FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! June 6, 7 & 8, 2014
5) Lititz Area Mennonite School Auction tonight & Tomorrow (Friday, June 6 and Saturday, June 7) at the school – Newport Road, Lititz. Auction, Chicken Barbecue, games, This Way Up performing Friday Night – Kids Cookie Break broadcasting live Saturday morning. More info: http://www.lamsauction.info/
4) Harrisburg Family Favorites Festival, tomorrow (Saturday, June 7) 10am-4pm at Harrisburg HACC Campus 2 Shows by Steven Courtney & The Suitcase Musicians, Super Hero Parade, Princess Parade, fun, games and more. More Info: http://familyfavoritesfestival.com/harrisburg/
3) First Friday Lancaster, tonight (June 6) 5-9pm. Celebrate Art, Music and the Community of Lancaster. Galleries, museums, artist studios, Music and more. More Info: http://www.lancastercityevents.com
2) A Taste of Lititz, tonight (Fri. June 6th) 5-9pm. family oriented festival celebrating the Lititz. Street performers, Optical Mirage – an interactive 3D drawing, other interactive activities, food vendors, music and more. More Info: 717-626-6332
1) WJTL 30th Anniversary Listener Appreciation Concert with Sanctus Real, City Harbor, Dan & Lauren Smith and Bob Lenz, tomorrow (Sat. June 7th) at The Junction Center in Manheim from 4-9PM. Birthday Cake, studio tours, pedal cars, AND fireworks to close the evening. The Event is FREE, but tickets are required. More Info: Visit the Junction Center tab of WJTL.com.
RADIO FRIEND PHIL – Greetings! Welcome to this week’s New Tunes at 9 Roundup. (New Tunes at 9, one-hour of new and emerging music, weeknights at 9 p.m. on WJTL.)
WJTL is celebrating 30 years of Christ, community, and music this weekend. You can join us at the Junction Center tomorrow for guest speaker Bob Lenz; and live music from Dan and Lauren Smith, Sanctus Real, and City Harbor. Also tomorrow: studio tours, birthday cake, fireworks, and more; all the details at WJTL.com.
City Harbor is the music duo of Molly Reed and Robby Earle; their self-titled debut project is available now. City Harbor’s website states, “When we see hurting people, struggling loved ones, and injustice in the world, we’re always thinking somebody’s gotta do something, and we know it has to start with us.”
Molly Reed, who’s married to Mike Grayson of Mikeschair, explained the story behind the song, “Heartbeat,” on New Tunes at 9 (Listen here: https://wjtl.com/listen/wjtl-casts/.)
For more City Harbor, go to http://cityharbormusic.com/
JOHN SHIRK – Today’s Moment Of Celebration reflects on the significance of Pentecost.
In Acts 2, the Holy Spirit came in power at the time of a Jewish Feast, which commemorated when God spoke to Moses and gave the Ten Commandments to the Hebrews.
The Feast of Weeks also happened at the beginning of an agricultural season. One of the practices of this feast is to bring the firstfruits to God, as an acknowledgment of God’s gracious hand.
Just as the Feast of Weeks was a turning point for the Jews to receive the law, Pentecost became a turning point for the church to receive the Holy Spirit. The result was new life and the power that believers would need to be witnesses for Jesus. 3,000 people responded to Peter’s sermon on the day of Pentecost and experienced new life in Christ.
The significance of Pentecost is a reason to be glad in the Year of Celebration.
JOHN SHIRK – Today’s Moment Of Celebration reflects on a life directed by God.
One of the questions that graduates face is “what will I do with the rest of my life?” This is a significant question. The answer may depend on another question. “Who will lead us?”
Proverbs 3:5 and 6 are key passages that reveal how our lives can be directed by the wisdom of God’s plan.
“Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths.” The next verse is also important for having a mindset that is ready to respond to the counsel of God.
“Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil.”
For moral decisions, there is clarity available in the commandments of God.
For career decisions, there is guidance available in the hand of God.
For decisions that build relationships, there is help available in the love of God.
Having our paths directed by God is a reason to be glad in the Year of Celebration.
STACEY GAGNE – Our 30th Anniversary Concert Event is just a few days away; and we have more fun activities up our sleeve to add to the already exciting line up!
Join us this Saturday when doors open at 4:00 pm for tours of The Junction Center, take a spin on our pedal carts and get a fun photo with your family or friends in the photo booth! We’ll also be serving free anniversary cake from Country Table Restaurant. Other food will be available onsite for purchase including treats from Turkey Hill and Uncle Jerry’s Kettle Corn and Catering With Attitude’s food truck.
Some of our friends are helping add to the fun including prizes provided by Turkey Hill Dairy, Sight and Sound Theatres, Walk in Love , Chick-fil-A and more. We’ve also put together an extra special WJTL prize pack including our brand new full line of tshirts. We plan to do giveaways throughout the evening.
The program begins at 5:15 with the planned schedule below:
Our staff is really excited to celebrate with you. Tickets are free, but need to be reserved. Visit thejunctioncenter.com for details. See YOU Saturday!
FRED MCNAUGHTON – The Brand New WJTL App for iPhone and Ipad is here. Now you can take WJTL with you wherever you go. You can listen to WJTL, visit the WJTL Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Home page. You can check out the playlist and even support WJTL directly from the App. The App is free at the itunes store. Do a search from your iPhone or iPad in the App Store or click on the banner at the side of our homepage. Let us know what you think.
Your June 1st Some Sort of Rock Show playlist:
We Are The Broken- Seventh Day Slumber
Say It Like You Mean It- New Empire
I Know- Lecrae
Whatever It Takes- Pillar
We Are the Brave- VERIDIA
Shook- Thousand Foot Krutch
Breaking Out- Sumerlin
The Show- Hawk Nelson
Alive In You- 7eventh Time Down
Run and Escape- RED
Fight Song- The Almost
Saved My Soul- The Museum
BZRK (feat. KB)- Family Force 5
Supersonic- Family Force 5
You Never Fail Me- Me In Motion
Ones and Zeroes- Stellar Kart
Easy Way Out- Southbound Fearing
The Right Direction- Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
Slow Suicide- Scott Stapp
When We All Come Alive- Switchfoot
Superhuman- After Edmund
Tomorrows Another Day- MxPx
Lonely Soul- I Anthem
The Heart- Needtobreathe
I Am- Crowder
What I Believe- Skillet
This Isn’t Love- The Birdsongs
War Is Over- Run Kid Run
Memory- Decyfer Down
Blue- Manic Drive
Our theme today:
|A Song Of Peace||Nichole Nordeman||Listen To Our Hearts, Vol. 1||1998|
|How Deep The Fathers Love For Us||Joy Williams||WOW Worship||2004|
|Pour Out Your Spirit Lord||Evan Wickham||Mysterious Things||2005|
|What Wondrous Love||Cherie Adams||Bridges – Classic Hymns, Modern Worship||2005|
|Faithful||Chuck Gibson Band||Chuck Gibson||2012|
|Joy Is In This Place||Tim Hughes||When Silence Falls||2004|
|Pass Me Not O Gentle Savior||Bart Millard||Hymned||2005|
|Amazing Love||Bebo Norman||WOW Worship Red||2005|
|Love Never Fails||Brandon Heath||What If We||2009|
|Tears Of Joy||Phil Wickham||The Ascension||2013|
|Your Goodness||Brian Campbell||Hearts Wake To The Giver Of Life||2012|
|Your Love Never Fails||Jesus Culture||Your Love Never Fails||2008|
|Spirit Speaks||All Sons & Daughters||Season One||2012|
|After Your Heart||Phil Wickham||Cannons||2007|
|Revolutionary Love||David Crowder Band||Illuminate||2004|
|Walk By Faith||Jeremy Camp||Live Unplugged||2005|
|Joyful (The One Who Saves)||Brenton Brown||Joyful||2010|
|Spirit Fall||Chris Tomlin||Passion: Here For You||2011|
|Control||JJ Heller||When Im With You||2011|
|My Love For You||Jeremy Riddle||Full Attention||2007|
|More Love More Power||Jeff Deyo||Saturate||2002|
|Find Us Faithful||Steve Green||People Need The Lord||1994|
|Youre Good Lord||Kathryn Scott||Satisfy||2003|
|Joyous Light||Chris Tomlin||Passion: Hymns Ancient and Modern||2004|
|Come Holy Spirit Medley||Israel and New Breed||New Season||2001|
|How He Loves||John Mark McMillan||The Medicine||2010|
|You Are Holy (Prince Of Peace)||Michael W. Smith||Worship Again||2003|
|Keep The Faith||Tim Hughes||Love Shine Through||2011|
|The Love Of God||Mercy Me||Spoken For||2002|
|Your Love Is Extravagant||Casting Crowns||Casting Crowns||2003|
|Your Mercy And Kindness (feat. Chris McCrea)||PDI||No Greater Love||2001|
|For The Good||Shane & Shane||Everything Is Different||2009|
|Beauty of Your Peace||Tim Hughes||When Silence Falls||2004|
|Here Is Love||Matt Redman||Passion: Hymns Ancient and Modern||2004|
|My Joy||Philip Herndon||Love In Every Motion||2012|
|True Love||Phil Wickham||Singalong||2008|
|Joy Has Dawned||Bethany Dillon and Matt Hammitt (of Sanctus Real)||In Christ Alone – Modern Hymns Of Worship||2008|
|Spirit Of The Living God||FFH||WOW Worship||2004|
|Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee||Charlie Hall||Passion: Hymns Ancient and Modern||2004|
|Love Shine Through||Tim Hughes||Love Shine Through||2011|
|Great Is Thy Faithfulness||Israel Houghton||WOW Hymns||2007|
|Love Came Down||Brian Johnson||Love Came Down||2010|
|God Is Good||Dustin Kensrue||The Water & The Blood||2013|
|Surely Goodness And Mercy||Ashley Cleveland||Men And Angels Say||2005|
|Waiting Here For You||Christy Nockels||Passion: Here For You||2011|
|I Wait For The Lord||Jeremy Camp||Carried Me||2004|
|Where The Spirit Of The Lord Is (feat. Christy Nockels)||Chris Tomlin||Passion: Awakening||2010|
|You Are Good||Rita Springer||I Have To Believe||2005|
|Hes Always Been Faithful||Sara Groves||Conversations||2002|
STACEY GAGNE – Dates are available for booking venues at The Junction Center this Fall. Banquets, corporate events, weddings, concerts, church services, parties, and more can be held in our facilities here at 1875 Junction Road. We’ve had a great response from guests who have joined us so far.
The Junction Center tent is a Saddleback tent venue with a completely open interior. When set up in concert style with a stage at one end; it will accommodate approximately 650 people. Banquet seating capacity is approximately 450 depending on the type of table used. In “band shell” set up, the audience capacity increases to the thousands. The marquee tent outside of the larger saddleback tent works great as a greeting area or lobby for larger events. It can also be equipped for a smaller group banquet space or party. Some examples of events hosted so far includes: S. Clyde Weaver’s company picnic, Manheim BIC’s combined Easter Service, Child Evangelism Fellowship’s Banquet, Hempfield Baseball end of the year party, Victory Church Young Adult Kick off service, a PA Dutch Convention and Visitors Bureau Mixer, National Day of Prayer and various other concerts and events.
We also take reservations for The Millen Room, a cozy 980 square foot café featuring a small stage plus tables and seating for approximately 50 people. Business Meetings, smaller parties (birthday, bridal and baby showers), luncheons and similar functions work great in this space equipped with a warming kitchen, projection and sound equipment.
More details about the venues are available at thejunctioncenter.com. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions specific to your event needs.
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! May 30, 31 & June 1, 2014
5) Triple Tree Ministries is hosting a free concert at Victory Church tomorrow (Saturday Night, May 31) at 6pm to help benefit the “Brotherhood Relief Fund.” Concerts by Jimmy Emig Band and Raging Grace. More Info: JimmyEmigBand.com
4) Coffee House Ministries is a Ministry of New Birth/New Life Ministries in York Sunday (June 1) from 6-8pm. Coffee, Music, Testimonies & Fellowship featuring the Worship Band Ransomed Souls. More Info: coffeehouseministries.org
3) Mountville Lawn Concert Series kicks off Sunday (June 1) at 7:pm at Mountville Church of the Brethren featuring The Bainbridge Band. The concert is free and so is the ice cream which is being served by a local community group.
2) Kids Come First on the First on Sunday (June 1) from 7am to 8pm Kids ages 5-12 can play a FREE game of Pitch & Putt Golf at Evergreen Golf Course in Manheim. However, Each child must be accompanied by a paying adult. Clubs and balls are provided.
1) Summer Reading Kickoff tomorrow (Sat. May 31st) from 1-3PM for children and teens at Musser Park, Lancaster. Music, Crafts, Science experiments and more. Sign up for Summer Reading! RAIN location at Lancaster Public Library. The event is Free, Registration NOT required. More Info: (717) 394-2651