Congratulations to WJTL, Kids Cookie Break, and host Lisa Landis – winner of The Pennsylvania Association of Broadcasters Excellence in Broadcasting Radio Judges Merit Award for The Kids Cookie Break Fest 2013. On Monday (May 5) Fred, Lisa and Kristi attended the annual gathering of Pennsylvania Broadcasters and received the award during a special ceremony at the Hotel Hershey.
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! May 2, 3 & 4, 2014
5) Saturday In the Park, tomorrow (Saturday, May 3) 11am-6pm at the Freedom Memorial Park, Millersville, rain or shine. Free carnival-style games, Steven Courtney and The Suitcase Musicians. Bring your lawn chairs and blankets and enjoy a fun afternoon. More Info: 717-393-7308
4) Ready, Set, Explore: A Backyard Adventure with Curious George, tomorrow (Saturday, May 3) 9am-11am at Lancaster County Environmental Center. Designed for ages 3-8, kids will meet Curious George and discover science by exploring animal habitats & tracks, observing plants & insects, learning about weather & wind, and creating tools to explore with at home. All family members welcome.
3) 6th Annual Penn Township-Pleaseant View Community Day tomorrow (Saturday, May 3rd) Rain or Shine – 9am-2pm, Penryn Road, Manheim. 5K Run, food, entertainment, craft fair, and community organizations. More Info: https://www.pleasantviewrc.org
2) One A-Chord in Concert, Sunday (May 4) 6:30pm-8:30pm at Calvary Monument Bible Church in Paradise. An evening of praise & worship with One A-Chord, the Lancaster County National Day of Prayer Choir. Admission is free; a love offering will be taken. More Info: www.calvarymonument.org
1) The Rafiki Africa Festival & 5K run/walk tomorrow (Saturday, May 3) 9am – 1pm on the grounds of the Lancaster County Christian School, New Holland Pk, Lancaster. African food, dancing and drumming, crafts, a fashion show, and MORE. Kids Cookie Break Broadcasting live. More Info: https://www.rafikiafrica.org/african-festival-2014
On Saturday at 7:00 p.m., it’s a multi-talented entertainer: Taylor Mason! He’s a comedian, ventriloquist and musician. All ages will enjoy his funny, unique style and good humor.
Tickets for both shows will be available at the door. (Doors open at 6:00 p.m. for both shows.) Tune in to WJTL on Friday, May 2nd for chances to win tickets to these events. Keep our number handy: 717-392-3690.
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! April 25, 26 & 27, 2014
5) Manheim Christian Day 38th Annual Benefit Auction & Family Fun Days, tonight (Friday, April 25) and tomorrow (Saturday, April 26) at the school, Lebanon Rd., Manheim. Kids Activities, Helicopter Candy Drop, Chicken Barbecue, Buffet Breakfast, Auction and more. More Info: ManheimChristian.org
4) Clarinet Quartet Superb – Central Pennsylvania’s only professional performing clarinet quartet,will perform at Garden Spot Village tomorrow (Saturday April 26) at 7pm. More Info: gardenspotvillage.org
3) PUREhope Coffeehouse tomorrow (Saturday, April 26) 6:30 -10pm at St. Peter’s Evangelical Lutheran Church. A benefit coffeehouse for Abolition International and Blood:Water Mission to support the organizations. Live entertainment provided throughout the evening by Jonathan Frazier, the Elizabethtown College Clarinet Ensemble, Seasons, and friends.
2) Miles For Martins Cross Country 5K Miles Cross Country Run/Walk that benefits the Martin Family Education Trust. It offers hope to the four children survived by Wes and Liz Martin by raising funds in an effort to provide a fundamental education for the children to grow and succeed in life. Miles 4 Martins begins and ends at Lancaster Catholic High School Stadium. Rain or shine. More Info: miles4martins.com
1) Sahd Salvage Earth Day Event tomorrow (Saturday, April 26) Lisa and Kids Cookie Break Live from 9am to noon, Aluminum Can donations benefit WJTL! Scrap Yard Tours, Recycling Organizations, Composting Shows. http://recycleyourmetal.com/
Listen to WJTL all day long (6AM-10PM) on Thursday, April 24th. Whenever you hear a Rich Mullins song, that’s your cue to call 717-392-3690. The first caller (who hasn’t won from WJTL in the past 30 days) will win a pair of tickets to this Sunday’s showing of the movie in The Junction Center Tent!
Everyone is encouraged to bring an unwanted used pair of shoes to donate to Lancaster Teen Challenge. Support microenterprise ventures in developing nations and keep old shoes out of local landfills.
Marty Shaughnessy & The Stars Are Spies are former members of local bands The Rainchildren and The Innocence Mission. They’ll be “Live From The Junction Center” this Friday evening at 8:00 to play songs – old and new – in front of a live studio audience. We’ll air it live on WJTL, but would like to give you a chance to be here for this exclusive event!
Those in attendance will enjoy local treats, too! We’ll serve Turkey Hill Dairy’s All-Natural Ice Cream and coffee courtesy of The Good Java Company!
Listen to WJTL all day long on Tuesday, April 22nd for chances to call in and win spots on our guest list for this exclusive event. Keep our number handy: 717-392-3690 (392-FM90).
If you’re a youth worker (pastor, staffer, volunteer), we have a special contest this week just for you! Listen all day long Monday – Friday (April 21-25th) for your chance to attend a special Zip Line Canopy Tour Preview–just for youth workers–at Refreshing Mountain Retreat & Adventure Center in Northern Lancaster County. The canopy tour features 7 zip lines spanning over 3,500 feet, along with 3 sky bridges. The special preview event for youth workers is happening on Thursday, May 1st from 1-3 p.m.
Keep our number handy: 717-392-3690 and listen for the DJs’ cues to call in and win!
-Please note, minimum weight for the zip lines is 60 lbs.; maximum weight is 280 lbs.
-Full-time and part-time youth workers are eligible.
Shawn McDonald is back with the new song “We Are Brave” from his album “Brave”, which releases this week! Tune in to WJTL all week for a special Street Week Contest! Not only will we give you a chance to win the new CD…but we’ll add in some extras. Listen for your chance to win the new “Brave” CD with a “We Are Brave” T-shirt –OR– maybe you’ll hold out and try to win one of the 5 Shawn McDonald CD Libraries we’re giving away! Plan ahead and reprogram your speed dial so you’re ready when the DJs give you the chance to call in and win: 717-392-3690. (392-FM90)
*You must not have won from WJTL in the past 30 days in order to qualify for this contest.
*If you won a CD library or other prize valued over $100 in the past year, you are not eligible to win a CD library.
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! April 11, 12 & 13, 2014
5) The Conservatory of Music Youth Orchestra and String Section will perform a free concert tomorrow (Saturday, April 12th) at The Trust Performing Arts Center in downtown Lancaster beginning at 7pm. More Info: L-C-M-I-N-C-PA.org
4)The “Hand’s 4 Him” Puppet Ministry Team will present the Easter musical “Countdown to Easter”, Sunday (April 13th) from 4-5pm at Mountville Church of the Brethren, Clay Street in Mountville. Light refreshments will be served afterwards. More info: Mountvillecob.org
3) Grace Baptist Church of Lancaster annual Easter Celebration and Egg Hunt tomorrow (Saturday, April 12th) from 10:00-noon. Activities for infants through kids in 6th grade will include a Bounce House, games, crafts, prizes, the Easter story, and an egg hunt.
2) A Gospel Music Extravaganza Concert to Celebrate the 91st Birthday of the Crispus Attucks Community Center, Sunday (April 13) 4pm at Brightside Baptist Church, Hershey Ave, Lancaster. More Info: 717 394-6604
1) FREE EASTER EGG HUNT with OVER 40,000 EGGS!!! for kids from birth to 12 years old (Food, games, & entertainment for kids of all ages!) tomorrow (Saturday, April 12) at New Life Church , Old Philadelphia Pike, Lancaster. Registration and entertainment begin at 9am. Egg hunt begins at 10am! Pre-Register online at www.newlifelancaster.org
WJTL and Grauer’s Paint & Decorating Center present: the Redo Your View Contest! We’re going to give away 5 $200 gift cards to Grauer’s Paint & Decorating Center in Lancaster and Lititz so that our winners can pick up everything they need to repaint and redo their room! Click here for more details and to fill out the entry form.
Winners will be announced on Friday mornings during the Get Up & Go Show with Fred & Lisa through April 18th.
*Only one entry per household will be permitted.
*Winners will be selected at random from all of those that qualify.
*If you’ve won a prize from WJTL valued over $100 in the past year, you are not eligible for this contest.
*If you won in this contest last year, your household is not eligible to enter.
*Comments left on this blog DO NOT count as entries in this contest!
What better way to celebrate Street Week for Jessa Anderson‘s new release Whole than by seeing her “Live From The Junction Center”?! Good news: you’ll have the chance to do just that. Jessa will be here this Sunday, April 13th at 7PM. She’ll play a mini-concert, including some songs from her new CD! (We like the track “Idols”, which we currently play from time to time on New Tunes at 9.)
On Thursday, April 10th, we’ll give you the chance to win your way onto our guest list for this exclusive event. That means you would be part of our live studio audience as we broadcast the event live on air. Those in attendance will also enjoy coffee courtesy of The Good Java Company and whoopie pies provided by Dutch Way Country Markets with locations in Myerstown, Gap and Schaefferstown! So, put us on speed dial and listen for your chance to call in and win all day long!