January 25, 26 & 27, 2013
5) Bobby and JR Wehner in concert tonight (Friday, Jan 25) 6:30pm-8:30pm. Hear singer-songwriter Bobby Wehner and his dad perform two generations of music: From bluegrass/country to modern folk/rock at Ten Thousand Villages Cafe in Ephrata. More info: ephrata.tenthousandvillages.com
4) Salem Hellers Church Movie Night, Horseshoe Rd, Lancaster tonight (January 25) at 7pm featuring “End of the Spear,” the story of the unlikely friendship forged between tribesman from the jungles of Ecuador and the son of a man he killed, Steve Saint. Admission is free and popcorn and drinks will be provided. More info: 717-656-9249
3) Fourth Friday – Mount Joy - Tonight (January 25) 5-8pm in Downtown Mount Joy. Stroll the town, Browse shops, Special events, music, art and more. More info: mainstreetmountjoy.com
2) Frosty Full Moon Hike – tomorrow (Saturday, Jan 26)
9 -10:30pm. Bundle up for a frosty hike into the woods of Lancaster County Central Park with Naturalist Karen Waltemyer Free but registration is required. More info:717-295-2055.
1) Join WJTL and Ski Roundtop for the Cardboard Derby Sunday (Jan. 27th) Check-in begins at 3:00 pm, judging at 4:00 pm. Teams build crazy cardboard contraptions and you can watch them ride down the tubing runs. Free for spectators! More info: skiroundtop.com
FRED MCNAUGHTON – January 18, 19 and 20, 2013.
5) Showing of the movie “Last Ounce of Courage” at the Living Waters Theater; tomorrow and Sunday (Jan 19 & 20)7pm. Doors open at 6pm. Freewill offering, no reservations needed. More Info: (717) 687-4263
4) FREE showing of the movie October Baby tomorrow (Sat. Jan. 19th) at 6:30pm at Manheim Brethren in Christ Church. Before and after the movie meet local ministries involved in promoting the value of human life. More info: 717-538-4889
3) October Baby, a feature length film will be shown at Jerusalem Church 1620 Newport Rd Manheim at 6:30pm Sunday (January 20th). Following the movie, Lisa Hosler of Susquehanna Valley Pregnancy Services will share. Light refreshments will be served afterwards. The movie is rated PG-13 and deals with the serious emotions of abortion. Parents should use discretion in bringing children. More info: 717 665-6565
2) A string quartet of present and past members of the Philadelphia Orchestra will be in concert Sunday (Jan. 20th) at 6:30pm at Calvary Monument Bible Church in Paradise. More info: calvarymonument.org
1) Coffeehouse and Open Mic night with Unusual Suspects
Tonight (Friday, Jan 18) 7-9p at the Community Room on Prince in downtown Lancaster. The event is free, there will be an opportunity to donate to support the music of Unusual Suspects.
FRED MCNAUGHTON – January 11, 12, 13 2013
5) SECOND FRIDAY in LITITZ tonight (January 11, 2013) 5-9pm. Historic Downtown Lititz streets filled with family activities and entertainments, free and open to the public. More info: venturelititz.com
4) Ichthus Coffeehouse, Games and open mic for music or spoken word, tomorrow (Saturday, Jan 12) 7pm-11pm at Immanuel Evangelical Free Church of York. More Info:717-755-2413
3) E-town 2nd Fridays, tonight (Saturday, Jan 11) 5-9 pm. Downtown Elizabethtown. Music, Art and Kids Activities. More Info: facebook.com/Etown2ndFridays
2) Family R We Conference tonight 7-9p and tomorrow 8:30am to noon (Fri & Sat Jan 11 & 12) Moms, Dads Grandparents and Kids engaged in interactive activities that help them discover what makes family, family. Wesley United Methodist Church, Quarryville. Presented by House on the Rock Ministries.
1) 97th Pennsylvania Farm Show. continues tonight and tomorrow (Friday and Saturday Jan 11 & 12) at the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex and Expo Center, 2300 N. Cameron St., Harrisburg. Hundreds of exhibits, contests, all celebrating PA agriculture. Admission is free, there is a cost for parking. More Info: farmshow.state.pa.us
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!!
5) The Solid Rock Cafe in Lebanon is featuring the band Once Called Saul Saturday evening (January 5, 2013) from 7-9pm, for a night of music & fellowship. Free admission. For More Info: 717-933-4926
4) RiSE Youth Revival at York Christian Church (2901 Pleasant Valley Road, York,) beginning Sunday (January 6, 2013) and running thru January10th each evening from 6:30pm-8:30pm. The theme for this year is “Target the Heart” based on 1 Timothy 1:5. Each night will include worship, a speaker, and youth group time. For more info: 717-755-1893
3) First Fridays! Downtown Lancaster – tonight (January 4, 2013) from 5-9pm. Celebrate the arts in Lancaster with fun, food and music. More Info: Lancasterarts.com
2) CHiPS HO Model RailRoad Open House Sunday (Jan 6, 2013) from 1-4pm at the Columbia Historic Preservation Society
21 N. Second St., Columbia. 1000sq.ft. HO model railroad located on second floor of museum. A 200sq.ft diorama of Columbia circa 1930. Free admission–donations accepted
1) 97th Pennsylvania Farm Show. beginning Saturday (Jan. 5th through Jan 12) at the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex and Expo Center, 2300 N. Cameron St., Harrisburg. Hundreds of exhibits, contests, all celebrating PA agriculture. Admission is free, there is a cost for parking. More Info: farmshow.state.pa.us
FRED MCNAUGHTON – Time to take one last check at the WJTL 2012 End of the Year Donation Thermometer. Three hundred and six thousand dollars was the target to reach budget by the end of the year. Your December donations have totaled - $351,808
Which surpassed the goal!!! Thank you to everyone who made an end of year Donation!
Please join us in Celebrating God’s Faithfulness and your Generosity!