The “Morning Rises” Tour featuring Aaron Shust, Mikeschair, Nathan Tasker and Lauren Daigle is coming to The Junction Center Tent on Thursday, October 2nd. Click here for tickets and info. Tune in to WJTL from now ’til the evening of the show for your chance to call in and win a CD from one of the artists appearing on stage–or tickets to the show! Keep our number handy: 392-FM90 (717-392-3690).
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! September 26, 27 & 28, 2014
5. Randy Stonehill in concert tonight (Friday, Sept 26) 7pm at Elizabethtown Mennonite Church on Spruce Street in E-town. Concert is at 7:00 with doors open at 6:00. A free will offering will be taken. More Info: http://www.elizabethtownmennonitechurch.com/
4. LBC Homecoming festivities! Tonight 7-10pm and Tomorrow 8am-5pm (Friday, Sept 26 & Saturday, Sept 27) Sandstories, Fireworks,5k, Pumpkin Painting, Kids area and Kids Cookie Break Broadcasting Live Saturday morning 9am-noon. More Info: http://www.lbc.edu
3. 3rd Annual Community Day – Septemberfest at Spring Creek Church of the Brethren, Areba Ave in Hershey – Sunday, (September 28) from 3pm to 7:30pm. Kids games, prizes, pony rides, and a visit by the local Hershey Volunteer Fire Company and Derry Township K-9 Unit, Barrel Trains and Antique cars and tractors. More Info: www.springcreekcob.org.
2. Wesley UMC Famliy Fun Fest tomorrow (Sept. 27) from Noon-5pm. Music By Wesley Praise Band, Bluegrass Jam Session, Dunk Tank, Magic Show, Children’s Games and more. More Info: http://www.wesleychurch.us/
1. Gravel Hill UMC’s 5th Annual Charity Motorcycle Ride & Community Day tomorrow (Saturday, September 27) beginning at 1pm. Charity Motorcycle Ride, Community Day, free food, balloons, Zoo America presentation, games, bingo, cake walk, door prizes, inflatables, and music. Gravel Hill UMC is located at 131 Gravel Hill Road, Palmyra, PA. More Info: gravelhillumc.org
It’s Tent Season! The Junction Center Tent is up here on the property in Manheim and we’re loving this year’s lineup of concerts and events, which will keep on going until the weather starts cooling off again. The Junction Center Tent is a unique venue for all the great entertainment we have planned: it’s outdoors, it’s heated and it’s all-weather, so the show can go on rain or shine. The tent can be converted to an amphitheater in nice weather and for extra-large events. We have a lot planned already and are adding events all the time. View the schedule of concerts, entertainment, movie nights and more at www.TheJunctionCenter.com
And now…here’s how you could win tickets to a month’s worth of events happening in The Junction Center Tent! We invite you to email in an entry in for our Tent Season Contest. (Email details below.) We’ll draw a winner every month and give them tickets to a month of events being held in The Junction Center Tent.
Congratulations to Dave Snyder of Mountville, our first winner! Dave won 2 tickets to all of the following:
-The Ragamuffin Movie: The True Story of Rich Mullins on April 27th
-Comedian Taylor Mason on May 3rd
-Steve Taylor & The Perfect Foil with Peter Furler Band on May 4th
-John Mark McMillan and band on May 9th
-The Kingsmen with The Dills (an evening of Southern Gospel) on May 23rd
-The Donut Man on May 24th
-Illusionist Brett A. Myers on May 30th
Congratulations to Linda Denlinger of Lewistown, winner of 2 tickets to:
-Illusionist Brett A. Myers on May 31st
-Sanctus Real & City Harbor on June 7th
-Nelons with The LeFevre Quartet on June 14th
-Jake Shimabukuro on June 19th
-Family Movie Night (VeggieTales “Jonah”) on June 20th
-Phil Keaggy on June 22nd
Congratulations to Dave Auman of Lebanon, winner of 2 tickets to:
-Mark Schultz on July 11th
-Family Movie Night (“Mary Poppins”) on July 18th
-Sidewalk Prophets on August 8th
Congratulations to Pamela Shonk of Middletown, winner of 2 tickets to:
-Family Movie Night (“The Muppet Movie”) on August 15th
-Mark Bishop & Soul’d Out on August 16th
-Kids Cookie Break Fest on August 30th
-Michael Card on September 6th
-“God’s Not Dead” movie on September 14th
-Family Movie Night (“The Parent Trap”) on September 19th
Congratulations to our final winner, Christine Seaman of Myerstown, winner of 2 tickets to:
-Aaron Shust with Mikeschair on October 2nd
-An Evening with C. S. Lewis on October 4th
-“Believe Me” movie on October 5th
-Family Movie Night (“The Love Bug”) on October 17th
-Plumb with Rhett Walker Band on October 23rd
*Special thanks to Turkey Hill Dairy’s All-Natural Ice Cream for presenting the 2014 concert and event lineup in The Junction Center Tent!
HOW TO ENTER:
-Email TentSeason@WJTL.com with “Tent Season” in the subject line
-Include your name, age, address, phone number
-Only one entry per person will be permitted.
-We’ll only allow one winner per household in this contest.
-Once you enter, you’ll stay in the drawing for the entire 2014 Tent Season (April – October).
-Comments on this blog DO NOT COUNT as entries into this contest.
-Winners will be drawn at random from all eligible entries.
-Winners will only receive tickets to events being held in the Junction Center Tent; not events listed that are being held at other venues.
Christian Music Hall Of Famer, Randy Stonehill, has been an important part of the industry for over 40 years. He’s written over 800 songs, some of which may have really made an impact on your heart and life! Randy is currently on the road, playing several local shows over the next couple of weeks. Click here for tickets and info–or see his Facebook page.
Coming up this Friday, September 26th, Randy will be in concert at Elizabethtown Mennonite Church at 7PM. (Admission is free; a love offering will be taken.)
Since he’ll be so close to WJTL’s home in Manheim, he’ll stop by The Junction Center for an acoustic-style mini concert in front of a live studio audience! We’ll broadcast it live on the air. This is an exclusive event and space is limited: in order to attend, you must win your way onto the guest list. Tune in to WJTL all day long (6AM-10PM) on Tuesday, September 23rd. We’ll give you chances to call in and win! Keep our number handy: 392-FM90 (717-392-3690.) Those in attendance will enjoy refreshments including Auntie Anne’s pretzels and Good Java from The Good Java Company.
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! September 19, 20 & 21, 2014
5. WJTL Family Movie Night, tonight (Fri. Sept. 19th) at 7pm at The Junction Center Tent in Manheim. Pedal Cars starting at 6pm. Details and Free tickets at thejunctioncenter.com
4. Kids Cookie Break broadcasting live from Achenbach’s Pastries 60th Anniversary Celebration tomorrow (Saturday, September 20th) from 9am til noon. KCB free goodies and door prizes. Free cookies, ice cream and more. More Info: http://www.achenbachs.com
3.Greystone Manor Therapeutic Riding Center 2014 Annual Horse Show tomorrow (Saturday, September 20th) from 9AM-3:30PM at their riding center in Leola. The theme this year is “Dancing with Horses” featuring many different riders and their horses. There will also be a special presentation at noon by a rider and her blind dressing horse, named Tuxedo. More Info: http://www.greystonemanortrc.org/
2. The 13th Annual Neffsville Car Show featuring 500 Cars, food and live music. Tomorrow (Saturday, September 20th) 9am-4pm at the Manheim Township Community Park, Rotary Road in Lititz. More Info: neffsville-carshow.com
1. The 65th Solanco Fair, today (Friday, September 19) 10am-10pm. Milking Contest, Tractor Pull, Iron Man Contest and More at Memorial Park in Quarryville. More Info: http://solancofair.com/
The movie “God’s Not Dead” is playing on the big screen in The Junction Center Tent on Sunday, September 14th at 7PM (doors open at 6PM)–presented by Turkey Hill Dairy’s All-Natural Ice Cream. The film follows the story of one college student who must decide how far he’s willing to go to defend his belief in God. (Click here for the full synopsis.)
Tune in to WJTL all day (6AM-10PM) on Winning Wednesday, September 10th, for chances to call in and win tickets to the movie! Keep our number handy: 717-392-3690 (392-FM90). The DJs will tell you when it’s time to call in and win.
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! September 5, 6 & 7, 2014
5) Wheels & Wags Auto, Truck & Motorcycle Show tomorrow (Sat. Sept. 6th) from 3-7pm at Lawn Fire Hall and Carnival Grounds in Lawn. All vehicles welcome. Silent Auction, Bounce House, Food, Music and more. More Info: 717-314-4586
4) Annual Whoopie Pie Festival, tomorrow (Saturday, Sept. 6) 11am-4pm on the grounds of Hershey Farm Restaurant and Inn, Route 896, Strasburg. Eating Contest, Whoopie Pie Launch, a Giant Whoopie Pie, Music and more interactive Whoopie Pie fun. More Info: http://whoopiepiefestival.com/
3) Outbreak Festival, tomorrow (Sat Sept 6) from 10am-6pm at the East Petersburg Park. Live music including local Christian jazz artist Kirk Reese, drama, and performances from character juggler Chris Ivey and old-time strongman Chris Rider. Organized games for the kids too. More Info: http://eastpetersburgborough.org/event/outbreak-festival/
2) First Friday Lancaster, tonight (Friday, Sept 5) 5-9pm
Celebrate Art, Music and the Community of Lancaster. Galleries, museums, artist studios, Music and more. More Info: http://www.lancastercityevents.com
1) Ephrata Arts & Crafts & Restaurant Fair, tomorrow (Saturday, September 6) 9am-3pm, Main & State Streets in Ephrata. This annual event features over 200 artisans, local restaurants and homegrown music. Sponsored by the Ephrata Merchants Association. More Info: http://ephratamerchants.com
Christian music industry veteran, Michael Card will be live in concert in The Junction Center Tent this Saturday, presented by Turkey Hill Dairy’s All-Natural Ice Cream. Doors open at 6PM; the concert starts at 7PM. Since his debut in 1981, Michael Card has written, recorded and performed many #1 hits with lyrics that were penned out of his intensive study of the Scriptures: “El Shaddai”, “Immanuel”, “Love Crucified Arose”, “Heal Our Land”, “Joy In The Journey” and more. He is a graduate of Western Kentucky University, where he earned his bachelors and master degrees in biblical studies. He also received honorary PhDs in music and Christian education from Whitfield Seminary and Philadelphia Biblical University.
Tune in to WJTL on Winning Wednesday, September 3rd, for chances to call in and win tickets to the concert. Listen for the DJs’ cues to call 392-FM90 (717-392-3690).
The 3rd Annual Kids Cookie Break Fest is tomorrow (Saturday, Aug 30). It is amazing to be celebrating 15 Years of The Kids Cookie Break Program on WJTL.
Gates will open at 9am for those of you with Morning Program Tickets (please don’t come any earlier than that, we won’t be ready for you and you will have to wait). Gates will open at 2:30pm for those of you with Afternoon Program Tickets.
The Junction Center is located at 1875 Junction Rd, Manheim, on the backside of Roots Market and down the road from the Manheim Auto Auction.
Morning Program – 10am-2pm
9:00am – Gates Open
9:55am – Special Presentation and Unveiling
10:05am – Lisa Welcome
10:06am – Phredd
10:45am – This Way Up
11:20am – KCB Games with Lisa Landis
11:30am – Jesse Rothacker and Forgotten Friend Reptiles
12:05pm – Steven Courtney & the Suitcase Musicians
12:50pm – KCB Games with Lisa Landis
1:00pm – Slugs & Bugs
1:45pm – Candy Drop
2:00pm – Please exit to make room for afternoon attenders
Afternoon Program – 3pm-7pm
2:30pm – Gates Open
2:55pm – Special Presentation and Unveiling
3:05pm – Lisa Welcome
3:06pm – Phredd
3:45pm – This Way Up
4:20pm – KCB Games with Lisa Landis
4:30pm – Jesse Rothacker and Forgotten Friend Reptiles
5:05pm – Steven Courtney & the Suitcase Musicians
5:50pm – KCB Games with Lisa Landis
6:00pm – Slugs & Bugs
6:45pm – Candy Drop
**bad weather could cancel the event. Listen to WJTL for updates.
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! August 29, 30 & 31, 2014
5) Chalk the Lot Sponsored by Fulton Street Arts Cooperative, Sunday (Aug 31) 11am to 4pm at 321 Fulton Street in Lancaster. Families are invited to help fill the parking lot and sidewalk surrounding the co-op with chalk art! Chalk will be provided, but feel free to bring some along. More info: fultonstreetarts.com
4) Back to School Community Day tomorrow (Sat. AUGUST 30) from 6-8pm at Shiremanstown First Church of God in Shiremanstown. Free Food, Games, Bounce House, Music and More. More Info: 717-737-7600
3) Old-fashioned Hymn Sing at The Heritage Baptist Church of Manheim Sunday (August 31, 2014), beginning at 6pm. The sing features a hymn history and the practical application of hymn singing for church and home. A fellowship will follow the sing. More Info:(717) 560-3761
2) 27th Annual Heart of Lancaster Arts & Craft Show at Roots Country Market in Manheim. Free event, tomorrow (Saturday Aug 30) and Sunday (Aug 31) 10am to 4pm both days, rain or shine. Select Artists and Craftsmen from Pennsylvania and nearby states, music by Susquehanna Pipes and Drums and the Jazz Group Over Easy. More Info: http://www.hlcshow.com/
1) And we just couldn’t leave this big event off our list – Kids Cookie Break Festival 14, tomorrow (Sat, Aug 30) – 2 Programs 10am-2pm and 3pm-7pm – featuring Slugs & Bugs, Steven Courtney, Barrel Rides, Candy Drop, Big Bright Bounce Houses, Petting Zoo and More. For those with tickets to this “sold out” event, we will see you tomorrow. Tune in to WJTL througout the day as we will occasionally cut away for stage performances and interviews.
There will be a lot going on this Saturday at The Junction Center. There will be a Petting Zoo, Inflatable from Big Bright Bounces, The Bull Guys Bull Riding, Pedal Cars, Fire Trucks, Local Police Dunk Tank, Concerts, and much more. The Kids Cookie Break Fest 2014 is 100% reserved. For those with tickets – here is the schedule.
Morning Program Schedule
09:00 – Gates Open
09:55 – Special Presentation and Unveiling
10:05 – Lisa Welcome
10:06 – Phredd
10:45 – This Way Up
11:20 – KCB Games with Lisa Landis
11:30 – Jesse Rothacker and Forgotten Friend Reptiles
12:05 – Steven Courtney & the Suitcase Musicians
12:50 – KCB Games with Lisa Landis
1:00 – Slugs & Bugs
1:45 – Candy Drop
Evening Program Schedule
2:30 – Gates Open
2:55 – Special Presentation and Unveiling
3:05 – Lisa Welcome
3:06 – Phredd
3:45 – This Way Up
4:20 – KCB Games with Lisa Landis
4:30 – Jesse Rothacker and Forgotten Friend Reptiles
5:05 – Steven Courtney & the Suitcase Musicians
5:50 – KCB Games with Lisa Landis
6:00 – Slugs & Bugs
6:45 – Candy Drop