The Donut Man is known for singing fun Bible story songs for kids and their families. He’ll perform in The Junction Center Tent in Manheim this Saturday at 11AM. It’s part of the 2014 Tent Season lineup, presented by Turkey Hill Dairy’s All-Natural Ice Cream. Click here for tickets and info. Be sure to listen to WJTL all day long on Winning Wednesday, May 20th for chances to call in and win a Family 4 Pack of tickets to the show! Keep our number handy: 717-392-3690 (392-FM90).
We had a blast at the 61st Sertoma Chicken BBQ! The weather was beautiful, the chicken was delicious and the entertainment on the Weaver’s Garage Stage was unbeatable! (Click here to see our photos from the day.)
Congratulations to the Top 3 winners in the 2014 Talent Challenge, as voted by the audience:
1st Place: Super Marimbros, William and Caleb (marimba players)
2nd Place: The Sentimentals (a cappella vocal ensemble)
3rd Place: Sarah, Faith, Carter (Irish Dancers)
Prizes were made possible by DavCo Advertising, meeting printing and promotional product needs from concept to completion. 800-283-2826
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! May 16, 17 & 18, 2014
5) Coffeehouse & Open Mic NIght tonight (Friday May 16)from 7-9 PM at the Community Room on King with featured musician Philip Miller – singer/songwriter from Lancaster. More Info: http://www.veritaspa.org
4) The 100 voice Lancaster Chorale and orchestra, will present Mendelssohn’s oratorio, “Elijah” on Sunday, May 18 at 6 PM at Calvary Church, Lancaster. Admission is free. A free-will offering will be received.More Info: www.calvarychurch.org
3) The Rhubarb Festival tonight and tomorrow (Friday and Saturday, May 16 and 17) at Kitchen Kettle Village, Old Philly Pike in Intercourse, PA. Activities for young and old – the world’s only rhubarb race-car derby, Best Rhubarb Dessert baking contest, Rhubarb Whoopie Pie Filling Contest, the Rhubarb Stroll mini parade featuring costumed characters, musicians, and more. Free! More Info: www.kitchenkettlevillage.com
2) Freedom Fun Fair tomorrow (Saturday May 17) at Lebanon Valley Bible Church will be hosting its 5th annual FREE Community Event from 10am-2pm. FREE Food, Petting Zoo, Face-Painting, Pony Rides, Bouncy Houses, and Games for All Ages! LVBC is located on US-322 between Fontana and Campbelltown. Rain or Shine! More Info: lvbiblechurch.org
1) Sertoma Chicken BBQ at Long’s Park, Lancaster tomorrow (Saturday, May 17) starting with the Kid’s Cookie Break Broadcasting Live at 9am. Bruce Fite at noon followed by Strong In Us, Illusionist Brett Myers, Last year’s Talent Challenge Winners – Disciples of Praise, The 2014 Talent Challenge and ending with Matt Wheeler & Vintage Heart. WJTL.com
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! May 9, 10 & 11, 2014
5) Calvary Bible Church Block Party, tomorrow (Saturday, May 10th) from noon-3pm, 629 Union School Road, Mount Joy. Food, games, train barrel rides, crafts, petting zoo, bounce house, prizes and more. More Info: 717-653-5857.
4) The Kraybill Benefit Auction & Fair tonight (Friday, May 9) and tomorrow (Saturday, May 10) at Lancaster Mennonite School – Kraybill campus. Mechanical Bull Ride, Inflatable Obstacle Course, Dunk Tank, Pedal Carts, Face Painting and more. More Info: www.kraybillauction.com
3) Fore Change – Putting an End to Hunger in Haiti Miniature Golf Tournament & Family Fun Day, tomorrow (Saturday, May 10) at Heritage Hills Golf Resort in York. Bounce House, Face Painting, Steven Courtney Concert. and more. More info:forechange.org
2) Friendship Community’s Fest and Auction tonight (Friday, May 9) and tomorrow (Saturday, May 10th) on the grounds of Friendship Community, East Oregon Rd, Lititz, with a Pancake and sausage breakfast, kids activities by Cherry Crest Adventure Farm, Friday Night Steven Courtney & The Suitcase Musicians Concert and More. More Info: www.friendshipcommunity.net
1) Susquehanna Valley Pregnancy Services Walk Plus for Life, tomorrow (Sat. May 10th) at Calvary Church in Lancaster and South Hills Park, Lebanon . Registration begins at 7:30am. Walk, 5K Run, Motorcycle Ride, Kids’ Zones, Kids’ Stage, Chicken BBQ! More Info: http://www.svps.org/
John Mark McMillan and his band are playing The Junction Center Tent in Manheim this Friday night at 7:00. This event is part of the 2014 Tent Season Lineup, presented by Turkey Hill Dairy’s All-Natural Ice Cream. Click here for tickets and info. Listen to WJTL this week for your chance to win Platinum Experience tickets to the concert! It includes the “Live From The Junction Center” mini-concert and meet & greet at 5PM in addition to tickets to the concert at 7PM. Here’s our number: 717-392-3690 (392-FM90). Listen for the DJs’ cues to call in and win!
Congratulations to WJTL, Kids Cookie Break, and host Lisa Landis – winner of The Pennsylvania Association of Broadcasters Excellence in Broadcasting Radio Judges Merit Award for The Kids Cookie Break Fest 2013. On Monday (May 5) Fred, Lisa and Kristi attended the annual gathering of Pennsylvania Broadcasters and received the award during a special ceremony at the Hotel Hershey.
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! May 2, 3 & 4, 2014
5) Saturday In the Park, tomorrow (Saturday, May 3) 11am-6pm at the Freedom Memorial Park, Millersville, rain or shine. Free carnival-style games, Steven Courtney and The Suitcase Musicians. Bring your lawn chairs and blankets and enjoy a fun afternoon. More Info: 717-393-7308
4) Ready, Set, Explore: A Backyard Adventure with Curious George, tomorrow (Saturday, May 3) 9am-11am at Lancaster County Environmental Center. Designed for ages 3-8, kids will meet Curious George and discover science by exploring animal habitats & tracks, observing plants & insects, learning about weather & wind, and creating tools to explore with at home. All family members welcome.
3) 6th Annual Penn Township-Pleaseant View Community Day tomorrow (Saturday, May 3rd) Rain or Shine – 9am-2pm, Penryn Road, Manheim. 5K Run, food, entertainment, craft fair, and community organizations. More Info: https://www.pleasantviewrc.org
2) One A-Chord in Concert, Sunday (May 4) 6:30pm-8:30pm at Calvary Monument Bible Church in Paradise. An evening of praise & worship with One A-Chord, the Lancaster County National Day of Prayer Choir. Admission is free; a love offering will be taken. More Info: www.calvarymonument.org
1) The Rafiki Africa Festival & 5K run/walk tomorrow (Saturday, May 3) 9am – 1pm on the grounds of the Lancaster County Christian School, New Holland Pk, Lancaster. African food, dancing and drumming, crafts, a fashion show, and MORE. Kids Cookie Break Broadcasting live. More Info: https://www.rafikiafrica.org/african-festival-2014
On Saturday at 7:00 p.m., it’s a multi-talented entertainer: Taylor Mason! He’s a comedian, ventriloquist and musician. All ages will enjoy his funny, unique style and good humor.
Tickets for both shows will be available at the door. (Doors open at 6:00 p.m. for both shows.) Tune in to WJTL on Friday, May 2nd for chances to win tickets to these events. Keep our number handy: 717-392-3690.
FIVE FUN FREE FAMILY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! April 25, 26 & 27, 2014
5) Manheim Christian Day 38th Annual Benefit Auction & Family Fun Days, tonight (Friday, April 25) and tomorrow (Saturday, April 26) at the school, Lebanon Rd., Manheim. Kids Activities, Helicopter Candy Drop, Chicken Barbecue, Buffet Breakfast, Auction and more. More Info: ManheimChristian.org
4) Clarinet Quartet Superb – Central Pennsylvania’s only professional performing clarinet quartet,will perform at Garden Spot Village tomorrow (Saturday April 26) at 7pm. More Info: gardenspotvillage.org
3) PUREhope Coffeehouse tomorrow (Saturday, April 26) 6:30 -10pm at St. Peter’s Evangelical Lutheran Church. A benefit coffeehouse for Abolition International and Blood:Water Mission to support the organizations. Live entertainment provided throughout the evening by Jonathan Frazier, the Elizabethtown College Clarinet Ensemble, Seasons, and friends.
2) Miles For Martins Cross Country 5K Miles Cross Country Run/Walk that benefits the Martin Family Education Trust. It offers hope to the four children survived by Wes and Liz Martin by raising funds in an effort to provide a fundamental education for the children to grow and succeed in life. Miles 4 Martins begins and ends at Lancaster Catholic High School Stadium. Rain or shine. More Info: miles4martins.com
1) Sahd Salvage Earth Day Event tomorrow (Saturday, April 26) Lisa and Kids Cookie Break Live from 9am to noon, Aluminum Can donations benefit WJTL! Scrap Yard Tours, Recycling Organizations, Composting Shows. http://recycleyourmetal.com/
Listen to WJTL all day long (6AM-10PM) on Thursday, April 24th. Whenever you hear a Rich Mullins song, that’s your cue to call 717-392-3690. The first caller (who hasn’t won from WJTL in the past 30 days) will win a pair of tickets to this Sunday’s showing of the movie in The Junction Center Tent!
Everyone is encouraged to bring an unwanted used pair of shoes to donate to Lancaster Teen Challenge. Support microenterprise ventures in developing nations and keep old shoes out of local landfills.
Marty Shaughnessy & The Stars Are Spies are former members of local bands The Rainchildren and The Innocence Mission. They’ll be “Live From The Junction Center” this Friday evening at 8:00 to play songs – old and new – in front of a live studio audience. We’ll air it live on WJTL, but would like to give you a chance to be here for this exclusive event!
Those in attendance will enjoy local treats, too! We’ll serve Turkey Hill Dairy’s All-Natural Ice Cream and coffee courtesy of The Good Java Company!
Listen to WJTL all day long on Tuesday, April 22nd for chances to call in and win spots on our guest list for this exclusive event. Keep our number handy: 717-392-3690 (392-FM90).