Our duffel bags are packed with shorts, WJTL shirts, and sunscreen; Creation 2013 is less then a day away. A Walk in love gift pack, two tickets from The US Hot Air Balloon Team and a WJTL prize pack, equipped with a soon to be autographed water bottle, are ready to be given away in our daily giveaways. I hope you are as excited for Creation 2013 as the WJTL Creation Crew. This year our tent can’t be missed and we have enough stickers to cover the Switchfoot bus twice over, (our goal is to give away as many as we can). Along with the stickers, we have WJTL wristband, pencils, pens, clips, bags, and much more. Plus, stop by daily for surprise giveaways that will be more spontaneous than Toby Mac’s stage show. See ya tomorrow!
It’s the big comeback of The Creation Survival Kit Contest, heard only on WJTL! Brush up on the lineup of artists and speakers coming to this year’s festival (Creation Northeast) here and listen to WJTL all week for chances to play. (There are 13 in all.) Listen for the special contest sounder. If you can call in and correctly tell us the voices guessed so far–and the next voice–you’ll win 2 tickets to this year’s festival, plus you’ll be entered into the grand prize drawing for the Creation Survival Kit: a VIP tent at Creation including set up and cots, a Kindle Fire HD with a $100 Amazon gift card, an iPod Touch with a $100 iTunes gift card, a $200 gift card to Bass Pro Shops — and topped off with a WJTL gear pack!
*You must be 18 years of age or older to be eligible to play this contest.
*Each person may play (on-air) 2 times maximum.
*Only 1 winner is permitted per household in this contest.
*If you won a Creation Survival Kit in the past, you are not eligible to play this year.
*If you or someone in your family/household won tickets last year, please let someone else have a chance at winning this year.
Here is a review of the WJTL Contest Rules:
1. To be awarded a prize, the contestants must be the proper number caller, proper name drawn, the proper caller with the correct answer or a chosen contestant according to the specific contest rules.
2. There is no age limit for smaller prize contest winners but they must be a United States citizen to win. Participants may win only one (1) contest per family/household in a thirty (30) day period.
3. All materials submitted during a contest become the
property of WJTL and WJTL shall have the right to use any such material in connection with the given contest.
4. Any written and mail-in contests need to have all of your contact information included, so we can contact you or mail your prize in the case you are the winner. (Name, Address and Phone Number)
5.Contestants must be 18 years of age or older and be a United States citizen to win major prizes valued at $500. or greater.
6. Contestants may play a total of two (2) times per contest.
7. Contestants and family members and household members of contestants who win a prize valued at $500 or greater will not be eligible to play or win another major prize valued at $500. or greater again for a two-year period from the date prize is awarded. If you or someone in your family/household is the grand prize winner, please give other people a chance to play and win.
8. Winners are solely responsible for payment of all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and any other liabilities incurred.
9. WJTL FM90.3 reserves the right to serve as exclusive arbitrator in the instance of question or conflict with the rules, contestants, or other aspect of the contest.
10. The decisions of WJTL FM90.3 with regard to the awarding of the prizes and the interpretation of these rules shall be final. All persons competing in this contest shall be deemed to have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these rules.
11. These rules may or may not be superceded by rules for a particular contest.
12. Further questions concerning contest rules should be directed to the General Manager, Fred McNaughton or Program Director, John Shirk.
By now you have probably heard about the recent earthquake in Haiti. Some of WJTL’s friends have given us updates.
The Creation Festival and Pastor Harry Thomas have been part of New Missions and Hope Alive Clinic in Haiti for many years. Pastor Harry says, “I have heard from New Missions. Several buildings have been damaged and one school collapsed. Evidently one teacher died and there are more injuries. I don’t have a report on our clinics at the moment (Hope Alive Clinics) except that they think they are OK and they will be sending medical supplies into the areas hit the hardest.”
WJTL’s Chris Strayer’s brother and sister-in-law are currently serving in Haiti with Joy In Hope – the parent organization for Haitian Children’s Home. Here’s what they have shared about the recent tragedy:
“I am sure everyone has heard the news by now that Haiti had a major earthquake yesterday afternoon. It was, without question, the scariest thing I have ever experienced. Everyone in our family/staff is fine…There’s a lot of damage in the area. Large buildings have crumbled into piles of rubble. People are scared. It’s an eery [sic] feeling. We continue to have aftershocks– some of them strong. We all slept outside last night, with all our staff and their families, and the boys from the boys home. We will know more soon now that the sun is up…Please keep us in your prayers.”