FRED MCNAUGHTON – Today’s the BIG day. You’re invited to the free Kids Cookie Break Celebration featuring Slugs and Bugs’ Randall Goodgame (“Tractor, Tractor”, “I’m Adopted”) Lisa Landis and the Cookie Eating Challenge and yours truly – Phredd this evening at 6pm at Manheim BIC’s Warehouse 54 auditorium. The concert is free, seating is limited and is first come first served. We’d love to see you there. Check out all the details at KidsCookieBreak.com
Directions to Warehouse 54 – 54 North Penryn Rd., Maheim, PA
FRED MCNAUGHTON -Congratulations to the WJTL Team! WJTL and it’s staff is the 2011 recipient of three prestigious Pennsylvania Association of Broadcasters Excellence in Broadcasting Awards, received yesterday at a ceremony at the Hotel Hershey Garden Terrace Ballroom. Eddie, Lisa and Kristi represented WJTL (and were right smartly dressed in my opinion).
Here is the rundown on the awards…
• The Outstanding Radio Contest award to Kristi Leigh and the WJTL staff for the Single Parent Contest.
• The Outstanding Program Designed for Children to Lisa Landis and the WJTL staff for the 7th year in a row for The Kids Cookie Break.
WJTL is thrilled to be recognized by our Broadcasting peers in radio and television for positively impacting our community and our listeners with EXCELLENCE.
Thank you for your support and encouragement. Next time you see our staff congratulate them on a job well done!
FRED MCNAUGHTON – FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! April 8, 9, 10 2011
Hey, the Kids Cookie Break Skate isn’t free, but it is FUN and for the Family…It’s tomorrow (Saturday) 10 to noon at the Castle Roller Skating Rink. Check it out at the KCB site.
5) Almost Free – Children under 2 are free, there’s free coffee and free popcorn – but there is a small ticket charge. Steven Courtney’s 5000th Show Celebration at the Oregon Dairy Warehouse Theatre, Lititz, PA – tomorrow (Saturday April 9) 2 Shows – 10:30am and 1:30pm. Visit StevenCourtney.com
4) Comedy Show by “The Old Biddies” on Sat. April 9th at 7PM at Fawn United Methodist Church in Fawn Grove. A free will offering will be collected to benefit the presenters and to help fund the Red Bird Mission Trip located in a remote part of Kentucky.
3) Capital Bible Church Car Show tomorrow (Sat. April 9th) from 10AM-3PM at Capital Bible Church in Harrisburg. Rain or shine. Admission is free! Visit http://www.capitalbible.com for more info.
2) Lampeter Church of the Brethren is having an Olympics for the D.R. tomorrow (Sat. April 9th) It’s a fundraiser for the church’s mission trip to the Domincan Republic. Three on three Soccer, homerun derby, swing-a-thon, Crazy Olympic Games, and more. Visit
http://www.lampcob.com for more info.
1) Lancaster Barnstormers Fan Fest – tomorrow (Saturday, April 9) This FREE event will be held at Clipper Magazine Stadium from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., offering fans food, music and many activities for the entire family. Visit http://lancasterbarnstormers.com for more info.
July 2008 – Lisa Landis from WJTL’s Kids Cookie Break meets Mallory and Marissa, two kids who volunteer their time to work at the GAIN warehouse.
2009 – Lisa takes the Kids Cookie Break behind the scenes at the Castle Roller Rink
Congratulations to Kiana Haldeman of Manheim! She is the GRAND PRIZE WINNER in the Draw Your Fave Phredd Song Contest. She wins the Lanahki LU21 soprano ukulele with a lightweight case and songbook.
Congrats to the Top 3 winners-Kiana Haldeman, Anastasia Carroll, & Abby Samuelson! They all won the entire PHREDD Cd & DVD collection!
Thanks again to everyone who entered. You all did a fantastic job!!!
LISA LANDIS – This mom had a fantastic Mother’s Day Weekend. Mind if I share?
First, I got to giveaway “Funky/Silly Bandz” on the Kids Cookie Break, making life easier for the mom’s whose kids’ are running all over creation trying to find a store that hasn’t sold out of the latest trend ( thanks to Olde Mill House Shoppe Lancaster for donating the Bandz).
Second, I got to redeem myself as an auctioneer for Friendship Community, taking on WDAC’s Mike Stike and WGAL’s Jere Gish to see who could raise the most money for Friendship. I am happy to announce I had the highest bid ($625) for a rocking horse crafted by a Friendship resident. Hah! Even with all of the promises and bribes from the auctioneers (including my own bag of tricks aka silly bandz, cds, books), this mom worked hard to make up for brining in the least amount of money last year. Now to be honest, I did go last, which seems to be the winning spot. If the Freakonomics geeks would study this one I’m confidant they’d conclude, “the last person up to bat at the auction block always hits a home run.” What made me most proud was that the three of us combined brought in more money for Friendship Community this year than last!!!
And finally, my Third weekend highlight (remember last hits the home run), my family spoiled me with brunch at “Wish You Were Here”, the latest “Central Market Cookbook”, an original book written and designed by my son with songs, poems, pictures, etc. and even dinner cooked by my 12-year old son Alex who is a marvel in the kitchen. It was pancakes for dinner. And we’re not talking out of the box. I’m talking the most amazing pancakes made from scratch with chocolate and cinnamon cream.
So as you see this mom had a marvelous mom’s day. And a big thanks to my mom for making it all possible
Happy post-Mother’s Day to mom’s everywhere. I close with a few thoughts to make you smile:
Dumbwaiter: One who asks if the kids would care to order dessert.
Full Name: What you call your child when you’re mad at him.
A suburban mother’s role is to deliver children obstetrically once, and by car forever after. ~Peter De Vries
Sing out loud in the car even, or especially, if it embarrasses your children. ~Marilyn Penland
And funny joke:
A Sunday school teacher asked her class why Joseph and Mary took Jesus with them to Jerusalem. A small child replied: “They couldn’t get a baby-sitter.”