auction, Carnival & more. Holiday Hope supplies Christmas Gifts and meals to families in need. More info: http://www.holidayhopelancasterpa.com
4) The BIG Event, sponsored by the Bible Fellowship Church of Ephrata, Sunday (July 20) 6-7:30pm at Tom Grater Park in Ephrata. FREE food, games, inflatables, pony rides, candy scramble and more. More Info: www.ephratabfc.com
3) FREE Community Evening in the Park Sunday (July 20th) from 5-9pm at West Earl Community Park in Talmage. Food, games, barrel train, twist carts, 8-man bike, prizes, supper, popcorn, ice cream machine, short program with kids songs, and the movie showing on a blow-up screen. Sponsored by the churches in Brownstown. More Info: 717-738-0508
2) PRAISE JAM 2014 tomorrow (Saturday, July 19) 6-10pm at
at Ephrata Church of the Nazarene. This years bands will be Ephrata Nazarene Worship Team, Damaskus Road from Lebanon and Reamstown Church of God Worship Team. This is an indoor even. The event is free however the cafe’ will be open and all proceeds will go to the Susquehanna Valley Pregnancy Center. More Info: ephratanazarene.org
1) Family Movie Night Tonight (Fri. July 18th) at 7PM at The Junction Center Tent in Manheim. Pedal Cars from 6-7PM. The Movie is free but tickets are needed. For More Info on which Movie it is and for tickets Click on the Junction Center tab at WJTL.com
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! July 11, 12 & 13, 2014
5) Historic Marietta Professional Bike Race & Kids’ Bike Race, tomorrow, (Saturday, July 12) 11:30am-3:30pm , Kids’ bike race, children’s games and activities followed by a professional bike race through the streets of historic Marietta. More Info: 717-381-1187
4) 33rd Annual New Holland Band Car Show, Sunday (July 13th) from 11am-3PM at New Holland Community Park. Classic cars and other unique motor vehicles on display. Music will provided by The New Holland Band Jazz Combo and 16 piece Show band. Bring your lawn chair. More Info: newhollandband.org
3) Servant Stage Company is presenting a patriotic tribute to Broadway & Barbershop, Standards & Swing, Gospel Spirituals andmore, featuring a cast of 8 singer/dancer/musicians celebrating America’s history, culture, and traditions. Tonight (Friday, July 11) 7pm at Garden Spot Village and Sunday (July 13th) 7pm at New Providence Church of God. More Info: servantstagecompany.com
2) Leola Community Water Slide Day at Zion Lutheran of Leola tomorrow (Saturday, July 12) noon -4 pm. Free food, fun, & 4 Huge Waterslides. More Info: zionleola.org
1) White Horse Fire Company 100th Anniversary Community Celebration, tomorrow (Saturday, July 12) 10:30am-8pm. Candy Drop, Barrel Train Rides, & Ryan & Friends. More Info: whitehorsefire.org
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! June 27, 28 & 29, 2014
5) 34th Annual Antique, Art & Craft Show in Columbia, tomorrow (Saturday, June 28) 9am – 3pm at Locust Street Park. Over 200 vendors – crafts, antiques, food and entertainment. Free parking & free shuttle service at Glatfelter Field. Rain or shine. More Info: 717-684-5249.
4) Music In The Orchard Picnic at the Hans Herr House & Museum tomorrow (Saturday, June 28) 6pm – Music from Appalachian and traditional folk band Dearest Home and local artist Angela Michele Walker. Rain or Shine, bring your lawn chairs. More Info: (717) 464-4438
3) Huffnagle Park Summer Music Series, tomorrow (Saturday, June 28) 7pm at Huffnagle Park – Quarryville. Kids night featuring Miss Katie and jugglers – The DKers. More info:huffnaglepark.org
2) 35th Annual New Holland Summer Arts Festival Kickoff – tomorrow (Saturday, June 28) at New Holland Community Memorial Park on Jackson Street – Arts & Crafts beginning at 9am, Mark Cable in Concert at 7pm. More Info: newhollandsummerarts.org
1) Celebrate Lancaster all day today beginning at 11:30am in downtown Lancaster – showcasing the cultures and diversity of of Lancaster City. Food vendors, local crafts. & Two stages of music at Binns Park and Penn Square, featuring a variety of sounds including bluegrass, Latino, R&B, rock n’ roll and more. Fireworks to close the event at 10pm. More Info:lancastercityevents.com
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! June 20, 21 & 22, 2014
5) Family Movie Night at The Junction Center in Manheim, tonight (Fri. June 20th) at 7PM. Doors open at 6PM – Pedal Cars to ride before the movie. More Info: thejunctioncenter.com
4) Veritas 3rd Friday Coffeehouse & Open Mic Night with featured performer Angela Michele Walker tonight (Friday, June 20) 7pm. Open mic, coffee, food and more.More Info: http://www.facebook.com/CommunityRoomonKing
3) Kids Cookie Break live at Shady Maple tomorrow (Sat. June 21) 9am – noon. Games, giveaways, door prizes, song requests and fun – live from Shady Maple! More Info: kidscookiebreak.com
2) 10th Annual Cruisin’ Columbia Car Show tomorrow (Sat. June 21st)10am-3pm on Locust Street in downtown Columbia. Walk down memory lane with vintage cars, music, food & more. Admission for spectators is free. More Info: 717-684-5249
1) Central Penn Parent Family Favorites Festival tomorrow (Sat. Jun 21, 2014) 10am-4pm at Long’s Park Lancaster. Live music, animals, bounce houses, storytime corner and free child friendly activities. Princess and Superhero Parades. Steven Courtney & The Suitcase Musicians in concert at 11:30am and 1:30pm. More Info: http://familyfavoritesfestival.com/lancaster/
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! June 13, 14 & 15, 2014
5) Lovin’ Lititz Every Second Friday, tonight (Friday June 13th) from 5pm-9pm in Downtown Lititz. Family activities and free entertainment – rain or shine. More Info: 717-626-6332
4) 2014 Annual Community Bash tomorrow (Saturday, June 14) 11am -3pm at St. Paul Lutheran Church, Trinity Rd in York. Music, Games, Art Pavillion, Bounce House, Service Vehicles, Old Fashioned Cake Walks and more! More Info: http://www.saintpaul-trinity.org/
3) FREE Kids Carnival tomorrow (Saturday June 14th) from 10AM-2PM at St. John’s UMC, Firehouse Rd in Grantville. FREE games, Fish Pond, Spin Art, Bean Bag Toss, Bouncy House, and more. FREE food hot dogs, cotton candy, snow cones, popcorn, and drinks. More Info: http://www.grantvilleumc.org
2) Harvest Bible Chapel Lancaster will hold Family Fest at WJTL’s Junction Center Tent in Manheim On Sunday (June 15) beginning at 9AM with family festivities for all ages including inflatables, pedal cars, motorcycles, and classic cars. At 10:30AM, there will be a worship and celebration service featuring the worship band from Harvest Bible Chapel Chicago and devotional thoughts from Senior Pastor Jamie Mitchell. The event is open to the public and will be held rain or shine.
1) 15 annual Motorsports Show & BBQ tomorrow (Saturday, June 14)at LCBC Church, Manheim from 9am-2pm. The event is free to vehicle exhibitors and spectators and features muscle cars, street rods, new & antique cars and motorcycles, scooters, trucks, RC cars, airplanes and helicopters.This family event has vehicles, food, prizes & more. More Info:LCBCChurch.com.
FRED MCNAUGHTON – Please vote for WJTL in the 2014 Readers’ Choice Awards sponsored by the Lancaster Newspapers Inc. WJTL is up for Favorite Radio Station and The Junction Center for Favorite Venue AND we’d be honored to have your vote for both!
Look for the Favorite Radio Category in Miscellaneous and the Favorite Concert Venue Category in Leisure.
Voting ends at midnight this Sunday, June 15! Fill out all of the pertinent information so that your vote is counted! Results will be published in the Sunday News on August 24th.
Let everyone know that WJTL and The Junction Center are your favorites!
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! June 6, 7 & 8, 2014
5) Lititz Area Mennonite School Auction tonight & Tomorrow (Friday, June 6 and Saturday, June 7) at the school – Newport Road, Lititz. Auction, Chicken Barbecue, games, This Way Up performing Friday Night – Kids Cookie Break broadcasting live Saturday morning. More info: http://www.lamsauction.info/
4) Harrisburg Family Favorites Festival, tomorrow (Saturday, June 7) 10am-4pm at Harrisburg HACC Campus 2 Shows by Steven Courtney & The Suitcase Musicians, Super Hero Parade, Princess Parade, fun, games and more. More Info: http://familyfavoritesfestival.com/harrisburg/
3) First Friday Lancaster, tonight (June 6) 5-9pm. Celebrate Art, Music and the Community of Lancaster. Galleries, museums, artist studios, Music and more. More Info: http://www.lancastercityevents.com
2) A Taste of Lititz, tonight (Fri. June 6th) 5-9pm. family oriented festival celebrating the Lititz. Street performers, Optical Mirage – an interactive 3D drawing, other interactive activities, food vendors, music and more. More Info: 717-626-6332
1) WJTL 30th Anniversary Listener Appreciation Concert with Sanctus Real, City Harbor, Dan & Lauren Smith and Bob Lenz, tomorrow (Sat. June 7th) at The Junction Center in Manheim from 4-9PM. Birthday Cake, studio tours, pedal cars, AND fireworks to close the evening. The Event is FREE, but tickets are required. More Info: Visit the Junction Center tab of WJTL.com.
FRED MCNAUGHTON – The Brand New WJTL App for iPhone and Ipad is here. Now you can take WJTL with you wherever you go. You can listen to WJTL, visit the WJTL Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Home page. You can check out the playlist and even support WJTL directly from the App. The App is free at the itunes store. Do a search from your iPhone or iPad in the App Store or click on the banner at the side of our homepage. Let us know what you think.
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! May 30, 31 & June 1, 2014
5) Triple Tree Ministries is hosting a free concert at Victory Church tomorrow (Saturday Night, May 31) at 6pm to help benefit the “Brotherhood Relief Fund.” Concerts by Jimmy Emig Band and Raging Grace. More Info: JimmyEmigBand.com
4) Coffee House Ministries is a Ministry of New Birth/New Life Ministries in York Sunday (June 1) from 6-8pm. Coffee, Music, Testimonies & Fellowship featuring the Worship Band Ransomed Souls. More Info: coffeehouseministries.org
3) Mountville Lawn Concert Series kicks off Sunday (June 1) at 7:pm at Mountville Church of the Brethren featuring The Bainbridge Band. The concert is free and so is the ice cream which is being served by a local community group.
2) Kids Come First on the First on Sunday (June 1) from 7am to 8pm Kids ages 5-12 can play a FREE game of Pitch & Putt Golf at Evergreen Golf Course in Manheim. However, Each child must be accompanied by a paying adult. Clubs and balls are provided.
1) Summer Reading Kickoff tomorrow (Sat. May 31st) from 1-3PM for children and teens at Musser Park, Lancaster. Music, Crafts, Science experiments and more. Sign up for Summer Reading! RAIN location at Lancaster Public Library. The event is Free, Registration NOT required. More Info: (717) 394-2651
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! May 23, 34, 25 (and Memorial Day, Monday May 26), 2014
5) Celebrate Memorial Day this Weekend. Memorial Day is observed on the last Monday of May and commemorates all men and women, who have died in military service for the United States. Many people visit cemeteries and memorials and it is traditionally seen as the start of the summer season.
4) The 14th Annual 5k River Run, tomorrow (Saturday, May 24) beginning at 8:30am at Wrighsville Elementary School.
Hosted by the Susquehanna Valley Chamber of Commerce, the course crosses the Susquehanna River via the Veterans Memorial Bridge between Lancaster and York County. The bridge is closed to traffic during the event. There is a cost for runners – but spectators are free. More Info: parivertowns.com
3) Family Fishing Fun, Monday, (May 26) Twice each year, Memorial Day and the Fourth of July, the PA Fish and Boat Commission waives licensing requirements.Go Fishing with family and friends. It’s Free and it’s Fun!
2) Garden Spot Village invites the public to view Art Work -drawings, paintings, prints, photographs and other images created by talented high-school age art students from Lancaster and Chester counties tomorrow and Sunday (May 24 & 25) 9am-5pm both days. First-place winner will hang in Washington for one year; runners-up will hang in the congressman Joe Pitts’ office. More Info: gardenspotvillage.org
1) Mount Joy Area Memorial Day Parade, tomorrow (Saturday, May 24) beginning at 2pm through Main Street in Mount Joy. Fire Companies, Bands, Floats and More Commemorating Memorial Day. This years theme is “The War that Started 100 Years Ago”