FRED MCNAUGHTON – Congratulations to Lisa Landis, Kristi Leigh and the entire WJTL team for winning 2 prestigious awards at this year’s PAB (Pennsylvania Association of Broadcasters) Awards Banquet. Lisa won for Outstanding Radio Program for Children for the Kids Cookie Break. This is the eighth time Lisa and KCB has been recognized. Kristi and the WJTL team won for Outstanding Promotional Announcement/Contest for Feedback Giveback. WJTL is pleased to be recognized by our contemporaries in broadcasting as being outstanding in our field. Thanks PAB.
FRED MCNAUGHTON – Today’s the BIG day. You’re invited to the free Kids Cookie Break Celebration featuring Slugs and Bugs’ Randall Goodgame (“Tractor, Tractor”, “I’m Adopted”) Lisa Landis and the Cookie Eating Challenge and yours truly – Phredd this evening at 6pm at Manheim BIC’s Warehouse 54 auditorium. The concert is free, seating is limited and is first come first served. We’d love to see you there. Check out all the details at KidsCookieBreak.com
Directions to Warehouse 54 – 54 North Penryn Rd., Maheim, PA
FRED MCNAUGHTON -Congratulations to the WJTL Team! WJTL and it’s staff is the 2011 recipient of three prestigious Pennsylvania Association of Broadcasters Excellence in Broadcasting Awards, received yesterday at a ceremony at the Hotel Hershey Garden Terrace Ballroom. Eddie, Lisa and Kristi represented WJTL (and were right smartly dressed in my opinion).
Here is the rundown on the awards…
• The Outstanding Radio Contest award to Kristi Leigh and the WJTL staff for the Single Parent Contest.
• The Outstanding Program Designed for Children to Lisa Landis and the WJTL staff for the 7th year in a row for The Kids Cookie Break.
WJTL is thrilled to be recognized by our Broadcasting peers in radio and television for positively impacting our community and our listeners with EXCELLENCE.
Thank you for your support and encouragement. Next time you see our staff congratulate them on a job well done!
FRED MCNAUGHTON – FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! April 8, 9, 10 2011
Hey, the Kids Cookie Break Skate isn’t free, but it is FUN and for the Family…It’s tomorrow (Saturday) 10 to noon at the Castle Roller Skating Rink. Check it out at the KCB site.
5) Almost Free – Children under 2 are free, there’s free coffee and free popcorn – but there is a small ticket charge. Steven Courtney’s 5000th Show Celebration at the Oregon Dairy Warehouse Theatre, Lititz, PA – tomorrow (Saturday April 9) 2 Shows – 10:30am and 1:30pm. Visit StevenCourtney.com
4) Comedy Show by “The Old Biddies” on Sat. April 9th at 7PM at Fawn United Methodist Church in Fawn Grove. A free will offering will be collected to benefit the presenters and to help fund the Red Bird Mission Trip located in a remote part of Kentucky.
3) Capital Bible Church Car Show tomorrow (Sat. April 9th) from 10AM-3PM at Capital Bible Church in Harrisburg. Rain or shine. Admission is free! Visit http://www.capitalbible.com for more info.
2) Lampeter Church of the Brethren is having an Olympics for the D.R. tomorrow (Sat. April 9th) It’s a fundraiser for the church’s mission trip to the Domincan Republic. Three on three Soccer, homerun derby, swing-a-thon, Crazy Olympic Games, and more. Visit
http://www.lampcob.com for more info.
1) Lancaster Barnstormers Fan Fest – tomorrow (Saturday, April 9) This FREE event will be held at Clipper Magazine Stadium from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., offering fans food, music and many activities for the entire family. Visit http://lancasterbarnstormers.com for more info.
July 2008 – Lisa Landis from WJTL’s Kids Cookie Break meets Mallory and Marissa, two kids who volunteer their time to work at the GAIN warehouse.