LISA LANDIS –
5 FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND
5. The 3rd Annual Historic Marietta Bike Race, Saturday, July 9, 10:45 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. featuring the best cyclists in the mid-Atlantic racing over 40 mph on the streets of Marietta. Includes Women’s, Men’s Beginners, Men’s Masters, Kids, Men’s Professional/Elite races and a parade lap for spectators and participants. New for this year is a Fireman’s Race!! Free music and children’s activities in front of Susquehanna Waldorf School. Kids races free to all children 4 to 10 years. On site complimentary safety checks by local bike shops. https://www.bikereg.com/historic-marietta-bike-race
4. Rural Life Festival on Sat. July 9th from 9am-3pm at Newburg United Methodist Church. Free Admission and Free Parking. Antique Farm Machinery*Antique Displays*Small Engines*Working Steam Engine*Grain Thrashing*Horse Drawn Binder*Scrapple Making* Fresh Apple Cider*Grain to Loaf Bread Baking*Children’s Pedal Tractor Pull*Horse Wagon Rides* Barrel Train*Children’s Activities*Petting Zoo*Potato Raising*Butter Making*Soap Making*Sheep Shearing*Spinning & Weaving*Quilting*Wood Working* Broom Making*Blacksmith*Log Hewing Music* lots of food! For more information 717-423-6113.
3. Forgotten Voices is hosting a 10 year anniversary benefit concert Saturday, July 9 from 5pm-8pm at Forgotten Voices in Dillsburg to help raise awareness and support for innovative orphan care in Africa. Bring your family & friends, lawn chairs & blankets, and a picnic dinner. Featuring music by Teresa Greco, Kim Edwards, and John Hufford. Cost is free, but donations will be accepted to support the ministry. Raffle for handcrafted jewelry and Forgotten Voices’ t-shirt. Visitwww.forgottenvoices.org for more information.
2. It’s Second Friday Downtown Lititz TONIGHT from 5 – 9pm. Up and down Main Street and Broad Street in Lititz you’ll find artists, entertainers, musicians, and exhibits. Free parking is available in the parking lots north of Main Street. http://www.lititzpa.com/second-friday.php
1. Free family movie night TONIGHT at 7pm at The Junction Center in Manheim with Paddington. Free tickets available. Donations to WJTL will help to cover the cost of the event. http://www.thejunctioncenter.com/