FRED MCNAUGHTON – Saturday’s Peter Furler Concert scheduled for The Junction Center has been moved to Lancaster Bible College. That means there are more tickets available now for Saturday’s Peter Furler and Band Concert at Lancaster Bible College beginning at 7pm.
Click Here to Order Tickets
Click Here for Directions to Lancaster Bible College
WJTL recently broadcast on brand new microphones in a brand new studio. In fact, the entire building and everything in it was brand new! The Charles Frey Academic Center at Lancaster Bible College is now complete. The ribbon cutting and dedication are in the history books. The facility is the new home for six of LBC’s seven departments, including faculty offices and state of the art class rooms. It also has an ice cream parlor, serving Turkey Hill Dairy‘s flavors! (Charles Frey’s father founded Turkey Hill Dairy, while he and his brother helped the company grow.)
There’s an impressive television studio and radio station, too! LBC’s Communication Department is expanding to offer students a Radio Broadcasting course starting this Fall. I’ll be adjunct professor for the course, which will also incorporate special appearances by some of WJTL’s staff.
We are eager to share our passion, knowledge and experience with students on their way to enter the media industry. While constructing WJTL Studio B at LBC, our own Chris Strayer (of Stray Lighting & Production Services) made sure the studio had super cool lighting accents while Flagstream Technologies‘ Roy Landis and Don Horst got all the wires and equipment in the right places so that the studio functions!
If you or someone you know is currently considering where to further their education, click here for details on Charger Day! This preview day for perspective students is coming up April 7 & 8. (I will be back in WJTL Studio B at LBC with some students on April 8th from 10:00 – 11:30 a.m. so you can see it in operation.) See more photos on our Flickr stream.
Kristi Leigh – WJTL DJ
Comedian Michael Jr. is coming to Lancaster Bible College (tickets and info here) as part of their homecoming celebration! The show is on Friday, September 27th at 7:30 p.m. Hailed as one of today’s most gifted comedians, Michael Jr, has performed on The Tonight Show, Comedy Central, TV One, The Late, Late Show, BET’s ComicView, Jimmy Kimmel Live, and CNN. You’ll find him at the most prestigious comedy clubs across the nation and in the country’s largest churches.
April 12, 13 & 14, 2013
5) Jesse Rothacker and Forgotten Friends Reptiles will be at DOVE Westgate Church in Ephrata tonight (Friday, April 12) at 6:30pm to conduct a reptile show for families. Snacks will be provided after the show. More Info: 717-721-3775
4) Ichthus Coffee House at Emmanuel Evangelical Free Church of York, Sunday, (April 14) from 7-11pm. Open mic from 7 to 8 and Featured Band, “Under The Son” at 8 PM till 9 PM followed by more open mic.
3) Several worship bands from Lancaster Bible College will host an evening of worship with guest artists and local youth bands, Tonight (Friday, April 12) from 7-9PM at Lancaster Bible College Chapel. Free tickets are required for admission. Donations will be received to help with the cost of the event. More Info: 717-560-8218
2) BeadforLife Opportunity Tour Sunday (April 14) at
St. John’s Episcopal Church, 321 W. Chestnut St. Lancaster, 6:30pm-8:30pm. Meet Joan & Teddy! Both were living on less than a dollar a day until they met BeadforLife. Hear these two entrepreneurs who changed their lives when given a small opportunity. Learn how they earned money and started vibrant businesses that now support their families. More info: BeadForLife.org
1) Annual Lancaster Barnstormers Fan Fest at Clipper Magazine Stadium, Saturday (April 13) Admission to the event is FREE. Gates will open at noon. Barnstormers will host the Camden Riversharks at 1:00 p.m The first 200 fans will receive a FREE hot dog combo meal and the first 150 kids through the gate will receive FREE cotton candy. Turkey Hill will also be passing out FREE ice cream cups. Bring your gloves for pre-game toss and catch on the outfield grass, and kids can make the post-game dash around the bases. A face painter and a balloon artist will also be on hand. More Info: (717) 509-4487
Categories: Fred McNaughton, Staff Pages Bead for Life, Christian Radio, community, family, free, fun, Lancaster Barnstormers, lancaster bible college, LBC, News, weekend
Categories: News, Promo audio a, audio adrenaline, cds, cmi, CMI Live, CMI Productions, contest, giveaways, group 1 crew, kings and queens tour, lancaster bible college, LBC, manic drive, News, seventh day slumber
The City Harmonic will be “Live From The Junction Center” for an acoustic-style mini concert at 2PM this Friday, October 26th! Space is limited for this exclusive event, but you could win your way onto the guest list! Listen to WJTL Wednesday & Thursday, October 24 & 25 for chances to call in and win a spot for you and 3 friends! (4 spots total!) Keep our number handy: 717-392-3690.
Everyone who attends The City Harmonic “Live From The Junction Center” will be entered to win a prize pack including:
*4 tickets to see The City Harmonic live in concert on November 10th at 7PM at Lancaster Bible College (details here)
*1 The City Harmonic CD
*1 The City Harmonic Tshirt
*1 autographed Remo bass drum head courtesy of Drums, etc.in Lancaster (bass drum not included)
548 New Holland Avenue, Lancaster, PA 17602
717.394.DRUM(3786) or Toll-Free 800.922.3786
Hours: M-F 11-8, Sat. 10-6 (Closed Sundays)
www.DrumsEtc.com and on Facebook
Aaron Gillespie is the former drummer for hard rock band Underoath and won the HM magazine Reader’s award for “favorite drummer” in 2008. These days, he has gone solo as a worship leader and also is the lead singer for the band The Almost. He packed the house at the Purple Door festival in 2011. With just one backup musician, he played his guitar AND drummed at the same time. He led, REALLY led, a huge crowd of young people in worship. It was awesome! So much passion and so much heart! He’ll be returning to the listening area this weekend for a concert at LBC, where he’ll sing songs from the worship project, “Anthem Song”. It released last year and features songs written with the likes of Paul Baloche, Delirious and more.
Tune in to WJTL all week (September 17-21) for chances to win tickets to the Aaron Gillespie concert (with special guest Stuart Young) happening THIS SATURDAY at Lancaster Bible College. (Click here for tickets and info).
Categories: News, Promo aaron gillespie, CMI Live, CMI Productions, delirious, lancaster bible college, LBC, Paul Baloche, purple door, rock, screamo, stuart young, underoath, worship, youth group